register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ziggo

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,014 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Upgraded ITFP Options!!!!!!!!!

so i realize that the stock ITFP is good for more whp then our HPFP can even use but theres been a few failures as of late and im looking into replacing it with something a little better with as little modification as possible.

here are some past threads from people like Whooosh and ATE Baller who did "drop in" walbro 255's which diddent really end up being drop in at all.

heres the voltage tests

in-tank fuel pump voltage tests - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

stock FP flow data

in tank OEM fuel pump flow data - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

how to for swapping ITFP with the walbro

In Tank Fuel Pump Upgrade How-to - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

IMO the dual walbro setup that @socks had and the single upgrades that people like @JumpingJackson have are completely unnecessary as far as needing to buy and external regulator and convert to a return style system. we really only need a more RELIABLE pump as our stock one flows more then enough already.

so here are my thoughts so far on the best way i plan about doing this. first of all you need 2 things really to complete this project, a pump, and a regulator.

the walbro GSS-342 is the closest size to our stock pump and even uses the same electrical connector. now the problem with using this pump is that its slightly longer then the stocker so when you go to put the bucket back together you end up squishing the filter on bottom between the pump and the bottom of the bucket. this is obviously not good for flow so we need some other sort of solution.

my next thought was to ditch the sleeve inside the bucket but then realized we need some sort of replacement for the bult in regulator. so i started looking into the regulators that other DI platforms are using and i came across this:

Audi - A3 - 2.0T FSI - Maintenance - OE - Fuel Filter - KMD Tuning

its an external 6.4bar (~92psi) combination regulator and filter that the 2.0 FSI uses. this would be the PERFECT upgrade as it gives us a slight boost in pressure, adds a filter, and has simple/clean connections in and out. the only problem i see right now is the size and whether it would survive being put INSIDE the tank vs outside. if we did need to mount it outside we would just need to run a short length of hose for the return back to the tank (lol there i go eating my words haha, although the return is only for the pressure bled off after 6.4 bar)

@Dano is sending me the SST when hes done with it so i can pull my bucket and do some inspections. im currently trying to find the dimensions of that VW reg/filter but KMD is supposed to call me back. rockauto seems to have some OEM replacements from fram and other stores so i might run by pepboys later and see if i can find one in person to take a look at.

does anyone have any thoughts/comments/questions?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (10-08-2011), Alpha (10-06-2011), charlesfist (10-06-2011), Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-08-2011), Dano (10-06-2011), djuosnteisn (10-06-2011), doubleflusher (10-06-2011), Erich (10-06-2011), essejkcamraw (10-06-2011), ganque (10-06-2011), GLORIFIEDBOZO (10-06-2011), i8urgti (10-08-2011), IMASA (10-06-2011), jracer (10-08-2011), MPSdriver (10-08-2011), MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (10-06-2011), phate (10-10-2011), Post pwned (10-09-2011), redmnsterut (10-06-2011), rfinkle2 (10-06-2011), triplejumper18 (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,143 Posts
Groans: 433
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the issue in another car of the walbro being too long and squishing the filter, so I cut a hole in the bottom of the plastic fp 'surge can' for the filter to stick thru, and that worked out great. Same model walbro too. Is it possible to try that?
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
I had the issue in another car of the walbro being too long and squishing the filter, so I cut a hole in the bottom of the plastic fp 'surge can' for the filter to stick thru, and that worked out great. Same model walbro too. Is it possible to try that?
i dont think its possible on the 6's because of the way the venturi system brings fuel back into the bucket to avoid starvation. theres some discussion about this in the links above and it may even be a problem on the 3's too. so you essentially need to keep the bucket as is because its like a mini surge tank for the pump.
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #4

Karmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the worldKarmat is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,158 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed for developments.
Karmat is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #5

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,246 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I need to study those linked threads. I need a return style setup to be able to setup an FPR for the secondary injectors.... I have no idea how to do a returnless system with an FPR.

Zigatapatalka
Grab21 likes this.
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,250 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is there anything I can do this weekend while working on mine to aid the cause?

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #7

redmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed wanna see what the out come for this is

SURE RMM | SURE Shift Weight | SURE SSP | CP-E CAI | CP-E DP | CP-E TIP | COBB AP |SnailD Tunned| TEIN Springs | SU Turbosmart BPV | Autotech HPFP Internals | Autolite XP step colder plugs | JBR Heavy Shift Knob | CXracing FMIC | Block8 Single Gauge Pod | MSD DashHawk

Waiting to be installed: SURE Dreadnaught | JBR Shifter Bushings | SU Boost Tubes | P&P Intake Manifold

Soon to come:SURE Intake/TB TIG | SURE Juggernaught | RSB |

286awhp / 346lbs tq @4500 ft ASL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redmnsterut is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #8

GLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the worldGLORIFIEDBOZO is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,066 Times in 848 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed since I will probably do this

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I quit reading" - Henry Youngman
GLORIFIEDBOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,143 Posts
Groans: 433
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you're going to do port fueling secondary, why not put in a 5+gal fuel cell and run separate lines that way? Doesn't need to be AN, you can make hard lines cheap and run yer own shit.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimmike For This Useful Post:
i8urgti (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #10

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Groans: 320
Groaned at 78 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This may work for you guys. We've got an FI 3 on the other forum trying this piece out this weekend. It will be setup for a return style system. Should be a direct bolt-on for us. It could possibly work for the speed3's if isn't much different than the 3 setup. Maybe we can compare some dimensions with @Dano..

SVT FOCUS ! Fuel Pump Replacement 255lph | eBay

Last edited by Manny; 10-06-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
Dano (10-10-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #11

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
is there anything I can do this weekend while working on mine to aid the cause?
Look for a good spot to stick a return hose and measure the stock fuel pump length and OD.

Just FYI, the specs for that 400lph walbro unit state it's OD is 39mm, which, per the thread linked, is the same as stock.

Lots of funny posts in that thread, knowing what we know now 4 years later.

Zigatapatalka
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah I think Anthony stated its the length that gets ya and prevents a "drop in" install of a 255

I'll get requested info

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-07-2011), Ziggo (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #13

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,825 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
IMO the dual walbro setup that @socks had and the single upgrades that people like @JumpingJackson have are completely unnecessary as far as needing to buy and external regulator and convert to a return style system. we really only need a more RELIABLE pump as our stock one flows more then enough already.
hater.....
4G63 (10-08-2011), Dano (10-06-2011), djuosnteisn (10-12-2011), superskaterxes (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #14

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

also remember that if you ditch the sleeve in there, you will need to keep the tank level up to keep the bucket level up, or find another way to keep the bucket level up, by maintaining the stock venturi system in the bucket (which comes off the regulator, and sprays fuel on the back side of the door, creating a low pressure zone that sucks fuel into the bucket even when tank levels are low. I used the return on my regulator to the stock feed line, and plumbed that to the venturi nozzle.

good luck PM me if you have any questions
djuosnteisn (10-12-2011), superskaterxes (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

stock dimensions are 38mm for the pump body and 40mm for the sleeve. the walbro is 41mm.

@Dano, take as many freaking picts as you can haha. i dont need like install picts but try and document exactly how the whole thing works. go over where the fuel enters, how it travels through the bucket and pump and regulator, where it returns to the bucket ect. just take picts and point or mark where all of this shit happens so we all can understand how this thing works. one thing i DONT want to do is fuck up the way the pump sucks fuel from the tank (or from the other side in the case of the MS6).

i plan to pretty much use these same picts and take my own when i get the tool from you.

also if you could go over EXACTLY how to use the tool and some tips and tricks that would be awesome. i remember whoosh saying it took some serious force to get that cap off haha. also document how it goes back on and where things need to be aligned. this is all in the service manual but picts and a real persons account is always better.

i have a 314mb searchable pdf of the manual i was going to send you but the biggest free online sender thing i could find has a 300mb limit. find another way for me to get it to ya (or anyone else) and ill send it to u.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Dano (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by socks View Post
also remember that if you ditch the sleeve in there, you will need to keep the tank level up to keep the bucket level up, or find another way to keep the bucket level up, by maintaining the stock venturi system in the bucket (which comes off the regulator, and sprays fuel on the back side of the door, creating a low pressure zone that sucks fuel into the bucket even when tank levels are low. I used the return on my regulator to the stock feed line, and plumbed that to the venturi nozzle.

good luck PM me if you have any questions

this is exactly why we need to figure out how this shit works and why i have my test mule @Dano to guide us with his shiny red nose haha

cant say i knew any of that stuff above but its def included in that whole "lets understand this bitch before we go and fuck it up" haha
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll PM you FTP info to upload to my site. I WANT a searchable manual FTW

what is our limit to upload here?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
this is exactly why we need to figure out how this shit works and why i have my test mule @Dano to guide us with his shiny red nose haha

cant say i knew any of that stuff above but its def included in that whole "lets understand this bitch before we go and fuck it up" haha
all you had to do is ask :-P i know how all that junk works.

pm me if you have any direct questions. ill try to keep eyes on this thread

with the way i set it up, i could run the tank dry before starving the engine of fuel. if you dont maintain that venturi, or some other method to keep the bucket full, you'll have to keep the tank above 1/4ish. if you dig around, you'll find thats pretty common with walbro swaps, as those pumps do not like being run dry.
djuosnteisn (10-12-2011), superskaterxes (10-06-2011), wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

im my experimentation here i really need to see this bucket first hand to see what everything means. i read that whoosh thread twice and im still hung up on some shit haha
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
wolly6973 (10-07-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #20
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,562 Times in 2,807 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not trying to crap on the thread or anything but the itfp is basically just a lift pump and it doesnt need more than a few psi at the cdfp to work properly. I bet our stock itfp can max the stock fuel lines capacity in the lower pressure ranges so a upgrade pump isnt going to flow a whole lot more unless the fuel lines are also upgraded.

Unless I am way off, I dont see the point of doing a walbro 255 upgrade if you are keeping the stock fuel lines because there is not alot to be gained in flow and I dont think they are more reliable.

Having said that, I would totally rock one if a drop in unit was found.

To add something of use to the thread, I remember someone saying that there is a drop in ford fuel tank basket that may be walbro compatible. I cant remember what car it was from though.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
Dano (10-08-2011), wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, but if one were to setup a return system, and use the stock line as the return...

Zigatapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #22
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post

To add something of use to the thread, I remember someone saying that there is a drop in ford fuel tank basket that may be walbro compatible. I cant remember what car it was from though.
maybe but the top of the assembly is very specialized and has a positioning key built in that locks into the retainer that attaches to the tank top. maybe all fords..cough cough mazdas are the same pump setup.

I'll add pictures to my ITFP replacement thread.

ITFP replacement

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (10-12-2011), Realgib3 (10-08-2011), wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #23

XLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 359 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I were you guys, I'd wait about 5 weeks before you do any more experimenting with these. Give it time...

It'll be okay...

SOLD!

2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
XLT_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XLT_66 For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #24
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

maybe but the top of the assembly is very specialized and has a positioning key built in that locks into the retainer that attaches to the tank top. maybe all fords..cough cough mazdas are the same pump setup.

I'll add pictures to my ITFP replacement thread.

ITFP replacement
Considering that half of our parts are stamped Ford, ide say its probably likely that we share the basket with another car. I know we share alot with the fusion.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 06Speed6 For This Useful Post:
Dano (10-10-2011), Nataphen (10-08-2011), wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #25

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since the Euro-Focus finally made it across the pond, there should be a few parts shared between that and the MS3 as well.

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nataphen For This Useful Post:
wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #26

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know how unnecessary it is to do a walbro . I was able to pull 440 g/s at 7200 before making out my inj . Before installing the rail valve or spraying the meth. I haven't heard of any that high off meth or upgraded valve or that high of rpm. Plus the factory pump Is probably working very hard and getting hot as hell to supply the fuel and heating the fuel up like crazy . Hot fuel is no good. Especially after the hpfp gets its hands on it . The hpfp is applying tremendous pressure to the fuel heating it up even more . So maybe It's worth it just for keeping it cooler and fuel more dense.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (10-10-2011), Alpha (10-09-2011), Nataphen (10-08-2011), Post pwned (10-09-2011), wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

thats the benefit of the dual walbros i ran.... two of them had no effort keeping the low pressure system at 80psi, then that made it that much easier for the CDFP.
kmac (10-08-2011), Nataphen (10-08-2011), wolly6973 (10-08-2011)
 Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #28

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you have a build thread of that setup, @socks?

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

yea, i just bumped it. let me grab a link.

Dual Walbro 255lph Pump Install Pictures

oh my, im soooo 2009.
Dano (10-10-2011), Nataphen (10-08-2011), superskaterxes (10-10-2011), wolly6973 (10-09-2011)
 Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #30

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manny View Post
This may work for you guys. We've got an FI 3 on the other forum trying this piece out this weekend. It will be setup for a return style system. Should be a direct bolt-on for us. It could possibly work for the speed3's if isn't much different than the 3 setup. Maybe we can compare some dimensions with @Dano..

Just some more info here, it seems to be that this svt 255lph pump is a direct fit with no modification on the mz3. If the ms3 is any similar, this should be a very cheap solution to running a proper return style system for you guys.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (10-10-2011), Alpha (10-09-2011), Dano (10-10-2011), Nataphen (10-09-2011), Post pwned (10-09-2011), Realgib3 (10-09-2011), superskaterxes (10-10-2011), wolly6973 (10-09-2011)
 Old 10-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #31

Post pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the worldPost pwned is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed
 Old 10-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #32
Speeeeeed

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is the basket for the ms3 and ms6 the same as far as fuel pump fitment goes?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #33

mtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Skates, almost any in tank "drop in" pump is only good to about 80 psi before the flow just drops off the map. Since the pump can only flow to 80 psi that 92 psi regulator wont be beneficial. You would need a regulator to keep the pressure under about 75psi (always like to leave a safety cushion).
 Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

how did this turn out? What is the lph of our OE pump? I thought ours was already 255

wait this is a return style pump...so not a direct replacement unless you are wanting to add a return?

I am confised with all these ITFP threads lol

Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #35
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 06Speed6 View Post
Is the basket for the ms3 and ms6 the same as far as fuel pump fitment goes?
no idea, as soon as i get my SST we can find out lol

Originally Posted by mtnrunner View Post
Skates, almost any in tank "drop in" pump is only good to about 80 psi before the flow just drops off the map. Since the pump can only flow to 80 psi that 92 psi regulator wont be beneficial. You would need a regulator to keep the pressure under about 75psi (always like to leave a safety cushion).
AFAIK, if you were to just put a walbro in your tank, it would push WAYYYY more then 80 psi through your lines. thats why we need the regulator so help keep pressure down and constant. im more curious to hear marcus's comments on the stock fuel lines. if the stock lines cant handle any more flow then a new pump is worthless. but upping the pressure in the same sized line will always net u more flow.

how did this turn out? What is the lph of our OE pump? I thought ours was already 255

wait this is a return style pump...so not a direct replacement unless you are wanting to add a return?

our OE pump can flow 260 if you up the voltage to 16v, its been tested and the link is in the OP lol.

we DONT want to do a return style system here, we need the simplest solution possible. the whole point of this thread is a more RELIABLE drop in replacement. we already know the ITFP can keep up with more fuel then our total fuel system can even handle (aka ITFP is NOT our weak link for more fueling).
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (10-12-2011), Dano (10-10-2011)
 Old 10-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

this is guy I was talking about...so he should be able to clarify

Intank Fuel Pump Solution

from what I understand its a drop-in and doesn't require a return setup but there are advantages to a return setup as well thats probably why there is a lot of talk/confusion about the strategy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
Dano (10-10-2011)
 Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #37
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just some more info here, it seems to be that this svt 255lph pump is a direct fit with no modification on the mz3. If the ms3 is any similar, this should be a very cheap solution to running a proper return style system for you guys.

maybe some bad news...it looks like you would at least need to replace the electrical connector to the pump. The outlet location may be the same.

but it looks like the inlet area is totally different. Judge for yourself

Dims:

overall length from top of outlet to inlet 112mm or ~ 11Ccm
38mm diameter

I can get the inlet height if anyone cares.

more pics of the entire basket assembly will be posted up in my ITFP replacement thread later.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (10-12-2011), djuosnteisn (10-12-2011), doubleflusher (10-12-2011), GLORIFIEDBOZO (10-11-2011), superskaterxes (10-12-2011), wolly6973 (10-15-2011)