register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree40Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-27-2019, 11:06 PM   #121

bimbybugz can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SilverDemon View Post
It has been a while since the last update. I have completed the install, and have driven about 100 miles and went wide open about 6 times with this. For a base line rich map in the AIC, this is one nice set up. I should have done this before ever installing the meth injection. Although water/meth has its place in a turbo application, this is a far superior fuel delivery system.

I installed the FPR behind the small battery box I fabbed a while back, the bracket it is bolted to is actually the stock mount for the OEM battery box. I only have a mechanical gauge to set base pressure right now, my next step is to install an actual in cabin pressure gauge so I can keep tabs on the fueling. I have a boost pressure switch installed on the pre-I/C side of the piping to pull in the fuel pump relay. I put it pre I/C because that pipe will see the boost before the intake manifold will, in turn activating the pump with enough time to pressurize the system. I also installed an LED in the dash on the output side of the relay just to let me keep tabs on the pump circuit. The boost switch is made by Design Flex, it is a very robust high quality switch with a 10 million cycle life, and it can be end user adjustable. It has a burst pressure of 300psi and can be set to engage from 1 - 25psi.

Fabbing up the bracket for the cell. I used the mount for the spare tire and built a battery box type clamping device to hold the cell in place. I used all 1/8" angle and lined it with a rubber gasket to keep everything isolated from vibrations.

Built a false floor and a simple wooden box around the exposed fuel cell. Not sure if I like this, I might end up forming up some aluminum sheet metal and then covering it with carpet, but it will do for now

Dropped the lines to bulk head fittings through the trunk floor, added a fuel filter. By using the bulk head fittings it keeps the lines tucked up close to the under body.

The filter breather on the vent line.

One thing I found out the hard way is the lines that run inside the hatch area has to be ran with Teflon core hose. I ran them first with standard Aeromotive -6, this will permeate the fumes from the fuel, not good when the car sits for a few hours. I have since swapped out the lines with the correct ones after these pics were taken.

For tuning right now, I pulled 3° of timing out of the ignition tables until I get the AFR's ironed out with the PI. I am also running pump gas in the cell right now until I make sure everything is right with the system. I am going to the speed shop this week to pick up some 112 octane and I will slowly bring the tuning back up to where it was with the 1100cc's of meth...LOL!!
Hey man, awesome write up. Do you mind sharing how you did the routing for the hose? I have mine setup like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190222_095300.jpg (3.48 MB, 8 views)
bimbybugz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to bimbybugz For This Un-useful Post:
Jeff23spl (02-28-2019), Thor Hammer (03-01-2019), Tokay444 (03-03-2019)
 Old 02-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #122

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Please don't quote pictures especially when you try to revive a 6 year old thread.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote