register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #1

Joshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Destroyed my Rota Tarmac 3 :(

So I was driving to work on I-25 today and going bout 80 mph in the fast lane with everyone else and all of a sudden this lovely piece of wood dont know what damn size a 2x2??? was in the middle of the road and didnt have much room to swerve because of the wall and a car on the other side.. Anyways I hit that shit HARD. To the point my rearview mirror was showing me my shifter lol. I pulled over immediately as my dash was lit up all over the place beeping at me. Get a police report filed since there were 3 other cars there 4 including me that had either hit it or got in an accident avoiding it. Got a flat bed and towed back to my apartment Took the rim off an axle and stuff looks okay for now I'll see.

BIG THANKS TO ROADRUNNR6 (Crystal and Joe) for the spare rim and Jack for coming out and helping as well.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #2

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damm i read another thread that said these wheels are weak.
 Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #3

Joshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to beholdJoshj84 is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol I'll tell ya what if I had hit that wood with ANY rim it woulda caused damage there's no way it wouldn't. Except maybe those 2k rims but you know what I mean.
 Old 05-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #4

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,465 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damns!! glad you're alright
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,994 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Wow man, you are lucky you didnt loose it left or right!

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I got some of those crazy driving skills This cars torque steer makes you learn to grip that steering wheel hard sometimes and hold on for yer life lol...
 Old 05-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #7

ZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't let this incident fool anyone into think Rota wheels are "weak."

I've owned 3 different sets of Rotas over the past 5 years - including the set on my Speed3 now - and I've never had any unusual or suspicious bent/broken wheels.

and I've hit plenty of decent potholes!
ZooZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world

I ran over a rock about a month ago... it chipped my left rear wheel on the lip. Ive pretty pissed.

An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
 Old 05-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #9

ZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to allZooZoom is a name known to all
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Peace.

I'm not saying that Rota wheels are indestructible or immune to rash, just that my experience has been that they can "take it" as well as any other wheel that I've owned.

I can say that my short-term experience with a set of 5Zeigen wheels suggested they would rash/bend if you scrubbed them too hard with a toothbrush.
ZooZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
Eatin' Your Tuna

I almost got 5Z's but i was torn with having a 18X8 wheel.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #11

Radar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the world
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wow a piece of wood...i've seen damage like that due to concrete and actual medal objects but never done by wood...WOW...i've seen wheels do this because of temper issues as well...
Radar_This is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #12

ChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the worldChrisK is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,390 Times in 143 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

rota wheel being weak is a big misconception. When rota first came out years ago they were total junk. But they have started using good quality molds and metals and make a pretty damn good wheel.

I have also bent a few wheels myself. I also hit a piece of wood in the interstate and destroyed a rota slipstream. I have also hit a huge pot hole and destroyed an Axis Reverb.

Wood in roads suck haha. Glad your ok.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote