register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #81

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3 View Post
doesn't nitto have an NT-05 now? pretty sure it came out recently.
Yes they do.

...and if I decide not to spring for RE-11s next time around, I may be giving them a try.
Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #82
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i need tires bad and like everyone says the azenis are great, but i'm gonna be giving the nitto invos a try. gonna be running 235/40 on 18x7.5" rim.

i will be giving feedback when i get these installed

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #83
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
There are MANY better than the above tires...

What are you looking to get out of your tires??
pretty much cornering. I had the Neogens before on my old scion tc and they were very good at cornering, not sure if that applies to a car that has prolly 3x the power of the tc lol, but i'm basically looking for a good summer tire.
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #84
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes they do.

...and if I decide not to spring for RE-11s next time around, I may be giving them a try.
I wouldn't mind that tire, but with a treadwear of 200, that is alittle low for me , I wonder if I can squeeze 20,000 miles on those with alittle spirited driving.
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #85

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by glocK23 View Post
I wouldn't mind that tire, but with a treadwear of 200, that is alittle low for me , I wonder if I can squeeze 20,000 miles on those with alittle spirited driving.
Perhaps. Plenty of people have gotten over 20K out of the stock Potenzas, so it isn't out of the question.

I don't think I'd ever get that kind of mileage out of them, but I tend to be pretty hard on tires...
 Old 06-05-2009, 05:23 AM   #86

FCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond reputeFCmaniac has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 23
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was considering the NT05's also. For the money I still think its hard to beat the Azenis RT615. I want more treadlife too but once you get used to having this kind of grip every day, its hard to go to a "harder" tire.
FCmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #87
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah the nitto nt05's are definitely more expensive than the rt615
 Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #88

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3 View Post
yeah the nitto nt05's are definitely more expensive than the rt615
Yeah...a whole $3 a tire:

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (06-05-2009)
 Old 06-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #89
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah...a whole $3 a tire:

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

lol my bad! I was looking at a totally different site...
 Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #90

kwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 41 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

From another recent thread:

Luke told me that a well known racer friend of his took the RE-01R, Direzza Star Spec and RE-11 out to the Streets of Willow and ran each tire on the same car on the same day. The RE-01R tires yielded the slowest lap times, with the Star Spec's being a full second faster, and the RE-11's a whopping 2 seconds faster than the Star Spec tires were able to accomplish. That's huge.
That is huge, that track is very tight and only 1.8 miles long. Seriously, 2 seconds faster is a phenomenal improvement over the stock tires, and 1 second faster than the Star Spec's is nothing to sneeze at either.

Fast, good, or cheap. Pick any two. None of the Korean brands can touch the RE-11's it would seem. The only reason they're so popular is that they do work very well for the money, but for the best of everything, you gotta pay for it.
This car has never been raced, modified, or abused in any way. Maintained as required, only wear items have been replaced with OEM or better parts, in compliance with all warranty terms, and federal and state laws.

kwsmithphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #91

cudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5_Alive View Post
Just because an uber tire comes on a really expensive supercar doesn't mean it will work for you as well.. A lot of times, manufacturers have a tire designed specifically for that specific car.. other times, they design the car to work with a really good tire that's available, and set the car up to work perfectly with that available tire..

My old SS/SC Cobalt had the Pirelli P-Zero's on it.. it was the shittiest thing on the planet... no grip, horrible rain traction, squealed like a pig.. but to a guy in a Ferrari, it works..

The Falken is one of the better tires out there right now for the money..
I've also had previous history with the Nexen N3000, and that tire was amazing..

Buy what is within' your budget and your needs..
Bringing back a dead thread, but this guy is RIGHT! Nexen N3000 at $102 from Walmart is actually AMAZING for the price. Got some recently. Best bang-for-the-buck and they actually still make them in MS3 sizes:

BTW, I blew one of my Kumho tires. I just couldn't get used to those things, they were too harsh riding in the 40 series and spun wildly in corners. I had a new/unused set of old-date-code Nexen N3000s in the garage. You know something, those fricken things are nearly as good as the RE050s. They hookup very well, and spin very little in hard corners. Also makes the ride feel a bit softer than the Kumhos. Probably a bit more sidewall compliance for the same size 225-40 R18, but no squealing or bulging on hard corners. I'd buy them again if they made them, which apparently, they still do.

Seems that Walmart still has them: Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart

One guy even put them on a Porsche Boxster with good results. Go figure. At $102, they are a steal at Walmart.

Nexen N3000 Tire 225/40ZR18XL: Tires Result Shelf : Walmart.com

Nexen N3000 tires are made for ultra high performance driving. Featuring directional wide aqua groove design, these speed-rated tires resist hydroplaning allowing you to handle wet conditions. With a new shoulder design, this tire improves cornering stability. For high speed driving performance in wet or dry road conditions, the Nexen N3000 is a quiet tire that is designed to last
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you make it through the wall.
cudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #92

johnheer will become famous soon enoughjohnheer will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cudaman View Post
Bringing back a dead thread, but this guy is RIGHT! Nexen N3000 at $102 from Walmart is actually AMAZING for the price. Got some recently. Best bang-for-the-buck and they actually still make them in MS3 sizes:

BTW, I blew one of my Kumho tires. I just couldn't get used to those things, they were too harsh riding in the 40 series and spun wildly in corners. I had a new/unused set of old-date-code Nexen N3000s in the garage. You know something, those fricken things are nearly as good as the RE050s. They hookup very well, and spin very little in hard corners. Also makes the ride feel a bit softer than the Kumhos. Probably a bit more sidewall compliance for the same size 225-40 R18, but no squealing or bulging on hard corners. I'd buy them again if they made them, which apparently, they still do.

Seems that Walmart still has them: Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart

One guy even put them on a Porsche Boxster with good results. Go figure. At $102, they are a steal at Walmart.

Nexen N3000 Tire 225/40ZR18XL: Tires Result Shelf : Walmart.com

Nexen N3000 tires are made for ultra high performance driving. Featuring directional wide aqua groove design, these speed-rated tires resist hydroplaning allowing you to handle wet conditions. With a new shoulder design, this tire improves cornering stability. For high speed driving performance in wet or dry road conditions, the Nexen N3000 is a quiet tire that is designed to last
Don't the 40-series tires feel rough, no matter what? I ran 40-series on the MS3 for a while, and I could feel every little pebble on the road. The slight change back to 45-series helped.
 Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #93

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey, I was wondering if anybody is running the Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 2 A/S tires. I was considering between that and the Potenza RE970AS Pole Position.
I was looking for good all around performance longevity and little snow traction. I'm around 17000 miles on the factory potenzas and they are starting to crack so they need to be replaced.
cyber-ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #94

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,495 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yokohama S Drive / thread
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
Neverlift is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #95

daafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cudaman View Post

Wait....you thought the RE050s were a good tire?
daafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #96

kwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cyber-ms3 View Post
Hey, I was wondering if anybody is running the Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 2 A/S tires. I was considering between that and the Potenza RE970AS Pole Position.
I was looking for good all around performance longevity and little snow traction. I'm around 17000 miles on the factory potenzas and they are starting to crack so they need to be replaced.
I don't like or need all season tires, but I did just buy a set of the Asymm 2's. They are new to the states but have been around Europe for a while. My main source of info came from this site and the tests they link to:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 | the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

Clearly it's a very well regarded tire across the pond and is a big improvement over the version 1's. I'll let y'all know how they're working for me in a few weeks.
This car has never been raced, modified, or abused in any way. Maintained as required, only wear items have been replaced with OEM or better parts, in compliance with all warranty terms, and federal and state laws.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #97

dead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 53 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@cyber-ms3 That is the perfect tire for yo.
Goodyear—Eagle F1 All Season

Best all season tire. You have no idea how good they handle. After i had them I bought summer Kumos and I could right away tell the difference(not being as good as the F1s).

Goodyear F1 all season have a carbon fiber wall too. And have a wider foot print. Super nice grip. You will be very happy with them, TRUST ME!!
dead-zone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to dead-zone For This Un-useful Post:
Neverlift (08-03-2012)
 Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #98

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't mean to thread jack, but @dead-zone, I was considering the asymm 2. These F1's seem to be different.
 Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #99

Not Ranked  0 score     

I actually meant Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season
 Old 08-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #100

Funkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the original F1 A/S. Stiff sidewall. Loved them. I'm running the RE970AS now. They are great. A little more flex than the F1's but nice. No problems with high speed maneuvers.

2006 Black Mica Mazdaspeed6 Sport

Originally fixed by IL NATOR. Rear Diff, TC, & PS cooler replaced due to MI NATOR. Rebuilding a MS6 one part at a time.

Performance: GTX3076r~Molnar rods~Wiseco pistons~Grimm EBCS~3-bar MAP~Autotech Internals~HTP 3.5" intake~GFB BPV~TR8 intercooler w/2.5" piping~Cobb AP v3~Freak Tune in progress (need to quit breaking things)~eBay catless DP~CS CBE~JBR RMM~ACT HD 6 puck sprung w/prolite~JBR SSP & weight~TWM Stage 2 SS w/BB & boot~Maisonvi Shift Knob~AE Tower Strut Bar~Rear Interior Brace~CP-e Rear Diff mount~Replacement Rear Diff & TC, MD PS cooler, CS Front & Rear Sway Bar~H&R Springs~Bilstein HD shocks~SS brake lines~FI Grounding Kit~EBC Yellows~Potenza RE970AS
Exterior: 6000k HIDs low beams~8000k HIDs fog lights~Luminics Ultra White Bulb high beams~HD lip~Speedline Emblemless Grill~Blacked out rear emblems~Smoked Rear & Side Markers with LEDs~15% back & windshield top tint~35% front~Sharkfin Antenna~Tower II LEDs for parking lights~CAR-LED tails
Interior: UV & purple LEDs~Blackvue DR400G-HD~Escort Redline up high w/mute~NeoPro Link iPod Connection~ProSport Premium Boost Gauge w/Vent Dual gauge pod
Waiting to Install/ Buy: SS clutch, oil pressure gauge, CP-e EWG setup/ Wheels (likely)?, Summer tires?, EVO Brembos?, Meth setup-5/6th port?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Funkster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #101

dead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 53 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't mean to thread jack, but @dead-zone, I was considering the asymm 2. These F1's seem to be different.
I got that. I was just giving you an option for a great all season tire, thats all.
Let us know what you decided to get at the end.
dead-zone is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #102

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dead-zone View Post
I got that. I was just giving you an option for a great all season tire, thats all.
Let us know what you decided to get at the end.
Thanks. I seem to be having a hard time finding a place that sells the asymm a/s in 225/40/18 size

Also, @Funkster777, i saw a few articles that seem to say that the asymm A/s is much better.
http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...ic-all-season/
 Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #103
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Idc what any article says, at the end of the day a dedicated summer/winter set will always out perform a A/S. But for most people a A/S like the F1 will be plenty if you just plan to DD and still have good traction in the summer. Comes down to how much do you want to spend really.
[01:31 PM] SoAgg159: my dick is called "quarter mile" it's about 1/4" long and i can give about 14secs of pleasure

[07:06 PM] DarkHeartMS6: yeah. I actually hope i catch my wife with another dude. gives me an excuse to open the emergency door and bail. LOL

[09:13 PM] Pu Manchu: i like to take my gf through the drive thru so i can prove that i can pleasure a woman

forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #104

Funkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dedicated summer and winter tires are the way to go. I don't want to switch as weather changes too quickly here. I did lots of searching for all season tires. I had the DWS and hated them as too squishy in cornering. I used

Consumer Survey Results By Category

To make my decision. I'm running 225-40/18. Good grip for what I want with great wet grip and good snow grip. I'm also in a MS6 so different handling and weight.
cyber-ms3 likes this.

2006 Black Mica Mazdaspeed6 Sport

Originally fixed by IL NATOR. Rear Diff, TC, & PS cooler replaced due to MI NATOR. Rebuilding a MS6 one part at a time.

Performance: GTX3076r~Molnar rods~Wiseco pistons~Grimm EBCS~3-bar MAP~Autotech Internals~HTP 3.5" intake~GFB BPV~TR8 intercooler w/2.5" piping~Cobb AP v3~Freak Tune in progress (need to quit breaking things)~eBay catless DP~CS CBE~JBR RMM~ACT HD 6 puck sprung w/prolite~JBR SSP & weight~TWM Stage 2 SS w/BB & boot~Maisonvi Shift Knob~AE Tower Strut Bar~Rear Interior Brace~CP-e Rear Diff mount~Replacement Rear Diff & TC, MD PS cooler, CS Front & Rear Sway Bar~H&R Springs~Bilstein HD shocks~SS brake lines~FI Grounding Kit~EBC Yellows~Potenza RE970AS
Exterior: 6000k HIDs low beams~8000k HIDs fog lights~Luminics Ultra White Bulb high beams~HD lip~Speedline Emblemless Grill~Blacked out rear emblems~Smoked Rear & Side Markers with LEDs~15% back & windshield top tint~35% front~Sharkfin Antenna~Tower II LEDs for parking lights~CAR-LED tails
Interior: UV & purple LEDs~Blackvue DR400G-HD~Escort Redline up high w/mute~NeoPro Link iPod Connection~ProSport Premium Boost Gauge w/Vent Dual gauge pod
Waiting to Install/ Buy: SS clutch, oil pressure gauge, CP-e EWG setup/ Wheels (likely)?, Summer tires?, EVO Brembos?, Meth setup-5/6th port?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Funkster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkster777 For This Useful Post:
cyber-ms3 (08-08-2012)
 Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #105

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, that's a good find! lot's of stats based on other people's experience. Thanks
 Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #106

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, that's a good find! lot's of stats based on other people's experience. Thanks
You're welcome!

Note that more than a few of those UK reviewers have a Mazda MPS, which is the Euro version of our cars, and they universally like them.

I only have a few dozen street miles but I'm really impressed so far. Especially for the money. They steer well, stop well, and grip well before the stickers are even worn off. At first they seem a little squishy [at 34psi] but they're supposed to be; the carcass needs to deform to give a better contact patch. Higher pressures will tighten up the feel but give you less grip. Ride quality and impact harshness are quite pleasant but they are a bit noisy...which generally doesn't improve over time. So far so good, and the price is terrific right now with the rebate. I was going to do a track day this weekend but can't due to temporary health issues (I have a freakin cast on my left leg!).

They also have a HUGE rim protector, biggest I've ever seen. But beware, a 235/40-18 will rub with an 18x8 wheel at a 45mm offset in the rear. Enough to create little ribbons of rubber from the tread blocks, not the sidewall thank goodness. Going to get that problem solved ASAP.

Here's the only decent image I have yet, which only serves to show that they are very ordinary looking tires. Better images are you know where (Tire Rack).

Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #107

gotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud ofgotboost has much to be proud of
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you're looking for tires, I recommend using Tire Rack's ratings to find them. If the tires have a good rating there, then they're probably a good tire. Don't look at the reviews from people, but the "surveys" that tire rack themselves have done.

gotboost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #108

speed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud ofspeed3sb has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

i run as my daily driver setup 18x8 48 offset O.Z ultraleguerra my tires are 245 35 18 federal rs-r's i have coilovers so i use a 5mm spacer up front....hands down i think the federals are insanely good and only about 140$ each..cant beat that price...
speed3sb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #109

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have two sets of wheels/tires. The stock wheels ride with Hankook V12's and my FD's ride with Bridgetone RE-11's. I recently took off the RE-11's and put on the stockers with V12's, after a couple of weeks I couldn't take it any longer and put the RE-11's back on the car. There is simply no comparison between the two setups. The V12's are not a bad tire and many people have them, great tire for the money but the RE-11 is in a class by it's self.

While the RE-11 is very pricey, you get what you pay for. After experiencing the RE-11 I could never go back to a cheap tire. I'm keeping the stockers with V12's off the car and will save them for when I sale the car one day.
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
08cosmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #110

Neutral  +1 score     

Originally Posted by gotboost View Post
If you're looking for tires, I recommend using Tire Rack's ratings to find them. If the tires have a good rating there, then they're probably a good tire. Don't look at the reviews from people, but the "surveys" that tire rack themselves have done.
That doesn't make sense - Tire Rack TESTS most of the tires they sell, and their conclusions show up in the Tire Reviews section. The survey ranking system is entirely different; it's generated by customers who write reviews of their tires.

Point being, you can't really dismiss the written customer reviews while relying on their survey position since they come from the same source. Personally, I like to read the user comments, especially if they come from the owner of the same or similar car.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #111

cudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond reputecudaman has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by johnheer View Post
Don't the 40-series tires feel rough, no matter what? I ran 40-series on the MS3 for a while, and I could feel every little pebble on the road. The slight change back to 45-series helped.
I have adjustable KW-V3 coilovers. So, I can adjust suspension as needed for smaller sidewall tires. But, yes, for stock suspension, the 40s will be rougher.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you make it through the wall.
cudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #112

Not Ranked  0 score     

It really depends on the tires. The 235/40 Goodyear Assym 2's I'm running now are absolutely plush compared to a few sets of 225/45's I've run before, and ride even better than the OEM Bridgestones. Part of that might be attributed to lighter wheels but I doubt it - other than some high frequency road noise, these tires are incredibly comfortable.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #113

g0pher has a spectacular aura aboutg0pher has a spectacular aura aboutg0pher has a spectacular aura about
Neutral  -1 score     

Originally Posted by zpeedfreak View Post
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star spec.. hands down the best ones...

ones that are good and cheap right know are the kuhmo MX which tire rack have them a 111 each
i've run these on my evo three times so far and love them. a great tire and honestly i think they'd be great on the ms3

falken rt-615k's are the only others i ran that would compare imo.

i LOVED kuhmo ectsa mx's but no longer available, haven't had a chance to try out the xs's but my friend liked them a lot.
g0pher is offline   Reply With Quote