register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #41

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like my DWS. i only buy all season tires at the moment. Until i get another set of rims for this car i will run all season. Even being an all season tire i honestly dont there that bad, cornering is ok, striaght line traction is just as good as any other all season i bet. Beside that idk if i would ever buy a tire without some kind of tread wear warrenty

Deldran is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #42

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,495 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yokohama S Drives are a much better tire vs the v12 in every condition.

I can't comment on NT05 but you guys seem to love them.
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
Neverlift is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #43

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,049 Posts
Groans: 155
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think OP's tires will prove better after a few heat cycles.

But, as to ^ above, if you're gonna go Yokohama's step up to the Advan Neova AD08's. Amazing tires. All the straight line traction and absolutely incredibly sharp transitions and crispness in turn in. Like the steering is lazer guided. I don't road race or autocross, but if I did, I'd think these would be close to the top of most wish lists. Ain't cheap, but cheaper than PS2's etc.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,304 Times in 4,352 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The V12's outperformed the S-drives and Advans in wet traction falling in right behind the almighty star specs.

These are damn good tires for the price. Plain and simple.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dash08 For This Useful Post:
helmetface (03-27-2012), Onelovesoccer (03-27-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #45

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm on my 2nd set of V12's. The tire will corner better if you add a few lbs of air over what the car spec calls for. They are a little soft in the sidewalls and if you run them at 32 lbs you will get sidewall flex. I run 38 front 35 rear. I have had these tires on hard curves and you can feel the sidewall flex but the tire still holds. These are my DD tires. I bought a set of FD wheels 16x8 so I could afford a set of extreme performance tires. 16 inch tires a way cheaper than 18. I bought the Bridgestone RE-11's in 225/50 and they look like 235. This tire is amazing but at $270 a piece in 18 I could never afford them.

The V12's can in no way match up to the Re-11's and I don't expect them too. If all you are spending is $120 a tire for 18" tires then you can't expect them to corner like a $270 tire.
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
08cosmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08cosmic3 For This Useful Post:
Dash08 (03-27-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #46

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On 35 pounds up front I found they got too hot too quickly and let go at the worst moments. 32 pounds kept me going through turns for longer.
 Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #47

deuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond reputedeuce_WI has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 08cosmic3 View Post
I'm on my 2nd set of V12's. The tire will corner better if you add a few lbs of air over what the car spec calls for. They are a little soft in the sidewalls and if you run them at 32 lbs you will get sidewall flex. I run 38 front 35 rear. I have had these tires on hard curves and you can feel the sidewall flex but the tire still holds. These are my DD tires. I bought a set of FD wheels 16x8 so I could afford a set of extreme performance tires. 16 inch tires a way cheaper than 18. I bought the Bridgestone RE-11's in 225/50 and they look like 235. This tire is amazing but at $270 a piece in 18 I could never afford them.

The V12's can in no way match up to the Re-11's and I don't expect them too. If all you are spending is $120 a tire for 18" tires then you can't expect them to corner like a $270 tire.
I've got a pile of miles on my V12s and I'm generally happy with them on my DD.

I've run them at a couple track days as well, and yes the V12 might have good grip, but the feel isn't as good as even the stock rubber. I felt much more confident pushing the stock rubber than the V12s.

Would I buy them again? For my DD that might see a couple track days a year? Yes.

I'd also be willing to spend another $20 or so per tire for something better, maybe.

Would I buy them again if great track performance was a high priority? No way.
deuce_WI is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #48

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dash08 View Post
The V12's outperformed the S-drives and Advans in wet traction falling in right behind the almighty star specs.

Having driven both in every condition I disagree with that. Given I expect more from my tires... v12 might as well be 912's in the wet. I can't believe how much of a let down they were after all the circle jerking that goes on here about them.

@Daddy Chinkus how would you compare your v12 to what you have seen from S Drives?

As for the AD08 comment... that's 180 treadwear and has no place in this convo.
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neverlift For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-27-2012), Crarrs (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #49
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tony says: View Post
Having driven both in every condition I disagree with that. Given I expect more from my tires... v12 might as well be 912's in the wet. I can't believe how horrible they were. @Daddy Chinkus

Yeah, but you're already bias out of the gate. If you could afford it, you'd DD R compounds in a heartbeat.

All we are doing here is telling people how good the V12's are for the price. Not to mention, the s-drives and advans are practically in a different price range all together.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #50

Scribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got a vid of @86azms3 (using nt05's) cutting me off (v12's), damn asshole. It's alright though, I got back at him.....has some language, excuse his mouth

Built motor with K1 rods/wesico pistons, ATP 3076r, SS Mani, ATP DP, Cobb FMIC V2, CPE FP, TurboSmart MBC, TurboSmart Dual Port BOV, Hotchkis RSB FSB, BC Coilovers, AP, Dashhawk, Trilogy JBR 88 duro's, JBR catch can, Guardian Angel
Perm
Scribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scribbles For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-27-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #51

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, but you're already bias out of the gate. If you could afford it, you'd DD R compounds in a heartbeat.

All we are doing here is telling people how good the V12's are for the price. Not to mention, the s-drives and advans are practically in a different price range all together.
I prefer the term experienced vs. biased. If I thought I needed R comps I would get them. I am perfectly happy with shitty Ecsta AST's or whatever I have been buying since July.

The S drives are maybe 10 dollars more on the top end and a few bucks more on Tirerack... and come in wider sizes w/ smaller sidewalls than the v12
The Following User Says Thank You to Neverlift For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #52

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't realize that OP put either a treadwear rating or price limitation on his post? Don't see it there.

When comparing tires, price and treadwear rating are important, but he was talking about the tires not cornering well.

I realize that the AD08's are up there close to RE-11's and PS2's in cost, but they represent cutting edge technology in a tire that you can drive on the street, get decent tread wear and then still track them aggressively all season.

Not knocking the V-12's great tires. Just offering an opinion justifed by the ratings that the AD08's are positively miraculous in their traction and cornering abilities on the track, for a non-R tire.

BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
 Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #53
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,649 Times in 1,904 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

v12's are great tires for hard parkers

the end
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-27-2012), Bucker (03-27-2012), Neverlift (03-27-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
I didn't realize that OP put either a treadwear rating or price limitation on his post? Don't see it there.
<200 treadwear is not an all season. That would make them irrelevant to the discussion.

Price was mentioned by Dash while looking at the wrong tire to compare prices to v12.

Moving forward... Derek has spoken & it was my fault he bought the v12's... I didn't know about S Drives at the time. I am on a mission to save others from making the same mistake.

....or I am just bored at work & Tony should join me some bong tokes. @Dash08 lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neverlift For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-27-2012), Dash08 (03-27-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #55

86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world86AmishMs3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,808 Posts
Groans: 338
Groaned at 93 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Having driven both in every condition I disagree with that. Given I expect more from my tires... v12 might as well be 912's in the wet. I can't believe how much of a let down they were after all the circle jerking that goes on here about them.
@Daddy Chinkus how would you compare your v12 to what you have seen from S Drives?

Exactly my thoughts.

2009 Mazdaspeed 3:
GT3076 - Corkey tuned
Treadstone 3" MAF, HTP 3" turbo inlet, MSCBE, Turbo XS FMIC, CNT catted DP, CP-E HPFP,
Tial QR BPV, SURE TIG's, ITV24's,
CP-E Stage 2 RMM, Medefail Tranny mount, 18x8 245/40's
390whp/400wtq
12.8@114

Sold
86AmishMs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

<200 treadwear is not an all season.

All season? I didn't realize that V12 were an all season tire? I thought they were summer only max performance. How/when did this discussion turn into A/S tires?

Geez, our OEM Bridgestones were 140 treadwear rated. The AD08's, at 180 are considerably "harder" and awefully close to whatever magic someone wants to place in a 200 tread wear rating, for whatever that may be worth.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree that the V12 are good tires and amazing for the price. But what is the source of the statement above?

I have not seen a test comparing the V12's to the AD08's, in the dry or wet. Where can I find that? Thanks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #58

goob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why does everyone over look the Nitto NT555s? The cost less, last longer, better grip, stiffer sidewall, and I have seen many good review. I love these tires. I have them on my Speed3 and also had them on this bad boy:

goob_os101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goob_os101 For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #59

Not Ranked  0 score     

All season? I didn't realize that V12 were an all season tire? I thought they were summer only max performance. How/when did this discussion turn into A/S tires?
I am sorry... I forget the less fortunate need different tires for the seasons.

Anyway, what can we gather from all this? Yokohama dominates every category they are in & Hankook should only make RS3's
 Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #60
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree that the V12 are good tires and amazing for the price. But what is the source of the statement above?

I have not seen a test comparing the V12's to the AD08's, in the dry or wet. Where can I find that? Thanks
I have no idea where I found those reviews. It was quite awhile ago when I was in the market for new tires. During my random internet searching, I stumbled on to them.

One of the reviews was for wet traction tests. It included Star specs, V12's, Advans, S-drives, and a couple others. According to these people, the V12's came in second behind the star specs.

Don't ask me to confirm the validity of these claims. I can't.

The bottom line is that for anyone who does not track their car, V12's are more than enough tire for your needs.

Just so everyone knows, when I was looking into tires, the advans and S-drives were a good 50-60 dollars more per tire than the V12's. I don't know where you guys get your prices, but that's the way it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dash08 For This Useful Post:
Vader (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, the AD08's do cost more and I realize that price is a consideration, maybe a very important one for some. The V12's are good tires at their price point, but they actually came in dead last against other Max Performance tires in a recent test Link here:

Tires : Test Results : The Tire Rack

I don't think they were ever tested against AD08's, RE-11's or Star Specs. The Star Specs finished 3rd in the Extreme Performance test link below. AD08's were first in most categories but lost out by just a hair to the RE-11's, most probably due to the RE-11's being more comfortable, and subjectively a tiny bit easier to control at the limit.

I was just trying to make the point that if you don't mind paying a little more you can get a lot more tire. If you are on a budget, the V12's represent an excellent cost/value/performance compromise. if on a budget one might want to look at the Sumitomo HTR Z III, which had surprising performance at only $131 per tire in a size that would probably fit our rims with comparable height and tread width (although not exact stock size).

The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
86AmishMs3 (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #62
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, the AD08's do cost more and I realize that price is a consideration, maybe a very important one for some. The V12's are good tires at their price point, but they actually came in dead last against other Max Performance tires in a recent test Link here:

I don't think they were ever tested against AD08's, RE-11's or Star Specs. The Star Specs finished 3rd in the Extreme Performance test link below. AD08's were first in most categories but lost out by just a hair to the RE-11's, most probably due to the RE-11's being more comfortable.

I was just trying to make the point that if you don't mind paying a little more you can get a lot more tire. If you are on a budget, the V12's represent an excellent cost/value/performance compromise.
Unfortunately, I was on a very strict budget. Everything else in the V12 price range was pure shit. No name brands with questionable quality and materials. Anything name brand that was better than the V12's was way out of my budget. I also needed to consider treadwear.

I don't track the car and I don't go on canyon runs. So, I saw no need in spending the extra money for stickier tires that won't last as long.

Because of my strict budget, I had to make the logical decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dash08 For This Useful Post:
Vader (03-29-2012)
 Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

^ And it was a good one. The V12 has a good reputation on this board, especially for great straight line performance. I was merely expressing an opinion on other options people might consider, depending on their needs and their budget. I did not mean to offend.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
Dash08 (03-28-2012)
 Old 03-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #64

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just so everyone knows, when I was looking into tires, the advans and S-drives were a good 50-60 dollars more per tire than the V12's. I don't know where you guys get your prices, but that's the way it is.
Same place everyone gets their prices... $24 more per set of 4

Yokohama—S.drive

Hankook—Ventus V12 evo K110

The V12 has a good reputation on this board, especially for great straight line performance.
Cornering is in the thread title. Once again, irrrelephant to the discussion.
 Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #65

Not Ranked  0 score     

Cornering is in the thread title.
That's why I suggested the AD08's and got jumped because superior cornering can cost more. Sometimes it's worth it to save the nickels and dimes a bit longer and purchase Extreme Performance tires.

But if you can't step up to the Extreme Performance tires and cornering is important, consider some of the other tires in the Tire Rack comparison test on Max Performance summer tires.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Meh I would just buy rs3's if I wanted to be glued to the ground. Had 3 sets last spring... awesome tire with decent wear life.
 Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #67
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

Same place everyone gets their prices... $24 more per set of 4

Yokohama—S.drive

Hankook—Ventus V12 evo K110
I noticed that as well, but as I said, when I was shopping for tires the advans and s-drives were quite a bit more.

They have dropped the prices on those since I last bought tires. So, you can understand my decision.