register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By IshiKage
  • 1 Post By evil MS3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #1

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,040 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question New rims!

Picked up some 6 double spoke 17x7.5 inch rims that were ''just taking up space''
Came with rubber but it's shit, so looking for 235/45 most likely as it's not too far from stock speedo but a lot more tire than stock. Guam roads are fucking miserable, so I'm excited about that. Going to plastidip them after I get tires mounted and I'll post pics when there on the car. When I was wiping them down, to my surprise they're made by Enkei!
They're 45mm offset, only thing I'm not too sure about is stock ms3 is 67.1 hub bore and these are 66.1 so may have to sand a millimeter inside hub of each rim.. had a buddy with ms6 that had 350z rims I think he had to to make them fit. @Raider do you remember if Jeff said his hub fitment was miserable or not too bad?
Anyways pretty good looking rim and will give me more rubber, for cheaper when I get tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2415.JPG (1.24 MB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2417.JPG (1.24 MB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2409.JPG (1.20 MB, 70 views)
CP-E HPFpump™ CP-E 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System CP-E 3" SS Downpipe System CP-E Rear Engine Mount CP-E XcelNANO™ Air Intake CP-E Nviscid™ Pipe CP-E Triple Gauge Pod Cobb AccessPORTv2 Cobb Anti Sway Bar(rear) Corksport TMIC
PERM TUNED
Forge bpv Eibach ProKit Prosport Wideband AFR Boost Oil Temp Oil Pressure JBR Shift Knob SunTek CarbonXP 30% around
2002 Mazda Protege5:AEM sri KYB gr2's DDM hid RIP

Last edited by jax ms3gt; 02-08-2013 at 09:51 PM.
jax ms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jax ms3gt For This Useful Post:
Jh8909 (02-05-2013)
 Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #2

SweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice find man, look forward to seeing them on the car. What color are you powdercoating them?

||Cobb AP dyno tuned at 18psi||ETS top mount||Reworked K04||Ebay Catless turboback to HKS Hi-Power exhaust||
||Cobb sri & tip||Forge BOV||Eibach springs||CP-E RMM||Stop Tech rotors & Hawk HPS pads||Rota Torque 18x8.5's||
SweetLew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #3

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not gonna powder coat, going to plastidip them gunmetal or charcoal. It's only $25 bucks and easy to apply.. yeah I gotta save up for tires now but I'm excited
CP-E HPFpump™ CP-E 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System CP-E 3" SS Downpipe System CP-E Rear Engine Mount CP-E XcelNANO™ Air Intake CP-E Nviscid™ Pipe CP-E Triple Gauge Pod Cobb AccessPORTv2 Cobb Anti Sway Bar(rear) Corksport TMIC
PERM TUNED
Forge bpv Eibach ProKit Prosport Wideband AFR Boost Oil Temp Oil Pressure JBR Shift Knob SunTek CarbonXP 30% around
 Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ugly
 Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by IshiKage View Post
ugly
I think they'll look good on my car and be more functional then stock.. shit they look better than stock! With a more aggressive offset as well
PERM TUNED
 Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #6

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

based on the pics, no they dont...
memin likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IshiKage For This Useful Post:
bstover17 (02-25-2013), Raider (02-25-2013)
 Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #7

SweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think the wheels look okay by themselves, but I won't judge until I see them on the car. They might look gay, but they might look stellar too... Slap those bad boys on!

||Cobb AP dyno tuned at 18psi||ETS top mount||Reworked K04||Ebay Catless turboback to HKS Hi-Power exhaust||
||Cobb sri & tip||Forge BOV||Eibach springs||CP-E RMM||Stop Tech rotors & Hawk HPS pads||Rota Torque 18x8.5's||
SweetLew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #8

BlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

such a small wheel....why.....and yes ugly ass wheel...couldve done better imo

[12:57 PM] Enki: kim should sell her used tampons to msf as fresh teabags
2007 Mazdaspeed3 SOLD
2014 Mustang GT
BlckMs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

How's it such a small wheel? Plenty of ppl run 17s here and it's wider than stock. I think the pics don't do them justice, lol once they're on the car they'll look real good. It's not like I'm spending much to get them set up and will have a whole extra set of rims and tires.

And when I do spend money for rims they're still gonna be 17s.. actually still gonna be enkei as well, just wider and slightly lighter
PERM TUNED

Last edited by jax ms3gt; 02-08-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #10

BlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the worldBlckMs3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

17x7.5 is only half a inch wide than stock, when people run 17s dood they run 17x9 or even 17x9.5...not 17x7.5....im lookin into 17x9 +45 so i can slap some 255s on them...

2007 Mazdaspeed3 SOLD
2014 Mustang GT
 Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol yeah that's why I said ''when I do spend money'' I am aware of what people run, I've been on this forum for about 5 years, lol
WHEN I spend money I'm getting 17 by 8 or 8.5 rpf1's, until then gonna try these out as the only cost is buying new rubber which is cheaper than new tires for my stock rims and while only a half inch wider, still wider, I can prob get 245s on these for now
PERM TUNED
 Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jax ms3gt View Post
Lol yeah that's why I said ''when I do spend money'' I am aware of what people run, I've been on this forum for about 5 years, lol
WHEN I spend money I'm getting 17 by 8 or 8.5 rpf1's, until then gonna try these out as the only cost is buying new rubber which is cheaper than new tires for my stock rims and while only a half inch wider, still wider, I can prob get 245s on these for now
lol sorry didnt mean to come off as saying you dont know your shit, i guess i go into hate mode when i see a brown bar lol, should look at stats more often...yeah i think im just gonna keep the wheels i just bought on now and just buy 245s n call it a day, but runnin 255s on rpf1s just sounds so sexy lol

2007 Mazdaspeed3 SOLD
2014 Mustang GT
 Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlckMS3 View Post
lol sorry didnt mean to come off as saying you dont know your shit, i guess i go into hate mode when i see a brown bar lol, should look at stats more often...yeah i think im just gonna keep the wheels i just bought on now and just buy 245s n call it a day, but runnin 255s on rpf1s just sounds so sexy lol
No offense taken, I just haven't gotten around to donating again.. it will happen though
These wheels are just to get me more tire for Guams fucked up roads, and when I get stationed back in the US they will become my winter setup. I know they aren't the most impressive, but when I get some rubber and a couple gunmetal plastidip coats on them, they'll def be good enough for me, for now.
And they don't draw too much attention
PERM TUNED
 Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update:
Price getting the hub bore done it's $360 here in guam :/
Then came across different Enkei rims 17x8 so a little wider and they're RPF1's!!! 45 offset with 235/45 Kuhmos. Only thing that sucks is they are gold... but for $1000 total for 4 rims, 4 centercaps, and 5 tires (an extra tire) I pretty much can't pass it up, so first post will prob sell or setup for spares...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPF1 17x8 et45 235 45 Kuhmo.jpg (43.4 KB, 17 views)
PERM TUNED

Last edited by jax ms3gt; 02-25-2013 at 01:57 AM.
 Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #15
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,010 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That fits set of wheels look like AIDS.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Golden AIDS though
PERM TUNED
 Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

gold rpf1s are tits...needs to be wider tho imo

2007 Mazdaspeed3 SOLD
2014 Mustang GT
 Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

gold rpf1s are tits...needs to be wider tho imo
For 1000 I'll take it, and is 1 inch wider than stock. I'm still bolted on k04, 235 will be OK.
PERM TUNED
 Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dunno, CPe didnt make it, so I am still stunned you are gonna put it on your car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
BlckMs3 (02-25-2013)
 Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Raider; what...the FUCK....is being pulled out that doods nose

2007 Mazdaspeed3 SOLD
2014 Mustang GT
 Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

No idea, but it was big.
 Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #22

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I second that! Is that a rock! OMG that looks like some sick $hit.
cyber-ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #23

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Raider fuck man your sig is borderline nsfw... Lol.

Worst case scenario they could be used for a winter setup (for someone else that is).
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
thatsmrgimp2u is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #24

evil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,331 Times in 713 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cyber-ms3 View Post
I second that! Is that a rock! OMG that looks like some sick $hit.
Originally Posted by thatsmrgimp2u View Post
@Raider fuck man your sig is borderline nsfw... Lol.

Worst case scenario they could be used for a winter setup (for someone else that is).
Raider likes this.
 Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol so sold op rims for $400! Which is nice, until dude selling rpf1's decides he doesn't want to sell anymore.. so stock I'll remain..
On a positive note picked up a 150cc Lifan motor with mikuni race Carb, intake, intake Mani, harness, everything for $300!!! Be putting on my 2010 Sachs MadAss
PERM TUNED