register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #1

romano1990 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default build finished time for wheels

Hi all, just finished building my engine. Now time for some rims to take the power. Engine is fully built from bottom to top. Head works, longer rods shorter piston, head flowed etc. Gtx35r ewg. Every bolt on etc. Now I wanted some wider wheels but not run the rice look. I need something that will grab but not rub. I keep reading 18x9.5 with 215 tires and Honda style camber. I have 17x8.5 was planning on running some fat rubber for now. Just trying to figure out what I should do. Wanted a sq fitment. Wide wheels. No rubs. Something that'll grab. Will be shooting between 5-600 with fuel being my limiting factor. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
romano1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #2

mr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,427 Times in 647 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How do you plan putting power down with a 215?

I have 245s and I slip in 4th if I mash hard enough lol
 Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mr.speedy3 View Post
How do you plan putting power down with a 215?

I have 245s and I slip in 4th if I mash hard enough lol
Lol exactly. I don't want to run the ricer setup that's why I need advice. Do I go,wide or do I go thin No homo !lol
Maybe just run my 17s n rub some fatty on there
 Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #4

nilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by romano1990 View Post
I keep reading 18x9.5 with 215 tires and Honda style camber
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

P.S> If you have 8.5" rim you can even run 255 wide tires. Tires and rims all depend on what you want to do with the car
nilashish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #5

mr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,427 Times in 647 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nilashish View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

P.S> If you have 8.5" rim you can even run 255 wide tires. Tires and rims all depend on what you want to do with the car
255 would be bad ass. I run 245 and think its pretty wide on my 8.5" wheels.

I realllly want to snag some 17s and get a beefy tire. But just bought a set of NT05s lol

OP, get NT05s, I run 245/40/18 on a 8.5 with no rolling up front, rear fenders were rolled though.
I'm also lowered on Koni yellows + H&R springs.

Also, I have a gen1, gen2/speed6 is most likely a little different.

Edit, do you have an AP and fuel internals? Since you're new to the site I am curious.
 Old 08-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #6

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

18x8.5et45 with 245s works on MS6.
But asking about 215s on 9.5 IDK, maybe go research cause that is stupid.
MS6 - BNRs3 - Cobb AP - JBR Tru-3.0 - Spearco FMIC - MAC EBCS - Synapse BOV - DNP - CPE DP->MF - SU RRM - TTFMM - TT + CPE Diff Mounts - Mrlilguy HPFP - Projector HID fogs - TSX projector retrofit - LI jammers - Advan RZs w/ 245 PSSs - Koni - WL RSB
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #7

nilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mr.speedy3 View Post
255 would be bad ass. I run 245 and think its pretty wide on my 8.5" wheels.

I realllly want to snag some 17s and get a beefy tire. But just bought a set of NT05s lol

OP, get NT05s, I run 245/40/18 on a 8.5 with no rolling up front, rear fenders were rolled though.
I'm also lowered on Koni yellows + H&R springs.

Also, I have a gen1, gen2/speed6 is most likely a little different.

Edit, do you have an AP and fuel internals? Since you're new to the site I am curious.
Yeah would love to run 17x9 rpf1s but I know they will require some work. As much as I would love to buy them want to invest in some driver mods
nilashish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Edit, do you have an AP and fuel internals? Since you're new to the site I am curious.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have the Cobb, Autotech fuel pump internals, grimspeed intake mani, ported throttle body, cpe fmic, cpe injector seals, grim boost solenoid, n2 downpipe, magnaflow catback cat delete, was on a 3.5gal e85 tune when I blew the motor at 165mph.

current build.
Pauter rods with cut crank, cpe pistons stage 2, head work, bigger valves etc.
ACT stage 4 clutch with upgraded pressure plate incl flywheel.
GTX35R bolt on ewg kit
The shop whos putting the car altogether keeps telling me to run wide rims but I don't want Russell Brand tires on it. Wanted to run a fatter beefier tire but lost lol
 Old 09-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #9

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

215.45.17 on a 9" wide rim isn't to bad...

9.5 w/ a 215... is ehh...