register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyllo24

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-29-2014, 02:09 AM   #1

lazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default P0193 Fuel pressure circuit high input

Hello, yesterday I got my car back up and running, had fuel drop problems mentioned in this thread, E85 fuel drop trouble. . But I got that fixed. Then after doing some 4th gear logs, my fuel pressure peaked at ~2281 psi and is stuck at that, along the the code P0193. The car went into limp mode and would not build boost at all. So I read through some forums, and used the mazdaspeed 3 2007+ factory manual to trouble shoot it. All of the connections checked out and I even checked each wire individually from each connection. Each wire checked out as well. So if wiring is not the issue, could it be that I actually just need a new fuel pressure sensor? Any help is appreciated.
lazeryth is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #2

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,656 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Disassemble your spill valve again and clean it, Sounds like its stuck. Then start car, see if pressure stabilizes. I am guessing that your 100,000 miles of gunk in your tank is coming loose with the Ethanol. That's why you keep having fuel problems? It could very well be the sensor, but until proper diagnosis are completed, you will be wasting your money throwing parts at it.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away...

FWIW E-85 Cure With Fuel Additives

Last edited by littleloogy; 03-29-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #3

lazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond reputelazeryth has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I will pull it again and clean it, but I just cleaned it 2 days ago -.- , but its somewhere to start I suppose.
 Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I took apart the spill valve and it looked clean, I would hope so with only 2 days of operation. So it's not that. It is exactly the same issue that's in this thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...lling-107627// . But there was no fix by the op eventually posted -.- . So I am kinda on square one. I tested the wires all the way back to the ecu and they were all fine. I even dissected the wiring harness all the way back to the ecu and the wires were in good condition. After putting everything back together, I had the intake manifold off because I was inspecting my injector seals, The car runs like shit now, it barely starts, and when it does it runs like shit, and sounds like there's an air leak and my afr's keep climbing, so maybe there is a boost leak somewhere, I might have to dissassemble and re-assemble tonight. Also when I blip the throttle it bogs down and sputters. Anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to think it might just be the actual sensor.
 Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,656 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What does your fuel pressure read at startup?

littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also another note: Normally when someone gets a P0193 the cdfp act. pressure is 2281 psi and 5v cdfp sensor voltage, and these values are locked. Now when I changed the monitors in my ap to read the voltage, My pressure is still locked at 2281 psi, but my voltage is reading 0v. the sensor is plugged in and all wires check out, so is the sensor actually dead?

Fuel pressure reads 2281 psi on start-up/ on position and even when running, when it finally starts.

Last edited by lazeryth; 03-30-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just re-checked the wiring and it checks out again, btw does anyone know if there is an updated factory manual? The pcm (ecu) connections listed in the diagram are incorrect. I physically followed the wire back all the way to the ecu and they do not match up as, Terminal A to PCM Terminal 2P, Terminal B to PCM Terminal 2R, and Terminal C to PCM Terminal 2I. Mine was Terminal A to PCM Terminal 2L, Terminal B to PCM Terminal 2S, and Terminal C to PCM Terminal 2M. When I checked the wires on this connection, there was continuity between them, so there was a connection on all three wires. Does anyone know why the factory manual would be so off? Or has my cars wiring harness been replaced or something? So all of these wires check out under the right connections, and there are no short circuits, should I just assume it is the actual sensor? The car really woln't even start, and once it does, after like 10 tries, it runs really rough and will die if I rev it. Also the voltage on the sensor is 0v, which is weird because of the code its throwing, it should be stuck at 5v...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p0193-1.jpg (124.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: png Inspection.PNG (84.4 KB, 40 views)
 Old 03-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #8

Kyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the worldKyllo24 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

having the exact same problem actually. after stocking out. the car idles ok but not perfect but when I try to clear the code it instantly comes up again. is checked all fuses and seem to be fine. i dont know why the fuel pressure sensor would go out but that could be it i guess. any input would be great.
JesusGuzman24 likes this.
Corksport: Coilovers, Front endlinks, SS Brake lines, Rear sway bar, Downpipe, Racepipe, Exhaust hangers, Licence plate relocation kit
JBR: 80 duro motor mount trilogy, Solid shifter bushings
Cobb: XLE BPV, STS, FMIC
Other: HTP 3" intake, autoexe rear toe bar,Moog rear endlinks, 3 Bar MAP sensor, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
Ricer Mods: EVO X GSR wheels powdercoated gold, Valve cover powdercoated gold, Hawk hps brake pads, Stoptech slotted front and rear rotors, 15% Window tint, saikou michi OCC, DDM HIDS 5000K lows 3000k fogs, Rally armor mud flaps
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kyllo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Idk man, I just rechecked my wiring for the third time and it still checks out. I am going to research if you can replace just the sensor. I know mazda only sells the fuel rail, but I don't think it would be to hard to do right, just make sure it doesn't strip the threads. I'll let you know what I find out, either way I'm fixing it, just a matter of time, well it's my daily, so not that much time.
 Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #10

BackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the worldBackRoads is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you check your fuel pressure relief valve? I've been reading about this. It is designed to vent at about 1850psi, but only as a stopgap for the spill valve not keeping up. If used very many times, it blows out. There is a topic by @dale_gribble; talking about this.
2007 Sunlight Silver MazdaSpeed3 Sport | BNR S3v2 | Autotech Internals | Cobb TIH | 3BAR MAP Sensor | Denso itv-22's | MSCAI | ETS 3.5" TMIC | Synchronic DV | Stratified EBCS | Guardian Angel | UR Test Pipe | Cobb AP | Koni Yellows | JBR RMM | CORN YEAH! | 265,000m | Tuned by STRATIFIED!!!
To install: CPE SafeSeals
2012 Velocity Red MazdaSpeed3 w/Tech | Autotech Internals | Sure Aeros V2 | 98,000m
BackRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, but I didn't rule it out, right not it is at the shop, diagnosed with a fired ecu. So i'm dealing with that.

Before this, it would start and just die immediately after.
 Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #12

MonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 119
Groaned at 54 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any further information on this. I got this same issue this morning.
JBR 3" WidePath -- CP-e 3.25" TMIC -- AutoTech HPFP -- Magnaflow Catback -- Sure Dreadnaught -- Denso ITV22 -- Cobb AccessPORT -- StopTech Slotted Rotors -- EBC Redstuff Pads -- White Line RSB--AWR Endlinks--H&R Coilovers--XXR 522 -- BFG Comp-2's 245s -- ATP FAILpipe -- Forge V2 -- JBR SSP

Rich Tuned 13.72 @ 103.83 - 93 Oct.
MonstaSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its still at the dealership, they might finish today, but they think my issue was caused by a wiring short, Ill post a final update with all the info, I still don't know if it will be fixed today, I still feel like they might not know what their doing.. But we will see..
 Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #14

evilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

update???? just repaired one electrical issue with the ckps wire broken. didnt have this code before i did my vvt...now its here. curious to know what urs turned out to be
evilmonkey187 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #15

evilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the worldevilmonkey187 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just fixed my p0193... Was a broken fuel pressure sensor wire at the 1st connector by the intake manifold.
It looked like it was secure, so I pulled the whole harness ( from they grey connector to all the connectors by the hpfp.
Check continuity between the wires on each side.
It's a good place to start and check through. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to evilmonkey187 For This Useful Post:
Spoolnak (05-27-2014)
 Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Final update: Car is working good, got it back today. My issue ended up being a ecu short and wiring harness short. Wasn't actually the fuel pressure sensor or connector.
The Following User Says Thank You to lazeryth For This Useful Post:
BackRoads (04-24-2014)
 Old 04-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lazeryth View Post
Final update: Car is working good, got it back today. My issue ended up being a ecu short and wiring harness short. Wasn't actually the fuel pressure sensor or connector.
Good shit, glad to see your up and running!
 Old 05-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #18

Xenios is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lazeryth View Post
I just threw this same code. As well as P2088 which is Oil Control Valve Actuator etc etc. This weekend I installed a JBR turbo inlet alongside a JBR CAI, the previous owner to this car broke both ECU clips off so when pulling them out it wasn't proper. I believe in doing this I damaged my ECU and or shorted the harness in some way. Not 100% sure, will have car diagnosed this week and update.

The car was running fine, went to start it after a trip to the gas station and it would crank strong and normal, but wouldn't turnover. I unplugged the battery, checked everything surrounding the recently installed turbo inlet and CAI, everything was fine still wouldn't start. Threw these two codes, unplugged, and securely fitted ECU plugs back into the ECU, and it turnover and has been fine since?