register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #1

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Anyone try these Riken or NanKang tires?

I'm going to need a new set of tires soon and I like to not cough up a lot of money... I can get a set of these for cheaper than one of the stockers...

Any thoughts? Never heard of the company before, but they've gotten decent reviews....

OnlineTires.com - Buy Tires and Wheels Online. Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone Tires.
or
OnlineTires.com - Buy Tires and Wheels Online. Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone Tires.
BlackMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,994 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

First time ive heard of them.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I may be the first.... the reviews are fairly decent... I'd like a cheap tire that won't wear as fast and the Riken's have the same ratings as the stocker including the W speed rating....and they are actually made by Michelin.

Only thing is, most of these tires don't come in the stock size... will a 225/40R18 fit?
 Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #4

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,611 Times in 442 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, but it's kind of a tight squeeze on the stock rims. Discount will mount them for you tho.
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Stock is just plain, gay.
SLS MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you running that size on your RX8 wheels?

I need to pick up some of those!!!

And from my experience, no one will touch my wheels to mount any tires except the shady mexican shop down the road.... no one wants to be liable for messing up the powder.... I went to probably 10 different shops trying to get tires mounted.
 Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #6

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i had 225's on my old stock tires,no issues
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grim For This Useful Post:
BlackMS3 (04-13-2008)
 Old 04-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #7

SLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the worldSLS MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,611 Times in 442 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlackMS3 View Post
Are you running that size on your RX8 wheels?

I need to pick up some of those!!!

And from my experience, no one will touch my wheels to mount any tires except the shady mexican shop down the road.... no one wants to be liable for messing up the powder.... I went to probably 10 different shops trying to get tires mounted.
Yeah, that's the size I have on the RX8s. If you don't want to use the shady mexican shop, I know someone that can do it at Discount. I'm sure my paint was more likely to flake off from mounting than your powder coating.
Cobb AP · MS CAI w/ AEM Straightener · Cobb Turbo Inlet · Cobb FMIC · Black HKS SSQV (recirc) · PG Exhaust Manifold · Corksport Downpipe · Vibrant Exhaust
mrlilguy CDFP · Denso ITV22s plugs · Cobb STS, Shift Knob, & Shifter Weight · F2 Balance Shaft Delete & Oil Baffle

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Stock is just plain, gay.
SLS MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SLS MS3 For This Useful Post:
BlackMS3 (04-13-2008)
 Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #8

yup24z is a jewel in the roughyup24z is a jewel in the roughyup24z is a jewel in the roughyup24z is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ran the NSII's on my 03 SRT4 for 20k miles. They held up great. No complaints!

Stock Dyno: 227hp/241tq

Dyno w/ Cobb SRI/Corksport DP/TXS RP/MBC @ 18psi- 279hp/315tq
yup24z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yup24z For This Useful Post:
BlackMS3 (04-13-2008)
 Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #9

det_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,118 Times in 72 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i used to sell them they are completely junk tires. the Nankangs arent even Z-Rated and the Rikens are so beyond junk that the rating doesnt matter. if you are going to spend money on tires dont be cheap. trust me it will be worth it to spend extra money on tires. tires and brakes are definitely one area you dont want to skip out on. stoping and traction and way too important.

i would go with the general UHP's if you want a decent midrange tire or the toyo proxes 4's before even thinking about either of those brands. just trust me on this. 6 years in the wheel and tire biz and counting and i wouldnt think about those. i only sold those to really big cheap skates or kids with junk wheels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to det_ms3 For This Useful Post:
mazpro (04-22-2008), Zeya (04-14-2008)
 Old 04-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #10

det_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the worlddet_ms3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I may be the first.... the reviews are fairly decent... I'd like a cheap tire that won't wear as fast and the Riken's have the same ratings as the stocker including the W speed rating....and they are actually made by Michelin.

Only thing is, most of these tires don't come in the stock size... will a 225/40R18 fit?
oh yea and just cause michelin made it doesnt mean its a good tire. their low end private label stuff is junk. just junk. same with anything in the low end goodyear private labels like kelly and theres a few others i cant think of right now. but cheap tires are never good if can afford a little more i'd go with a midrange like i said. you won't be disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to det_ms3 For This Useful Post:
BlackMS3 (04-14-2008)
 Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

oh yea one thing i didnt see here was the 225 40 question. I'm running them no problem. if you went to 235-245 it might be tight. i don't know what the exact clearance is there yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to det_ms3 For This Useful Post:
BlackMS3 (04-15-2008)
 Old 07-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
I'm an F-18, bro.

hyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the worldhyun is the leader of the world
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh yea and also... oh nvm.

lol jk.
hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #13

jweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant futurejweller has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had pretty good experience with Kumhos. For a budget tire they are pretty damn good.
jweller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #14
The Angry Goose

Hectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,052 Times in 584 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the Nankangs. Handled pretty good, good for road noise, and wore better than expected. For the price, they are pretty damn good.

Someone mentioned the Toyo Proxe 4s. Had those too. They handle pretty good too, road noise is good, but they like to spin. No traction from a stop with decent power.

As far as cheaper tires look at Kuhmo. Had 2 sets on my Evo and loved both. The only thing is they get REALLY noisy when they are wearing down.

2014 Mazda 3

2008 Mazdaspeed3-SOLD

1979 Mazda Rx7
Hectik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I picked up a set of Kuhmo SPT's a fews weeks ago.... they still seem a bit traction delinquent though....
 Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #16

ChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,390 Times in 143 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you might can get neogens for that price. I bought some a while back for some 17s and paid $245 for 4 at a local warehouse
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #17

Lymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the worldLymerock is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,483 Times in 221 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I picked up a set of Kuhmo SPT's a fews weeks ago.... they still seem a bit traction delinquent though....

grab a set of bridgestone re-01r's or the dunlop direzza dz-1 which comes in some nice wide sizes
not cheap, but much better dry grip than the spt's or anything that Kumho sells for that matter
Lymerock is offline   Reply With Quote