register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #1

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,089 Times in 1,596 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default its meth time (soon)

i will keep this short and sweet.

i have a gt3076r

i have a DO stage 2 with progressive controller

I have a 150psi pump mounted in drivers side front fendor

i have 2.5 gal tank in trunk

i have a d10 and a d05 nozzle

I am drilling and tapping my ic pipe in front of the tb

I just want to confirm that i should be using the d10 nozzle.

Also, i will be running of maf and not map so what are some good start/full spray g/s to work with

i was either going to be running 50/50 or 70/30 meth/water mix so how should i go about tuning with this in atr. do i need to change my target a/f or should it be ok?
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TWOptSL0W For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (10-21-2011)
 Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #2

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,088 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1. You'll be flowing enough air to warrant running the D10.
2. Do some Mass Airflow datalogs of you just driving around normally. Then, set your start spray above daily driving airflow values.
3. The mix depends on what your goals are. Don't lean out the mixture to compensate for the richer fuel delivery. This is a safety net incase your system stops spraying one day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
LiEast (03-17-2012), rfinkle2 (10-21-2011)
 Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #3

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how much should my a/f be affected. should i maybe run 12:1
 Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #4

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

It really depends on:
- Nozzle size
- Spray onset
- Spray ramp up
- Meth mix

It could be .3 -1 in the lower RPMs then taper off to no measureable change in AFRs by redline.

The AFR target depends on what octane fuel you are running. What do you fill it up with? Also, it is best to start off conservative with your fueling then gradually lean it out. Once you are done leaning out the mixture, then add meth.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (10-21-2011)
 Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i only put in 93
 Old 09-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

How lean have you tuned to before? I say this because I feel its ill advised just to jump into any AFR that may be much leaner than you have ever run in the past putting your motor at risk. You generally sneak up on these things incrementally over a few map revisions.

I would go 11.5, 11.8 then 12.0 over a few maps holding every thing else constant and thoroughly reviewing the datalogs for any signs of KR. I would not go past 12.0 as it has been shown on dyno plots that anything leaner than 12.0 does not yield a power increase.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
super_pablo_ (10-22-2011)
 Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

right now i'm at 11.8. i don't plan on just making a map and hoping for the best. it takes me many revisions to make big increases because i like to play it safe. i was just wondering if i noticed it getting richer what would be a good target to aim for
 Old 09-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

If you control meth from the MAF and you set the ramp up properly, the change in AFRs will be negligible enough that you do not need to compensate in your fueling tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 09-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sounds like a plan thanks
 Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

finally tapped my cold pipe and have mostly everything ran. ive been crazy busy so its been taking longer than expected. i have a nice box made for my tank in the trunk that i need to cover with carpet and mount.

can i run 100% distilled water out of a d10 nozzle in the mean time while i get some meth? or is that too much water
 Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would run at least 50/50. That is alot of water flow.
 Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok ill have to get some meth then...not sure where to find it though
 Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

If you want something quick, grab some from home depot. It's called methyl hydrate. Not cheap tho. Your best bet is to buy it in greater volumes.

Methyl hydrate is the fancy name for meth.

EDIT: Mix it with distilled water btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 09-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #14

mason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whats the advantage of running controler off of MAF vs MAP?

im getting ready to hook up my stage 2 DO kit. but have been thinking about getting the DRV-30 controler ( not sure the name) the one that you run a direct boost source to it. i read its safer and better??
 Old 09-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well with a maf, youll run more proportionate to the amount of air that you have since 20psi wont be flowing the same amount of air everywhere but you can also flow a lot of air while not being in boost which you dont want meth for
mason (09-25-2011)
 Old 09-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #16

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TWOptSL0W View Post
ok ill have to get some meth then...not sure where to find it though
You can also buy yellow bottled HEET. (99% meth)

VP race fuels m1 should be sold locally to you also.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (09-25-2011)
 Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea that shit is expensive im not in that much of a rush. ill look around my area to see if i can get it in bulk. anyone know of a place in central jersey?

also, heres a peek at my tank in its box. im going to cover it with carpet and use wing nuts for the bolts so i can remove it easily if i need my spare
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0460.JPG (1.64 MB, 37 views)
LiEast (03-17-2012)
 Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #18

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

METHANOL... where to buy it - RX7Club.com

VP Racing Dealers, racing gas station
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
TWOptSL0W (09-25-2011)
 Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #19

evidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,389 Times in 281 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is that the 150psi pump that has the little allen wrench knob on the top? If so, you can crank those up to get more psi out of em. Keep in mind the d10 nozzle @ 200PSI flows ~14.14gph. If you flow is too heavy and your spraying too much water your going to actually loose power. You only need enough meth/water to get you to your boost/timing targets knock free, as its obviously not a power maker itself. Basically that nozzle is too large for your setup IMO, but if you do a meth heavy mixture no harm done as it's just more fuel (though as mentioned you start to get into the danger zone should meth fail as you lean out the DI fueling).

Maybe try to d05 (7gph @ 200psi) first if your going 50/50 and start upping things and see where you get? I don't see you needing above d07 (~10gph @ 200psi) with your setup. If you hit your targets on a smaller nozzle, great, no reason to waste meth and have to fill up 25% more often if it's not needed.

Even if it is the static 150psi pump, you'll be pumping ~30% more gph than the nozzles rating (as they are at 100psi) Either way, enjoy!
 Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

its a 150 pump and ill be running a 70/30 mix. i have a d10 and a d05, which imp was too small. i know the d10 is pretty big, but i think ill be ok. worst comes to worst, i wont have it spraying until later on
 Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #21
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,488 Times in 1,740 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Go for the DO10.

Find a VP distributor and by a 5 gallon jug.

Skip adding any water.
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cld12pk2go For This Useful Post:
kmac (10-11-2011), rfinkle2 (09-29-2011)
 Old 10-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea I'm looking for some 5 gal jugs but obv I haven't been in a huge rush for it lol one day....
 Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #23

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pm sent
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok how does this sound...d10 nozzle with 150psi pump 70/30 meth/water mix starting at 150g/s and full spray at 300g/s
 Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #25

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

e85 nigga
 Old 10-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

no stations within an hour radius of me
 Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #27
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok how does this sound...d10 nozzle with 150psi pump 70/30 meth/water mix starting at 150g/s and full spray at 300g/s
That should be a decent starting point.
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
 Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how will i know what i should adjust for? i know the lowest i can go is 110g/s because i will hit lower than that at regular driving, but what should i be aiming for with my spray?
 Old 10-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #29
Eth/Meth Junkie

Not Ranked  0 score     

how will i know what i should adjust for? i know the lowest i can go is 110g/s because i will hit lower than that at regular driving, but what should i be aiming for with my spray?
You want to activate high enough not to bog the motor and low enough to be spraying when under WOT conditions in decent boost.

As an example, I have mine activating around 80g/s with an M7 nozzle and 100% meth without any bogging issues, of course I have a progressive kit that is ramping up pressure with increased massflow.
rfinkle2 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to cld12pk2go For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (10-10-2011)
 Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yup....

Old 10-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

yup....

Did you order that fuel or pick some up?

I remember you saying that there wasn't a station close to you.
 Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i found a place 25 min away so i took a trip over. fuckin 42 with tax...my butt hurts
rfinkle2 (10-10-2011)
 Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #33

evidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the worldevidence is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i found a place 25 min away so i took a trip over. fuckin 42 with tax...my butt hurts
Check your local fuel distributors, they usually have 'generic' methonal, and as long as they have trucks dedicated to it your good to go. I get 5 gallons of 99% for $7.50 out here in Phoenix, which is the same purity VP promotes.
wankular (10-11-2011)
 Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont have a local fuel distributor lol im still looking for other options, but that price is the same as the vp per gallon anyway
 Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont have a local fuel distributor lol im still looking for other options, but that price is the same as the vp per gallon anyway
It's ~$1.50 a gallon.. $7.50 total for 5 gal. I'll bet if you can find a distributor it'll be similar pricing. As you know VP doesn't use lube, so worth looking.
 Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

o damn thats cheap, what company is it?
rfinkle2 (10-12-2011)
 Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

o damn thats cheap, what company is it?
western states petroleum
rfinkle2 (10-12-2011)
 Old 10-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #38

Matrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,882 Times in 735 Posts
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by evidence View Post
Check your local fuel distributors, they usually have 'generic' methonal, and as long as they have trucks dedicated to it your good to go. I get 5 gallons of 99% for $7.50 out here in Phoenix, which is the same purity VP promotes.
from wester states petrol? I'll have to pick me some up here next week when i get my car back. Looking forward to getting my DO kit installed. I might need your hand. I think i'm going to just use the washer fluid tank to start with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 MS3 Sport, gtx3071r, Full-Race Exhaust Manifold, SP PNP Intake Manifold, SP 88mm Pistons 9:5:1, Manley H Beam Rods, 10mm H11 Head Studs, ARP Main Studs, 4" HTP TIP + Small Battery Tray, 3 Bar MAP, Grimmspeed ECBS, CP-E FMIC, CP-E DP, CP-E Nexus CBE, Tokay Injector Seals, CP-E RMM, SU PMM, TRZ TMM, PTP FP Internals, DCR VVT, JBrone Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, HKS SSQV, ITV22, DIY Perm Plate with dual OCC, Corksport Radiator Shroud, Southbend Stage 3 Clutch, DO Stage 2 Meth D10, Evo X Wheels, 245/40-18 Nitto NT05, Koni Sports + H&R Springs **463whp/409lb-ft via Mustang Dyno as of 3/28/14**

**9/19/13** Zoom Zoom Boom ** Currently Rebuilding with goal of 475whp
**11/19/13** Forged engine built and started up the car for the first time, success!
**3/28/14** Dyno results from build 463whp / 409lb-ft Mustang Dyno
**6/24/15** Sold the Mazdaspeed 3
**7/4/15** Purchased 2015 F150 Ecoboost Lariat FX4 with Sport Package
Matrix311 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 AM   #39

Erich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the world
Thanked 91,339 Times in 2,955 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 28 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by evidence View Post
Damn, and I thought the $22 for 5 gallons I got was good (generic not VP.)
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #40

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so i'm still almost done hooking it all up. i just have to finish my meth box in the trunk and then solder some wires, but i was thinking more about my maf based tuning.

I know some people hydrolocked their motors (dj, @PapaSmurf ) because of some strange maf voltage at startup. it got me thinking and i think i am going to pick up one of these

Pressure switch

basically i will run that between the controller and the pump so that i can say only to allow current at like 3 psi. this way i dont have to worry about a switch and also, it should provide a little more safety....

edit: how about running the switch between the maf wire and the controller?

input?

Last edited by TWOptSL0W; 10-20-2011 at 05:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TWOptSL0W For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (10-21-2011), rfinkle2 (10-21-2011)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/its-meth-time-soon-90904/
Posted By For Type Date
Whats New/General Speed 6 Discussion - Page 65 This thread Refback 03-23-2012 08:43 AM