register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #1

evanreynolds1116 is just really niceevanreynolds1116 is just really niceevanreynolds1116 is just really niceevanreynolds1116 is just really nice
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 235/40 Help

My 07 stock tires are well past the end of their life. Looking at getting 235/40's and putting 18x8 Konig Runlite's on them (+45 offset). I've been looking through the forums but I can't get a good answer on if I will rub or not with those tires. I've never bought tires that weren't stock size so this is all new to me. My suspension is stock right now but I am looking at getting some Eibach springs and wondering if that'll still be fine with those tires.

Currently looking at Pirelli P Zero a/s Plus... let me know if you have any other suggestions around that price range ($152.10/ea)

Also anyone have any previous experience with those Konig wheels?

LEGS FEED THE WOLF
evanreynolds1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #2

Shwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I run 235/45/17 +45 which are the same overall diameter that you're looking to get. I needed to roll the rear fenders after I got lowering springs.

Pretty sure you'll be fine if you stick to stock suspension. Might rub a bit if you load the back end up with stuff/passengers.

JBR TRU 3.5 Aluminum WP // Corksport TBE // JBR OCC Stage 2 // AP v3 (Tweaked [by me] E40 Tune) // Autotech Internals // Stratified EBCS // TWM Full Replacement w/ Type R Knob // CP-e Stage 2 RMM // JBR/Damond Full EGR Delete // Synchronic DV // NGK 6510s // FMIC [TR8 w/ JBR Pipes] // CorkSport Adjustable Struts/Lowering Springs // Progress RSB

Jet Black Wax (06/24/2017)
Better compression than Silaramic (02/20/2016)
Shwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #3

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

not all 235 40 tires are the same width. I had 235/40/18 Super sports on Evo X wheels which were pretty wide and they rubbed slightly even with a roll and slight pull on stock springs. Now I'm on HTR ZIII's and there is less rubbing. Section width and tread width need to be compared also.
cyber-ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote