register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #41

goob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How do you like the effect on gearing with the 265's?
goob_os101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #42

BobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,656 Times in 655 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Found these on another Mazda site. Can't remember which one but they are 18x9.5 et42 wrapped in 275/35 Only on the right side of the car that's why its leaning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624324.504851.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624341.311400.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624361.762623.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624387.612515.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624405.280082.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624469.478594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624492.648440.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624509.228619.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337624528.314298.jpg

1969 Nova-540BBC-S400's-TH400-sitting on 29.5x10.5
Skreets be calling...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BobtailedSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #43

daafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I run 245/40r17's on 17x8's. Wheels are +50 but I run 5MM spacers. Suspension is Koni Yellow with Swift Spec-r's. Rear fenders are currently rolled and I don't have any issues.
daafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #44

silentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,261 Times in 699 Posts
Groans: 44
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

245/35r18 s-Drives on a 18x9.5 +30 offset rim.

H&R Springs, and a JBR RSB on stiffest setting.

Rear Fenders Rolled thanks to @rgz

2013 SPW STi // COBB SRI w/Box // COBB BPV // UR Catless DP// UR CBE // COBB Lowering Springs // COBB Sway Bars // +1 NGK // DW65c FP

AWDTuning Tuned
silentwolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #45

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Change of setup...

I'm now lowered on eibach springs with koni yellows (one full turn stiff in the back, a little more than 1 turn in front). Rears were pulled more, cracking the paint on the drivers side, and I still rub, even slightly more than stock. Rear sway is even more necessary now but that should be on tomorrow. Fronts rub under hard turning.

Overall I'm a little disappointed with the wheels only because of the rubbing. I'm considering dropping to 235/40 tires next time around, or just pulling the shit out of the fenders and touching up the paint once that's all done. I will be racing this car so I want to keep the wide tires...we'll see where I go with it. It's also my daily so ride comfort is very important.

Pain in the ass wheels....Anyone want some evo's?

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #46

silentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
Change of setup...

I'm now lowered on eibach springs with koni yellows (one full turn stiff in the back, a little more than 1 turn in front). Rears were pulled more, cracking the paint on the drivers side, and I still rub, even slightly more than stock. Rear sway is even more necessary now but that should be on tomorrow. Fronts rub under hard turning.

Overall I'm a little disappointed with the wheels only because of the rubbing. I'm considering dropping to 235/40 tires next time around, or just pulling the shit out of the fenders and touching up the paint once that's all done. I will be racing this car so I want to keep the wide tires...we'll see where I go with it. It's also my daily so ride comfort is very important.

paint cracking? is that from the fender rolling? (you not use heat gun to heat up fenders and paint)

2013 SPW STi // COBB SRI w/Box // COBB BPV // UR Catless DP// UR CBE // COBB Lowering Springs // COBB Sway Bars // +1 NGK // DW65c FP

AWDTuning Tuned
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #47

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silentwolf8 View Post
paint cracking? is that from the fender rolling? (you not use heat gun to heat up fenders and paint)
It is. I used a heat gun when I rolled them flat and did the first pull and all was fine, but when I worked on them a second time (without an actual roller) it cracked. It sucks, but this isn't a show car and paint can be fixed.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

It is. I used a heat gun when I rolled them flat and did the first pull and all was fine, but when I worked on them a second time (without an actual roller) it cracked. It sucks, but this isn't a show car and paint can be fixed.
ah gotcha.

AWDTuning Tuned
 Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #49

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,527 Times in 3,188 Posts
Groans: 219
Groaned at 70 Times in 52 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Change of setup...

What specs are you running currently? As far as tires and wheels..

Yellows plus eibach sounds like some serious lows, and even more so I'm sure those Eibachs drop alot in turns.
 Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by helmetfail View Post
What specs are you running currently? As far as tires and wheels..

Yellows plus eibach sounds like some serious lows, and even more so I'm sure those Eibachs drop alot in turns.
18x8.5 +38 with 245/40 tires. The drop is more than I wanted but I got the springs free. I"m thinking about trying stock springs on all 4 corners to see if that at least solves the rubbing. If not, I may order some cobbs in the near future...minimal drop and stiffer springs. If that doesn't work I'm selling everything and torching the car.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #51

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

18x8.5 +38 with 245/40 tires. The drop is more than I wanted but I got the springs free. I"m thinking about trying stock springs on all 4 corners to see if that at least solves the rubbing. If not, I may order some cobbs in the near future...minimal drop and stiffer springs. If that doesn't work I'm selling everything and torching the car.
Lol sorry to hear about you troubles. I wonder how similar mine will be..

If stock springs solve the issue and youre having troubles finding cobbs im loving my corksports and the drop is similar in not being aggressive.

Good luck homie
 Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

I was actually going to ask you about the actual drop with the corksports was. The supposed drop is way too aggressive for me, but even the cobbs are rated at 1" all around but only go about .25" in the rear from what I hear. The problem with the eibachs, I think, is not necessarily the drop but the softness. I get the feeling that they're stiffer than stockers, but not by very much.

Overall it's just frustrating, but not impossible to figure out. The big thing is that I don't want to spend much more money on this issue. Once I'm employed I'm thinking of selling the evos and picking up a set of milligrams for the greater offset, but I really dont' want to go through the trouble for an extra 7mm inset. Hopefully the stock springs will hold me over until I know exactly what I'm going to do.

On the plus side though, the car currently looks fantastic lowered.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #53

Not Ranked  0 score     

@helmetfail

I should have quoted or mentioned you earlier. What's your actual drop with the CS springs? Is it the full 1"+ as advertised?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #54

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@helmetfail

I should have quoted or mentioned you earlier. What's your actual drop with the CS springs? Is it the full 1"+ as advertised?
From memory the advertised drop is rated at 1.2" in the front and 1.0" in the rear. However i dont think i dropped a full inch on either.

The spring rates between these and Eibachs are probably a substantial difference, they are a rough ride but quite firm indeed.

I would suggest them to a friend but not a friend that totes around kids, get my drift?

Keep in mind im on bilsteins
 Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #55
Dru

Dru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I run 17x9 +45 RPF01s with 245/40R17 AD08s. Just had to run a 5mm spacer up front and have 5mm of room between tyre and strut! Planning on getting 255s next once the AD08s have gone to shit.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by helmetfail View Post
From memory the advertised drop is rated at 1.2" in the front and 1.0" in the rear. However i dont think i dropped a full inch on either.

The spring rates between these and Eibachs are probably a substantial difference, they are a rough ride but quite firm indeed.

I would suggest them to a friend but not a friend that totes around kids, get my drift?

Keep in mind im on bilsteins
I think I'm going to order the cobbs then. For now my OEMs are going back on the rears only (supposedly stiffer than the eibachs...I can't find any reliable info on eibach spring rates) and soon I'll order some new springs. Reportedly the cobbs give ~1/2" up front and almost nothing out back, but they're pretty stiff. I don't carry small children and my girlfriend can deal with it or leave...whichever is fine with me. Plus I can adjust the damping on the konis except that it's completely trial and error with the rears and you have to pull them to change it...

Old 05-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

Final update for now...

Got my JBR rear sway in and put it on today. Cornering is very tight now and control seems better overall. I also put my OEM springs back in, so it's time to get into it...

I pulled the eibachs from the rear and compared them to the OEMs out of the car. The length is nearly identical, but since teh drop is so much from the eibachs it means that they're quite a bit softer than stock. This is a horrible property for a drop spring and was the main cause of all the rubbing. With the stock springs back in the rear the ride is better with the new shocks than it was with konis and eibachs, the car is completely leveled and looks amazing now (eibachs still in front) and the rubbing over a few bumps that used to cause me problems is gone. I'm still considering cobbs at some point but I"m tired of spending money on this and I'm very, very happy with the ride and handling overall. If I start to auto-x I'll upgrade the springs definitely but for now I'm content. Finally.