register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #201

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,032 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm now at 16K on the Hankooks and just about to reach the wear limit. I do 16 miles each way mixed with some extended fwy travel and the occasional spirited drives. Was hoping to get to 20K but I'm not sure I'll get there. Knowing treadwear ratings vary, I am admittedly surprised they wore out this quick without track abuse. Rotated every 5K and aligned at least once. In comparison, the RE-50's went 29K under similar driving conditions with "half" the treadwear rating.

Regardless, they are a good tire and are holding up well amidst one of the worst rainstorms California has seen in years. I may consider getting these again despite the hefty price tag to replace so often.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #202
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I found them to be really really bad in the wet when at the first wear bar.
I got rid of them asap after that, and I'm glad 'cs it has been raining non stop recently.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
FreeFlyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #203

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't get me wrong they are slipping to some degree. But being they're nearly at 2/32 I'm actually surprised how well they're behaving right now.

Ownership & Build Thread
 Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #204
Thermonuclear Skeet

FantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,464 Times in 1,036 Posts
Groans: 188
Groaned at 333 Times in 222 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Design View Post
I'm now at 16K on the Hankooks and just about to reach the wear limit. I do 16 miles each way mixed with some extended fwy travel and the occasional spirited drives. Was hoping to get to 20K but I'm not sure I'll get there. Knowing treadwear ratings vary, I am admittedly surprised they wore out this quick without track abuse. Rotated every 5K and aligned at least once. In comparison, the RE-50's went 29K under similar driving conditions with "half" the treadwear rating.

Regardless, they are a good tire and are holding up well amidst one of the worst rainstorms California has seen in years. I may consider getting these again despite the hefty price tag to replace so often.
Hefty price tag? 15K miles and your Bridgestones got 29K? If I didn't know better I would think Bizarro logged in under your name. Your car is definitely an outlier on the bell curve. Interesting.

EDIT" I looked at your ownership thread. Did you buy your car used? If so I can guarantee you that the person who owned it before you changed out the stockers for a new set before you bought it.

Helicopter Cat LIVES

FantasmoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #205

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL no. Brand new.

Best guess is that it's partly due to the suspension geometry that changed shortly after installing the tires. I'm taking it back for alignment as the on-center feel has diminished slightly. No visual signs of uneven wear; no saw-tooth edges either. Will update if anything unusual is found.

Ownership & Build Thread
 Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #206
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,369 Times in 6,958 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL no. Brand new.

Best guess is that it's partly due to the suspension geometry that changed shortly after installing the tires. I'm taking it back for alignment as the on-center feel has diminished slightly. No visual signs of uneven wear; no saw-tooth edges either. Will update if anything unusual is found.
The on centre feel diminishing is likely due to worn upper strut mounts. Check those out first.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #207

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
The on centre feel diminishing is likely due to worn upper strut mounts. Check those out first.
Thanks - I had inspected them 2 months prior as the passenger strut nut worked itself loose (slightly). They appear to be fine; no excess play. Regardless, I'm planning to replace them when the new suspension goes in next year.

Ownership & Build Thread
 Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #208
Thermonuclear Skeet

FantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the worldFantasmoNegro is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks - I had inspected them 2 months prior as the passenger strut nut worked itself loose (slightly). They appear to be fine; no excess play. Regardless, I'm planning to replace them when the new suspension goes in next year.
Keep me updated on this. Any time I see something as unusual I like to find out the reasons why. Maybe you have more suspension than tire, and that would explain the excelerated wear. If your suspension allows you to do things your tires aren't ready for, I can see it getting wore out quickly. I wonder what a more race specific tire would do for you. I found in my mustang that sticky soft drag radials last twice as long as street tires because the street tires were constantly spinning, even under normal street driving, my car was too powerful for the tires. I wonder if this is the case for you.

Helicopter Cat LIVES

Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #209

Not Ranked  0 score     

Took a look at alignment today. Rear toe was within spec but a bit aggressive at .18*. Dialed it back to 0 and will continue to monitor. No other issues found.

Ownership & Build Thread
 Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 AM   #210

chriscarron has a spectacular aura aboutchriscarron has a spectacular aura aboutchriscarron has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Design, I was in California a month ago during that rainstorm, and happened to be near mullholand highway, so I thought why not...I couldn't believe how well these tires were gripping in the rain, I was pulling more lateral g's than I could on a dry day in Vegas...but Vegas roads are also the crappiest/slippiest roads I've been on, idk if it's oild buildup or what but it's awful
chriscarron is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #211
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,304 Times in 4,352 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So, the only question is, which tires would you go with if you wanted the same steering response as the Potenzas, but want to stay in the 160 dollar range??

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #212

kwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 41 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

RE760 Sports. They seem very well matched to the car, better than the Firehawk Indy 500 tires I had before. According to the weather droids I'll see how they do in the wet by tomorrow night, but they are quite good in the dry. No track time yet but I suspect/hope they'll do well enough because they have real good dry grip all around, and a very precise, easy to drive feel to them. $155/ea in the 225/45-18 size on stock wheels, no rubbing or scraping in the wheel well.
This car has never been raced, modified, or abused in any way. Maintained as required, only wear items have been replaced with OEM or better parts, in compliance with all warranty terms, and federal and state laws.

kwsmithphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kwsmithphoto For This Useful Post:
Dash08 (10-05-2011)
 Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #213
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went with the V12's in 225/40 18.

Great tires so far. Need more seat time to really tell though.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #214

zumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nicezumanback is just really nice
Groans: 1
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Decided too by the hancook Ventus V12 225/40 18's based on the reviews here.
It seems the best price i can get from America's tire is $734.80 - 80$ Hancook rebate =$654.

Anyone have suggestions for a cheaper price, that doesnt involve having them sent in the mail.?
zumanback is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #215

AZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,006 Times in 656 Posts
Groans: 65
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zumanback View Post
It seems the best price i can get from America's tire is $734.80 - 80$ Hancook rebate =$654.

Anyone have suggestions for a cheaper price, that doesnt involve having them sent in the mail.?
Look into the continental extreme contact dw. Or if you need something for some light snow and rain there is the dws series also. You can get them for a good price if looking outside of the Ventus V12's.
AZSPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #216

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zumanback View Post

you could get them here for $600 shipped, and they usually get to you in a day or 2.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
bova is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bova For This Useful Post:
zumanback (11-23-2011)
 Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #217

SRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,851 Times in 720 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 68 Times in 44 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Still loving my V12's after about 8k miles. They still have quite a bit of tread left (I'd say probably 60-70%) and still grip very well. They also handle fantastically in the rain...and surprisingly well on ice. I got to find that out this morning after last nights rain/snow froze overnight. Not a bit of ABS intervention this morning.
08.5 Mazdaspeed 3 - Cobb AP w/ Boost Targetting at 17psi, CP-E Nano SRI, ETS 3.25" TMIC, SU Test Pipe, CP-E RMM, Bilstein Sports, Cobb Springs, Progress RSB, Short Shift Plate, SU Solid Shifter Bushings, Dashhawk, Gold 18x8.5 Rota G-Force's, 235/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12's
253WHP/274WTQ on a Mustang Dyno before tune, 282WHP/318WTQ in VD after tune
97 Suzuki TL1000S Naked - LeoVince Slip-Ons, K&N Filter, PCII, fully custom naked setup
89 Kawasaki 650SX Stand-Up Jetski
SRTie4k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SRTie4k For This Useful Post:
Dash08 (10-28-2011)
 Old 10-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #218
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AZSPEED3 View Post
Look into the continental extreme contact dw. Or if you need something for some light snow and rain there is the dws series also. You can get them for a good price if looking outside of the Ventus V12's.
Don't bother, the DW's have been on back order from Continental for months.

I would Advise against the DWS' if you want to retain summer tire grip and response. The DWS' are an all season, the sidewalls are like gummy bears. You lose a ton of steering response and your MS3 will feel like a totally different car. They'll work great for all weather and climates, but in my opinion, a dedicated summer/winter set up is the best way to do it.

I exchanged the DWS' for the V12's. Closest snow to me is an hour and a half away in the mountains.

Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
Still loving my V12's after about 8k miles. They still have quite a bit of tread left (I'd say probably 60-70%) and still grip very well. They also handle fantastically in the rain...and surprisingly well on ice. I got to find that out this morning after last nights rain/snow froze overnight. Not a bit of ABS intervention this morning.
Yeah, the V12's are fucking incredible for the price. It's pretty impressive. Not as precise of a turn in as the Potenzas, but way more lateral grip.

Wet traction is great. I caught a review online somewhere, the V12's were nipping at the tail end of the beloved star specs. Right there in second place beating out the Invo's and the S-drive's. That's a hell of an accomplishment considering how much these tires cost in relation to the others tested.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #219

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dash08 View Post
Yeah, the V12's are fucking incredible for the price. It's pretty impressive. Not as precise of a turn in as the Potenzas, but way more lateral grip.
I noticed the same thing and attribute much of it to the Evo's softer sidewall. I cranked up PSI from 36 to 42 and noticed a significant difference. Individual results may vary.

Ownership & Build Thread
 Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #220

SKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on the Ventus V12 being better at lateral grip. I replaced mine that had about 24k on them, on the Bridgestone's I got only about 18k on them before replacing.

Currently running the Conti DW (225/45/18) and still too early to tell, but the sidewall does feel nicer than the hankooks. Tread wear is rated better than the hankook's so hopefully these will last ~30k.

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

SKiZ0TT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #221
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SKiZ0TT View Post
+1 on the Ventus V12 being better at lateral grip. I replaced mine that had about 24k on them, on the Bridgestone's I got only about 18k on them before replacing.

Currently running the Conti DW (225/45/18) and still too early to tell, but the sidewall does feel nicer than the hankooks. Tread wear is rated better than the hankook's so hopefully these will last ~30k.
You're fortunate you got a hold of the DW's. They've been on back order for awhile now.

I was gonna get those over the V12's, but nobody had them.

If you can remember, try to revisit this thread in awhile and give us a little review of the DW's. I'm very curious as to how they stack up against the V12's.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #222

kwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the worldkwsmithphoto is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am still very impressed with the RE760 Sports. They ride a bit harsher than super spendy tires do but they work well with the Gen1's steering and overall dynamics.

They do prefer warm tarmac though so they may not be the best choice for those of you in the colder states. But for the money I am extremely impressed with how well they respond and their lateral grip. Braking is quite good, but they need some miles to develop good power traction.

My previous tires were the Firestones that beat them by a little in the TR survey, but for this car and the kind of driving I do, I prefer the 760's. They take a bit longer to come on, but they hold their ground for much longer. I haven't rated them yet but I'd give them an 8.5 all around. Just consider for that much performance at that sort of price, you are going to lose a bit of plushness.

Haven't tried the V12's but I have heard so many mixed things about them. But Bridgestone and Mazda are very good friends so that might be why they work so well on these cars. Pretty much the same price, too.
This car has never been raced, modified, or abused in any way. Maintained as required, only wear items have been replaced with OEM or better parts, in compliance with all warranty terms, and federal and state laws.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 AM   #223

SKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dash08 View Post
You're fortunate you got a hold of the DW's. They've been on back order for awhile now.

I was gonna get those over the V12's, but nobody had them.

If you can remember, try to revisit this thread in awhile and give us a little review of the DW's. I'm very curious as to how they stack up against the V12's.
Yea I believe the 225/40 were back ordered but the 225/45 there were stock. With the poor streets around here, the 45 were a better choice for me anyway.

I'll update this after I get some miles on these

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

SKiZ0TT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #224
I <3 your mom

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SKiZ0TT View Post
Yea I believe the 225/40 were back ordered but the 225/45 there were stock. With the poor streets around here, the 45 were a better choice for me anyway.

I'll update this after I get some miles on these
Cool man. I'm curious.

The only reason I wanted the 40's was for the slightly stiffer sidewall. Gave me a bit more steering response. After that disaster with the DWS', I wanted all the response I could get.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #225

iracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond reputeiracer7 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

4 of these should arrive tomorrow for me.
Cobb AP, CPE SRI, Cobb Turbo Inlet, Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV, ETS 3.5" TMIC, TRZ Rear Motor Mount, TurboXS Race Pipe, TWM Shifter Bushings, Dabears2k 35W 6000k HID's, Luminiacs 2500k halogen fogs, Putco brake light led bulbs, CPE tow plate, Cobb Springs, OZ Racing Ultraleggara Gold Wheels, weapon r torque damper
iracer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #226

qwerty4550 has a spectacular aura aboutqwerty4550 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kwsmithphoto View Post
I am still very impressed with the RE760 Sports. They ride a bit harsher than super spendy tires do but they work well with the Gen1's steering and overall dynamics.

They do prefer warm tarmac though so they may not be the best choice for those of you in the colder states. But for the money I am extremely impressed with how well they respond and their lateral grip. Braking is quite good, but they need some miles to develop good power traction.

My previous tires were the Firestones that beat them by a little in the TR survey, but for this car and the kind of driving I do, I prefer the 760's. They take a bit longer to come on, but they hold their ground for much longer. I haven't rated them yet but I'd give them an 8.5 all around. Just consider for that much performance at that sort of price, you are going to lose a bit of plushness.

Haven't tried the V12's but I have heard so many mixed things about them. But Bridgestone and Mazda are very good friends so that might be why they work so well on these cars. Pretty much the same price, too.
Any comments on the tread wear on the RE760 sports? I currently am running the Goodyear Eagle GT's in 225/45/18 on 18x7.5 +45 offset Rota Subzero's and have gotten about 30k out of the tires. They were alright, but not the quietest ride and have a softer sidewall than the stockers (as expected). They also rubbed in the back when I weight in the back of the car even with the front of the rear fenders rolled.

I am looking to get another tire that will last me at least 30k and am contemplating between the 760 sports, Hankook Ventus V12 evo, Continental DWS and Cooper Zeon RS3-s. They are all in the same price range under $150/tire. I am willing to sacrifice some sidewall rigidity as long as it makes for a quieter ride. It wouldn't have hurt the Mazda engineers to put a little more insulation in the wheel wells! Any recommendations or do any of you know of special rebates on tires right now?
qwerty4550 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #227

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm the wrong guy to ask about tire wear, but it is a relatively hard compound. I suspect with their high UTQG wear rating they should last a "normal" driver for quite a while. I'm sure my mother could get 35K out of them.

The trouble with me is that I tend to bake tires long before the tread wears out. I'll be happy if I get 10K out of them before performance declines. Tread left is NOT a reliable indicator of tire performance over time. I haven't run a tire down to the wear bars in about 15 years.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwsmithphoto For This Useful Post:
qwerty4550 (12-04-2011)
 Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #228

goob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the worldgoob_os101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just picked up a set from Craigslist with only 500 miles on them. $180 for all four! They are 225/50/16s and are going on a set of RX7 FDs. Spring can't come soon enough.
goob_os101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #229

ANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant futureANGRYEAGLE has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm a big dummy and just ordered my tires. I ordered 215 40 18. They have already shipped. Am I going to be ok? Am I going to regret this mistake for the next 15,000 miles?
ANGRYEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #230
Thermonuclear Skeet

Not Ranked  0 score     

You will be fine.

Helicopter Cat LIVES

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FantasmoNegro For This Useful Post:
ANGRYEAGLE (08-27-2012), FreeFlyFreak (08-28-2012)
 Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #231

ChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the worldChimmyChong is the leader of the world
Groans: 39
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old thread revival

But FYI
I just bought some v12's and Hankook is having a $80 rebate on these tires untill the end of november
// JBR Dog Bone RMM // JBR Heavy Knob // JBR Solid Shifter Bushings // JBR Short Shifter Plate // JBR RSB // JBR 80D PMM // 15mm Front // 10mm Rear // SPC Rear Camber Arms // Sonic Tuning Coilovers //
// 6K HID // 35% tint // 12"RF with Infinity Amp // MZ Front Lip // 17x8 Enkei RPF1's //
ChimmyChong is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/just-ordered-new-tires-hankook-ventus-v12-32959/
Posted By For Type Date
Forum Mazda Performance Series :: Zobacz temat - Opony letnie This thread Refback 03-23-2014 12:14 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series - Zobacz temat - Opony letnie This thread Refback 06-24-2011 05:58 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series &bull; Zobacz temat - Opony MPS This thread Refback 01-26-2011 05:19 AM
TIRES TIRES & Tires - 2009 Price List - Simply Tire - Page 3 - TorontoMazda3 This thread Refback 07-23-2009 01:41 PM