register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree31Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #81

Menace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 98
Groaned at 40 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dizzy Turbo View Post
Doesn't the stock spring work fine? Not bashing, but why upgrade a working part, maybe I'm missing something.
That's what im trying to figure out. is this part okay for everyone including high hp cars or is it a fail waiting to happen. Or does the cpe spring provide an extra benefit through longevity or plunger rpm or w-e you wanna call it? it almost seems that one of these springs may result in better response or allowable plunger rate of speed. don't quote me. just lookin for gear head response you know.

2012 MS3 / Cobb AP/ JBR / STRATIFIED Stage 1 Tuned / Stock K04 / CPE HPFP / Maisonvi Heavy Shift Knob / JBR Powerpath Intake / JBR TIP / JBR BT / JBR BVH / JBR 88D RMM /
FOR NOW...
Menace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Menace1 For This Useful Post:
Dizzy Turbo (02-12-2013)
 Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #82

MS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the worldMS3LUKE is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 21 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so today i decided to datalog since ill be installing my fmic on friday. i dont have AP. but i do ave a snap-on solus ultra. It showed to be at 1725psi wot and dropped to 1580-1600 while shifting. wondering if these internals need to be replaced before actually installing the ic.
thANKS GUYS
MS3LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #83

mrdale90 has a spectacular aura aboutmrdale90 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ms3Luke, you should definitely consider replacing your internals before any further upgrades just from all the reading I've done you don't want the "zoom zoom boom effect".

My question is about boost. I replaced my internals yesterday, and I'm running a AP and Injen CAI but that's all and my fuel pressure is maxing out at 2100psi but my boost is only 14.7psi and the Max pressure for the map I'm running is supposed to be 16.5. I know its +/- 1.5psi, but should I be concerned about my internals if I'm not getting Max boost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mrdale90 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #84

treavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to beholdtreavis is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

Anyone had any experience with edgeautosport.com was thinjing about purchasing from the. Price Autotech internals are 350 shipped
treavis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to treavis For This Un-useful Post:
Raider (02-26-2013)
 Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #85
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,012 Times in 14,591 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

Originally Posted by treavis View Post
Anyone had any experience with edgeautosport.com was thinjing about purchasing from the. Price Autotech internals are 350 shipped
Never heard of them.

Seriously, new guy. I know It's tough, but you need to spend time reading. Shit man, check out their section up top. Yes, they are awesome. Just read more.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #86

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone here had problems installing AutoTechs? I have them in the pump already, but when I try to put the pump back in, It's extremely hard to get the pump close enough for the threads on the bolts to engage. Eventually I get 2 in and then the pump is so mis-aligned, I can't even get the 3rd to start threading. The stock pump seems like it would go back on no problem, and I'm not fighting nearly as much pressure trying to push the pump in. I'd really like to have a running car, so maybe someone can shed some light on what might be going on here.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #87

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,794 Times in 3,106 Posts
Groans: 423
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@sidekick; Pics?
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ
6.5" Lift | Armor | 33" Tires | Bumpers

1996 Jeep XJ
3.5" Lift | 31" GY Duratracs | Bumpers

1994 Miata
15x8's w/NT05's | KYB AGX | Hardog Roll Bar | 70D Engine Mounts
smoogs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #88

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by smoogs12 View Post
@sidekick; Pics?
Of what exactly? I've given up for now, I've been at this shit for way too long. Next time I give it a shot, I'll try to get whatever pictures.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #89

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,011 Times in 1,973 Posts
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like the cam shaft is in the way. You could try GENTLY bumping the starter to move it.
HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
GODspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #90

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GODspeed7 View Post
Sounds like the cam shaft is in the way. You could try GENTLY bumping the starter to move it.
My cam follower is stuck actually. Based on this thread:fuel pump install difficulty

I was having the exact same problem and my cam follower is in the exact same position as his, so I'm pretty sure that is the problem. Thanks for your help though

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #91
POWERED BY POLSKA

themytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the worldthemytb is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
My cam follower is stuck actually. Based on this thread:fuel pump install difficulty

I was having the exact same problem and my cam follower is in the exact same position as his, so I'm pretty sure that is the problem. Thanks for your help though
You did try rotating the crank (by hand) right? If the lobe its in the up position it will not let the follower drop down.
xavy713 likes this.
BNR S3---GS 3PORT---3bar map---COBB SRI & TIP---PG/GODSPEED FMIC ---DNP MANI--- CNT catted TBE--CP-E HPFP-- DIY P&P'd intake mani---SURE TIG(mani & tb)---DIY EGR delete---DIY VCTS delete--- DIY OCC/PCV reroute(through old egr port)---CP-E S2 RMM---JBR 80 PMM---TS BPV--- SURE ANCHORS---JBR shift weight---Whiteline RSB
25%E85FREEKPERMED
themytb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #92

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by themytb View Post
You did try rotating the crank (by hand) right? If the lobe its in the up position it will not let the follower drop down.
It was definitely stuck. I tried cranking the engine a few times, with no change. I used a rubber covered socket and a rubber mallet to knock it free. Everything went smooth as butter after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidekick For This Useful Post:
jseams (03-12-2013)
 Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #93

s_x_two is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

quick random question. i broke my in-tank fuel pump. should i go for an upgrade right away without the internals. and wich one would be better to get. walbro or deatsch wrecks
s_x_two is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #94

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by s_x_two View Post
quick random question. i broke my in-tank fuel pump. should i go for an upgrade right away without the internals. and wich one would be better to get. walbro or deatsch wrecks
How did you/do you know you broke the in tank pump?

Sent from my iBro 5 using tapatalk, Bro!
HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
 Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #95

Not Ranked  0 score     

well first i ran out of gas.. twice. the secound time my check engine light turned on. checked it out. computer showed that i had to lean fuel on idle and to rich when i flore it. thats how it was. my daily mpg droped by like 2 and at idle i would stal sometimes. this car was passed down to my by my older bro. he had internals installed. yesterday he took them out. put in the stalk one back in. no fuel going into the engine at all/ so engin just stal at start. what you think?
 Old 04-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #96

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by s_x_two View Post
well first i ran out of gas.. twice. the secound time my check engine light turned on. checked it out. computer showed that i had to lean fuel on idle and to rich when i flore it. thats how it was. my daily mpg droped by like 2 and at idle i would stal sometimes. this car was passed down to my by my older bro. he had internals installed. yesterday he took them out. put in the stalk one back in. no fuel going into the engine at all/ so engin just stal at start. what you think?
Dude your posts are REALLY hard to read. What kind of internals did your brother have in there? Are you sure you installed the stock ones correctly?

Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #97

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GODspeed7 View Post
Dude your posts are REALLY hard to read. What kind of internals did your brother have in there? Are you sure you installed the stock ones correctly?

sorry and yes. it aint hard to change it and the autoteck rod.

Last edited by s_x_two; 04-13-2013 at 12:38 AM.
 Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #98

Not Ranked  0 score     

my car was driving ok with the auto tech internal in the hpfp, bc it sends 50% more gas to the engine. but now with the stock internal in the hpfp, its not even going. not enough gas going into the engine. idk what it could be, my guess is the in-tank fuel pump broke. happened to a friend, on his civic though
 Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #99

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,196 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 324
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FYI:

Their prices are retarded, but APR is selling their 'ish direct now:

APR 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump

Pump: 1,099.99 -> SALE! $934.99
Kit: $649.99 -> SALE! $552.49

I'm too lazy to look - anyone using KMDv3 internals?
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #100

Madcaddies is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry guys I am a complete noob and probably spamming the forum with this question but I really need a peace of mind on this one The current owner of the Mazdaspeed 3 I am looking to buy is planning on fitting a intake SRI and a FMIC kit without any software upgrade. I have read on the forum that this is not a good idea to fit a FMIC kit without upgrading the internals of the HPFP and told the owner this but he says it is no problem? Is it me who is wrong on this one?

Thanks in advance guys
Madcaddies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #101
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You need them if a 2010+.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Madcaddies (04-14-2013)
 Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #102

Madcaddies is an unknown quantity at this point
Neutral  +1 score     

It is a 2007 first gen:-)
s_x_two likes this.
Madcaddies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #103

ANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,601 Times in 597 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 27 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi, guys. I have the opportunity to buy someone's upgrade fuel pump (installed AT internals and is now stocking out) for $250 in exchange for my OEM one. I'm one of the most paranoid people when it comes to my warranty, but I presume this is a safe bet as long as he's been maintaining pressure?

I've done some searching but can't find any consolidated threads on upgrade HPFP failures (which, I guess, is a good thing).

Have there been many failures of upgraded pumps or are they crazy reliable???

TIS

2012 Mazdaspeed3, CWP, Tech Package. COBB AccessPort V3, AUTOTECH HPFP Internals, JBR 3" Wide-path SRI+TIP, CP-E TMIC, UR 3" Test Pipe, CP-E Triton CBE, FORGE V2 BPV, DENSO ITV22 Plugs, JBR RMM 88a, JBR OCC, JBR RSB Kit, JBR Solid Shifter Bushings, CP-E Tow Plate, CorkSport ECU Relocation, TSW Nurburgring Bronze 18x7.5

alphasaur: "Fuck I just beat it to surprise tranny porn. Saw the dick right when I came fml"
ANITIX87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #104

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
Hi, guys. I have the opportunity to buy someone's upgrade fuel pump (installed AT internals and is now stocking out) for $250 in exchange for my OEM one. I'm one of the most paranoid people when it comes to my warranty, but I presume this is a safe bet as long as he's been maintaining pressure?

I've done some searching but can't find any consolidated threads on upgrade HPFP failures (which, I guess, is a good thing).

Have there been many failures of upgraded pumps or are they crazy reliable???

TIS
If he is maintaining pressure then you're good. Maybe ask for some recent data logs? Of course, he could fake those. But, i would probably prefer the swap of complete pumps over buying used internals and swapping them myself.
Menace1 (05-04-2013)
 Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #105

ANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the worldANITIX87 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,601 Times in 597 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 27 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jack_hammer View Post
But, i would probably prefer the swap of complete pumps
I trust him completely (know him personally) and he says (and has provided logs) that he maintains commanded pressure just fine. However, the pump (with warranty) that CP-E offers is so tempting, if only for peace of mind.

TIS

2012 Mazdaspeed3, CWP, Tech Package. COBB AccessPort V3, AUTOTECH HPFP Internals, JBR 3" Wide-path SRI+TIP, CP-E TMIC, UR 3" Test Pipe, CP-E Triton CBE, FORGE V2 BPV, DENSO ITV22 Plugs, JBR RMM 88a, JBR OCC, JBR RSB Kit, JBR Solid Shifter Bushings, CP-E Tow Plate, CorkSport ECU Relocation, TSW Nurburgring Bronze 18x7.5

alphasaur: "Fuck I just beat it to surprise tranny porn. Saw the dick right when I came fml"
ANITIX87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #106

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

then if yo uguys are buddies, if you have a warranty problem you could ask him to submit it to AT for you. but honestly, the risk comes at installation. once you're installed, up, and running, you're past the vast majority of potential pitfalls.
 Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #107

hyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Though a reference to APR exists in post #99 above, a search says there are no matches when searching for APR. Go figure...

I sold some Autotech internals for my GTI HPFP to a guy with an MS3 a while back. I later elected to purchase an APR pump for that car instead. I've sold the GTI and bought another MS3, and I'm wondering if there are any differences in the Hitachi pump (other than the fittings that is) for the VW application versus that for an MS3. If not, I don't see why the APR pump wouldn't be able to be installed onto the Mazda motor. Has anyone ever tried this?
subterrestrial likes this.
hyedracyl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #108

boatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond reputeboatis has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

just making sure but I don't need internals if all I have is a CBE right ... ?

Cobb AP V3 - JR TUNED - E85 - ST coilovers - CS hpfp internals - CS sri - CS tip - CS rsb - CS short shifter - CS shifter bushings - UR axle-back - ATP catless dowpipe - CP-E rmm - Denso ITV22

rice : Rally Armor mud flaps - Deep Red powder coated pu wheels - 20% tint
boatis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boatis For This Useful Post:
seeceejayrun (01-19-2015)
 Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #109
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

No. Just need to read more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Menace1 (05-04-2013), Micha (05-04-2013), seeceejayrun (01-19-2015)
 Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #110

Menace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the worldMenace1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hyedracyl View Post
Though a reference to APR exists in post #99 above, a search says there are no matches when searching for APR. Go figure...

I sold some Autotech internals for my GTI HPFP to a guy with an MS3 a while back. I later elected to purchase an APR pump for that car instead. I've sold the GTI and bought another MS3, and I'm wondering if there are any differences in the Hitachi pump (other than the fittings that is) for the VW application versus that for an MS3. If not, I don't see why the APR pump wouldn't be able to be installed onto the Mazda motor. Has anyone ever tried this?
CPE Pumps are APR pumps. Not sure on the vw design but internals should be the same.

And to add to my previous post. The CPE HPFP spring does make a difference and is different from stock. It allows the pump to out rev 1.5 times that of the stock spring on stock pump, as well as a stock pump with aftermarket internals. Now the upgraded internals design is what gives the pump higher pressures, resulting in some HPFP upgrades offering higher peak available pressure.

@themytb; I think we should add these specs to the OP for everyone. The proper peak pressure for each individual HPFP Internal and the difference in the CPE HPFP spring compared to stock.
I'm just going to leave these here as well.
http://www.corksport.com/blog/fuel-p...arison-part-1/
http://www.corksport.com/blog/fuel-p...arison-part-2/

2012 MS3 / Cobb AP/ JBR / STRATIFIED Stage 1 Tuned / Stock K04 / CPE HPFP / Maisonvi Heavy Shift Knob / JBR Powerpath Intake / JBR TIP / JBR BT / JBR BVH / JBR 88D RMM /
FOR NOW...
The Following User Says Thank You to Menace1 For This Useful Post:
hyedracyl (05-06-2013)
 Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #111

Reyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone know where I can buy parts for my fuel pump? I droped mine and bent the two aluminum lines, and I tried to straighten them to the best of my ability and put everything back on and it spits fuel out!!! I just need the aluminum lines.
Reyes_sdr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #112
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Post a wtb thread once you add city and state to your profile.
Reyes_sdr (05-05-2013)
 Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #113

ilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm going to install a CS SRI + TIP and flash Cobb AP stag 1 . Do you think that i will need a fuel pump upgrade ?
ilias is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #114
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes.

Start reading.
Menace1 (05-07-2013)
 Old 05-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #115

Reyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to beholdReyes_sdr is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didnt have any troubles with the fuel pump until I put a FMIC on... everything before that was CAI, TIH, TBE, iridium plugs, and access port. I put the fmic on and I got a fuel cut around 5500 rpms. Put the AT internals in and was fine... however it wouldnt pass smog so I put the stock internals back in and dropped the pump and bent the shit out of the aluminum lines and now im fucked untill I can find out where to buy external fuel pump parts

Reyes_sdr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #116

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude! Please! No stories of how you did what you did. The progress of modding these cars are and have been posted for a reason. It only confuses people about what they can do to there cars before problems. Some speeds are different, but the mod path is direct and should be taken no matter what BS you did and didn't blow up.
Raider likes this.

FOR NOW...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Menace1 For This Useful Post:
Raider (05-05-2013), robbspeed (10-31-2015), warlockfan92 (05-06-2013)
 Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #117

hyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond reputehyedracyl has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great info Menace1, I appreciate the tip. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to swap over the various external fittings to my APR pump, or to disassemble both pumps and move the APR internals over to the Mazda's housing. I thought that APR was machining the housings to match their improved internals, but the threads that you referenced didn't seem to indicate that the internals had been matched to the housing. Any other words of wisdom for me? Thanks in advance!
hyedracyl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #118

shadow6 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have a quick question. is there a way to tell if you have upgraded fuel pump internals with out taking off the fuel pump by the pressure? or do I have to take it apart?
shadow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #119

Etipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,717 Times in 781 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Check for zip tie on hard line if not then I doubt it.

I also do diesel gear swaps hit me up for more info.
Etipp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #120

ilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the worldilias is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well i'm going to try CS SRI + TIP and run AP Stage1+CS+TIH 93 (the map is for stock fuel pump)COBB Tuning - MAZDASPEED Accessport
,if i got any fuel pressure problems i will change it to CPE hpfp.
ilias is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/official-hpfp-camshaft-driven-fuel-pump-fuel-105248/
Posted By For Type Date
Hopefully Boomba releases this aux fuel option soon - Page 3 This thread Refback 11-06-2015 06:37 AM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! This thread Refback 09-05-2015 11:00 AM
Got some new car parts for my 2007 Speed 3! Cobb Accessport V3 and a Corksport Test Pipe : mazda This thread Refback 11-10-2014 08:14 PM
Convert any HDMI video input to ATSC tunable 8VSB outputs This thread Refback 04-29-2014 12:25 AM
http://aksprojekt.pl This thread Refback 04-22-2014 06:41 PM
HPFP is needed with just bolt ons - Page 4 This thread Refback 03-04-2014 10:02 PM
Ok a dangerous question ... Gulp - Page 4 This thread Refback 02-05-2014 03:19 PM
hoffa_dies comments on Talk me in or out of this 2009 MazdaSpeed 3 This thread Refback 01-13-2014 07:41 PM
What is going on! This thread Refback 10-31-2013 03:07 PM
Fuel system idea - Page 3 This thread Refback 10-31-2013 12:26 PM
HFPF internals This thread Refback 03-13-2013 02:21 AM
Grosse question sur la HPFP - Mazda 3 Quebec This thread Refback 03-06-2013 02:35 PM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! - Page 14 This thread Refback 06-21-2012 02:12 PM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! - Page 13 This thread Pingback 06-21-2012 08:25 AM