register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dale_gribble
  • 1 Post By [R]usty
  • 1 Post By sharksinspace
  • 1 Post By Fstrnyou

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #1

armyman has a spectacular aura aboutarmyman has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default injector O ring size

Does any one know the size of the O ring for the fuel injector? I wanted to order them from Mazda in the Netherlands, where I live, but I think they are made of gold judging by the price of over 100 euro's per set of 4! Looking for alternative now. Replacing seals this week and want to do the O rings just be sure
CPe HPFP, Corksport Mazdaspeed 6 power series catted downpipe, Corksport TMIC, Corksport MZR Bypass valve, Cooling Mist W/M injection with cmgs, JBR Tru-3.5 Wide Path Full aluminum Intake System, Denso ITV-22, intank 265 L fuel pump, rear engine mount, EGR block off plate, XS stainless steel exhaust manifold ceramic coating, BNR stage 3 turbo, Stratified Mazda 3 Port Electronic Boost Control Valve, Stratified tune, HKS Twin Power
armyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to armyman For This Un-useful Post:
08mzr (10-25-2015)
 Old 10-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,522 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those orings hold back 1800psi and they are very important hence the price. Just suck it up and get oem parts.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
ms6mil (10-25-2015)
 Old 10-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #3

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,202 Posts
Groans: 107
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by armyman View Post
Does any one know the size of the O ring for the fuel injector? I wanted to order them from Mazda in the Netherlands, where I live, but I think they are made of gold judging by the price of over 100 euro's per set of 4! Looking for alternative now. Replacing seals this week and want to do the O rings just be sure
It's actually going to be more than 100EUR/set, because you need about 3 types of o-rings if you intend to pull the injector rail and replace the rings. Luckily though the other ones are about 3EUR/piece or so, but they still add up to the final price.

Get the OEMs, those are parts that you replace maybe once at 150-200k kms. You need a set of four L3K9-13-253 (the blue and most expensive ones), a set of L3M8-13-252 and another set of L3M6-13-252.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tned to 31PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals
Versatuned
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Micha (02-05-2016)
 Old 10-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #4

armyman has a spectacular aura aboutarmyman has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thnx for the replies and part numbers. Guess it's worth the investment.
CPe HPFP, Corksport Mazdaspeed 6 power series catted downpipe, Corksport TMIC, Corksport MZR Bypass valve, Cooling Mist W/M injection with cmgs, JBR Tru-3.5 Wide Path Full aluminum Intake System, Denso ITV-22, intank 265 L fuel pump, rear engine mount, EGR block off plate, XS stainless steel exhaust manifold ceramic coating, BNR stage 3 turbo, Stratified Mazda 3 Port Electronic Boost Control Valve, Stratified tune, HKS Twin Power
armyman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #5

rusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think the price is just pure rape...look at other di cars and injectors seals are no where near this price.
rusharp is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,522 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's what happens when you buy a car with an engine that was on the cutting edge of technology in the early 2000s with hp/liter that was close to supercars on a low production platform.

Mazdas are pretty cheap to keep up, the o-rings/grommets are one of the only gotchas.
rusharp likes this.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Micha (02-05-2016), WetzMS3 (02-03-2016)
 Old 02-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #7

rusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to beholdrusharp is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
That's what happens when you buy a car with an engine that was on the cutting edge of technology in the early 2000s with hp/liter that was close to supercars on a low production platform.

Mazdas are pretty cheap to keep up, the o-rings/grommets are one of the only gotchas.
Your right, just sometimes it feels necessary to moan about it...If I didn't need them then I'd probably just go about my life..ha.
rusharp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rusharp For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (02-03-2016)
 Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #8

Prodigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thread resurrection:

Does anyone have any spare old O-rings that I can examine? I work at Bosch in the DI group and would like to see if we have an equivalent DI injector O-ring that can be used.
2012 MS3 Crystal White, Tech; Upgraded HPFP, Damond SSP, RMM, PMM, TMM CS RSB, shift knob, mud flaps, hood scoop, TMIC, JBR shifter bushings, leather shift boot w/red stitching, Stoptech lines, Bayson-R front lip.
Not yet installed: JBR EGR delete, catless DP
2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition
Low & Mean CRS, Hepco & Becker crash bars, Marauder headlight w/3800 lumen LED bulb, MBW LED front signal rings, Chrome Glow LED rear signals, 420 lumen LED 1157 taillight bulb, Danny Gray Raven solo seat, Muzzy 2-to-1 exhaust, black front calipers w/red lettering, Thunder Tornado intake, 200/55 rear tire, Progressive front springs w/Racetech Gold valves, Progressive 444 rear shocks (12.5"), Bad Ace rear caliper relocation bracket, Bad Ace Cam Chain Tensioner Extenders, Bad Ace Fork Cap Covers, Bad Ace Fuel Enrichment Knob Relocation Bracket, Avon black anodized air grips w/throttle boss, sidemounted license plate
Prodigalson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #9

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,248 Times in 819 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Thread resurrection:

Does anyone have any spare old O-rings that I can examine? I work at Bosch in the DI group and would like to see if we have an equivalent DI injector O-ring that can be used.
I might have one lying around. I'll check when I get home.
Prodigalson likes this.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [R]usty For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (03-03-2017)
 Old 03-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #10

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 117
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm planning to do a valve cleaning/injector seal swap hopefully later this month, and will be changing out the orings while I'm at if. If you still want/need them at that time, I can send you the OEM rings that I yank out...assuming I don't forget, haha.
Prodigalson likes this.
Bilstein B8; Swift Springs; JBR STS; Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45
PD by Will
sharksinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharksinspace For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (03-09-2017)
 Old 03-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #11

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a used set laying around.

Not sure why I'm helping you though. My brother works at Continental, Fuel Systems.
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Forged build ongoing. Manley H-Tuff & 2618, King Bearings

Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #12

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Prodigalson; The only ones I have are brand new. I was saving them for when I eventually build. Any chance I can let you borrow one or do you need to destroy it?

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

Old 03-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #13

Prodigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud ofProdigalson has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Borrowing is fine! Just want to compare it to existing Bosch O-rings...If the size matches up, we're good (both are DI injector O-rings so functional capability will be equivalent).

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
I have a used set laying around.

Not sure why I'm helping you though. My brother works at Continental, Fuel Systems.
Is your brother a Mazdaspeed brother?
2012 MS3 Crystal White, Tech; Upgraded HPFP, Damond SSP, RMM, PMM, TMM CS RSB, shift knob, mud flaps, hood scoop, TMIC, JBR shifter bushings, leather shift boot w/red stitching, Stoptech lines, Bayson-R front lip.
Low & Mean CRS, Hepco & Becker crash bars, Marauder headlight w/3800 lumen LED bulb, MBW LED front signal rings, Chrome Glow LED rear signals, 420 lumen LED 1157 taillight bulb, Danny Gray Raven solo seat, Muzzy 2-to-1 exhaust, black front calipers w/red lettering, Thunder Tornado intake, 200/55 rear tire, Progressive front springs w/Racetech Gold valves, Progressive 444 rear shocks (12.5"), Bad Ace rear caliper relocation bracket, Bad Ace Cam Chain Tensioner Extenders, Bad Ace Fork Cap Covers, Bad Ace Fuel Enrichment Knob Relocation Bracket, Avon black anodized air grips w/throttle boss, sidemounted license plate
 Old 03-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Borrowing is fine! Just want to compare it to existing Bosch O-rings...If the size matches up, we're good (both are DI injector O-rings so functional capability will be equivalent).

PM incoming.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #15

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Unfortunately no. He has a 420whp G35 that will be up for sale soon.

Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
 Old 03-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #16

galaxyspeed has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fucking orings

Last edited by galaxyspeed; 03-14-2017 at 01:57 PM.
galaxyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

@prodigalson any luck with orings?
 Old 03-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Haven't gotten them yet...
 Old 03-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hopefully you can save some coin let us know man
 Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #20

JohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the roughJohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the roughJohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anything ever come of this?
JohnnyTightlips is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #21

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you mean the blue o-ring ontop, that is available aftermarket, the others are a bit more of a pita. You can usually buy a set of the blues from any injector service place. below is a post with some info. I believe I bought my spare set from the injector guy in canada for like $10-15.

Injector seal confusion

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 05:29 AM   #22

flapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

We are talking about the blue O-rings that go on top of the injectors right?

If you are in a pinch you can pick up a set of those O-rings at Autozone/Advance. Fel-Pro makes them and they are the correct size, but not the same material as OEM.

I bought a set and compared them when I did my injector seals but I coughed up the extra $$$ for OEM because I did not want to have something fuck up. Its my daily driver currently.

Engine:
\\ JBR Solid RMM \\ AWR PMM \\ TRZ TMM \\ JBR PCV OCC \\ COBB SRI & TIP \\ CPE 3.25" TMIC \\ TurboXS 3" Catless DP \\ 3" Resonated Midpipe Back \\ Autotech HPFP Internals \\ Ford Transit Van Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter \\ Full EGR Delete \\ Throttle Body Coolant Bypass \\ Corksport Injector Seals \\ Greddy Type FV BPV \\

Tuning:
\\Cobb AP V3\\ Stratified Stage 3 E30 Mix S-OTS \\

Suspension/Brakes:
\\ BC Racing BR Type Coilovers \\ StopTech Street Pads F&R \\ Centric Drilled & Slotted Rotors \\ OZ Alleggerita Wheels 18x8 et48 \\
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #23

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why not just go dealer? No headache, just put the money down and take care of your car. If you want cheap dealer parts buy a tiburon
 Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #24

flapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to beholdflapjack is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
Why not just go dealer? No headache, just put the money down and take care of your car. If you want cheap dealer parts buy a tiburon
OEM O-rings are $16.50 per and the Fel-Pros are $7 for a set of 4...

Cost is the main factor here but I still highly recommend OEM parts.

Engine:
\\ JBR Solid RMM \\ AWR PMM \\ TRZ TMM \\ JBR PCV OCC \\ COBB SRI & TIP \\ CPE 3.25" TMIC \\ TurboXS 3" Catless DP \\ 3" Resonated Midpipe Back \\ Autotech HPFP Internals \\ Ford Transit Van Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter \\ Full EGR Delete \\ Throttle Body Coolant Bypass \\ Corksport Injector Seals \\ Greddy Type FV BPV \\

Tuning:
\\Cobb AP V3\\ Stratified Stage 3 E30 Mix S-OTS \\

Suspension/Brakes:
\\ BC Racing BR Type Coilovers \\ StopTech Street Pads F&R \\ Centric Drilled & Slotted Rotors \\ OZ Alleggerita Wheels 18x8 et48 \\
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #25

JohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the roughJohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the roughJohnnyTightlips is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Being cheap is not the issue, an o-ring costing an absurd amount of money is. I thought I might be missing something as these cars have been out for 11 years now and maybe someone has an alternative. Such as a complete rebuild set for like 15$ which most diesel DI vehicles have, was not sure if someone did a set like that for us. I will take a look at the other thread and just bite the bullet if need be. Thanks
JohnnyTightlips is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought all new o-rings/grommets when I swapped injectors. Stupid expensive, as it's been pointed out, but now I know it's good to go for many more miles using OEM quality parts/materials. I won't ever have to replace them again unless they tear or break.
sharksinspace likes this.

Other rides:
History:
 Old 06-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #27

Sansbacon is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
OEM O-rings are $16.50 per and the Fel-Pros are $7 for a set of 4...

Cost is the main factor here but I still highly recommend OEM parts.
It sounds like you're all oem but I'm curious if anyone on here has used the fel-pros and how many miles you've gotten so far?
Sansbacon is offline   Reply With Quote