register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree16Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #41

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@dale_gribble; I like them. I run several things contrary to the smart guys on here, and don't think we all have to agree. For DD, I've found that the wider, the better as far as on road handling (I believe that is what you said as well). My last tire, I went with a tall, soft sidewall (too tall, rubs everywhere) and wide tread on the stock wheels in search of better straight line grip. May have worked, but I do seem to have more cornering speed.

As far as looks, I love the way these look and hate the way a 205 would have looked (probably what the experts say to mount up)..... exaggeration
 Old 02-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #42

maddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 45 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm gonna run the sumitomo z111 myself. I wanna see how they perform.
maddocx240 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #43

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All the haters just need to GTFO. This is not his race car its his driver. This setup looks great and works - not slammed or hella flush or any of that shit. Looks aggressive while still very tasteful.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to shamie For This Un-useful Post:
Neverlift (02-22-2016)
 Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #44

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been running this setup now for weeks and I really, really like it. I will say that I am not a track guy and I don't have before/after laptimes for validation. My observations are empircal.

I will say that there was no steps back compared to my last 235/40 setup. I settled on 38psi for the tires, and I like them best there. The high speed stability at the end of a 100mph+ 4th wot pull is noticeable. The car feels heavier at high speed if that makes sense. It just feels more planted and I fell more confident driving it at high speed. I don't know how else to explain it.

After a few canyon runs and high speed highway interchanges, there was no giveaway there either. It just feels super solid. The tires aren't even hinting that they are starting to get loose like before (i.e. very light squeal). I haven't noticed a change in response in recovering from one turn to another. It just goes where I tell it.

So, speaking of high speed stability, it feels more stable. In regards to turning/cornering, I don't feel that I gave anything up. Any handling changes are in the noise and outside my ability to notice.

The car did lose 1-2mpg though, and I did see about a 10whp drop in my VD runs afterwards; so the extra 3-4 pounds a corner seems to have cost a little power. IRT to 60-100 times, that works out to about a tenth of a second.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #45

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's kind of weird. I went with 245/45 18s (I know, way too big, rubs a bunch) on the stock wheels. For some reason I'm getting almost 10% improvement in mileage, not even correcting for the further than recorded distance covered.

For your 60-100 mph runs, have you tried correcting the speed for the diameter difference?
 Old 12-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #46

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reviving,
I'm looking at getting 18x8.5 +50 with those same tires but 245/40.
Based on your experience, will I have to roll with stock ride height.
One day when I decide to go lower, I'm thinking roll/pull is unavoidable.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)

Last edited by Fstrnyou; 12-08-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #47

Tye1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

To @dale_gribble ::: You sir... are my hero! Good lord almighty! I thought 255 was pushing it for the stock body! Well done and many kudo's! I will be following in those foot steps soon!
Tye1 is offline   Reply With Quote