register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dale_gribble
  • 2 Post By Ms3_Miami
  • 1 Post By dale_gribble

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     
Default Achilles ATR Sport tires - running review

Just had some 225/45R18s installed on the Speed6 out the door for $420 at lunch on a whim... I typically run Continental DWS tires as my main tire of choice. My Speed6 came with Nexen 7000s which I have never been a big fan of. I spent some time reading a bunch of forum reviews and discussions on these Achilles tires; guys seemed to overall like them for a commuter tire and some even tracked with them. It was enough to convince me to give them a shot. They are rated UTQG 400 AA A.

API is the manufacturer and/or distributor-

American Pacific Industries, Inc.

So far, they look exactly like tires. They are black and seem to be round and hold air, so from that, my review is starting out promising. I am going to update this review as I stack the miles on. This isn't a cheap tire v. expensive tire debate; these are already on my car so we are past that. They are cheap tires and I am not expecting them to hold 1g through a turn. I live in SoCal where it rains like 10 days a year and the temps never drop below 50F. I commute 20-30k miles a year so tires are basically an annual event.

Initial impression: I really like the taller 45 series over the 40 series for appearance. It's amazing what a difference an inch increase in diameter makes going from a 225/40R18 to a 225/45R18. The ride was fine, the tires were quieter than the Nexen 7000s they replaced. The tread pattern actually looks pretty nice and these tires also have the rim guard which is nice. That's all I can say for now. I will update in a few k miles.

If I don't respond in this review thread for a while, it should be assumed that the tread separated from the carcas and left me as a pool of human waste on a SoCal freeway.
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
:: Gusto :: (11-17-2012), Ms3_Miami (11-18-2012), xI Leveler Ix (01-22-2013)
 Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

Sig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

used these on my speed3 over the past spring/summer. They've been pretty great. wear hasnt been terrible either. easily another summer or 2 out of em.
Sig_Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #3

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have them on my car right now... 235/25/19 stretched on a 19x9.5

These tires got great reviews on the VIP forums.
Love these tires... Great tire for the price
 Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #4

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Excellent, guys! I was going back and forth between these, a set of Lexanis, and Lionharts. I can get these shipped to my door for $307 and installed for another $75 in the spring, so these will likely be my next summer tire...or are they technically all seasons?

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #5

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

They are supposed to be an all season and have m&s rating.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
 Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #6

Ms3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,692 Times in 1,645 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These are pretty good for the price. I needed cheap tires for DD and a friend that works at tire kigdom recomended these. I been running 225 40 18 for about 15k miles and Im impressed.They are not so cheap after all and are great for DD and some spirited driving.
Im bolted/tuned and they get decent traction in 3rd gear WOT pulls and some turns.

Im planning on getting some 17x9 rpf1's with some 245 40 17

NATOR FL
Ms3_Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am about 300 miles on these tires today. The ride is really nice; this is probably more from going to the 45 series tire from the 40 series more than the actual tire change itself but its nice nevertheless. The sidewalls of the tires held up on a few hard turns; the tires don't feel squishy at all. The tires are quiet as most new tires are. The car tracks straight and the tires feel balanced with no vibration.

My confidence in these tires is going up as I am getting more miles on them.
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Ms3_Miami (11-19-2012)
 Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #8

dubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've looked at these, and will be watching your progress, because my summers are shot and the snows are already on.

sent from god
 Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #9

Ms3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the worldMs3_Miami is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dubunderpar View Post
I've looked at these, and will be watching your progress, because my summers are shot and the snows are already on.

sent from god
for the money your gonna spend on them you got nothing to loose man.

NATOR FL
 Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #10

dubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^This is true
dubunderpar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

^This is true
If I had them in 235 or 245's they would be perfect, I wouldnt have an issue with
2nd gear being completley useless at WOT with 225's on but im sure that it would be the same on any brand 225's unless their slicks.

NATOR FL
 Old 11-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not worried about traction since I too have a ms6, but good to know.
 Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not worried about traction since I too have a ms6, but good to know.
lucky bastard lol

NATOR FL
 Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had my first high speed runs on these tires. First time, I was accelerating around a nice dry sweeping turn up to 80mph or so. The car didn't feel planted like it did on my Nexxen N3000s. It felt squishy and the car felt a little unpredictable. Later, I did some fourth gear datalog passes safely on a dry, level run. The car again felt squishy and unpredictable at the high speeds. Both times it felt unpredictable and like the car was floating a little bit.

These tires might be fine for commuting, but my confidence is not high in these tires for any kind of high speed runs right now. I am about 700 miles into the tires and I run them at 37psi.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 12-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Ms3_Miami (12-02-2012)
 Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #15

stuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the worldstuntz89 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the info and the detailed account so far. i too will be following this thread
stuntz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #16

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have over 1000 miles logged on mine already..

recently took a trip from CT--to--VA & back...

Tires were great.. minimal road noise, no issues what so ever.
I will be buying these again.

They do say they are all seasons but I was able to make them spin in the rain.. & im sure the snow isn't that much better.

here are more reviews on them from 1010tires
Achilles ATR Sport Tire Reviews (50 Reviews)
The Following User Says Thank You to :: Gusto :: For This Useful Post:
Ms3_Miami (12-03-2012)
 Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you done any higher speed stuff on your tires yet? What size are you running? @:: Gusto ::
 Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #18

Sig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

these suck cocks in the snow btw. ive done some highspeed stuff with thse and they felt great to me.
Sig_Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sig_Nasty For This Useful Post:
Ms3_Miami (12-03-2012)
 Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
Have you done any higher speed stuff on your tires yet? What size are you running? @:: Gusto ::
yes... only on the highway.. nothing through turns...

I've since swapped these out for winter rollers as of 11.26...
 Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #20

tokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant futuretokoam has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for this thread i just picked up a set 225 45 18 my self im still sporting the stock rims from my Gen 1 my old tires were 225/45R-18 Dunlop SP Sport Signature XL ill let you know how they work out for me.
tokoam is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have about 2500 miles on my set now. They did ok in some heavy rains. Though I wasn't pushing the car, I didn't feel it hydroplane either. I had reasonable confidence in the rain driving safely on the tires (10MPH under speed limit).

I have been making some hard corners on the tires lately (turning from road to on ramps)... It's funny (or not). The tires don't even squeal when they begin losing traction; they just break loose and 'hop'. These tires are not 'sticky' by any stretch of the imagination. They don't squeal to let you know they are losing grip. They just let go. This tire either has full traction or it doesn't; there is no in between.

My buddy has the same tire on his 12 MS3 and shares similar thoughts.

After a few thousand miles, I still think they are 100% worth the price, but they aren't anything even remotely spectacular. They are a good cheap, hard, high mileage commuter tire. They aren't bad enough that I won't drive them down close to treadwear limits before replacing them. However, I won't replace them with these tires again.

I wouldn't recommend these for a spirited driver. I would recommend them for a commuter that likes to have fun... sometimes...
:: Gusto :: likes this.

Spectrix (04-27-2015)
 Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm interested in their longevity, because they would be a commuter tire for me.
 Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
I have about 2500 miles on my set now. They did ok in some heavy rains. Though I wasn't pushing the car, I didn't feel it hydroplane either. I had reasonable confidence in the rain driving safely on the tires (10MPH under speed limit).

I have been making some hard corners on the tires lately (turning from road to on ramps)... It's funny (or not). The tires don't even squeal when they begin losing traction; they just break loose and 'hop'. These tires are not 'sticky' by any stretch of the imagination. They don't squeal to let you know they are losing grip. They just let go. This tire either has full traction or it doesn't; there is no in between.

My buddy has the same tire on his 12 MS3 and shares similar thoughts.

After a few thousand miles, I still think they are 100% worth the price, but they aren't anything even remotely spectacular. They are a good cheap, hard, high mileage commuter tire. They aren't bad enough that I won't drive them down close to treadwear limits before replacing them. However, I won't replace them with these tires again.

I wouldn't recommend these for a spirited driver. I would recommend them for a commuter that likes to have fun... sometimes...
Idk about the squealing. Cause mine squeal when I go in a little too hot on a turn. I drive pretty spirited and they are not that bad. The nankangs that I bought my car with where worse then these.

I have about 30k miles on them. 20k miles were with 300whp and about 500 miles with 315whp on E85.They held pretty good and I shred them in every 2nd-3rd pulls. They still have about 10k miles left on them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
:: Gusto :: and bhamitgeek like this.

NATOR FL
 Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update... I'm about 5k miles deep on these tires now. They have grown on me. They actually have more grip now then they did new. The tread and/or sidewall seem to have softened up a bit and now give the car better lateral traction. The tires squeal on hard turns instead of the hopping I experienced before.

Usually performance tires feel best to me right when they are installed. These needed some break-in time first I guess. Ride is fine and noise level is fine.
bhamitgeek likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
:: Gusto :: (01-23-2013), Ms3_Miami (01-25-2013), xI Leveler Ix (01-22-2013)
 Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #25

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Where you pick them up? And how is the wear after 5k? Any way to measure the tread depth?
UnknownSuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by UnknownSuperhero View Post
Where you pick them up? And how is the wear after 5k? Any way to measure the tread depth?
I picked them up at Bear's Tire in Miramar. I am in no way affiliated with these guys, but the work was fast and ok-

Bear's Tires, Inc. | New and Used Tires | San Diego, California

The tires are listed as 10/32" depth new (.3125"). I measured my tires in a few places with calipers and measured between .270" and .280" tread depth on all points, so they are between 86%-90% tread remaining.

UnknownSuperhero (01-22-2013)
 Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #27

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Right on, thanks bud!
UnknownSuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I changed tires so my review here officially ends. The tires are so-so. I am not sure if I would recommend them or not. I would recommend them if you bought them expecting to go from point a to b many times and put light duty miles on them. If you want to play around on them and push the car around in a spirited manner, I can't recommend these. They just don't have the hold other tires do and I never felt completely confident on them.

If someone else has had these installed, please pick up the torch and keep a running review going.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #29

miklo13 is infamous around these parts
Groaned at 22 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know which one to get the Achilles or federal tires

which one do u think i should get

Last edited by miklo13; 04-24-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
miklo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Neither

sent from god
 Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #31

jasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the worldjasper is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did the tires only last 6 months, Nov to April? I'm in need of tires but am on a limited budget. I'm running over 300 hp but 80% of my driving is commuting. I'm thinking of dropping from 215/45/18 to 235/40/18 on stock 18 X 7, any comments? Thx
TWM Short shifter and bushings, Rallysport mud flaps, 5%tint all around, 55 w 8000 k fogs, low and high beams.
Led 6000 k switchbacks, Led reverse and turn signals. 18 X 8 45 offset w/245/40's, Raceland Coil overs
jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #32

jrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the worldjrho is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're probably pushing your luck with a 235 on the stock wheel. I have 225/40/18 on my stock wheels and I wouldn't want to go any wider.
jrho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jrho For This Useful Post:
Ms3_Miami (06-06-2013)
 Old 08-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

well ... I took the tires to VA & back again in July.. I must say... they handle better now that they have a bit of wear on them..

still like these tires.
 Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #34

90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dale

I have my stock Gen 2 MS3 wheels on my Mazda 5. It needs a set of new tires. My question was size.

My Mazda5 has the Hankook Ventus 225/40/18 on it, and I was thinking of going to the 225/45/18.

Did you notice how off the speedo was and any MPG differences with the extra sidewall?
90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My buddy went to the 225/45R18s on his Gen 2 MS3 and didn't care for it. He felt that the car lost some response working through the gears. The 225/45R18 is about .5" taller if I remember correctly. That's on an MS3 though, not a 5.

Honestly, I would use the stock tire size on the Mazda 5 as the guide and get as close to the OD of the stock tire as possible (go as wide as you care to though).

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/achilles-atr-sport-tires-running-review-130478/
Posted By For Type Date
RX-8 UK Owners Club ? View topic - cheap tyres? This thread Refback 01-17-2015 07:04 AM
RX8 Owners Club ? View topic - cheap tyres? This thread Refback 04-25-2014 02:27 AM