register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #1

robertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default MB Wheels Weapon 17X8

Hey guys, just wanted some quick advice as Im about to buy these wheels. And wanted to know your opinion regarding fitment, I don't wanna fudge this up.

I called discount tire to check up on MB Wheels Weapon, 17X8 5X114.3 offset 42, they say it would fit, but that it was an aggressive setup. Im running on stock suspension and want to run 235/45/17 tires or should i go safer and buy 225/50/17 . Do you guys think it will rub?

Is anyone running the same setup?

I thank you guys for your time, patience and knowledge!

MB Wheels Weapon (Bronze)
robertoms is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #2

RayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,156 Times in 2,762 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Should fit. This will help... Tire and Wheel Calculator

Curious why you are going to a 17? Especially with a stock ride height? Your going to have almost an inch more of sidewall. Could lead to higher tire roll feel...
Cobb AP (Custom Tune), ATP GTX3076 28PSi, CP Forged Pistons .020 Over, Pauter Forged Rods, Bore and Hone Block .020 Over, CP-E DISI Injector Seals, ARP Head Studs, MZR Cometic Head Gasket, ACT Stage 2 Heavy Duty Clutch,Cobb SRI Intake, JBR TIG, JBR TB Gasket, JBR 88 Duro Transmission Mount, JBR EGR Delete , JBR TB Coolant Bypass, CP-E Big Turbo TIP, KMD HPFP Internals, Street Unit TurboSmart Dual Port BOV, CorkSport TMIC, CorkSport DP, CorkSport Test Pipe, CorkSport CBE, CPE Single Guage Pod, DashHawk, Prosport Boost Gauge, Devils Own Progressive Methanol Injection Kit 80/20 with D07 Nozzle, E85 Tune 50/50, JBR DogBone 88 Duro Rear Motor Mount, CorkSport Mid Chassis Brace, JBR Stage 2 Short Shift Plate, H&R Springs, 18x8 Drag DR38 +47, Eibach 5mm Spacers, 235/40 18 Brisgestone RE760.
RayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #3

robertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud ofrobertoms has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im going with 17" because road quality down here stinks, so ride comfort will be better and besides tires are cheaper

Do you think they will rub? I really don't want to roll my fenders
 Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #4

RacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These are the exact wheels i run for AutoX. 17x8 and i run 255 width tires. No fitment issues with stock suspension. when i lowered the car i had some slight rubbing(all because of tire width) from the rear wheel, and i just needed to add some negative camber in the rear. I like the rim had them since last spring, they are lighter than the stock wheels even with the big tire.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

They look really great, 255 (thats a huuuuuge bitch ), do gen 2 ms3s have the same clearance as gen 1s? Lucky number 13, looks very nice!
 Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #6

RacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't say exactly but i know that stock the gen2 wheels are .5" wider. but i don't think the body is bigger. If i had gone with a more narrow tire i wouldn't have had any clearance issues at all.
 Old 10-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im a bit scared that it will rub. My problem is that Im from Mexico and will go to Texas to buy the wheels n tires so if it doesnt fit Im screwed. 235 would be great but if it is risking it I will go for 225s.
 Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #8

daafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm planning on getting the same wheels after the winter. I'm going to run them as DD and use them in Autox since I'll be running STX. It's good to know you can fit 255's on them with no problem.

I know of one guy on here that was running 17x8 RPF1's +32 with a 245/45 and he only rubbed with a lot of weight in the back
daafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by robertoms View Post
Im a bit scared that it will rub. My problem is that Im from Mexico and will go to Texas to buy the wheels n tires so if it doesnt fit Im screwed. 235 would be great but if it is risking it I will go for 225s.
Even lowered it should take 235 like a champ. Like i said at stock height/camber i had no problems with clearance @255. Even with the trunk was loaded so you shouldn't have to worry. When/if you lower the car just make sure you properly adjust the camber and you'll be fine.
 Old 10-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im pretty sure gen1 ms3s have less clearance, Ive been reading the "Will This Fit??" Thread on mazdaspeeders and on similar cases they say it will rub. Maybe I should go with 225.
 Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Gen1 front and rear track are 60.4"/60" wide, with a 69" width body. The Gen2's has the exact same measurements. So even though the body and tire size changed nothing else should have changed with clearance. So if 255's fit, with no rolling a only a degree or so of negative camber in the rear on a lowered car. 235 would leave more than enough space on a stock or lowered height vehicle. Also stock 225's look skinny on gen2's 7.5" rims, so i can only image how'd they be with on a 8" rim.
 Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #12

7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dont want to start a new thread so il ask in this one since im looking at the same wheels. What about 18x8 with 30 offset at stock ride height. Any problems Or even 18x9 with 38 or 45 offsets?

Thanks
90 Miata Shift extender // Megan EZ Streets // M2 exhaust // Racingbeat intake // Turn Signal Intakes // Autokonexion GT Panels // Autokonexion Aero Fronts // Rota Kyusha 15x9 -15 205/50/15 // Sickspeed lugs // Custom Diffuser // GV Lip

08 Mica MS3 SURE TIP // SURE Intake // Custom Diffuser // Shifter Extender // AUTOTECH HFFP // APV3 // COBB Knob // YellowSpeed Coils // 17x9 RPF1s

08 True Red MS3 SOLD COBB SRI // CS-CA Box // RaceLand Coils // BC Racing BR Coils // Varrasteon ES221 // 5ZIGEN lugs // SURE RMM // TurboSmart Duelport // SU TestPipe // CNT CB // JRB SSP // JRB Knob // CXRacing FMIC // SUPER Tones // 2Nine Rear Diffuser // Nextmod lip // STI V-limited // Prosport BG
7th Initial is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #13

7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world7th Initial is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^BUmp
90 Miata Shift extender // Megan EZ Streets // M2 exhaust // Racingbeat intake // Turn Signal Intakes // Autokonexion GT Panels // Autokonexion Aero Fronts // Rota Kyusha 15x9 -15 205/50/15 // Sickspeed lugs // Custom Diffuser // GV Lip

08 Mica MS3 SURE TIP // SURE Intake // Custom Diffuser // Shifter Extender // AUTOTECH HFFP // APV3 // COBB Knob // YellowSpeed Coils // 17x9 RPF1s

08 True Red MS3 SOLD COBB SRI // CS-CA Box // RaceLand Coils // BC Racing BR Coils // Varrasteon ES221 // 5ZIGEN lugs // SURE RMM // TurboSmart Duelport // SU TestPipe // CNT CB // JRB SSP // JRB Knob // CXRacing FMIC // SUPER Tones // 2Nine Rear Diffuser // Nextmod lip // STI V-limited // Prosport BG
7th Initial is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #14

Haggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud ofHaggis3 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reviving an old thread here....I don't have PM rights yet....

RacerX78 - I'm looking into the same setup on a Gen 1. What offset are your wheels? And did you need a fender roll?

Appreciate your feedback.
Haggis3 is offline   Reply With Quote