register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #441
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,699 Times in 5,864 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
I no haz spare head lol

I think the key for the toyota seal being useful is to torque it a little extra (like a max of 25 ft-lbs as DJ said) to ensure all 4 have crushed as much as it can like you showed in your tests.
I meant grab extra seals and see how much they all crush at whatever torque value. Torque readings can be thrown off by something as simple as dirty threads. If you install a set, pull them and measure, you can see what's going to happen on each cylinder. From there it's fairly simple troubleshooting as to why they don't crush evenly.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Fail_6 (03-27-2014), ms3blackmica (12-11-2012)
 Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #442
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,304 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phate View Post
I meant grab extra seals and see how much they all crush at whatever torque value. Torque readings can be thrown off by something as simple as dirty threads. If you install a set, pull them and measure, you can see what's going to happen on each cylinder. From there it's fairly simple troubleshooting as to why they don't crush evenly.
You are a smart man.

Good thinking!
 Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #443

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i found out i had leaking seals (oem) b/c i was getting knock
 Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #444

LatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the worldLatinKraze is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Found the seals for $1.50 @ TRD Sparks Toyota Parts & Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion

Shipping is more than four seals but it gets shipped to your door and it's convenient for people like me who can't get to the stealership. Great for the NATOR guys that can get them shipped for the whole chapter for one shipping fee.
 Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #445
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, beware this is going to be a somewhat half ass post because I did this testing ~3 months ago and didn't write down initial measurements. Not that they are terribly important, because we have decent comparative values. [I did go out to the garage and get readings of 1.620-1.630mm on a new injector seal, though.]

Anyway, the setup: I wanted to see just how much these Toyota seals crushed at different torque levels with the stock crows feet and stock bolts. I used ARP Ultra Torque on the threads and the friction point where the bolt head meets the foot, and where the foot meets the head and injector. Minimum friction, lol.

I did three tests, each with 3 different seals in each test (9 seals used).

1) torque to 15lb-ft, measure. Retorque to 20lb-ft, measure. Retorque to 25lb-ft, measure.
2) torque to 20lb-ft, measure. Retorque to 25lb-ft, measure.
3) Torque to 25lb-ft, measure.

Crush results (Excel workbook also attached):

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...sh_Testing.jpg
^^Units in mm^^ "Seal #x " should actually read "Test #x "

So, as you can see, at 15lb-ft, there was still room to crush them some more. They didn't crush much beyond 20lb-ft, so I don't think it's worth going with the higher torque value. The OE torque spec of ~17lb-ft is probably a safe bet, really. The seals don't seem to be reusable, as they crush inward and pinch the injector tip.

Note: The minimum and maximum are the from height measurements around the seal. A brand new seal I just measured displayed a similar variance between min and max - 1.620 minimum and 1.630 maximum. A similar variance to the crushed min/max values. I didn't notice any correlation between the orientation of the seal compared to the crows foot, it seemed to be random with each seal.

I just thought of a simple way to check the "max" crush we would be able to get out of the crows foot. They make plastigauge that reads in the .030-.070" range, which is what we're dealing with. I think I'll set it up without a seal and crank it down at different torque ranges similar to what I did above. That way we'll see if there's still movement left in the crows foot to increase clamping force on the injector, itself.

If there's still movement left, I think we can assume the extra torque on the bolt would increase clamping force. Sound reasonable?
Soooooo, I did the "max crush" testing and came up with very similar values to what my Toyota seals crushed to. I also tested my actual head for my new engine with a set of injector seals to see if any were off like Dano's and ms3blackmica's. They all crushed pretty evenly, so I'm hopeful (I'll post that in my build thread for future reference).

It's in one of these two threads we were talking about it. Can't find it in this one...

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
impossible (05-23-2016), LatinKraze (01-16-2013), ms3blackmica (01-16-2013)
 Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #446

dgiannitakis is a glorious beacon of lightdgiannitakis is a glorious beacon of lightdgiannitakis is a glorious beacon of lightdgiannitakis is a glorious beacon of lightdgiannitakis is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am expecting cp-e injector seals delivery next week...
 Old 06-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #447

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,196 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 324
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dgiannitakis View Post
I am expecting cp-e injector seals delivery next week...
...cool story.
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mizzle For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (06-21-2013)
 Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #448
Eth Fiend

Not Ranked  0 score     

Since we had two threads by Paveltol, with the exact same name, started at the exact same time...I added a version to the thread title. I couldn't, for the longest time, figure out why I couldn't find some info again...and it's because there were two threads with the same name. Please no one ever do something like that again.

This thread is version "B"

Over here is version "A": Injector seals solution. Version A

They both have great information, and are way too long to merge.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Mizzle (03-31-2014), Nliiitend1 (03-29-2014)
 Old 02-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #449

TECH2EIGHT can only hope to improve
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just bought mine at kendall Toyota ill have em on Saturday. 3 bucks a pop,,, I can deal with that...installing them same day!!

Anyone in Oregon area? would like to a help a essay
out installing seals?

"Peasant Gang" & "Always content never satisfied" slapper sticker available. check them out. On my buddy IG page(tiffany blue STI) @PeasantGang

Last edited by TECH2EIGHT; 02-26-2015 at 11:35 PM.
TECH2EIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #450

JB11SPEED3 is just really niceJB11SPEED3 is just really niceJB11SPEED3 is just really niceJB11SPEED3 is just really niceJB11SPEED3 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has any one side the HPFPupgrade.com stud kits they come with washer so no cutting the torx bolts an it's only 39.95
JB11SPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #451

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,234 Posts
Groans: 111
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good afternoon, you landed on planet Earth. Now go back to where you came from.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #452

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JB11SPEED3 View Post
Has any one side the HPFPupgrade.com stud kits they come with washer so no cutting the torx bolts an it's only 39.95
their stud kits are fine.
 Old 09-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #453

Snotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the worldSnotrocket is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,073 Times in 329 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

25 lbs of boost. 20,000km. Torqued to the specs on here. They just don't hold up :/

2010 MS3 Black
395whp/386wtq
| Molnar Rods | CP-e Stage 2 Pistons | Much Head Work | ATP GTX3076 | Tial 38mm EWG | HTP 4 Inch Intake | BSD | Passenger and Rear MM | Denso ITV22's | OCC | Ultimate Racing TBE | Tredstone TR8C FMIC | Tial BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed ECBS 3 port | Te37 Volks| 245/45/17 Dunlop zzi tires| Cobb AP Self Street Tuned | Sonic Tuning Coilovers | Stoptech breaks and slotted roters
Snotrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snotrocket For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (09-18-2015), phate (09-16-2015)
 Old 09-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #454

sh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the world
Groans: 45
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed cause interesting.
Cobb AP // Cobb EBCS // Cobb Downpipe // Cobb RMM // JBR Tru 3.5'' Intake // JBR TMM // JBR PMM // JBR RSB // CP-E Cat Back // NGK One step colder plugs // GT 3071r // Azenis 615k // Bilstein PSS B14 Coilovers // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Bully Stage 4 Clutch // Damon EGR Delete // Autotech HPFP // AEM V1 Meth Kit 50/50 // Freektuned 94 Oct
sh4d0w is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #455

BuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Snotrocket View Post

25 lbs of boost. 20,000km. Torqued to the specs on here. They just don't hold up :/
Is this with OEM seals or Toyota seals?
- 2009 Speed 3 - Clocked BNR S4 v2 - Corksport 3.5" Intake - Cobb 3 Port Bcs - Cobb AP V2 - Guardian Angel V3 - Tr8 Fmic w/ Jbr Under Route Piping - Jbr Raiders Air Damn w/ Custom Radiator Side Ducting - Cpe Catless Dp - Cnt Catback - Cobb Xle Bpv - Corksport IM - Full Race EM - Cobb Shift Knob - Autotech Internals - Corksport HP Fuel Line - Gen 2 VC w/ Sp63 Oil Breather Cap - DM PCV Plate w/ Dual Vented Catch Cans - Jbr 88a Rmm - 88a Tmm - 80a Pmm - Corksport Injector Seals - Ngk 1 Step colder Plugs - Koni Yellow Shocks - Eibach Springs - 94 Octane w/ 2 Gallons of In Tank Methanol - Sp63 6th Port Kit (tune in progress)
BuddySpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #456

sh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the worldsh4d0w is the leader of the world
Groans: 45
Not Ranked  0 score     

You have to assume it's the yota seals cause he says "torqued to specs posted here" "They just don't hold up". I think earlier in the thread he even mentions installing them.

I have been running 26 psi for 10,000k. No issues on Toyota seals.

Yea he was.
Cobb AP // Cobb EBCS // Cobb Downpipe // Cobb RMM // JBR Tru 3.5'' Intake // JBR TMM // JBR PMM // JBR RSB // CP-E Cat Back // NGK One step colder plugs // GT 3071r // Azenis 615k // Bilstein PSS B14 Coilovers // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Bully Stage 4 Clutch // Damon EGR Delete // Autotech HPFP // AEM V1 Meth Kit 50/50 // Freektuned 94 Oct

Last edited by sh4d0w; 01-19-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
sh4d0w is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #457

BuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond reputeBuddySpeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
You have to assume it's the yota seals cause he says "torqued to specs posted here" "They just don't hold up". I think earlier in the thread he even mentions installing them.

I have been running 26 psi for 10,000k. No issues on Toyota seals.

Yea he was.
Awesome! yeah I figured. I just hope the Toyota seals are better than the oem seals. but who knows. If they are it would be a cheap alternative for people not looking for excessive power.

You said 26 psi...How much power are u making and are u running e85/methanol? the reason I ask is cause someone on here said he's still running OEM seals with 400 hp. He said that it may be due to the fact that since day 1, he's been running e85/meth which keeps knock at bay. I wonder if knock is the cause for the seals failing to begin with from the sudden pressure spike that it creates.

EDIT : woops 26 psi quoted to snotrocket my bad.
- 2009 Speed 3 - Clocked BNR S4 v2 - Corksport 3.5" Intake - Cobb 3 Port Bcs - Cobb AP V2 - Guardian Angel V3 - Tr8 Fmic w/ Jbr Under Route Piping - Jbr Raiders Air Damn w/ Custom Radiator Side Ducting - Cpe Catless Dp - Cnt Catback - Cobb Xle Bpv - Corksport IM - Full Race EM - Cobb Shift Knob - Autotech Internals - Corksport HP Fuel Line - Gen 2 VC w/ Sp63 Oil Breather Cap - DM PCV Plate w/ Dual Vented Catch Cans - Jbr 88a Rmm - 88a Tmm - 80a Pmm - Corksport Injector Seals - Ngk 1 Step colder Plugs - Koni Yellow Shocks - Eibach Springs - 94 Octane w/ 2 Gallons of In Tank Methanol - Sp63 6th Port Kit (tune in progress)

Last edited by BuddySpeed3; 01-20-2016 at 01:22 PM.
BuddySpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #458

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,853 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I blew through PTP seals, then through the Toyota seals, and I just installed CorkSport seals. In the unfortunate case they last similar as the Toyota seals (~1.5 years) I will be switching back to Toyota seals, can't beat the price.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
impossible (05-23-2016)
 Old 03-31-2016, 04:08 PM   #459

racersir is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm installing the Toyota seals tomorrow. What is the consensus torque specs 25lb? Also I was planning on using the same o- rings that go to the rail the blue ones since I don't have them available locally. Do you guys replaced the blue o-rings also? Thanks
racersir is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #460

muffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the worldmuffhugger is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my Toyota seals last week. Can't wait to test them out.
muffhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2016, 05:27 AM   #461
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,387 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
I blew through PTP seals, then through the Toyota seals, and I just installed CorkSport seals. In the unfortunate case they last similar as the Toyota seals (~1.5 years) I will be switching back to Toyota seals, can't beat the price.
They're gonna last you longer than that.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (04-02-2016), MS3Shadow (04-03-2016)
 Old 04-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #462

leo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond reputeleo766 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 11
Groaned at 93 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Did you use the stock bolts/washers on the seals that failed or no? I wanted to ask both Code Monkey and Snot Rocket? Since it would seem plasuible that you either need new hardware(like the cp-e kit), or modify the stock studs, or have cupped crushing seals like corksport to apply full seating force, and i could see how relying on a surface as small as the toyota seals on one side and the stock torx bolts and cupped washers could create a seal almost as unerliable as the stock one in some cases?

*i dont know nuthing tho, just wanted to ask and propose a theory, but for all i know you guys did it all and they still failed on ya, i have had a set sitting a few months and i have been wondering if I should try and throw em on, or save and get the CS or CPE ones*
Turbine Tech: Extra front motor mount, both diff mounts +bushings
EGR Delete, mini 0803 Dash cam, Prosport Boost guage. Dash Hawk,
AWR: Trans mount with 88 duro bushings, End links front/rear(removed due to them being total garbage and got some moog stock ones for all around on rockauto.
17x7 Kosei K1 TS 15lb rims, goodyear 225/50r17 all season performance tires and RPM springs
Waiting to install: SPC Ball Joints, SS clutch line, lower engine mount bracket local car shop damaged during clutch install and thermal TB gasket and coolant inline plumbing line that can be turned on and off on demand
leo766 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #463

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,853 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

With the PTP seals, I used their studs and bolts, switched back to stock torx for Toyota and CorkSport.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #464

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just ordered 2 sets from my local Yotaship. $2.10ea. Plenty at warehouse. It's Saturday, so I won't have them until Tuesday. Good to know there's no more shortages like 4 years ago.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fcse.google.com%2Fcse%3Fcx%3 D007197676933930921148%3Apwlh1e31oxu%23gsc.tab%3D0
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/injector-seals-solution-version-b-119326/
Posted By For Type Date
100% DI Failure with Nurburgring rentals - Page 6 - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB This thread Refback 07-08-2013 05:54 AM
I just did my injector seal. Mine are dirtier than yours! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 08-04-2012 01:09 PM