register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #1

cocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 18x8" et40 on speed6

I've got a set of OZ Ultraleggera with ET35, and they rub in the rear. What ET is needed to clear the lip? I think they can be machined down to ET40, will this be enough?

I want to keep the body as stock as possible and I have seen fenders crack the paint when rolling so I'm a bit reluctant to do this, will et40 stay clear from rubbing? or do I need to go even deeper into the wheel well or bite the bullet and roll the fenders aswell?

Tires are 225x40-18

Thanks for your help in advance!

So, I just picked up my OZ Ultraleggera today. And OF COURSE they are the wrong ET, when discussing with the shop I ordered trough they said et35 and et48, I read et40 and ordered that since et35 I knew would rub. So now I stand here with 4 wheels with et35, the shop wont take them back.

However they might cover the machining cost of milling them down to et40, it looks to be enough material to do this (I don't know how much you have to keep, but its 12mm until the cone part, or whatever it's called).

Last edited by cocoanton; 06-29-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Clarifying my question
cocoanton is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #2

VTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud ofVTEC_EATER has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have any paper trail that shows you wanted et40 wheels? If not you are pretty much hosed. If there is something that says et40 was wanted and should have been ordered and et35 came in, then you can tell them to return them at their expense and get you the right wheels.
VTEC_EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 AM   #3

cocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the worldcocoanton is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by VTEC_EATER View Post
Do you have any paper trail that shows you wanted et40 wheels? If not you are pretty much hosed. If there is something that says et40 was wanted and should have been ordered and et35 came in, then you can tell them to return them at their expense and get you the right wheels.

This is not the question that needs answers, there are alot of reasons why I can't go back with them. SO I'll just edit my first post.

What I need to know is what ET is needed to clear the lip?
 Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just gave my wheels to the wheelshop to be machined down. Will probably end up with et40-et42 at best. I guess time will tell if I need to roll the lip!
 Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes it will rub, no it does not fit. Maybe with a roll.