register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #1

mazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     
Default 17×9.25

Hey guys just wanted to share my rim tire set up and get some advice. Just picked up some 17×9.25 +36 offset any one have any advice on tire size I'm thinking 235 40 I wanted to run 245/45 17 but it looks like I'll have rubbing issues on the suspension side I'll be rolling the fender for sure. Just finished test fitting the rim and every thing cleared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181124_111440.jpg (5.72 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20181124_102750.jpg (5.01 MB, 17 views)
 Old 11-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #2

mazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nicemazda_speed_6 is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Clearance on the suspension side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181124_111025.jpg (3.37 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20181124_104316.jpg (3.37 MB, 10 views)
 Old 11-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,859 Posts
Groans: 546
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

why
 Old 11-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why what?��
 Old 11-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #5

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,569 Times in 1,690 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why bother with 9.5" wheels and then run a tire that will fit on an 8" wheel.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
mazda_speed_6 (11-24-2018)
 Old 11-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got these for track use and wanted to run a 245 or 255.
But when I test fitted them they cleared every thing good no problems my fear is if I go with a 245 or 255 the tire will rub on the hub knuckle. So I came here to see if any one has any advice or runs the same rim specs?
 Old 11-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #7

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your issue will be the rear fenders. My wheels are 18x8" +48 and even with a only a 1" drop and the fenders rolled I would rub occasionally with 235/40/18.

There are a few people running wide setups, but they're using fender flares.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

mazda_speed_6 (11-24-2018)
 Old 11-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

O shit so I was worried about the wrong side it's the rear fenders that are gonna give me problems. I wonder since I'll be on a smaller rim if it'll give me a little more room to run 245? I saw a guy running 255 on 17×9 +48 offset with spacers on the front only I wonder how he got those to work.
 Old 11-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #9

Natey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 28 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

12mm = almost a half inch more poke, plus his wheels were narrower, so he had nearly an inch more room than you do.
Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natey For This Useful Post:
mazda_speed_6 (11-25-2018)
 Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't even snap about that my offset pushes my wheel out more flush with fender witch is the look I was going for. So if I wanna go wider than 235s I'm gonna need a good fender pull or fender flares.

Any one ever run a taller tire than a 40 series like a 45? Is a 45 tall tire to tall for are cars I saw on the ultimate will they fit thread that the most common was a 40 tall tire.
 Old 11-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #11
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,859 Posts
Groans: 546
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i thought most track guys build around a tire, not a wheel?
 Old 12-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was building around Hoosiers 245/45 17 but found a good deal on these wheels for black Friday figured they would work with just a fender roll but I was wrong
 Old 12-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #13
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,345 Posts
Groaned at 35 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I build around a penis.
 Old 12-18-2018, 12:22 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
Your issue will be the rear fenders. My wheels are 18x8" +48 and even with a only a 1" drop and the fenders rolled I would rub occasionally with 235/40/18.

There are a few people running wide setups, but they're using fender flares.
If I use 235/40 do you think they would do good with just a roll or will I need to pull the fender as well trying to avoid pulling the fender but if I have i will

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
I build around a penis.

Last edited by mazda_speed_6; 12-18-2018 at 12:22 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
mazda_speed_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

No. You need to get wheels that fit. IMO a 235 is too narrow for a 9.5" wheel, and even that will still have issues with a +36 offset.

Soon to be installed:

cyclist20 (12-20-2018)
 Old 08-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my car aligned at big O and the alignment guy had never seen adjustable ball joints before so there main mechanic came to talk to me and wanted to charge me $90 a hour to adjust the ball joint and said it would take him a couple of hours to do it so I told them just fix the toe on the car. the camber settings are pretty even on all four tires my question is do you guys think these setting will kill my tires fast? I know the toe would of killed the tires quick but I really don't know the effect of camber I plan to take the car to another shop that specializes in race cars/lowered cars and won't give me problems about the SPC ball joints but for know I have to drive around like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190810_111225962_HDR.jpg (3.05 MB, 7 views)
 Old 08-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Toe eats tires, the camber will be ok in the short term, but should be fixed. Hours to adjust balljoints is bullshit. If you have the standard SPCs the max range is only +1.5 deg which would be about perfect in the front.

Why didn't they fix your rear camber? The oem adjustment has enough range to get you back to spec from your starting point.

Soon to be installed:

Last edited by SSinstaller; 08-21-2019 at 10:03 PM.
mazda_speed_6 (08-21-2019)
 Old 08-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
Toe eats tires, the camber will be ok in the short term, but should be fixed. Hours to adjust balljoints is bullshit. If you have the standard SPCs the max range is only +1.5 deg which would be about perfect in the front.
Right it took me about 1 and half hour to install them I'm sure they just saw it as a way to wax me for some cash. I didn't even waste my time arguing with them I could tell nothing was gonna make the guy admit it wouldnt take a couple of hours. Guaranteed I would of spent 300+ dollars for that alignment if I would of let him adjust it.
 Old 08-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Why didn't they fix your rear camber? The oem adjustment has enough range to get you back to spec from your starting point. They have to release the tension on the lateral link. Then adjust the cam bolts for the camber adjustment. Then set the toe with the lateral link.

Soon to be installed:

Old 08-22-2019, 06:48 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm assuming they didn't know how, the alignment mechanic tells me were gonna pull your car off the rack it's done so I go inside to pay and the lady at the front desk tells me they couldn't make any adjustments to the rear because its a solid axle. At that point I said these people are fuckin stupid so I told her it's not a solid axle the sheet shows they fixed the toe, so I told her since you guys only fixed toe and didn't touch camber can I get some kind of discount they cut the price down 20 dallors.