register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #1

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Arrow Nitto NT-05

I just got a set of 235/40R18 Nitto NT-05s. Ordered them from an ebay vendor Sunday, and they arrived yesterday.

I'll post some pictures of them later after I get home tonight. These things are pretty wicked-looking, and the rubber seems VERY sticky. There's not a lot of tread depth (only 7/32") when they're new, but I've seen a couple of reviews that talk about how they don't seem to wear down as quickly as most of the other tires in this category (most of the other tires in this category have 10/32" tread depth when new). I read a back-to-back test review where the Nittos lost substantially less tread depth than the Star Specs they were tested with under identical conditions, so I'm hoping that's the case.

My last set of tires (235/40R18 Kumho XS, which have 10/32" tread depth when new) lasted me about 8-9K miles (mostly city) and two autocross events. I'm hoping to get similar treadlife out of these.

I won't probably get them mounted until after this weekend, but I'll be sure to post up initial impressions once I do.

BTW, all said and done, these things cost me less than $600 shipped.

Here are some crappy cell phone pics:

Last edited by Nliiitend1; 07-22-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Added pictures...
Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Marauder.45 (08-19-2009)
 Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wow nice price. are you rockin the stock wheels?
 Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #3

spheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond reputespheed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very excited to hear your impressions! I've been looking at these as well as the AD08 and RE11 to replace my stockers. What size wheel are you running these on? I've thought about trying to squeeze the 235/40 onto my 18x7.5 Enkeis as in my experiance Nittos seem to run a little small.
 Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #4

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3
wow nice price. are you rockin the stock wheels?
Originally Posted by spheed3 View Post
Very excited to hear your impressions! I've been looking at these as well as the AD08 and RE11 to replace my stockers. What size wheel are you running these on? I've thought about trying to squeeze the 235/40 onto my 18x7.5 Enkeis as in my experiance Nittos seem to run a little small.
I'm now using a set of RX-8 wheels (18x8 et50). I switched over from the OEM wheels when I got the Kumhos...

As far as their width goes, I haven't taken a ruler to them yet but they seem to be on par with the Kumho XS. I will be sure to take a measurement and post up a comparison when I get a chance.
 Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Updated the first post with pictures...

Also, I measured them (unmounted, of course) and they're right about 9.6 inches wide. I seem to recall my Kumhos being the same size (measured unmounted). I'll measure the Kumhos precisely before unmounting them, and then make the same measurement on the Nittos after I get them mounted for comparison's sake.
 Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #6

SgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,355 Times in 343 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nitto has real accurate measurements on their website. i have the nt01's and could not be happier with them. i still have yet to find their limit around turns. mine are 235/40/17's on 17x8s
CP-E Nano, CP-E Inlet, CP-E catless DP, CP-E Standback V2, CPE FullThrottle/No Cut Flash, CP-E FMIC, CP-E CDFP, CP-E HKS BPV, TRZ Poly MM, E4P Shifter, Denso Iridium ITV22 plugs, CP-E Towplate, PG V3 Manifold w/EGT bung, Saikou Michi OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/oil baffle, BC Coilovers w/front camber adjustment, SPC rear arms, 17x8 Anthracite O.Z. Alleggerita's wrapped in Nitto NT01's

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
damn josh u are pretty.... i swear if tina hadnt taken you id so rail u
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant - I can cure Skinny, Fat and Weak

http://jpnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com/

Sponsored By: CP-E
SgtP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I finally got them mounted this past weekend...

So far, I'm loving them. The biggest differences I've noticed so far between these and the Kumho XSs that I replaced are the sidewall stiffness and the noise level. Of course, the more compliant sidewalls of the Nittos have translated into a nicer ride, and I've noticed also that the steering effort is much less with the Nittos than with the Kumhos.

So far I've really only used them for my commute, but there's an autocross this Sunday so I'll get a chance to test out their limits a bit better soon. Even if these Nittos give a little up in the dry grip/feedback departments to the Kumhos, for a daily driver on 40 series tires they make the car much more enjoyable to drive (and they're cheaper to boot). I think those Kumhos had the stiffest sidewalls of anything short of an R-compound tire that I've ever experienced, and sometimes I wished that they weren't quite so "punishing" to drive on.

Also, I don't think I've ever had a tire that made more noise than those Kumhos did at the end of their life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Pseud0logik (02-18-2013), SLOWHATCH (04-22-2013)
 Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

how many miles/track events/autocrosses did you get out of the Kumhos?
 Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3 View Post
how many miles/track events/autocrosses did you get out of the Kumhos?
Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post

My last set of tires (235/40R18 Kumho XS, which have 10/32" tread depth when new) lasted me about 8-9K miles (mostly city) and two autocross events. I'm hoping to get similar treadlife out of these.
!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
FreeFlyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeFlyFreak For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (08-19-2009)
 Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #10

SgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,355 Times in 343 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my NT-01's are loud as shit...lol
CP-E Nano, CP-E Inlet, CP-E catless DP, CP-E Standback V2, CPE FullThrottle/No Cut Flash, CP-E FMIC, CP-E CDFP, CP-E HKS BPV, TRZ Poly MM, E4P Shifter, Denso Iridium ITV22 plugs, CP-E Towplate, PG V3 Manifold w/EGT bung, Saikou Michi OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/oil baffle, BC Coilovers w/front camber adjustment, SPC rear arms, 17x8 Anthracite O.Z. Alleggerita's wrapped in Nitto NT01's

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
damn josh u are pretty.... i swear if tina hadnt taken you id so rail u
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant - I can cure Skinny, Fat and Weak

http://jpnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com/

Sponsored By: CP-E
SgtP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I should mention that you could probably add about 1000 miles to the mileage I got out of the Kumhos (since it took me so long to get the new tires mounted up)...

They were beyond the wear bars and getting REAAAAAALLY squirrelly in the wet, but they definitely weren't corded or anything yet.

...and to re-iterate, that's about the same kind of mileage I got out of the OEM tires, so I think it's probably safe to say that they wear at a rate that is on par with the OEM Bridgestones.

Originally Posted by SgtP View Post
my NT-01's are loud as shit...lol
Which is another reason I'm so surprised at the quietness of these NT-05s. I definitely wasn't expecting it (even though I'd read a few reviews that mentioned their low noise level).

Last edited by Nliiitend1; 08-19-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #12

Marauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the write up.

My Bridgestone P-03s are about dead and I need some new rubber. Anyone running Cooper tires?

Go Fast: CP-E Xcel CAI, CP-E FMIC, HKS SSQ, PG TIP, Desno ITV22s, SU TP, Magna CBE, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 v101e FMIC

Handle Good: RPM Srpings, TWM Stage 2 SS, SPC Adj. Ball Joints, AWR Motor Mount

Look Hot: Badgeless Grill, Black Evil M, Black Powdercoat OE Wheels

TBD: CP-E Cat'd DP vs ATP Cat'd DP
Marauder.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #13

Kick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 16 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How do these Tires Measure up against The RE-11 potenza. I mean besides the price, are the 11's that much better for Autox.
Kick in the Box is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Marauder.45 View Post
Thanks for the write up.

My Bridgestone P-03s are about dead and I need some new rubber. Anyone running Cooper tires?
I have no personal experience with them, but as far as I know they're considered a "budget" tire that's performance won't match the "big boys."

Originally Posted by Kick in the Box View Post
How do these Tires Measure up against The RE-11 potenza. I mean besides the price, are the 11's that much better for Autox.
I haven't driven the RE-11s, but for the price difference they'd better be WAAAAAAY better than the Kumho XS, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, and Nitto NT-05. The only way I'd probably run the RE-11 is if either someone else was paying for my tires (sponsorship) or if I was seriously trying to be nationally competitive and it was determined to be "the tire to have/beat."

That said, I really liked how these Nittos performed this past weekend. It took me a few runs to dial in my tire pressures (which on the whole ended up being about 1-2 psi higher front and rear than the pressures I ran with the Kumhos) but I think I finally found the sweet spot for my driving style.

They seemed to warm up just as quickly as the Kumhos and while the softer sidewalls (than the Kumhos) required a slight driving-style adjustment, the overall level of grip didn't seem to be noticeably worse than the Kumhos.

The tires appeared to get less "gummy" than the Kumhos as well (despite their high level of grip) which may bode well for longevity's sake.

So far I have no regrets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Kick in the Box (08-25-2009), Marauder.45 (08-25-2009)
 Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #15

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,133 Times in 262 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone running Cooper tires?
I have no personal experience with them, but as far as I know they're considered a "budget" tire that's performance won't match the "big boys."
I second that, but my experience is a little dated now. I had a GMC Jimmy and ran Cooper tires after my stock tires wore down. The Coopers ended up having cracking problems along the rims. I would at least be very careful about doing research before buying that brand of tire.
 Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #16

Kick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond reputeKick in the Box has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default re

Where are you from? I just started autox this year with my 3, Two events two first place. Although The first was DS class only other car was a 09 cobalt Turbo. Second I went unoposed. I more or less race against freinds and family that are in GS. I was wondering, I get my RX8 wheels this week they have potenza so3 pole positions on them 225/45/18... would I be able to run a new Nitto or Potenza 235/40/18 on just the front? Our next event is not until 10/10 my back order swaybar should be on by then also. Thanks Mark
That said, I really liked how these Nittos performed this past weekend. It took me a few runs to dial in my tire pressures (which on the whole ended up being about 1-2 psi higher front and rear than the pressures I ran with the Kumhos) but I think I finally found the sweet spot for my driving style.

They seemed to warm up just as quickly as the Kumhos and while the softer sidewalls (than the Kumhos) required a slight driving-style adjustment, the overall level of grip didn't seem to be noticeably worse than the Kumhos.

The tires appeared to get less "gummy" than the Kumhos as well (despite their high level of grip) which may bode well for longevity's sake.

So far I have no regrets.
I haven't driven the RE-11s, but for the price difference they'd better be WAAAAAAY better than the Kumho XS, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, and Nitto NT-05. The only way I'd probably run the RE-11 is if either someone else was paying for my tires (sponsorship) or if I was seriously trying to be nationally competitive and it was determined to be "the tire to have/beat." Where are you from? I just started autox this year with my 3, Two events two first place. Although The first was DS class only other car was a 09 cobalt Turbo. Second I went unoposed. I more or less race against freinds and family that are in GS. I was wondering, I get my RX8 wheels this week they have potenza so3 pole positions on them 225/45/18... would I be able to run a new Nitto or Potenza 235/40/18 on just the front? Our next event is not until 10/10 my back order swaybar should be on by then also. Thanks Mark

I screwed that up, You can sort it out Thanks..

Last edited by Kick in the Box; 08-25-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #17

atenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice i m planning on getting the nitto nt-01's for auto-x they should be sick
 Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Where are you from? I just started autox this year with my 3, Two events two first place. Although The first was DS class only other car was a 09 cobalt Turbo. Second I went unoposed. I more or less race against freinds and family that are in GS. I was wondering, I get my RX8 wheels this week they have potenza so3 pole positions on them 225/45/18... would I be able to run a new Nitto or Potenza 235/40/18 on just the front? Our next event is not until 10/10 my back order swaybar should be on by then also. Thanks Mark

I screwed that up, You can sort it out Thanks..
I'm from Illinois, but I currently live in NE Florida.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run the larger size on just the front if you wanted to...They should fit just fine.

I take it you're moving out (or have already moved out) of the stock class?

Originally Posted by atenza_freak View Post
nice i m planning on getting the nitto nt-01's for auto-x they should be sick
The NT-01s are pretty nice tires, but I wanted something I could drive on every day as well...If I ever get around to getting a dedicated set of track wheels (probably 17x8s) I may try out the NT-01s or maybe just go totally balls out and get some Hoosier or Hankook R-compound tires...
 Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not even sure what bumps me up. For the next event I will have gone to Rear sway bar, AP and the RX8 wheels and at least two new Tires. Will the Tune = Boost control bump me?
 Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not even sure what bumps me up. For the next event I will have gone to Rear sway bar, AP and the RX8 wheels and at least two new Tires. Will the Tune = Boost control bump me?
RX-8 wheels alone put you at least into STU. So does the rear swaybar and AP, at the least.

The AP isn't strictly prohibited in STU, but you're not allowed to alter any of the boost tables so off-the-shelf maps that raise boost targets through the alteration of boost tables would bump you up even further into Street Prepared (DSP).

I actually ran a custom tune with stock boost table values for this last event (since I don't have r-compound tires) so I could run in STU but I think next time I may just say screw it, enter DSP and run my hotter map. I'm not really competitive in my Region in either class, so it doesn't really matter to me...
SLOWHATCH (04-22-2013)
 Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

What are your Suspension mods? Just got my AP, Just in from first ride.. How accurate is the Dyno mode, 287 HP and 328TQ. only one run 3rd gear. I feel that is High and Gracious. BPV , CAI and cat back. My local tuner gets his Dyno in Sept so I will find out. Thanks for your Help, Mark.
 Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't have any suspension mods.

I have no idea how accurate/inaccurate the Dyno Mode is...I've never even tryed it out...

Yeah, with all those mods you're in DSP at the least.
 Old 08-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #23

Marauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

So given the mod list below, what would I fall into?

Go Fast: CP-E Xcel CAI, CP-E FMIC, HKS SSQ, PG TIP, Desno ITV22s, SU TP, Magna CBE, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 v101e FMIC

Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #24

atenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how much lighter are the rx8 rims?? and ther 17's right
 Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #25
The Kamikaze King!

FreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the worldFreeFlyFreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,253 Posts
Groans: 754
Groaned at 128 Times in 100 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

18's, I forget exactly how much lighter. I want to say 2 lbs, but dont quote me.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/FreeFlyFreak/speed-3

Suspension:
OEM --> FSD 4040 --> FSD 4040 with cut stops --> MS Coils --> FSD 4045's --> FSD4045 with cut stops --> Bilstein Sports

Yes, that is me in the avatar.
FreeFlyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #26

Anklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond reputeAnklh has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 16
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have had the RE-11's for a while now. They ride well and are very soft.

245/40/18 on SSR 18x8 48 off
My grocery getter: 2007 MS3 GT with CP-E Xcel, CP-E DP, CP-E cat-back with 12 inch oval muffler, CP-E Full Control Flash, CP-E Nviscid, mrlilguy CDFP, 3.25 ETS TMIC, Forge BPV, NGK plugs, JB Racing Stage 2 short shift kit, Meth Stage 3 w/2.5 tank, Cobb rear sway, Cobb springs, SteedSpeed Exhaust Manifold, SU mount, 18x8 48 off SSR with 245/40/18 RE-11's, Inalfa Moonroof, Huper Optik tint ....Farm truck 3.3L Whipple over Compound turbos toy 4x4 Diesel
Anklh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

All this talk of wheels and tires and nobody besides the OP has any pics.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So given the mod list below, what would I fall into?
I think everything you have is allowed in Street Prepared EXCEPT for the BPV/BOV, which bumps you (and Kick in the Box, for that matter now that I think of it) into Street Modified (SM), I believe...

As FreeFlyFreak stated, they are 18" wheels. 18x8, et50 to be precise.

I never weighed them myself, but I've seen plenty of people say that they're roughly 2 lbs lighter than the stock wheels as well.
Marauder.45 (08-26-2009)
 Old 08-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

interesting,

wonder why the BPV kicks it over.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my Wheels whith tires, LKQ-ebay 500 dollhairs....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 034.jpg (160.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (173.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (153.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 038.jpg (105.2 KB, 9 views)
 Old 08-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like how it looks, you just need to drop that mofo a good 1" all around
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to glocK23 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 08-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good, you need some tire shine though!

Old 09-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #33

popecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 13
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP pics!!!!
 Old 09-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by popecruz View Post
OP pics!!!!
I haven't really taken any of the car since I put them on, aside from these somewhat-decent cellphone pics:

They don't really show off the tires though.

I'll try to get some better pictures soon.
 Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #35

popecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond reputepopecruz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 13
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you noticed a good difference in straight line traction with the nt05? I know you just got them and you want them to last, but have you done any hard 1-2 shifts? I'm looking for a good tire for drag racing on the street and was thinking about getting a set of these. If they aren't a huge improvement I'd probably go for the nt555r drag radials.
 Old 09-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by popecruz View Post
Have you noticed a good difference in straight line traction with the nt05? I know you just got them and you want them to last, but have you done any hard 1-2 shifts? I'm looking for a good tire for drag racing on the street and was thinking about getting a set of these. If they aren't a huge improvement I'd probably go for the nt555r drag radials.
An improvement over the OEM tires?

Absolutely.

Now, whether or not they'll provide the straight-line traction of an NT-555R may be an entirely different story...
 Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone run slicks on their MS3 at the track? Or a drag radial? How much time did they pick up?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #38

bf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 42 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone run slicks on their MS3 at the track? Or a drag radial? How much time did they pick up?
someone ran a 12.9 at 106 with dr's in 225 with just intake/bov
bf360 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #39
rabble rabble

Not Ranked  0 score     

^Yeah, check the drag times thread. our record holder on the forum for fastest ms3 ran with slicks. truboost is right behind him with DR's I think, then loosh with snow tires, lol.