register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree31Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #281

kryskunka is a name known to allkryskunka is a name known to allkryskunka is a name known to allkryskunka is a name known to allkryskunka is a name known to allkryskunka is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah your going to have to defenitely get hpfp internals. Usually an intake you don't have to but since you have tip as well it's recommended so you won't join the zoom zoom boom club. Most people run autotech. But I'm sure Cobbs is just as good
17x9 Enkei Rpf1 wrapped in Hankook ventus rs3 255/40/17 tires~Cobb Accessport V3~Corksport RMM~UR Turbo back Exhaust~ CP-E 3.25 intake~Autotech hpfp internals~Tuned by Purple Drank Tuning on 22lbs boost
kryskunka is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #282

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cobb sells Autotech internals...

So, yeah, lots of us have 'em in our cars.
IT GUY likes this.
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frothy For This Useful Post:
Gerbilo (12-24-2016)
 Old 12-24-2016, 05:32 PM   #283

Jaysspeeed3 will become famous soon enoughJaysspeeed3 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks a lot lads. Much apreciated. Definitely going to be my next buy. Cheers and happy holidays.
Jaysspeeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #284

Velocifero is just really niceVelocifero is just really niceVelocifero is just really niceVelocifero is just really nice
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am having trouble getting my HPFP back onto the motor. I changed the internals years ago with no problem and I am currently changing the hard line to a CS braided line. I pulled the pump off and now it will not even come close to seating correctly. It's like the shaft from the pump inside the spring is being blocked when I try seating it. Is the lifter supposed to be down in a hole to allow the shaft to slide in there? It looks the same as the pictures I see everywhere else....
Velocifero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #285

venneh is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

The cup shaped metal piece in the hole likely flipped over. The cup opening needs to face the hpfp. Either that or your o-ring needs replaced.
venneh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #286

Dawson_MS6 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 17 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've heard mixed answers about this question, but i'm currently in the market to get some autotech interals, and are used interals safe to get? I don't see why they wouldn't be especially with autotech's fantastic return policy, some people say absolutely not, some say why not? Is it safe for me to save 100 bucks and grab some used ones?
Dawson_MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #287

Gnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of lightGnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of lightGnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of lightGnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of lightGnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of lightGnar'd Up is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

From previous answers in this thread used don't seem to be a huge issue. If you're worried about it get new ones.

Considering I don't see many used Internals in the for sale section I shall be buying new. Probably corksport because I will also be getting my SRI from them. Might as well save some cash that way

Last edited by Gnar'd Up; 04-18-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Gnar'd Up is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #288

BloodBanez is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How about the Cobb Mazdaspeed fuel pump internals? How are they?
BloodBanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to BloodBanez For This Un-useful Post:
Vansquish (05-26-2017)
 Old 05-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #289
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,835 Times in 2,673 Posts
Groans: 1,803
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BloodBanez View Post
There's no such thing.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #290

thatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant futurethatguy0o0 has a brilliant future
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BloodBanez View Post

You mean autotechs? Thats what they sell on their site. I just installed mine and they work as advertised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Autotech HPFP
Cobb APV3
K&N Typhoon SRI
UR catless DP
Corksport TP
JBR RMM
Stratified e85 tune
thatguy0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #291

BloodBanez is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I just did some more reading and noticed that that's what they were
thatguy0o0 likes this.
BloodBanez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #292

Not Ranked  0 score     

After installing a new hpfp with aftermarket internals, as well as tuning the cobb stage 2 ots map, within 10 miles of my car driving home it died and came back to live immediately after, I thought it was because I was very low on gas, filled it same to fix the issue, then finally my car threw a code P2188 (too rich at idle) my car ended up running so rich unused fuel would drip from the exhaust and a little smoke on acceleration, so putting the pieces together I immediately swapped pumps back to my stock one, fixed the smoke and fuel drip, code didn't go away. Then I decided to clean my MAF, pull my intake look for leaks, re tune to stage 0 (stock), and also reset my ECU. Nothing fixed the code, still idling at around 700rpms. All of my gauges/data logs show normal levels for hpfp levels, AFR, and so on. I have been told it could be my bank 2 02 sensor, my purge valve, spark plug, or open injector. I just find it very coincidental that somehow within 10 miles of a fresh tune/fuel pump it throws this code. Any ideas will help!
 Old 05-30-2017, 05:03 AM   #293

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dawson_MS6 View Post
After installing a new hpfp with aftermarket internals, as well as tuning the cobb stage 2 ots map, within 10 miles of my car driving home it died and came back to live immediately after, I thought it was because I was very low on gas, filled it same to fix the issue, then finally my car threw a code P2188 (too rich at idle) my car ended up running so rich unused fuel would drip from the exhaust and a little smoke on acceleration, so putting the pieces together I immediately swapped pumps back to my stock one, fixed the smoke and fuel drip, code didn't go away. Then I decided to clean my MAF, pull my intake look for leaks, re tune to stage 0 (stock), and also reset my ECU. Nothing fixed the code, still idling at around 700rpms. All of my gauges/data logs show normal levels for hpfp levels, AFR, and so on. I have been told it could be my bank 2 02 sensor, my purge valve, spark plug, or open injector. I just find it very coincidental that somehow within 10 miles of a fresh tune/fuel pump it throws this code. Any ideas will help!
What did you remove when you pulled the HPFP, other than the pump itself?
Vansquish (05-30-2017)
 Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 AM   #294
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,835 Times in 2,673 Posts
Groans: 1,803
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Also, did you add any other aftermarket parts at the same time?

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #295

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
What did you remove when you pulled the HPFP, other than the pump itself?
All I did was remove my fuel lines, crack and remove my hpfp line, remove the reverse torques bits and remove my pump and re install my new pump, all the normal protocol, then I tuned my car for stage 2 which includes all my mods and pump, my ltft and stft are also quite low. My stft at idle is around -14

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Also, did you add any other aftermarket parts at the same time?
Nope, just hpfp swap and stage 2 tune
KWR likes this.

Last edited by Dawson_MS6; 05-30-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 05-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #296

MD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the worldMD1032 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dawson_MS6 View Post
buncha stuff
Remove the internals you installed on the other pump, inspect, and post pictures. Make sure the o ring in the cylinder retainer is still in there. Hint: If the piston moves freely, it is surely missing.
 Old 05-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #297

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MD1032 View Post
Remove the internals you installed on the other pump, inspect, and post pictures. Make sure the o ring in the cylinder retainer is still in there. Hint: If the piston moves freely, it is surely missing.
I never installed the aftermarket internals in either of the two pumps, I bought one pump with internals already installed and my stock pump which worked perfectly fine prior, both pumps and both internals throw the code, my hpfp active pressure levels are normal. I think it might be an o2 sensor or maybe purge valve, just a coincidence it happened so soon after hpfp install
 Old 06-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #298

loak1er is a splendid one to beholdloak1er is a splendid one to beholdloak1er is a splendid one to beholdloak1er is a splendid one to beholdloak1er is a splendid one to beholdloak1er is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default prv or hpfp fail

I am experiencing fuel pressure issues, i am trying to determine if I have a fuel pump or pressure relief failure. car runs like shit, has fuel cut, giving me random misfire codes, and sputtering, has good compression and spark. I've attached logs. Log 27 idle with a rev. not sure what the other 2 logs were but I know they were logged in fault. Any ideas would help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog27.csv (24.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv datalog25.csv (23.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog24.csv (149.7 KB, 0 views)
loak1er is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-29-2018, 05:29 AM   #299

STEWLili has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

There are different ways to fry tomatoes, but each of them will require the hostess to spend several hours in the kitchen, so this yavstvo is usually better correct do on weekends or for special occasions. When tomatoes are roasted, they get a deep taste and are combined with seafood, antipasto and other roasted vegetables. Moreover, they are good suitable for application in the baking industry, in making bread or cake with custard.
canning stewed tomatoes
STEWLili is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to STEWLili For This Un-useful Post:
Db09ms3 (06-29-2018)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/official-hpfp-camshaft-driven-fuel-pump-fuel-105248/
Posted By For Type Date
Hopefully Boomba releases this aux fuel option soon - Page 3 This thread Refback 11-06-2015 05:37 AM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! This thread Refback 09-05-2015 10:00 AM
Got some new car parts for my 2007 Speed 3! Cobb Accessport V3 and a Corksport Test Pipe : mazda This thread Refback 11-10-2014 07:14 PM
Convert any HDMI video input to ATSC tunable 8VSB outputs This thread Refback 04-28-2014 11:25 PM
http://aksprojekt.pl This thread Refback 04-22-2014 05:41 PM
HPFP is needed with just bolt ons - Page 4 This thread Refback 03-04-2014 09:02 PM
Ok a dangerous question ... Gulp - Page 4 This thread Refback 02-05-2014 02:19 PM
hoffa_dies comments on Talk me in or out of this 2009 MazdaSpeed 3 This thread Refback 01-13-2014 06:41 PM
What is going on! This thread Refback 10-31-2013 02:07 PM
Fuel system idea - Page 3 This thread Refback 10-31-2013 11:26 AM
HFPF internals This thread Refback 03-13-2013 01:21 AM
Grosse question sur la HPFP - Mazda 3 Quebec This thread Refback 03-06-2013 01:35 PM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! - Page 14 This thread Refback 06-21-2012 01:12 PM
Visconti Tuning EcuTek Flash for Juke ! - Page 13 This thread Pingback 06-21-2012 07:25 AM