register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #41

PapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the worldPapaSmurf is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,233 Times in 4,775 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 61 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wouldnt run meth off the maf wire at all again, but thats just me.

Pick up a controller that has a boost source attached to it.
860whp/677wtq

2016 Ford F150, XLT, 4x4 Supercrew
2.7 V6 Ecoboost
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #42

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,088 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TWOptSL0W View Post
so i'm still almost done hooking it all up. i just have to finish my meth box in the trunk and then solder some wires, but i was thinking more about my maf based tuning.

I know some people hydrolocked their motors (dj, @PapaSmurf ) because of some strange maf voltage at startup. it got me thinking and i think i am going to pick up one of these

Pressure switch

basically i will run that between the controller and the pump so that i can say only to allow current at like 3 psi. this way i dont have to worry about a switch and also, it should provide a little more safety....

edit: how about running the switch between the maf wire and the controller?

input?
Ahh. That's a genius idea!

With the circuitry of the DO controller, you DO NOT want to run the switch between:
- The controller and the signal (maf or map; doesn't matter) wire - Doing so will cause the controller to spray meth (because of the "pull up" nature of the circuitry) with the break in the signal wire connection.
- The controller and the power wire - Doing so will cause the controller to draw current from the MAF wire and the engine will run like shit. Ask me how I know. Haha.

I outlined these issues in my writeup on the How To section.

This is all because of the way the DO controller is built. I got rid of mine (stopped using it) and it'll never see my car again because of the above conditions. That controller can really goof your engine as noted by @PapaSmurf.

I would recommend running the pressure switch between the controller and the pump wire that activates the pump. That way, if the controller goes whack, you won't spray meth even if it tries to (idle, cruising etc).

On another note, I picked up the Snow Performance VC-25/MAF controller. It doesn't have the weird characteristics of the DO controller (outlined above) as I tried exhaustively on another person's car to get things to muff up. I highly recommend that controller especially for the progressive control from the MAF coupled with the pressure switch between the controller and the pump.

I'm going to incorporate this into my meth setup.

Genius!

I want to hug you, man. Seriously.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueStreak For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (10-21-2011)
 Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #43

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,089 Times in 1,596 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Ahh. That's a genius idea!

With the circuitry of the DO controller, you DO NOT want to run the switch between:
- The controller and the signal (maf or map; doesn't matter) wire - Doing so will cause the controller to spray meth (because of the "pull up" nature of the circuitry) with the break in the signal wire connection.
- The controller and the power wire - Doing so will cause the controller to draw current from the MAF wire and the engine will run like shit. Ask me how I know. Haha.

I outlined these issues in my writeup on the How To section.

This is all because of the way the DO controller is built. I got rid of mine (stopped using it) and it'll never see my car again because of the above conditions. That controller can really goof your engine as noted by @PapaSmurf.

I would recommend running the pressure switch between the controller and the pump wire that activates the pump. That way, if the controller goes whack, you won't spray meth even if it tries to (idle, cruising etc).

On another note, I picked up the Snow Performance VC-25/MAF controller. It doesn't have the weird characteristics of the DO controller (outlined above) as I tried exhaustively on another person's car to get things to muff up. I highly recommend that controller especially for the progressive control from the MAF coupled with the pressure switch between the controller and the pump.

I'm going to incorporate this into my meth setup.

Genius!

I want to hug you, man. Seriously.

Ok I was originally going to run it between the pump and controller and someone said something to me about the pump doing something at startup. Do you know if it is supposed to activate or something at startup? That doesn't make sense to me but then again I don't have he kit running yet
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #44

BlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the worldBlueStreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I remember the DO controller flashing the pump light every time I started the car. If I'm not mistaken, the number of flashes just indicates what controller you have. For example, 3 flashes means you have the 2.5 bar controller, 4 flashes means you have the 3 bar etc. it's in the manual somewhere.

Between the pump and controller is your best bet. Hands down.

I ordered the exact switch you linked to and it shipped already :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 10-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #45

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so cutting off power wont do anything bad then?...i also ordered a few
 Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

It will if you cut power to the meth system (no matter where) and the tune is dependent on it and decide to go WOT.

You just have to ensure the switches are working as intended when intended.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #47

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

then ill do my original idea between the controller and pump
The Following User Says Thank You to TWOptSL0W For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (10-21-2011)
 Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #48

Dust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why not between the pump and body (old controller), or pump and battery (new controller)?

BlueStreak 2 flashes for 2 bar, 3 for 3 bar and 2 slow and 2 fast for 2.5 bar. Still have the DO controller? I killed mine trying to get something figured out. (random coming on with the remote start)
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #49

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep, that works too. As long as you break the circuit at the pump. Its your best bet to mount that switch.

I have the DO controller but I switched to Snow. The DO will gather dust now unless it sells.
 Old 10-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #50

Dust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the worldDust is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much water meth were you guys flowing to get hydrolock? Mine went full with an M2 on a 660cc engine and kept running.
 Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #51

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

worked a little more on my setup today, i wanted to secure my tank a little more in the trunk. I used some velcro inside of the box for the tank and then i secured the box itself to the "floor" of the trunk. i sliced it evenly and attached the box permanently to the small portion of the floor while still allowing me to open the other side to get to my spare. here are some pics

Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

Asking out of ignorance, are there no OEM Washer fluid tank upgrades from other countries?
 Old 10-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #53

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how do you upgrade a washer fluid tank? is that like blinker fluid?
 Old 10-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know if you can, but I know that the VW TDIs usually come with a 3L tank, and a 5.5L is available for those that came with headlight washers. Fits in the same place, but almost doubles the capacity.
 Old 10-23-2011, 05:03 AM   #55

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dust View Post
I don't know if you can, but I know that the VW TDIs usually come with a 3L tank, and a 5.5L is available for those that came with headlight washers. Fits in the same place, but almost doubles the capacity.
No there is nothing available for that. If someone wants that much
Meth (or washer fluid) they just add a secondary tank
 Old 10-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #56

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so i just called chance and he says that if you cut power form the pump to the controller, the controller will throw a code and it can even damage that...so scratch that idea

@BlueStreak
The Following User Says Thank You to TWOptSL0W For This Useful Post:
BlueStreak (10-26-2011)
 Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm... Interesting.

I'm going to give Snow Performance a call tomorrow to see if I'll have the same issue.
 Old 10-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #58

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm... I've been thinking. Theoretically, it still shouldn't be a problem for you.

If you set the boost switch to complete the circuit as soon as possible (in this case, 2PSI), the circuit should be ready to pass the pump signal far before the controller would be ready to spray (.5 seconds maybe? still enough). I wouldn't start spraying before 80g/s with preference around the 100g/s mark (voltage equivalent).

And, if the controller is trying to spray and the boost switch it working properly. Then count yourself lucky the controller is gone and not your motor.
 Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #59

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes, butttt the controller needs to "see" that the pump is there at all time. maybe it sends a small signal at all time and if ti cant find a ground, it throws a code or something. this is all coming directly from the mouth of the manufacturer so i'm going to trust him
 Old 10-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah. How about rigging an LED (or something that draws current) from the boost switch below 2PSI and then pump above 2 PSI?

The switch you ordered can pass current from a "normally on" and "normally off" state so it should satisfy the requirements of the DO controller.

I'm speaking theoretically here. If I have to do the same with my Snow unit, I'm going to give that a shot.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #61

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmm not a bad idea actually ill have to think about it
 Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #62

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

took my first hit of meth today. my a/f goes into the 9's when it kicks in lol because it almost instantly goes to full blast when i hit it. i need a bigger maf housing to spread out all the voltage for the controller
 Old 11-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

I meant to reply to this much earlier.

Generally, you have a 1 volt range to spread the ramp up from start (100g/s or so) to full (max g/s achieved by your turbo/boost setup). It's plenty enough to spread out. You just have to be very very diligent with the adjustments as a .1v change in the start/full spray setting can be a huge difference.

P.S. I'm running the boost switch at the pump that you bought. Works like a charm!
 Old 11-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #64

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update: I wasn't seeing a decrease in temp like I should so I did some checking and it was spraying and it looked like my solenoid was leaking I checked the connectors and they were like hand tight. Took them out and put some red locktite and tightened them. Did a pull yesterday and bats dropped like 30-40*! But then I did another pull and didn't see a change so I dunno wtf to think right now

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/its-meth-time-soon-90904/
Posted By For Type Date
Whats New/General Speed 6 Discussion - Page 65 This thread Refback 03-23-2012 08:43 AM