register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree31Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #41

Jerd2189 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Figured out lean code, diameter of intake tubing I used is larger than factory so there was unmonitored air. Currently I have switched to a K&N intake short ram instead and it has been running better even though power band seems less responsive than my original intake.
Jerd2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #42

Jasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the worldJasbo is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shawn19 View Post
Sorry if this a stupid question but would a walboro 255 be enough fuel pump for full bolt-on through stage 2?
I see what your saying.. If the CDFP is having trouble keeping up, then your thinking its because the supply is dwindling? Perhaps the answer to that isnt about the feed rate to the CDFP as much as it is the amount of fuel the CDFP is taking in per cycle. In this case you wouldnt fix the high pressure problem without upgraded internals.
Jasbo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #43

Triz187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel Pump Failing!

Went to get Dyno'd at Cobb last week. Running stg 2 with Auto Tech internals. Tuner said my FP failed while tuning. He tuned for my intake before the pump gave out so he built me a baseline map and said for me to put the stock internals back in and to investigate the Autotech ones for scoring or defects. I went home took the pump appart and found the Autotech internals ok with No sign of scoring or damage. While I had the pump out I investigated the housing and found a four-digit number on the high pressure line out of the pump. After research I found that the number which was 7215 was the manufacturing date of that pump and there was a service bulletin online from mazda stating that any pump manufactured before march 2007 should be replaced. When opening the pump with the 18mm socket to reinstall the OEM internals the stainless steel cylinder where the piston comes through was loose enough that I didnt have to place the pump in a vice to unscrew the stainless steel cylinder.Went ahead and put the stock internals back in.This time I took my torque wrench and tightened the 18mm stainless steel cylinder to about 35lb/ft, to ensure it would unscrew. Now running that base map, I keep throwing P2187 over and over again. Does this mean I need to purchase a brand new pump. I do have they Autotech internals cleaned and ready to install again. Did my pump fail on the dyno becuase the stainless steel cylinder started to back it self out, or did it fail because it was a faulty pump assembly from the factory( new internals were installed) Knowledgable people please help as I dont want to have to spend 400$ on a brand new pump if I dont have too. I want me car to run good again so I can get it back on the dyno for a protune.
Triz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #44
Resident Baus

duappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the worldduappleganger is the leader of the world
Groans: 34
Groaned at 56 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didn't find a definitive answer. I understand that ~400 is good for idle and ~1750+ is good for WOT. I'm good on both those counts. I was cruising on the highway today and noticed my FP dropped to 280 while using cruise control and coasting down a hill at about 75mph. Is this acceptable? I've got autotech internals.

FREEKTUNE (On hold 'til EWG) ATP GTX3071R IWG (soon to be EWG) Full Race exhaust manifold CP-e whale peen + 3.25 in. intake
COBB EBCS + Downpipe + BPV + AP Stage 2 Corksport CBE + Brake Pads Ultimate FMIC NGK Iridium IX @ .28 DDM HID 6000k
Autotech CDFP Internals JBarone EGR delete, TB + IM gaskets, SSP + Shift Anchors, 88D RMM, 70D passenger + tranny mount, RSB, and OCC
HTP battery box TSW Nurburgrings 18x8.5 MBR w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235x40x18 +45 Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Installation TBD: H&R springs + Koni yellow shocks + struts

Last edited by duappleganger; 09-16-2012 at 09:52 PM.
duappleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #45

mhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond reputemhebert2001 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by duappleganger View Post
Hey sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didn't find a definitive answer. I understand that ~400 is good for idle and ~1750+ is good for WOT. I'm good on both those counts. I was cruising on the highway today and noticed my FP dropped to 280 while using cruise control and coasting down a hill at about 75mph. Is this acceptable? I've got autotech internals.
I seldom use cruse control, but I have seen mine drop down to the 200s during engine breaking. Not sure if that is good for both of us, or bad for both of us.

2013 MAZDASPEED3 Liquid Silver (Stock and not allowed to touch!)
mhebert2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #46

CamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the worldCamSpeed360 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,033 Times in 342 Posts
Groaned at 31 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine does the same. Of I can remember correctly, the desired pressure dropped that low too so it shouldn't be a problem. But I would ask someone else to confirm this.

JBR 3.5 Whale Penis Intake = Cobb V2/Treadstone FMIC = PTP HPFP internals
Snow Meth Injection, AIS 5GPH = TurboXS Downpipe/Racepipe = SSP-OCC
Road Magnet Springs = Bilstien B8 shocks = Cobb RSB = SURE RMM

Tuned by the FREEK
CamSpeed360 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #47
POWERED BY POLSKA

themytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

During coast/ engine braking the ecu cuts fuel, there is no demand for fuel so the commanded pressure most likely drops- I have not paid attention to my pressure while coasting, but I would not worry about it.
BNR S3---GS 3PORT---3bar map---COBB SRI & TIP---PG/GODSPEED FMIC ---DNP MANI--- CNT catted TBE--CP-E HPFP-- DIY P&P'd intake mani---SURE TIG(mani & tb)---DIY EGR delete---DIY VCTS delete--- DIY OCC/PCV reroute(through old egr port)---CP-E S2 RMM---JBR 80 PMM---TS BPV--- SURE ANCHORS---JBR shift weight---Whiteline RSB
25%E85FREEKPERMED
themytb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #48

agentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the worldagentgordon27 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I noticed the OP jumps straight to the importance of the CDFP upgrade, so is the in-tank not a limiting factor for bolt on performance? I'm guessing because it only has to flow into the single point to the high pressure pump vs. maintaining pressure to a rail and four injectors?
agentgordon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #49
POWERED BY POLSKA

themytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by agentgordon27 View Post
So I noticed the OP jumps straight to the importance of the CDFP upgrade, so is the in-tank not a limiting factor for bolt on performance? I'm guessing because it only has to flow into the single point to the high pressure pump vs. maintaining pressure to a rail and four injectors?
In tank flows plenty until you get into an extra injectors(s) situation. The stock(non upgradeable) injectors will hold you back before a properly working ITP, and this occurs a bit past the 400 whp mark(on ms3's)
BNR S3---GS 3PORT---3bar map---COBB SRI & TIP---PG/GODSPEED FMIC ---DNP MANI--- CNT catted TBE--CP-E HPFP-- DIY P&P'd intake mani---SURE TIG(mani & tb)---DIY EGR delete---DIY VCTS delete--- DIY OCC/PCV reroute(through old egr port)---CP-E S2 RMM---JBR 80 PMM---TS BPV--- SURE ANCHORS---JBR shift weight---Whiteline RSB
25%E85FREEKPERMED
themytb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #50

chimneybear has a spectacular aura aboutchimneybear has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got a K&N SRI on '11 speed3 and was planning for a FMIC. Was rather disturbed to find out that fp upgrade should be done FIRST as talked here. I am currently, however, logging 1650-1750 psi consistently on WOT, peaking at 1800-ish. Should I still prioritize fp upgrade if I were to do AP stage 1 for now?
Autotech upgraded fuel pump internals, K&N Typhoon SRI, Cobb Turbo inlet pipe, Cobb XLE BPV, NGK LTR7IX-11 1 step colder sparks, Cobb FMIC v2, JBR oil catch kit stage 2, ATP 3" catless upper down pipe, ATP 3" catless lower down pipe

Handling
CP-e engine mounts (rear, transmission, driver) 75A duro, JBR rear sway bar, Corksport coilovers, Corksport adjustable front camber plates, Megan adjustable rear toe arms, SPC adjustable rear camber arms, Goodyear Asymmetric 2 - 235/40/18

ECU
Cobb accessport v2 - self tuned
chimneybear is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #51

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chimneybear View Post
Got a K&N SRI on '11 speed3 and was planning for a FMIC. Was rather disturbed to find out that fp upgrade should be done FIRST as talked here. I am currently, however, logging 1650-1750 psi consistently on WOT, peaking at 1800-ish. Should I still prioritize fp upgrade if I were to do AP stage 1 for now?
the genpus are known kill a fp with anything more than an intake.
 Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #52

MSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud ofMSpeed3013 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by themytb View Post
During coast/ engine braking the ecu cuts fuel, there is no demand for fuel so the commanded pressure most likely drops- I have not paid attention to my pressure while coasting, but I would not worry about it.
Now, do you mean driving at a constant speed/rpm, when you say coast? If not, Is there an acceptable FP pressure while at "cruising speed"? Noticed a pressure drop while at crusing speed with cruise control on, and i was curious. I have AT internals installed.
JBR Recirc tube--CS TMIC--M2 Long catless DP--AT HPFP
TV-22 Plugs--TS BPV--Street Unit Boost Tubes ( I know I know)
DDM 6K HID's--Eibach Pro Kit
MSpeed3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #53

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,794 Times in 3,106 Posts
Groans: 423
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSpeed3013 View Post
Now, do you mean driving at a constant speed/rpm, when you say coast? If not, Is there an acceptable FP pressure while at "cruising speed"? Noticed a pressure drop while at crusing speed with cruise control on, and i was curious. I have AT internals installed.
light load fp (.3-.5 calc load) will fall somewhere between 1100-1300psi
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ
6.5" Lift | Armor | 33" Tires | Bumpers

1996 Jeep XJ
3.5" Lift | 31" GY Duratracs | Bumpers

1994 Miata
15x8's w/NT05's | KYB AGX | Hardog Roll Bar | 70D Engine Mounts
smoogs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #54

ANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,601 Times in 597 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 27 Times in 16 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

Hey guys. I didn't know where else to post this, but it may be worthy of its own thread depending on how it develops @Raider; I'll leave it to your discretion where this use of bandwith should go).

My buddy has a 2012 VW GLI (completely stock), which uses the same HPFP internals as our AutoTech upgrade. Last month, his fuel pump went to complete shit, sending the car into limp mode and requiring a completely new HPFP. Apparently many GLI owners are seeing fuel pressure issues (even without mods), though his is the only outright failure he's heard of. Now, it was his first forced induction car, and his first stick-shift, so it's possible (likely, even) that he was loading the engine at low RPM and fucked something up. I'll get more details from him if you guys think this is worth keeping an eye on.

TL;DR - Buddy's GLI (same HPFP as our upgraded internals) had catastrophic fuel pump failure just 4 months into ownership (10K miles already).

TIS

2012 Mazdaspeed3, CWP, Tech Package. COBB AccessPort V3, AUTOTECH HPFP Internals, JBR 3" Wide-path SRI+TIP, CP-E TMIC, UR 3" Test Pipe, CP-E Triton CBE, FORGE V2 BPV, DENSO ITV22 Plugs, JBR RMM 88a, JBR OCC, JBR RSB Kit, JBR Solid Shifter Bushings, CP-E Tow Plate, CorkSport ECU Relocation, TSW Nurburgring Bronze 18x7.5

alphasaur: "Fuck I just beat it to surprise tranny porn. Saw the dick right when I came fml"
ANITIX87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #55
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,012 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

not sure how that is needed here. Just means they need to get MS3's, and we need to steal their fuel pumps and swap internals. Sounds like they need our entire pump use autotechs, and done.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #56

qweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So which one is the best to install, have seen alot of issues here with the Autotech...anyone.
qweedqwag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #57

jseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the worldjseams is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,961 Times in 719 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by qweedqwag View Post
So which one is the best to install, have seen alot of issues here with the Autotech...anyone.
Autotechs are just the most popular, so there are more posts about them... and the vast majority of posters that have issues with them (other than squeek squeek squeek, which can be fixed and has been attributed to pressure spikes/release on cold startups) had issues because they didn't install them correctly.

I honestly can't recall a thread where a set of properly installed AT's failed - and I know several people that have been running them for tens of thousands of miles with no issues.

If you are concerned with installation you can always order a CP-e pump, but all you are getting is a stock pump with upgraded internals, although they do have a lifetime warranty; I've heard that some folks have had issues taking advantage of it.

Anyhow, AT and CP-e seem the most common today.
BLOWED UP DIB 2014 Mustang 5.0... a few mods
SOLD - LS 2012 MS3
Cobb AP//SF//CAB
Autotech HPFP
Corksport TMIC//BPV//TIP//BTbs
JBR 88a RMM
Sure M3 TP
OBX CBE
Tanabe NF210's
ADVAN RG-D 18x8 +38
Freektuned 50/50 E85
jseams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jseams For This Useful Post:
Rainmens (11-24-2012)
 Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #58

MS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey I just bought my Speed6 like 2 months ago and so far (that I know of) I have a F5 CAI, Cobb TIH, Cobb ap runing stage 1 with personal tune, Magnaflow CBE, ITV 22s, HKS SSQ rec, and I just got my downpipe. I don't know if I have HPFP internals or not. Using my AP my FP is staying between 1700 and 1800 at WOT. Does that sound normal or do you guys think I might have new internals? The temp where I'm at has been staying between 30* and 45* right now. I'm almost postive the previous owner had a downpipe because the turbo heat shield is gone so I'm aussuming I have internals. Thanks for any input.
06 MS6 GT W/NAVI Freektuned 411AWHP 397AWTQ W/3 gal E85, 93oct: 351AWHP 365AWTQ BNRs3, magnaflow CBE, eBay catless down pipe, CX-racing FMIC, Autotech internals, turbosmart dual port bpv, sure Full3 Aeros, grimmspeed 3 port EBC, ITV22, JBR EGR delete, JBR 80 TMM, JBR 80 PMM, SURE RMM, SURE Dreadnaught, CS short shift plate, 3 bar MAP w/PNP harness, block8head vent pod w/depot boost gauge, AP, ZZB...

06 MS6 GT W/NAVI CS stage II sri, JBR RMM, turbosmart dual port bpv, ultimate racing tp
MS6219 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #59

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@MS6219; sounds like you might.

Though it would probably be best to take the pump appart and have a look just to be sure.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #60

MS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond reputeMS6219 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya I've looked at the bolts to see if maybe there was any wear on them or anything but they look untouched or at least for a good amount of time of coarse the car is 6 almost 7 years old. Ya I just thought that was a decent amount of mods plus I'm pushing 17.5 with no knock and FP staying high. Thanks for your input!

smoogs12; How do you like your hankook V12s? I had a set on my Si and Hated them. lol
06 MS6 GT W/NAVI Freektuned 411AWHP 397AWTQ W/3 gal E85, 93oct: 351AWHP 365AWTQ BNRs3, magnaflow CBE, eBay catless down pipe, CX-racing FMIC, Autotech internals, turbosmart dual port bpv, sure Full3 Aeros, grimmspeed 3 port EBC, ITV22, JBR EGR delete, JBR 80 TMM, JBR 80 PMM, SURE RMM, SURE Dreadnaught, CS short shift plate, 3 bar MAP w/PNP harness, block8head vent pod w/depot boost gauge, AP, ZZB...

06 MS6 GT W/NAVI CS stage II sri, JBR RMM, turbosmart dual port bpv, ultimate racing tp

Last edited by MS6219; 11-24-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #61

Rainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the worldRainmens is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS6219 View Post
Hey I just bought my Speed6 like 2 months ago and so far (that I know of) I have a F5 CAI, Cobb TIH, Cobb ap runing stage 1 with personal tune, Magnaflow CBE, ITV 22s, HKS SSQ rec, and I just got my downpipe. I don't know if I have HPFP internals or not. Using my AP my FP is staying between 1700 and 1800 at WOT. Does that sound normal or do you guys think I might have new internals? The temp where I'm at has been staying between 30* and 45* right now. I'm almost postive the previous owner had a downpipe because the turbo heat shield is gone so I'm aussuming I have internals. Thanks for any input.
Those FP numbers aren't uncommon for stock internals, the only way to tell is to crack open the pump and take a look. Prior to installing the KMD's (do not purchase KMD btw) i was seeing 1700's.. the issue is there is really no warning signs of when (not if) they'll fail, they just do. And then well, zoom zoom.. you know the rest.
Cobb AP, Sure 3" Full3 Aeros Intake, Autotech Internals, M2 DP, 3" CP-E Single Exit (w/resonator), 3.25" ETS, PnP'ed IM w/VTCS removed, 1/16"Sure TIG spacer Synapse BPV, AWR 70 Duro RMM, JBR 70 Duro TMM, Denso 1-Step Colder Plugs, TWM Shifter Bushings, SM OCC, Custom Shift Knob, Custom Shifter Weight, SURE Shorcut, H&R Springs, Tenzo DC-6 Wheels
Rainmens is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #62

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS6219 View Post
Ya I've looked at the bolts to see if maybe there was any wear on them or anything but they look untouched or at least for a good amount of time of coarse the car is 6 almost 7 years old. Ya I just thought that was a decent amount of mods plus I'm pushing 17.5 with no knock and FP staying high. Thanks for your input!

smoogs12; How do you like your hankook V12s? I had a set on my Si and Hated them. lol
As far as the bolts being untouched, it could be a cpe pump. They do a full replacement as apposed to an internals swap, so there shouldn't really be much wear on the bolts.

The v12s are alright. Better than my winter setup anyways (nankang as1). I plan on switching to nt05's or nt555r's this coming summer. But lets save any further talk on that for another thread.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
 Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya I guess I better just open it up and take a look at it to be safe. Thanks alot everyone. Deff not going with KMD's. I've read alot of issues with them. Deff gonna go with Autotechs if I don't have internals. Sorry for going a bit off topic with the tires. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to MS6219 For This Useful Post:
smoogs12 (11-24-2012)
 Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #64

qweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the worldqweedqwag is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya open it up, there also might be some donation money in there for the site hmmmmm?
Hook it up.

Mike
qweedqwag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #65

loganshaun is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default HPFP Internals

I've noticed most people have gone with the autotech internals and seem to be happy with them. has anyone done the KMD Tuning - 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit? It has free shipping and cost a little less at 330. I'm ready to buy internals today just want to make sure I get the best ones for my money. So does anyone run any internals that are not autotech?
loganshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #66

DamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the worldDamagedGoods is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by loganshaun View Post
I've noticed most people have gone with the autotech internals and seem to be happy with them. has anyone done the KMD Tuning - 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit? It has free shipping and cost a little less at 330. I'm ready to buy internals today just want to make sure I get the best ones for my money. So does anyone run any internals that are not autotech?
Search and you shall receive all your answers

Tappin
 Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #67

Dizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the worldDizzy Turbo is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,039 Times in 850 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you guys know how much the internals rotate in the pump during operation?
Dizzy Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #68

doubleflusher has disabled reputation
Thanked 302,953 Times in 13,565 Posts
Groans: 1,443
Groaned at 329 Times in 304 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dizzy Turbo View Post
Do you guys know how much the internals rotate in the pump during operation?
No

Beanfab / Tuned by Nishan
doubleflusher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #69

jlobato is on a distinguished road
Not Ranked  0 score     
Smile

Hello, Mazdapeeps!!
jlobato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to jlobato For This Un-useful Post:
sidekick (02-11-2013)
 Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #70
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Javier, you should not waste your first post like this. Make a new thread.
 Old 01-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #71

BoostedWagon will become famous soon enoughBoostedWagon will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

My MS3 knowledge is shit, but if the HFFP goes out, wouldn't the car enter limp mode, prior to "engine going boom"? I know on my current car when my HFFP connection came loose, boost was unobtainable and anything past 3K was not happening either. Just curious if the MS3 does the same.
BoostedWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #72

Elvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 2 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

Originally Posted by BoostedWagon View Post
My MS3 knowledge is shit, but if the HFFP goes out, wouldn't the car enter limp mode, prior to "engine going boom"? I know on my current car when my HFFP connection came loose, boost was unobtainable and anything past 3K was not happening either. Just curious if the MS3 does the same.
My GTI used to do this. I don't think this at does

Elvisrosales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #73
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

You think that if it did, we would post this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Dizzy Turbo (01-30-2013), Mooseknuckler (07-31-2015)
 Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #74