register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #41

Gibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the worldGibbo is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Really should have asked all these questions in the 1 post, but what's the offset difference? Really thinking I'll end up getting a set of these.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #42

3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world3Gee Tee is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,081 Times in 723 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 32 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Really should have asked all these questions in the 1 post, but what's the offset difference? Really thinking I'll end up getting a set of these.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
Gen1 offset = +52.5

X offset = +38

'08 Speed3 - Cobb sri/cp-e rmm/18x8 RX-8 rims (DynoJet @ 254 whp/295 wtq)
'99 Miata - Ground Control coilovers/Bilstein Sports/Racing Beat F&R sway bars/Go Miata strut tower brace/Jackson Racing header/MSM muffler/15x7 Kudo Racing wheels
3Gee Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3Gee Tee For This Useful Post:
cyber-ms3 (03-08-2013), Gibbo (03-09-2013)
 Old 03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #43

mshabelm will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys, I've been riding on my Evo X wheels for over 15k miles and I love them. Have the rear fenders rolled and the bumper bracket shaved. THe entire time I've been riding on slightly stretched OEM (215/45R18) size tires since they were still in good shape ever since I got the wheels.

Recently I started having tire pressure issues, one wheel in particular was giving me the most issues since I had to constantly add pressure once every three to four days. It turns out the grommet for TPMS valve stem was cracked, and the washer was bent. Remaining three deflate at a lower rate, but deflate nontheless.
I transfered all OEM TMPS sensors onto EVO wheels which I'm now not so sure was the right thing to do. Do you guys have any tire pressure issues with stock TMPS on these wheels?

Also planning to go to 235/40R18, I'm hoping the right fit tire will prevent these slow air leaks, but I'm also curious on Mazda to EVO X TPMS fitment. Thanks.
mshabelm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #44
Banned

speed3sven has a spectacular aura aboutspeed3sven has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought mine with tires, TMPS, and what was supposed to be the right lugs for 680 off craigslist. I wasn't the biggest fan of the stretch as I'm running 205/35s i think, but the only other option at the time was the oem 245s but I don't think that those would've worked with a drop. I think for my next set I am going to go for 225 or 235. After driving on the stretched tires though, I do not mind it that much because I have the oem wheels for the canyon or whatever. Also with a roll all around I rubbed for the first time up front the other day on a nice long sweeping right on ramp
speed3sven is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #45

NICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm running 215/45 on evo X wheels for now. Stock tpms. No issues. I had my tpms rebuilt at discount tire. I'm going with a wider summer tire though once it warms up..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
09 MS3: Cobb AP; Autotech HPFP; HTP 3" Intake; CP-E TMIC; GFB Respons; NGK Iridium IX; M2 Catless DP; TurboXS cbe; JBR 88a; JBR SSP; Ralco RZ STS; Aeroforce Interceptor; Defi Red Racer; Racelands v2(until I have issues); SPC camber arms; 18x8.75 +35; 215/40/18; Freek Tune; 50/50 Corn
NICKELL666 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #46

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So is the consensus that we use our mazda oem TPMS and just rebuild it on the new wheel?
cyber-ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #47

Matrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,882 Times in 735 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cyber-ms3 View Post
So is the consensus that we use our mazda oem TPMS and just rebuild it on the new wheel?
thats what i did with mine. I bought my tires at discount tire and brought my wheels over to them to have them mounted and balanced and they pulled the tpms sensors off my stock oem wheels and put them on the evo x wheels for $20. Works perfectly fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 MS3 Sport, gtx3071r, Full-Race Exhaust Manifold, SP PNP Intake Manifold, SP 88mm Pistons 9:5:1, Manley H Beam Rods, 10mm H11 Head Studs, ARP Main Studs, 4" HTP TIP + Small Battery Tray, 3 Bar MAP, Grimmspeed ECBS, CP-E FMIC, CP-E DP, CP-E Nexus CBE, Tokay Injector Seals, CP-E RMM, SU PMM, TRZ TMM, PTP FP Internals, DCR VVT, JBrone Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, HKS SSQV, ITV22, DIY Perm Plate with dual OCC, Corksport Radiator Shroud, Southbend Stage 3 Clutch, DO Stage 2 Meth D10, Evo X Wheels, 245/40-18 Nitto NT05, Koni Sports + H&R Springs **463whp/409lb-ft via Mustang Dyno as of 3/28/14**

**9/19/13** Zoom Zoom Boom ** Currently Rebuilding with goal of 475whp
**11/19/13** Forged engine built and started up the car for the first time, success!
**3/28/14** Dyno results from build 463whp / 409lb-ft Mustang Dyno
**6/24/15** Sold the Mazdaspeed 3
**7/4/15** Purchased 2015 F150 Ecoboost Lariat FX4 with Sport Package
Matrix311 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix311 For This Useful Post:
cyber-ms3 (03-20-2013)
 Old 03-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #48

mshabelm will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

So a little update on my side. Removed the problematic TPMS and discovered that the washer which seats the rubber grommet is deformed around TPMS housing. Anyone who transferred TPMS themselves have ever seen this deformation? The grommet is in fact damaged either due to deformation or over-tightening of the bolt. See attached pics.

So now I'm running without TPMS on one wheel with a generic valve stem and guess what? I'm still leaking air on that one wheel. I'm starting to think that the problem is not just TPMS but also the tire stretch. I drive aggressively at times and possibly during hard cornering, the tire tends to unseat itself...either its because its already an old tire or it may not have been installed properly in the first place. What do you guys think? I want my current tires to last for at least three more months. I will be buying 235/40R18 tires soon...hope the issue will go away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tpms4.JPG (38.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg tpms3.JPG (23.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg tpms2.JPG (43.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg tpms1.JPG (39.3 KB, 28 views)
mshabelm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #49
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Luckily mine came with the tpms sensors so that was one less worry; as for the aggressive driving, I dont know if thats the issue cause I hit the canyon the other night and had rubbing issues before traction issues and they held air after. Still dont like to drive hard on the stretch though, I feel like the lip is going to rub on the ground
 Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #50

Will915 has a spectacular aura aboutWill915 has a spectacular aura aboutWill915 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your car is so clean. I hope to get mine there one day. Was going to go with some black wheels, might look in this direction now.
Will915 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #51

turbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright so let me recap just so I'm clear for when I put my evo x enkeis on.
#1 use oem evo lugs or shank lugs
#2 use your oem Mazda studs
#3 if you're dropped roll/shave fenders
#4 also if you want to stay dropper without rub run 225s or lower
#5 proper tpms install

I have some evo x wheels I'm putting on my car. Plan on running 225/40s on bc coils. Not supper dropped and trying to obviously avoid all rubbing without running too much camber. Guess I need to pick up some lugs now.
GT30R | Tial 38mm wastegate | HTP 3.5" intake | Corksport DP | BC Coilovers | JBR Camber Arms |JBR Trillogy Mounts | JBR OCC | Turbosmart Dual Port | Treadstone TR11 FMIC | Autotech HPFP Internals | NGK 2 stage colder plugs | Custom Straight Pipe | EVO X wheels
TUNED BY LEX
BROLO IS THE MOTTO BRO Movement
turbo toshi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo toshi For This Useful Post:
kaprikorn (10-08-2014)
 Old 04-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #52

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Neutral  +1 score     

Um..with regards to #3 , my understanding is that regardless of being dropped or not if one would want to run 235 or more width tires then they need to roll/shave. With regards to #4 , I think some members here that are running EVO wheels and are dropped and are rolled/shaved run more than 225 without issues.
 Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #53

turbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the worldturbo toshi is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

cool. I would really like to run 235s. Pretty sure I can run 235 35s on it. I have a used tire shop that hooks me up and I planned on test fitting some tires then buying a new set of what ever I like.
GT30R | Tial 38mm wastegate | HTP 3.5" intake | Corksport DP | BC Coilovers | JBR Camber Arms |JBR Trillogy Mounts | JBR OCC | Turbosmart Dual Port | Treadstone TR11 FMIC | Autotech HPFP Internals | NGK 2 stage colder plugs | Custom Straight Pipe | EVO X wheels
TUNED BY LEX
 Old 04-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #54
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If anyone happens to run into a stud problem, I have some leftovers that the dealer won't take since I did not return them within a certain period of time
 Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #55
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by turbo toshi View Post
Alright so let me recap just so I'm clear for when I put my evo x enkeis on.
#1 use oem evo lugs or shank lugs
#2 use your oem Mazda studs
#3 if you're dropped roll/shave fenders
#4 also if you want to stay dropper without rub run 225s or lower
#5 proper tpms install

I have some evo x wheels I'm putting on my car. Plan on running 225/40s on bc coils. Not supper dropped and trying to obviously avoid all rubbing without running too much camber. Guess I need to pick up some lugs now.
If you don't already have the lugs, I got mine from an ebay store called tuneshop i believe. Got the black ones and I think they look better than the chrome imo.
 Old 04-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speed3sven View Post
If you don't already have the lugs, I got mine from an ebay store called tuneshop i believe. Got the black ones and I think they look better than the chrome imo.
Ok thanks. I have to pick a set up.
TUNED BY LEX
 Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #57

spals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the worldspals is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone used the stock mitsu TPMS sensors? I checked on Rock Auto and there is a generic TPMS that shows up for both the Evo X and the Speed so I'm assuming we use the same frequency. If so, what did you have to do to get them to sync? When I replaced the TPMS on my old 3Sport I had to do some procedure involving the brake.

Also, when you roll you front fenders what happens with the splash guard?
SBC Stage 2 Daily, JBR RSB, Koni Yellow, Konig Miligrams 18x8.5, Nitto NT-05 245/45
Spalsbuilt-Freektuned
spals is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #58

Matrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,882 Times in 735 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by turbo toshi View Post
Ok thanks. I have to pick a set up.
I reused my tpms sensors from my oem stock wheels and transfered them to the evo wheels. You can find oem sensors on ebay for cheap. Regarding the splash guard It will need to be trimmed with a razer blade when the front is rolled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 MS3 Sport, gtx3071r, Full-Race Exhaust Manifold, SP PNP Intake Manifold, SP 88mm Pistons 9:5:1, Manley H Beam Rods, 10mm H11 Head Studs, ARP Main Studs, 4" HTP TIP + Small Battery Tray, 3 Bar MAP, Grimmspeed ECBS, CP-E FMIC, CP-E DP, CP-E Nexus CBE, Tokay Injector Seals, CP-E RMM, SU PMM, TRZ TMM, PTP FP Internals, DCR VVT, JBrone Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, HKS SSQV, ITV22, DIY Perm Plate with dual OCC, Corksport Radiator Shroud, Southbend Stage 3 Clutch, DO Stage 2 Meth D10, Evo X Wheels, 245/40-18 Nitto NT05, Koni Sports + H&R Springs **463whp/409lb-ft via Mustang Dyno as of 3/28/14**

**9/19/13** Zoom Zoom Boom ** Currently Rebuilding with goal of 475whp
**11/19/13** Forged engine built and started up the car for the first time, success!
**3/28/14** Dyno results from build 463whp / 409lb-ft Mustang Dyno
**6/24/15** Sold the Mazdaspeed 3
**7/4/15** Purchased 2015 F150 Ecoboost Lariat FX4 with Sport Package
Matrix311 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrix311 For This Useful Post:
spals (04-07-2014)
 Old 04-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #59

Sinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond reputeSinister_Speed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

How many people run theses without TPMS? Is the only downside the warning light on the dash?
Sinister_Speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Rolling the fronts? I thought only the rears have to be rolled.