register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #41

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Groans: 320
Groaned at 78 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Effective offset shouldn't be lower than +40.. most 17x9 wheels in our fitment are typically around around +45, being the median offset in +40 range...effective offsets of nearrly 30's doesn't make it that. Either way, it fits with a roll, and you can put a decent size tire on it. I'm also saying that you don't need a 5mm spacer to clear, people have gotten away with 3mm, it gives you that much more threads on your stock studs.
 Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #42

MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,559 Times in 4,052 Posts
Groans: 224
Groaned at 80 Times in 67 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So right now to run a 17x9 +43 wheel with 255/40 tires I'll need to roll the rear fenders, trim where the bumper meets the fender and use either a 3mm or 5mm spacer in the front. Did I miss anything?

Edit: I'm assuming camber will also be a necessity to an extent?

Project 1G; 1991 Eagle Talon TSi.

63MM Borg Warner Powered, Corn-Fed, 2.4L Long Rod Monster Under Construction

Stock Turbo-Stock Engine Grand Champion of the World!

501WHP & 569WTQ (PERM Tuned, 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS K04 W/N2O!!)

NATOR PA
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex For This Useful Post:
JacksonMS30 (12-13-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #43

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Correct. Are you still on stock suspension? Hopefully you have those v1's that you were talking about a while ago. I could've sworn I saw a couple ms3's on 17x9 rpf1s with stock style struts and 255's at OCC meet this past spring. For the front camber you will not need adjustment, although the car greatly benefits from it. My Tein Super Streets do not have built in camber adjustment like other coils. I have spc rear camber arms dialed into -1.5* which isn't very far off stock specs. I'm not sure how much static camber you are getting without arms, but you can get a good amount. If you go with 255 I would get the rear camber arms. You can get away with 245/40 without arms, just depends on how much camber you have as is. I recently test fitted my wheels on a speed3 this weekend, it was dropped (close to max low) on bc's with a fair amount of rear camber (no adjustable rear arms) looked like he could get away with a just a roll, no arms needed. I'd get the adjustable rear arms just for the sake of not eating up tires. BTW, I have spoke to @tigermack regarding their STX speed3 and they seem to think 255 is good for the front but you're better off going 245 in the rear. Besides better rotation, I don't know why 255's all around wouldn't be more appealing. You're better off asking him or his brother @justint5387 regarding their car prep.

Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
Looks great. I love my rpf1s. Definitely need to get 255s for my next set of tires.

I wanted to see if they would rub with 245s first and I am having no problems. I just needed a 3mm spacer in the front to clear the stock struts.
one of the cars at OCC, the other one was white, and I think he was the one on 255's. I know he's on here somewhere..

Last edited by Manny; 12-12-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #44

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you're adding rear negative camber via adjustable camber links in order to fit wider tires, you're "doing it wrong," IMO.

More negative rear camber means more understeer, which isn't what anyone looking for a well-handling MS3 should be after...

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
JacksonMS30 (12-13-2011), MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011), Nataphen (12-12-2011), SLOWHATCH (12-29-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #45

Not Ranked  0 score     

Like I said, it's pretty close to factory specs. Would you consider -1.5* too much? Just trying to get your opinion here, because I already know it works for me and have had great results at a regional level of autox with this setup. I'm not the only one either. I feel like you don't even need that much (-1.5*) camber to clear the rolled fenders. IMO, this setup is barely aggressive by any means. Yet, you can still fit fat tires without sacrificing performance. Plenty of people out there fitting this setup without "too much camber" or "doing it wrong" The Tsang brothers have used that much rear camber in their FSP 3 and in their STX speed3, tell them that they're doing it wrong.

Last edited by Manny; 12-12-2011 at 03:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #46

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manny View Post
Like I said, it's pretty close to factory specs. Would you consider -1.5* too much? Just trying to get your opinion here, because I already know it works for me and have had great results at a regional level of autox with this setup. I'm not the only one either. I feel like you don't even need that much (-1.5*) camber to clear the rolled fenders. IMO, this setup is barely aggressive by any means. Yet, you can still fit fat tires without sacrificing performance. Plenty of people out there fitting this setup without "too much camber" or "doing it wrong" The Tsang brothers have used that much rear camber in their FSP 3 and in their STX speed3, tell them they're doing it wrong.
Whether or not -1.5° in the rear is "too much" or not depends widely upon both what the car is set up for and what the front camber/caster values are.

For an MS3 with anything less than about -2° front camber, I'd say that yes, -1.5° is probably too much (especially for autocross - for open track it may be arguable depending on driving style/course layout).

But at any rate, I'm getting off of my original point, which is that you really shouldn't ever be adding negative camber with those rear arms. They're needed to remove unwanted increased negative camber in with relation to the front negative camber on lowered cars, or for the purpose of cross-camber removal. I'm just saying that you're not likely helping the handling prowess of an MS3 by adding rear negative camber with them unless you're running extremely aggressive negative front camber and need to dial the tail-happiness of the car down a notch or two.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #47

Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you happen to know stock rear camber values? I know the car comes with at least a degree of negative camber from the factory. There are huge variances when it comes to alignment though, I just don't see .5* (if that) being very significant.

While I agree that the bigger picture regarding overall alignment is more important; I think the addition of more negative camber in the rear is a negligible amount. I do not find that i've sacrificed performance on any of the autox courses I have driven on. I'm open to trying new things, so I will try dialing the camber back a bit and see how that goes.

To OP, don't make that shy you away from that setup though. Driving styles are very different and what works for one person may not work for another. How you set your alignment up affects that.
 Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #48

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,240 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Project Cars :: Project MazdaSpeed 3 - CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK

I'm not sure about the differences in fitment from gen 1 to gen 2, but CS's shop car in this blog has some good pics with 8.5" +45 wheels and 235 tires. They have pics on stock suspension and with H&R Sports a little further down the page. I like this perfectly flush fit personally, so 8.5" on +45s is what I'll be getting for my MS3. I'm still not sure about what I need for the MS6.

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nataphen For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011), uncorked11 (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #49
Banned

justint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have -1.8 rear camber, don't remember exactly. Could be just me, too little camber makes the car turn in a little slower, I prefer to get the turning done early.
justint5387 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justint5387 For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011), tigermack (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #50

Wastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
Project Cars :: Project MazdaSpeed 3 - CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK

I'm not sure about the differences in fitment from gen 1 to gen 2, but CS's shop car in this blog has some good pics with 8.5" +45 wheels and 235 tires. They have pics on stock suspension and with H&R Sports a little further down the page. I like this perfectly flush fit personally, so 8.5" on +45s is what I'll be getting for my MS3. I'm still not sure about what I need for the MS6.
The genpu has wider fenders. Lots of 17 inch setups have been done, where's Mack?
 Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #51

dastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,000 Times in 609 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

there is an evo tuner 2miles from me selling bbs mr 18x8.5...with 245s (i think)
dastpe is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #52

MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dastpe View Post
there is an evo tuner 2miles from me selling bbs mr 18x8.5...with 245s (i think)
OMG possibly my favorite OEM wheel on any car period!! How much?!

NATOR PA
4G63 (01-11-2012)
 Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #53

dastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex View Post
OMG possibly my favorite OEM wheel on any car period!! How much?!
i actually sold them to him off my ms3 for his personal car for $1100...i will email and ask him and let you know.
 Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #54

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dastpe View Post
i actually sold them to him off my ms3 for his personal car for $1100...i will email and ask him and let you know.
How could you let those go?! lol

NATOR PA
 Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #55

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by justint5387 View Post
I have -1.8 rear camber, don't remember exactly. Could be just me, too little camber makes the car turn in a little slower, I prefer to get the turning done early.
I run -1.1º in the rear, but I only have -1.4º in the front, so you could say that overall my car's a bit "camber-challenged." With my toe set to zero in the rear and with the front toed out 1/16" total in the front, my car turns in quite quickly.

I'd also like to say that depending on the particular camber curve of the setup, yes, half a degree of static camber can make a HUGE difference in how the car responds.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Last edited by Nliiitend1; 12-12-2011 at 08:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Nataphen (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #56
Banned

justint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the worldjustint5387 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
I run -1.1º in the rear, but I only have -1.4º in the front, so you could say that overall I'm my car's a bit "camber-challenged." With my toe set to zero in the rear and with the front toed out 1/16" total in the front, my car turns in quite quickly.

I'd also like to say that depending on the particular camber curve of the setup, yes, half a degree of static camber can make a HUGE difference in how the car responds.
Everyone has different interpretation of turn in, but i would never run front toe in on my cars
justint5387 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #57

tigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the worldtigermack is the leader of the world
Groans: 78
Groaned at 13 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why are you toed in? We ran 1/4" toe out in the rear... and about 1/16 toe out in the front.

I run close to -2 at one point in the rear. Faster turn in but in longer turns, it starts to grip harder so I dropped it to -1.8.
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #58

Nataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the worldNataphen is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

He said toed out 1/16, aka -1/16.

0 rear toe, -1.1 rear camber, -1/16 front toe, -1.4 front camber.

06 BM MS6=stock (totaled)
06 WWP MS6=suspension only (sold)
93 RX-7=single turbo swap, 300whp@8psi, 2600lbs (sold)
Wife's 10 MS3=bolt-ons & tune, 13.6 best ET (sold)
13 5.0
Wife's 13 Focus ST
The Following User Says Thank You to Nataphen For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #59

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

These posts are blowing my mind....

NATOR PA
Nataphen (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Do not feah de alignment specs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nataphen For This Useful Post:
JacksonMS30 (12-13-2011), MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (12-12-2011), Nliiitend1 (12-12-2011)
 Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
He said toed out 1/16, aka -1/16.

0 rear toe, -1.1 rear camber, -1/16 front toe, -1.4 front camber.
^This.

I still can't find my last record sheet that has my final caster values (which is why I haven't yet posted in the recent Alignment Thread), but I basically had the guys maximize (while keeping them pretty much even from side to side) both caster and camber using the slop in the top mount bolts.

I probably have a little more camber to gain if I fuck with the front subframe, but I probably won't get around to that until this Spring when the summer wheels/tires go back on. I'm been toying with the idea of ever-so-slightly dropping the ride height on both ends and figure that might be a good time to give it the ol' college try.

...and again, you guys (tigermack and justint8357) are running a LOT more front camber than I am. If I were running as much as you, I'd have my rear camber set significantly further in the negative direction as well.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #62
Dru

Dru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex View Post
So right now to run a 17x9 +43 wheel with 255/40 tires I'll need to roll the rear fenders, trim where the bumper meets the fender and use either a 3mm or 5mm spacer in the front. Did I miss anything?

Edit: I'm assuming camber will also be a necessity to an extent?
Good info getting thrown around in this thread.

I have purchased some RPF1s 17x9 +45 and they are fitted with AD08s 245/40s. Planning on fitting the wheels to the car in the next coming weeks, so I might try and post up some info with photos on the fitment.

I'm hoping that I won't have to use a spacer up front and might get away with just a roll/trim! Running stock suspension at the moment too.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #63
Dru

Dru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of lightDru is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rolled in the rear
5mm Spacers up front
Stock Suspension - Needs moar low!
No rubbing at the moment!

Room Up Front
http://i44.tinypic.com/2btymc.jpg

Room In The Back
http://i39.tinypic.com/6f8idy.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/s6m06q.jpg
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dru For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (01-11-2012)
 Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #64

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,183 Times in 2,324 Posts
Groans: 326
Groaned at 53 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

im looking at 17x8.5 +40 PF01's next year

will probably wrap them in 245/45's

also intend to drop down on H&R coils

should be interesting haha
8.5MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8.5MS3 For This Useful Post:
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (01-11-2012), silvapain (01-11-2012)
 Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #65

travis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 41 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm thinking about running a 255/40-17 @ same as stock height, 10" wide, what wheel offset would work best without rubbing? What width?

Sent from AT&T Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.
HT programmer, Mazdaspeed CAI, Turbosmart Dual port Bpv, Corksport Test pipe back exhaust, HTP TIP, Autotech CDFP internals, CP-E TMIC, Cobb Springs, Koni yellow struts, SU RMM, Ts shift plate, prosport bg, 10k headlights, 3k fogs, OZ Ultraleggera HLTs, Pioneer nav/dcs......On the way; Devils Own Stage 2
travis9935 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by travis9935 View Post
I'm thinking about running a 255/40-17 @ same as stock height, 10" wide, what wheel offset would work best without rubbing? What width?

hahah, good luck. only way i have seen tens run is stretch+camber
 Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #67

DickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did the OP ever get the wheels installed? i'm interested in possibly running a 17x8.5 +44 with perhaps 235/40 all around. stock height ATM but looking into either coilovers or H&R springs/Koni Yellows.. .still have more research to do

Long Signature made especially for Micha
DickFitzwell is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #68

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blendedej8 View Post
did the OP ever get the wheels installed? i'm interested in possibly running a 17x8.5 +44 with perhaps 235/40 all around. stock height ATM but looking into either coilovers or H&R springs/Koni Yellows.. .still have more research to do
that should fit fine.
 Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #69

SRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,851 Times in 720 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 68 Times in 44 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You might find you'll have to roll the rear fenders if you drop the car, but on stock suspension that should fit no problem.
08.5 Mazdaspeed 3 - Cobb AP w/ Boost Targetting at 17psi, CP-E Nano SRI, ETS 3.25" TMIC, SU Test Pipe, CP-E RMM, Bilstein Sports, Cobb Springs, Progress RSB, Short Shift Plate, SU Solid Shifter Bushings, Dashhawk, Gold 18x8.5 Rota G-Force's, 235/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12's
253WHP/274WTQ on a Mustang Dyno before tune, 282WHP/318WTQ in VD after tune
97 Suzuki TL1000S Naked - LeoVince Slip-Ons, K&N Filter, PCII, fully custom naked setup
89 Kawasaki 650SX Stand-Up Jetski
SRTie4k is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #70

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP hasn't installed anything yet. Need more go-fast goodies first lol

NATOR PA
 Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #71

mayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the worldmayer is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah should fit fine.
I run 17x8 +40 but I took off around 3mm so the actual offset should be around +43
I have 235/45 all around and I rub a bit in the back but since I have trackday-tyres they are a bit wider than street-tyres.
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4...j1164313em.jpg
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/4...j1164329em.jpg

Stock height
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6...j1175628em.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4408/dsf3716.jpg

Kw coils
http://jonatanfoto.se/MPS/images/large/_DSF3830.jpg
http://jonatanfoto.se/MPS/images/lar...F4069_Edit.jpg
http://jonatanfoto.se/MPS/images/lar...F3870_Edit.jpg

mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #72

doubleflusher has disabled reputation
Thanked 302,953 Times in 13,565 Posts
Groans: 1,443
Groaned at 329 Times in 304 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manny View Post
one of the cars at OCC, the other one was white, and I think he was the one on 255's. I know he's on here somewhere..
@802MS3

Beanfab / Tuned by Nishan
doubleflusher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #73
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by doubleflusher View Post
Black RPF1 17x9 on CWP

but I'm sure according to the suspension guru's, my setup is probably not optimal. I only have bilsteins, with not much ability to adjust front camber, and have rear camber set at almost -2.0, eibach springs, with cobb rear sway set on the softer setting. I think it handles fine, and I kind of like how hard it is to get the rear to break loose, and I ran it at NHMS like this for 2 days straight, and it felt fine. So I dunno, but I would love to get more front camber in the spring. definitely gonna be changing it up when it gets warm.
 Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #74

travis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 41 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 802MS3 View Post
Black RPF1 17x9 on CWP

but I'm sure according to the suspension guru's, my setup is probably not optimal. I only have bilsteins, with not much ability to adjust front camber, and have rear camber set at almost -2.0, eibach springs, with cobb rear sway set on the softer setting. I think it handles fine, and I kind of like how hard it is to get the rear to break loose, and I ran it at NHMS like this for 2 days straight, and it felt fine. So I dunno, but I would love to get more front camber in the spring. definitely gonna be changing it up when it gets warm.

Your car setup looks awesome, I'm thinking about getting 17's and 255/40-17. But lowering it like that wouldn't be to practical on the streets here, Last summer I had Cobb springs & 225/40-18's and my front lip was rubbing on all the approaches. So do you think your setup would rub fenders with the oe springs? I'm looking for something wider for more holeshot traction.

HT programmer, Mazdaspeed CAI, Turbosmart Dual port Bpv, Corksport Test pipe back exhaust, HTP TIP, Autotech CDFP internals, CP-E TMIC, Cobb Springs, Koni yellow struts, SU RMM, Ts shift plate, prosport bg, 10k headlights, 3k fogs, OZ Ultraleggera HLTs, Pioneer nav/dcs......On the way; Devils Own Stage 2
travis9935 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #75

DickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the worldDickFitzwell is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
You might find you'll have to roll the rear fenders if you drop the car, but on stock suspension that should fit no problem.
I'm fine with rolling my rear fenders. the roads here in CA and back in Texas aren't that bad. I'd like to run the exact setup posted in page 1 (red MS3 w/17x9) but like I said, wanna research it more. I know it will depend heavily on what suspension setup I choose. and i don't want to rattle my kid in the backseat to death haha.

OP: go fast parts FTW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Long Signature made especially for Micha
DickFitzwell is offline   Reply With Quote