register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yahdy Ras

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Banned

Yahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 3
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Eibach Pro Spacers

Thinking of getting the 5mm versions to shift my rx8 offset from 52mm to 47mm. Anyone think ill have problems? I just want to push the tires out a tad.

2008 Mazda 3 Eibach Wheel Spacers, Eibach Spacers, Wheel Spacer

Yahdy Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,369 Times in 6,958 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was thinking of using the same spacers on the stock wheels. I hate that sunken in look they have. You might be close to rubbing.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #3

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do it man, you'll be fine. anything can be done with a little finagling!
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 05:41 AM   #4

builthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by madvillain View Post
do it man, you'll be fine. anything can be done with a little finagling!
i asked about this a few times...people bitched and moaned about creating issues with suspension geometry, weird loads on hubs, etc....

and all i asked is if someone did it before, lol.

the main thing is, looking at your picture there, that doesn't look like a 52 offset! my stock ms3 wheels look sunken in alot more than your rx-8 wheels...

my car is lowered more though, and the negative camber brings the wheels in a bit even more because of the inward top lean, but still....weird.

anyway, i measured that 10mm is what i'll need. eibach includes new wheel studs too AFAIK...they always have. i am unsure if you'd need to change the studs for 5mm, i doubt it. to be honest, it already looks like your wheels are positioned perfectly.

i got mine in the past from aaron aka (elbartorex on here) at JSCspeed.com

***week old AP FOR SALE!!!! click here*** SOLD SOLD SOLD
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Banned

Yahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to beholdYahdy Ras is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
i asked about this a few times...people bitched and moaned about creating issues with suspension geometry, weird loads on hubs, etc....

and all i asked is if someone did it before, lol.

the main thing is, looking at your picture there, that doesn't look like a 52 offset! my stock ms3 wheels look sunken in alot more than your rx-8 wheels...

my car is lowered more though, and the negative camber brings the wheels in a bit even more because of the inward top lean, but still....weird.

anyway, i measured that 10mm is what i'll need. eibach includes new wheel studs too AFAIK...they always have. i am unsure if you'd need to change the studs for 5mm, i doubt it. to be honest, it already looks like your wheels are positioned perfectly.

i got mine in the past from aaron aka (elbartorex on here) at JSCspeed.com

Mine sit further out cuz I have 8" compared to your stock 7.5" wheels. These are RX8s and are 52mm offset, im sure of it. I also have rear camber kit so my wheels for sure have less camber than yours which also pushes it out a bit more.

I like the eibachs cuz they come with the studs. What is AFAIK? I admit the wheels are almost flush but i just want it a bit more, maybe 5mm all around will be fine. What did u get from Aaron? Spacers?
carbon974 likes this.
 Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the only thing i would make sure is that you have enough bite with the lugs afterwards. if not get new studs
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
the only thing i would make sure is that you have enough bite with the lugs afterwards. if not get new studs
The eibach kit comes with studs. U bolt it on to your stock studs and use the studs on the other end of the spacer to bolt up the wheels.
 Old 12-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #8

builthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond reputebuilthatch has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yahdy Ras View Post
Mine sit further out cuz I have 8" compared to your stock 7.5" wheels. These are RX8s and are 52mm offset, im sure of it. I also have rear camber kit so my wheels for sure have less camber than yours which also pushes it out a bit more.

I like the eibachs cuz they come with the studs. What is AFAIK? I admit the wheels are almost flush but i just want it a bit more, maybe 5mm all around will be fine. What did u get from Aaron? Spacers?
ahh, makes sense then! .5 wider, but at the same offset of the ms3 wheels would def be more flush than mine.

"afaik" means "as far as i know" ; )

here is the deal with the studs....

eibach has the system you are talking about ONLY for 15mm and up, so, 15mm/20mm/25mm spacer kits for the MS3 have the studs in the spacer, and you bolt the spacer to the hub, and bolt the wheel to the spacer. simple. the spacers smaller than 15, the 5mm and 10mm, do NOT have this system, and in fact include new studs to hammer into your hubs.

something like this-

90.4.15.002.1 - 15mm, studded spacer
90.4.20.005.1 - 20mm, studded spacer
90.4.25.021.1 - 25mm, studded spacer
90.5.05.031.1 - 5mm, replace factory studs with included studs
90.6.10.005.1 - 10mm, replace factory studs with included studs

the giveaway is the "4" "5" or "6" in the part number. 4 are the easy ones, and 5/6 are the hard ones.

yeah, Aaron works for an eibach distributor and is very familiar with the mazdaspeed3. he's got access to the spacers.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #9

wisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dont go more than 10 mm
wisniaPl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
ahh, makes sense then! .5 wider, but at the same offset of the ms3 wheels would def be more flush than mine.

"afaik" means "as far as i know" ; )

here is the deal with the studs....

eibach has the system you are talking about ONLY for 15mm and up, so, 15mm/20mm/25mm spacer kits for the MS3 have the studs in the spacer, and you bolt the spacer to the hub, and bolt the wheel to the spacer. simple. the spacers smaller than 15, the 5mm and 10mm, do NOT have this system, and in fact include new studs to hammer into your hubs.

something like this-

90.4.15.002.1 - 15mm, studded spacer
90.4.20.005.1 - 20mm, studded spacer
90.4.25.021.1 - 25mm, studded spacer
90.5.05.031.1 - 5mm, replace factory studs with included studs
90.6.10.005.1 - 10mm, replace factory studs with included studs

the giveaway is the "4" "5" or "6" in the part number. 4 are the easy ones, and 5/6 are the hard ones.

yeah, Aaron works for an eibach distributor and is very familiar with the mazdaspeed3. he's got access to the spacers.
Oooooo thanks for the great info! Which ones did you get from aaron? I thought it was the type with the studs in it, i was wondering how that would work being that its only 5mm. The method for the 5mm and 10mm sound like PITA...cant i just slide a 5mm spacer over my exiting studs? Wheel dude sells 5mm spaces without studs.
 Old 12-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yahdy Ras View Post
Oooooo thanks for the great info! Which ones did you get from aaron? I thought it was the type with the studs in it, i was wondering how that would work being that its only 5mm. The method for the 5mm and 10mm sound like PITA...cant i just slide a 5mm spacer over my exiting studs? Wheel dude sells 5mm spaces without studs.
eibach is the type of company to give you exactly what you need, even if you don't necessarily 100% need it. wheel dude spacers...not so sure. all i'm saying is.......the 5mm 'should' be ok without swapping studs

but...

a long time ago, i got spacers for a ferrari that had aftermarket wheels, and the company that was going to sell me the wheel bolts, otis inc in LA, told me a number of engaged threads that would dictate whether or not you needed new pieces. for the life of me i can't remember the recommendation. you might want to email sales@OtisIncLA.com and ask what the minimum suggested thread engagement is...

Old 12-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
Banned

Cherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond reputeCherryspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't run more than a 3mm spacer on the stock lug length.
It is not that hard to replace the studs (just some work with the rubber mallet) so might as well avoid any issues and swap them out.
Plus you could tell people you modded your wheel studs....lol!
Cherryspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
Banned

Buildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 576 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 274 Times in 187 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

make it a 45mm offset =)
Buildabong is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #14
The Angry Goose

Hectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,052 Times in 584 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got 3mm spacers on my car. Definitely wouldn't run anything bigger without replacing the studs.

2014 Mazda 3

2008 Mazdaspeed3-SOLD

1979 Mazda Rx7
Hectik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SilverSpeed3 View Post
I got 3mm spacers on my car. Definitely wouldn't run anything bigger without replacing the studs.
Where did you get them? And how much were they?
 Old 05-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whats the point of just doing 3mm?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
babcockxmx (05-02-2009)
 Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,291 Times in 592 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you'd use 3mm if you just need a little more room to clear your coilovers like i need.
xcoldricex is offline   Reply With Quote