register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #81

JNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the worldJNR5005 is the leader of the world
Groans: 22
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These Hankooks are money. I smoked a gangster in a blacked out Grand Prix GXP 5.3l last nite in the rain from a light. He launched the shyt out of me before the light even turned green- I was spinning a little but not much really. By the 3-4 flat foot shift I was blowing past him. I wouldn't have ever tried to race in the rain with the Kumhos or Potenzas; I think I would have just been spinning. I would say these tires are confidence inspiring haha. They were barley hydroplaning at all at 90+ mph.

2.206 ~ 13.330 @ 107.98 MPH (I & AP only, DSC ON)

Cobb SRI | Cobb AP (Stage 2+ v200) | OBX TP | Hankook Ventus V12 Evos | Hawk HPSoftpenis Pads | Duplicolor Black Stock Wheels | 15% Tint | SuperRiceLEDs 9500k | SURE RMM Race | TRZ TMM | JBR PMM 80a | JBR Shifter Bushings | Fidanza Flywheel | Koni Sport Shocks

JNR5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #82
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,055 Posts
Groans: 166
Groaned at 56 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

One of the main reason i bought these is the wet performance. It doesnt just rain here, buckets of water fall from the sky and the roads fill with water very quickly. Its not rainy season yet, but I have driven in a few storms and these definately give me confidence.

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
While the other forum is GREAT for technical/mechanical information and how to, that place is filled with single-minded (if you aren't driving fast, you're doing it wrong), arrogant, and professional douchebags.
Blackspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #83
Thermonuclear Skeet

FantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,464 Times in 1,036 Posts
Groans: 188
Groaned at 333 Times in 222 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These fuckers work in the snow too. I shouldn't know since I live in NC but since we got more snow than New England so far this year, I have had to put them to the test.

Helicopter Cat LIVES

FantasmoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #84

PheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond reputePheOniX has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

go here and check it out. Tire Research : Tire Survey Results

should help the tire debate
PheOniX is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #85
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PheOniX View Post
go here and check it out. Tire Research : Tire Survey Results

should help the tire debate
WTF....... same post in 4 different threads, once was enough...... really.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...induser&u=6716

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.

Last edited by FreeFlyFreak; 03-12-2010 at 12:55 PM.
FreeFlyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #86

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,133 Times in 262 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got 4 new ventus v12 evos mounted this morning. I've only done a 20-min highway drive to work, but I can tell that they're noticeably quieter and more comfortable over bumps than the stock potenzas were. I have no comments on cornering/launching yet. But so far they're seeming like a win. Oh and the tread looks sexy.
 Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #87

Hank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zeya View Post
I got 4 new ventus v12 evos mounted this morning. I've only done a 20-min highway drive to work, but I can tell that they're noticeably quieter and more comfortable over bumps than the stock potenzas were. I have no comments on cornering/launching yet. But so far they're seeming like a win. Oh and the tread looks sexy.
Those are the things I've noticed with these ever since I've put them on - about a month a now. I did also notice, however, there was a humm at certain highway speeds. Not super noticeable...but I could hear it. In town driving is definitely quieter though.

Hank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #88

SBspeed3 has a spectacular aura aboutSBspeed3 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have hancook rs2's that i got from tire rack for 89 bucks a piece on close out....235/40/18... i have new wheels 18/8...but i have to say i love the hancooks!!!!
SBspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM   #89
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SBspeed3 View Post
i have hancook rs2's that i got from tire rack for 89 bucks a piece on close out....235/40/18... i have new wheels 18/8...but i have to say i love the hancooks!!!!
Capitalization=FAIL......Grammar=FAIL........Spell ing=FAIL.............

Purchase price, and tire/wheel size=WIN!!!!!!!

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #90

MS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3Zoom24 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

so has anyone experience any rubbing issues with 225/45-18 so far, with stock suspension or eibach prokit
IM curious because i need to get new tires and i think these are at the top of my list
Cobb AP-ATR tune; AEM CAI; COBB TIP; Test Pipe; PG piping/GS FMIC; AT Internals; HKS SSQV; Denso ITV22s; SURE counter weight; Cobb RSB; Swift spec R springs; Koni Sports; SU RMM, shifter bushings; Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 2

Team Beachbody Coach, Contact me to get started
GF2revolution.com
MS3Zoom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #91

Hank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the worldHank3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had 225/45/18 on my RX-8 rims for a few months and no rubbing on stock suspension.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #92

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,032 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Design View Post
I know you drive hard but it seems like the rears are wearing a bit fast, especially without any track time. I've heard spurratic reports of shorter tread life as more owners put miles on these. Not a bad thing considering what you get for the price.

Getting ready to purchase my next set farily soon. Have it narrowed down to the V12's, Khumo SPT's and General Exclaim UHP's. Might take a small hit in performance to go with the Exclaims as they're priced about $80 less. I will keep an eye on this thread to see how the V12's fair in the coming months though...
I am reversing direction and going with the Hankook's after talking to many owners. Seems these tires perform well even when worn half way. And at stock size, they are priced dead even with the Exclaims. Will report back after a few miles.
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #93

starscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the world
Groans: 44
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

AWESOME TIRE! Got them installed today, and man oh man I am liking them

Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #94

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,465 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

got these in 245/40 on rx8 wheels. lowered on bc coils

rubs a little in the back, only over big bumps, but i have a big cruise coming up this weekend so gonna get it rolled today hopefully.

agree with what OP has said about qualities of the tires. I came from Bridgestone RE-01R so I was expecting a step down (but cheaper and last longer!). Biggest thing I notice is softer sidewall.....not sayin they are really soft or bad..but again I am coming from a $250+ tire to these. Overall traction seems great though and I'm not slip n sliding when it rains now

I recommend these. Might try Kumho SPT next time (same price/class), would like to know how these compare to those?
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #95

starscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the world
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post

rubs a little in the back, only over big bumps, but i have a big cruise coming up this weekend so gonna get it rolled today hopefully.

agree with what OP has said about qualities of the tires. I came from Bridgestone RE-01R so I was expecting a step down (but cheaper and last longer!). Biggest thing I notice is softer sidewall.....not sayin they are really soft or bad..but again I am coming from a $250+ tire to these. Overall traction seems great though and I'm not slip n sliding when it rains now

I recommend these. Might try Kumho SPT next time (same price/class), would like to know how these compare to those?
I had Kumho SPTs on my MSP and comparing them to these. I would have to go with the Hankooks. They have a BIT more grip dry, wet I cant tell ya BUT if its anything like I read it would be significantly better then the SPTs. They are also cheaper then the SPTs so thats also a bonus.
 Old 04-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #96

no1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just started following this thread about the Hankook's but was disappointed that there was no longer a rebate. Well, effective today through May 31, there is another $50 rebate for the V12. Based on the info here, I believe it's time to buy.
no1uno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to no1uno For This Useful Post:
MS3Zoom24 (04-01-2010)
 Old 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #97

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,133 Times in 262 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by no1uno View Post
I just started following this thread about the Hankook's but was disappointed that there was no longer a rebate. Well, effective today through May 31, there is another $50 rebate for the V12. Based on the info here, I believe it's time to buy.
Damn! I just got mine put on 2 weeks ago. Oh well.
 Old 04-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #98

rtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by no1uno View Post
I am looking to get some new tires and wheels soon.

Where is this new rebate coming from? Can you send a Link I would be interested in getting some of these bad boys. What is the widest tire I could put on a stock rim?

Anyone know a good place to buy wheels? Cheap/price/weight?

Are there any disadvantages of going wide or super WIDE on a tire/wheel combo? I would just be interested in performance aspects. IE 8.5/9/10in / 240+ tires?
rtabagaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #99

tjader will become famous soon enoughtjader will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Re: Just ordered new tires: Hankook Ventus V12

I have 18x8 +45 245/40. The only neg is they seem to be rubbing when I have someone in the back and I hit a bump and I certainly can't drive with a full load bc there's about a mm gap between the tire and fender. Once I roll I'll be fine though. They hook up insanely well and don't even spin in 2nd at wot. They do tramline more now though. If I had to do it all over again I would get atleast an 8.5 wheel so I could run a 255 -
tjader is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #100

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rtabagaboy View Post
I am looking to get some new tires and wheels soon.

Where is this new rebate coming from? Can you send a Link I would be interested in getting some of these bad boys.
Rebate form:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires...ebate_Form.pdf

Expires May 31st.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #101

allenat0r will become famous soon enoughallenat0r will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

good choice! got a set in december, definitely gonna get these v12's again!
allenat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #102
Driver

Fobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,622 Times in 931 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by starscream View Post
AWESOME TIRE! Got them installed today, and man oh man I am liking them
What size did you end up getting? and local?

sean and I picked up some 235/40/18 from across the border for $643 all in...looking to use the $50 rebate!

they are pretty good so far...I moved from Nitto 555's, which I guess were old and dry...these are sticky...and yes, the first hard left hander I took, I also notice the softer side wall...as well, like aaron, I figure I was going to give up some performance for lower cost and logevity but so far, that doesn't appear to be the case.
DONE . Cobb AP 22-psi Self-Tuned . ATP GT3071 . CP-e 3.25" MAF+4" inlet . Denso ITV-24 . CP-e HPFP . CP-e FMIC . Turbosmart Ultimate BPV . 50/50 Meth w/ M5 nozzle . PTP IM Spacer+EGR delete . GrimmSpeed EBCS 3-port . SteedSpeed Mani . CP-e TBE . Greddy OCC w/ 2nd PCV valve . F2 BSD + oil-pan baffle . Hawk HP+ pads . Goodridge SS brake lines w/ Ford Super Dot 4 . Cobb Springs+FSB . Tri-Point RSB+Endlinks . Koni Yellows . KMAC Camber Plates . 60mm Boost Gauge . TWM Complete Shifter w/ JBR SSP+weight . CP-e RMM+PTP trans+kicker mount . Sparco Harness Bar w/ MOMO 4-pt harness . Rays/Volks 57F 18x8.5" +45mm 235/40/18 Hankook V12 . BBS RK 17x8" +45mm 235/45/17 RA1/R6 . OEM Snowflakes w/ 215/50/17 Nitto NT-SN1 . 3rd in CSCS 2009 Time Attack Championship - Super Street FWD . 360whp/390wtrq . SOON . 3-bar MAP sensor .
MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is ALWAYS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

"It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
-- Mario Andretti --
Fobio is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #103

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,465 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Re: Just ordered new tires: Hankook Ventus V12

245 will almost certainly require rolled fenders in rear

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #104

Cheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond reputeCheveyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just got mine Friday, need to figure out when I am going have time to mount them before my trip to the Dragon in May.
Cheveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #105

P5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
I'm running SPT's in 245/45-17 size, and I can tell you that once they are somewhat worn (50% or less tread), they get pretty loud. They develop a low-pitch hum even at low speeds and are especially bad when cold. They get a little better when they warm up and you also get used to it after a while, but it doesn't change the fact that it's there.

Dry and wet traction are still good with 20% tread left, but my next set are most likely going to be these Hankooks. It was between these and the Direzza Star Specs, but the road noise thing has me leaning towards the Ventus V12.

245 will almost certainly require rolled fenders in rear
Yes it will. I have it in 17x7.5 ET+48 on stock springs and it definitely required rolling of the fenders. Before I had the fenders rolled, the outside of the sidewall would hit the fender lip and scrape off a little bit of rubber. This would happen over bumps and on hard cornering.
P5_2_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #106
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone get these for less then tire rack right now at 123 a tire?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #107

no1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really niceno1uno is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Discount Tire Direct at $133 each shipped. This may be cheaper than Tire Rack depending on where you are due to shipping cost. FWIW I paid $129 shipped April 1. I guess they decided to tack on a few bucks for a popular tire w/ rebate.
no1uno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #108
The Kamikaze King!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
anyone get these for less then tire rack right now at 123 a tire?
Got mine from here..... not sure what size you are looking for:
Tires-easy

Suspension:

Old 04-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #109

P5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant futureP5_2_MS3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

OnlineTires is the cheapest I've been able to find. Stock size is $114 and shipping is around $40 for all 4.
 Old 04-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #110
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by P5_2_MS3 View Post
OnlineTires is the cheapest I've been able to find. Stock size is $114 and shipping is around $40 for all 4.
def the cheapest. anyone ever do business with this place?
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #111

Not Ranked  0 score     

My bro-in-law also drives a MS3, and he bought a set of Ventus V12's from them last fall. He has yet to install them (still riding out the stockers), but from what he's told me the transaction itself went smoothly.
 Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #112
Driver

Fobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the worldFobio is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,622 Times in 931 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

in Canada, these are $850 + 13% sales tax for 235/40/18.
DONE . Cobb AP 22-psi Self-Tuned . ATP GT3071 . CP-e 3.25" MAF+4" inlet . Denso ITV-24 . CP-e HPFP . CP-e FMIC . Turbosmart Ultimate BPV . 50/50 Meth w/ M5 nozzle . PTP IM Spacer+EGR delete . GrimmSpeed EBCS 3-port . SteedSpeed Mani . CP-e TBE . Greddy OCC w/ 2nd PCV valve . F2 BSD + oil-pan baffle . Hawk HP+ pads . Goodridge SS brake lines w/ Ford Super Dot 4 . Cobb Springs+FSB . Tri-Point RSB+Endlinks . Koni Yellows . KMAC Camber Plates . 60mm Boost Gauge . TWM Complete Shifter w/ JBR SSP+weight . CP-e RMM+PTP trans+kicker mount . Sparco Harness Bar w/ MOMO 4-pt harness . Rays/Volks 57F 18x8.5" +45mm 235/40/18 Hankook V12 . BBS RK 17x8" +45mm 235/45/17 RA1/R6 . OEM Snowflakes w/ 215/50/17 Nitto NT-SN1 . 3rd in CSCS 2009 Time Attack Championship - Super Street FWD . 360whp/390wtrq . SOON . 3-bar MAP sensor .
MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is ALWAYS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

"It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
-- Mario Andretti --
Fobio is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #113

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I reversed direction and went with the Hankook 215/45s. Put 20 miles on them so far. First impression - they are not as quiet as the RE50s were when new, but they are close. Good grip from what I can tell, though I won't get a chance to push them hard until the new suspension goes in. Paid $573 including installation/tax/rebate.
 Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #114
Wide tire man

dbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've bought 3 sets of tires from them in the last year. No problems at all.
Their shipping is not the quickest, but I still got my tires in a week.
Cobb AccessPort, Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport Stage II intake with TIP and airbox, Corksport rear camber arms, Corksport catted test pipe, Denso ITV22 plugs, JBR rear sway bar and HD mounts, CP-e stage II rear motor mount, Mazda5 rear brake upgrade, Bilstein struts, Eibach pro springs.
Too many wheels & tires to list.
dbrier is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #115

Not Ranked  0 score     

As most of you know Hankook is running another $50.00 rebate through the end of May. Good time to buy if you're considering them.
 Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #116

TriniFyah will become famous soon enoughTriniFyah will become famous soon enough
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got these installed today in the stock size. Do you guys follow the manufacturers PSI or should I inflate them a little higher? Right now all 4 tires are set at 35 psi from the tire shop upon installation. They sort of seemed under-inflated a bit..
TriniFyah is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #117
Thermonuclear Skeet

FantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,464 Times in 1,036 Posts
Groans: 188
Groaned at 333 Times in 222 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your door should say like 32 rear 34 front or vise versa, that is what the car is designed for so that is what I follow.

Helicopter Cat LIVES

FantasmoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #118

kwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 41 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mazda spec'd the Bridgstone's for a reason - excellent feel and all around goodness that will help less than excellent drivers. Too bad the replacements cost so freaking much, you can get get faster tires for a lot less money.

Point being, give your new tires some time to scrub in, they'll get better in a few hundred miles unless you bough junque.

As for inflation, I run 36/36 (cold) on my Star Spec's yet the steering is still a bit numb compared to the OEM tires. But once they warm up a bit the traction - ohmigod, it's just better in every direction.

I do miss a bit of the steering finesse of the OEM tires but I don't miss their lack of traction when the going gets fast! It helps that I have a stiffer rear sway bar.

Stock, the car felt hooked up even with cold tires, but they scream and howl at 80% of their limit. But if you push that limit, you'll tear them to pieces in no time - and scare the crap out of anybody who's within earshot of the noises they make.

For contrast, the Star Specs, once they wear in for while (which takes some time and effort) require more driving skill. Payoff: tremendous lateral grip, good enough braking grip, and phenomenal power grip - once warm.

But I didn't have any major problems with the OEM tires, expect for driving them too hard, and scalloping the tread blocks. My bad, I just over drived the car a bit too much and fuctup them up.

Don't know anything about Hankooks except that they're quick and cheap. A member here is running them on track days and says they have less grip around Laguna Seca. I already know that the Star Spec's have a lot more grip based on road driving, but I still haven't tracked them yet. Based on 5000 miles of road driving though, I expect them to be very quick. I also expect them to expire around 10,000 miles (my stock tires only worked until 7500)

Yes they cost more, but you get what what you pay for. Unless you buy PS2 Michelins!

In any case, changing tires will always change the feel of the car. It's just something you have to get used to. Fast, good, or cheap, pick any two....
This car has never been raced, modified, or abused in any way. Maintained as required, only wear items have been replaced with OEM or better parts, in compliance with all warranty terms, and federal and state laws.

kwsmithphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #119

boyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

picked these up two weeks ago in the stock size for 465 (with the rebate backed out of total price).

Bottom line: they're great for 115 bucks a pop. If you are in a pinch for money and need some cheap tires, these will get the job done.

I switched to save a few bones. I came from 3 sets of Toyo T1R and they don't perform as well, but the price diffence is pretty sweet. I had the new tires out in 60 degree wet weather, and they held up laterally in comparison with the Toyos. The issue I found with the Hankooks is the grip from a dig. I can feel the tires spinning on the asphalt in second gear, with no chirping sound...Hopefully they require a couple hundred more miles of break in than normal. (I was beating on them in 75 degree dry weather.)
boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #120
Wide tire man

dbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I notice the same thing, the forward grip could be better. Lateral grip is great.
Cobb AccessPort, Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport Stage II intake with TIP and airbox, Corksport rear camber arms, Corksport catted test pipe, Denso ITV22 plugs, JBR rear sway bar and HD mounts, CP-e stage II rear motor mount, Mazda5 rear brake upgrade, Bilstein struts, Eibach pro springs.
Too many wheels & tires to list.
dbrier is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/just-ordered-new-tires-hankook-ventus-v12-32959/
Posted By For Type Date
Forum Mazda Performance Series :: Zobacz temat - Opony letnie This thread Refback 03-23-2014 01:14 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series - Zobacz temat - Opony letnie This thread Refback 06-24-2011 06:58 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series • Zobacz temat - Opony MPS This thread Refback 01-26-2011 06:19 AM
TIRES TIRES & Tires - 2009 Price List - Simply Tire - Page 3 - TorontoMazda3 This thread Refback 07-23-2009 02:41 PM