register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree455Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #81

sumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

hope this is aggressive enough for this thread! lolz

Wheel specs are:

effectively
18x9 +31
18x10 +28

equipped with the 215/40/18's from the old advan setup.

this happened on monday 3/15/10

pic of the 215/40/18 on the 18x10 muahahah...

lol and i still havent finished the wheels

Hovercraft mode.

suspension all drooped.

and believe it or not I DONT RUB. muahahah!!!!

ive found some little knick-knacks that might help me go lower too. hopefully that + some tweaking + some old fashion ingenuity will equal a badass stanced ride!

i found out when the car was lifted, that the spring isnt sitting right on the driver side so im gonna do some messing around with rear suspension today, fix it, and maybe get it a little lower. but at least even lol. ill leave the fronts for another day.

well here are some pics of what i did this morning. sorry the pics are kind of dark and crappy. the sun is on the wrong side right now.

lowered the rear a little. excuse the fronts. they are still sky high. doing the fronts later. im now as low as physically possible with these bc's. well at least in the rear. its actually tucking the TINIEST bit!!!

p-p-p-p-poker face...

needz moar low...

this is a little issue lol. going up and down my drive way looks like this. when the new coilovers come out im hoping itll be something like this all the time XD. moar dumpt and tuck.

will post more and better pics when i get the car more dialed in.

Last edited by sumthaiguy; 03-18-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
sumthaiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sumthaiguy For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-18-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 12:43 AM   #82

Qwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why?

2006 MAZDASPEED6

FREEKTUNED @ 20PSI // COBB AP V3 // CPE TMIC // COBB SF // PG TIH // DENSO ITV22s // AUTOTECH INTERNALS // SURE TP // MAGNAFLOW CATBACK // JBR OCC // JBR IM SPACER // JBR PASSENGER & TRANNY MOUNT // SURE RMM // H&R SPRINGS // XXR 530 18X8.75 +35 // CAR LED TAILS // CPE REAR DIF MOUNT // TURBINE TECH FRONT DIF MOUNT // CPE TOW HOOK // 35% TINT // 3M DINOC WRAPPED ROOF // AUTOEXE CARBON FIBER BADGELESS GRILL
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Qwik6 For This Useful Post:
burntRice (06-09-2010), mdogg (05-02-2010), sellers (04-23-2010), Speed3eak (01-25-2011)
 Old 03-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #83

ZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats completely absurd lol
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #84

JMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,770 Times in 925 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2009 MS3 GT - Built engine, JBR intake/TIP and short shifter, all engine mounts, Autotech HPFP internals, ETS TMIC, Custom AP tune, Pauter rods, CP pistons, and 6-puck ACT clutch
-GTX2867R Coming Soon
JMEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JMEngineer For This Useful Post:
ButtholeRedMS3 (09-21-2015), doubleflusher (05-25-2010), RayRayBauder (05-02-2010), Speed3eak (01-25-2011), SpeedSixxx (03-19-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #85

sumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Qwik6 View Post
Why?
read the title of the thread. thats why.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sumthaiguy For This Useful Post:
Downmented (12-01-2011), phillyb (03-19-2010), Roszko (02-07-2012)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to sumthaiguy For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 03-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #86
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

while i agree that i would never make my car look like that, he does have a point.
we all knowingly clicked on a thread that said, "aggressive wheel offset."
what we didn't get from the title of the thread was...
something about your tires...
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
DaleNixon (03-19-2010), Roszko (02-07-2012), SpeedSixxx (03-19-2010), tbot (03-19-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #87

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wow...I feel sorry for ur car sumtaiguy...i won't even go into it...but damn...thats the gayest thing i've ever seen on a speed, and i've seen some fucked up shit.
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
tbot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #88

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,659 Times in 1,398 Posts
Groans: 778
Groaned at 444 Times in 240 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tbot View Post
wow...I feel sorry for ur car sumtaiguy...i won't even go into it...but damn...thats the gayest thing i've ever seen on a speed, and i've seen some fucked up shit.
lololol

i like the rims...

Last edited by SpeedSixxx; 03-19-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
SpeedSixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #89

Not Ranked  0 score     

lmao wow. why feel sorry for my car? i wish you would go into it so i can know exactly why you dont like it and think its the gayest thing. im not trying to impress anyone but i think just because its differnt people are so quick to put it down. nothing is fucked up about it. it functions just like it did before. it just has aggressive fitment on it. i think its better than all of the sunken fitment, spray canned, wheels that everyone runs. its unique and thats what i was going for.

haha o and lemme guess youre one of those ZOMG speed3 = racecar people that think if a mod doesnt add 23904923 hp its not worth doing. haha i bet all you have are power parts too. no style, no appeal to your car. car just looks lackluster and boring with more power.

i get my share of hate on what i do and the majority if not all of it comes from function-heads. they think the ms3 is a super car and that it should be modded soley for the purpose of racing and beating other cars. ive been through that phase. but then i realized that even though my car is quick, it still looks the same as when i drove it home from the dealer. stock.

and again READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. AGGRESSIVE fitment thread = thread for wheels that are more aggressive. you should expect that in a thread where boundaries are being pushed, someone would go to the extreme. i just went more aggressive and in the style that im going for, stretched tire goes hand in hand with this fitment. if i didnt stretch then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to run an aggressive sized rim and make it look pleasing. then this thread would just be full of normal wheels. then we'd fall into our own monotony.

haha you feel sorry for my car? i feel sorry for YOUR car. its smack dab in the monotony of the bajillions of ms3's that look EXACTLY the same.

people like you are what dumbs down the mazda scene. im just bringing something new to the table. im a avid fan of wheel fitment/hellaflush/wrongfitmentcrew etc... its my style and its what i like. so thats why i did it. instead of embracing it or at least, if you dont like it, being courteous about it, you insult and shun it.

O and thanks speedsixxx!
Fgonz662 and skiller like this.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sumthaiguy For This Useful Post:
CyA Sp33d (06-07-2010), Downmented (12-01-2011), KeysMS3 (04-11-2010), liquidsix (11-14-2012), Rokusek (07-14-2011), Roszko (02-07-2012), skiller (04-12-2014), SpeedSixxx (03-19-2010), tom9293 (03-25-2012)
 Old 03-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #90

romeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud of
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

good look..100% with the hellaflush movement. Once I get my coils and _____ rims, stancewise, we'll be similiar.

-cookie cutter mods-
romeox929 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #91

SpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the worldSpeedSixxx is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,659 Times in 1,398 Posts
Groans: 778
Groaned at 444 Times in 240 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ppl talked shit about my rims as well when i posted pics...cause it's different..

i like em and they bigger then stock

18x8.5
235-40-18

SpeedSixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #92

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Re: OFFICIAL AGGRESSIVE OFFSET THREAD

Originally Posted by sumthaiguy

lmao wow. why feel sorry for my car? i wish you would go into it so i can know exactly why you dont like it and think its the gayest thing. im not trying to impress anyone but i think just because its differnt people are so quick to put it down. nothing is fucked up about it. it functions just like it did before. it just has aggressive fitment on it. i think its better than all of the sunken fitment, spray canned, wheels that everyone runs. its unique and thats what i was going for.

haha o and lemme guess youre one of those ZOMG speed3 = racecar people that think if a mod doesnt add 23904923 hp its not worth doing. haha i bet all you have are power parts too. no style, no appeal to your car. car just looks lackluster and boring with more power.

i get my share of hate on what i do and the majority if not all of it comes from function-heads. they think the ms3 is a super car and that it should be modded soley for the purpose of racing and beating other cars. ive been through that phase. but then i realized that even though my car is quick, it still looks the same as when i drove it home from the dealer. stock.

and again READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. AGGRESSIVE fitment thread = thread for wheels that are more aggressive. you should expect that in a thread where boundaries are being pushed, someone would go to the extreme. i just went more aggressive and in the style that im going for, stretched tire goes hand in hand with this fitment. if i didnt stretch then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to run an aggressive sized rim and make it look pleasing. then this thread would just be full of normal wheels. then we'd fall into our own monotony.

haha you feel sorry for my car? i feel sorry for YOUR car. its smack dab in the monotony of the bajillions of ms3's that look EXACTLY the same.

people like you are what dumbs down the mazda scene. im just bringing something new to the table. im a avid fan of wheel fitment/hellaflush/wrongfitmentcrew etc... its my style and its what i like. so thats why i did it. instead of embracing it or at least, if you dont like it, being courteous about it, you insult and shun it.

O and thanks speedsixxx!
Lol, it all comes down to opinions! They're like assholes, everyones got one. And no my car isn't all power mods, and no it doesn't look factory and to be honest I don't even have a 3. Regardless, that's all meaningless. I'm not gunna go into because it's not worth wasting my time arguing about your personal taste vs mine. I know exactly what this thread is and what it's about. Props to u fir fitting some wide ass rims on it car. But where I come from those stretched tires are on nothing but riced out beaner mobiles that can barely get them and their 30 illegal friends to point b. Basically what I'm saying is that "appeal" has been ruined to me. Yeah I can pull the form vs function card but I'm not. My car is my DD so I mod towards making that as enjoyable as possible and ironically that also my personal taste for modding.

I've done that kinda shit before when I was into hondas back in the day...needless to say I hated driving anywhere because it wasn't fun for me, always watching out for bumps, getting the exact approach angle to make it into a driveway or parking lot so u don't fuck anything up...it got old really fast! I can run a 10" wide wheel with tires that aren't stretched (255-265 I believe) and not really have much of any issue rubbing. Again it all comes down to your background and modding style. Yours is obviously not even close to mine, so instead of being a little bitch and whining about it, take my opinion for what it is, just that, an opinion and move on!!! It's not that hard to do, unless I somehow ruined ur pride in some way because OH MY GOD someone didn't like my rims!!! Jesus dude grow up, if you can't deal with what someone says GTFO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
tbot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #93

SRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the worldSRTie4k is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,851 Times in 720 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 68 Times in 44 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't like it simply because the lip of the wheel sticks out way too damn far. While I typically don't like the "hellaflush" (stupidest name for a "fad" ever btw) look in general, yours doesn't even qualify IMO. The point of the style is to make the lip as flush with the edge of the fender as possible, not to push it out an extra 1/2 an inch.
08.5 Mazdaspeed 3 - Cobb AP w/ Boost Targetting at 17psi, CP-E Nano SRI, ETS 3.25" TMIC, SU Test Pipe, CP-E RMM, Bilstein Sports, Cobb Springs, Progress RSB, Short Shift Plate, SU Solid Shifter Bushings, Dashhawk, Gold 18x8.5 Rota G-Force's, 235/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12's
253WHP/274WTQ on a Mustang Dyno before tune, 282WHP/318WTQ in VD after tune
97 Suzuki TL1000S Naked - LeoVince Slip-Ons, K&N Filter, PCII, fully custom naked setup
89 Kawasaki 650SX Stand-Up Jetski
SRTie4k is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #94

Monstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

ZOMG! I'm flush, but not sticking out! *sigh* Even brought the ride height up a little bit...

Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monstar For This Useful Post:
RacerX78 (11-14-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #95

starscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the world
Groans: 44
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MS3 w/ Cobb Springs
RX8 Tires (225/40/18)
and 20mm spacers...

Would that work to make it flush? or....
 Old 03-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #96

Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol, it all comes down to opinions! They're like assholes, everyones got one. And no my car isn't all power mods, and no it doesn't look factory and to be honest I don't even have a 3. Regardless, that's all meaningless. I'm not gunna go into because it's not worth wasting my time arguing about your personal taste vs mine. I know exactly what this thread is and what it's about. Props to u fir fitting some wide ass rims on it car. But where I come from those stretched tires are on nothing but riced out beaner mobiles that can barely get them and their 30 illegal friends to point b. Basically what I'm saying is that "appeal" has been ruined to me. Yeah I can pull the form vs function card but I'm not. My car is my DD so I mod towards making that as enjoyable as possible and ironically that also my personal taste for modding.

I've done that kinda shit before when I was into hondas back in the day...needless to say I hated driving anywhere because it wasn't fun for me, always watching out for bumps, getting the exact approach angle to make it into a driveway or parking lot so u don't fuck anything up...it got old really fast! I can run a 10" wide wheel with tires that aren't stretched (255-265 I believe) and not really have much of any issue rubbing. Again it all comes down to your background and modding style. Yours is obviously not even close to mine, so instead of being a little bitch and whining about it, take my opinion for what it is, just that, an opinion and move on!!! It's not that hard to do, unless I somehow ruined ur pride in some way because OH MY GOD someone didn't like my rims!!! Jesus dude grow up, if you can't deal with what someone says GTFO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok first off, my reply was based off of the responses ive gotten on other mazda forums where ALL of the negative responses where just bashing what ive been doing. i explained to them that it was just my style and what not. but they wouldnt have it. they continued to bash on it because it wasnt the norm and performance oriented. how was i supposed to know that someone would actually register it in their head that this is just my personal style and accept it and not bash on it becuase of its not the norm. your comment was very hateful and vague so i didnt know what you were hating on because i see no point in arguing over personal preferences. it just propelled me to believe that it was just another function head trying to bash my car because its not in racecar mode. so i tried to defend my choices.

and i can see where your coming from when you say that this was a ricey beaner thing and it ruined the appeal for you. its not like that where i come from. at least not the scene im in. when people look at my car and see the fitment they immediately think hellaflush style/wfc/stance not messican style.

and im not being a little bitch about it. i can take opinions. hell ive taken a shit load of negative feedback from ALL of the forums ive posted on. my car has been the pinnacle of controversy. i can understand people not liking my wheel choices (personal style) or my fitment.

what i CANT understand is why people have to be fucking douches with the beaches of california shoved up in their vaginas about it. an "o i dont like it" wouldve sufficed. it just brings unnecessary negativity to the scene. and makes you look like a total dick.

haha you say for me to grow up? im pretty mature and calm when it comes to stuff like this. but its when people leave asshole comments like yours that get me. i just dont get why people leave rude comments like that. deters the mazda scene from progressing into new light and makes the mazda world look like a bad place to be in because its so negative.

the way i see it is that if im not rude and being a dick to someone i dont see any reason they should be like that to me. its just rude. i dont know about SOME people, but my mother taught me to be a better person than that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sumthaiguy For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-21-2010), tbot (03-20-2010)
 Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #97
das macht kein sinn

mizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,506 Times in 583 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am so excited that this thread exists.

Wow, somethaiguy, that is some serious WFC stuff. I just found the website because there is going to be a meet in Charlotte next weekend. I really want to go but my car isn't going to be dropped by then and I don't want my 4x4 sticking out like a sore thumb.
Picture:

I have 4 of those wheels but I had the stockers in the front for this picture.

They're 18x8 +35 with 225/40R18 Nitto 555s

Will be dropped soon and I'll take some pictures for this thread.

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't, it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
mizboo102 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mizboo102 For This Useful Post:
DaleNixon (03-20-2010)
 Old 04-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #98

speedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 56 Times in 56 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

OMG here we go once again if u dont like somethaiguy's set up GTFO!!!!!!!!

the thread is call AGGRESSIVE WHEEL OFFSET

main's low offset +35 and undet will be good
 Old 04-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #99

rossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the worldrossisboss07 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok... here's my outlook on this style... I like it, when done somewhat conservatively...
what I don't like is the setups that put the sidewall of the tire at a 45' angle to the rim...
it seems dangerous (sidewall wear? rubbing and it wears through? bead popping off?)
and like your wasting wheel width.

I like this look:

this is too far:

the bottom wheel needs some 245/40 tires to me... again to each their own though.

anyways, subbing for some nice rides. I'd love to go low with my MS3 if I had the money
and could still keep good clearance around where I live.
 Old 04-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #100

speedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud ofspeedyhans has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JMEngineer View Post

this s not hellaflush, this is call pock. know the diffrence b4 posting and looking stupid!!!
 Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #101
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hahaha I think he was just fucking around.

This is the sickest, most dope fitment I've seen on an MS3 yet. Its some dude on M3F (Dazed&Confused I think):

Rota Grid's 18x9.5 +38 w/ 235/40 tires

I WILL be rocking this setup one day!
citopz and Westbound like this.
:: Gusto :: (11-30-2010), acmhd7 (04-11-2010), BaseballD2 (04-29-2010), burntRice (06-09-2010), Chriscote (11-07-2010), DaleNixon (04-11-2010), doubleflusher (04-13-2010), fishin53 (01-25-2011), Lex (04-18-2010), mizboo102 (04-15-2010), phillyb (04-26-2010), Qwik6 (04-16-2010), RayRayBauder (05-02-2010), Realgib3 (05-05-2010), retrobmx63 (05-23-2010), Rokusek (07-14-2011), Roszko (05-09-2010), SIXual Panda (12-06-2010), spoonher (04-13-2010)
 Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #102

acmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the worldacmhd7 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

MY god that CWP is SICK!!
acmhd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #103

romeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud ofromeox929 has much to be proud of
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^perfect fitment...just a liiitle lower if it were my car.
Fgonz662 likes this.

-cookie cutter mods-
romeox929 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #104

ZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

those grids or p45rs?
 Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #105

Ms3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud ofMs3speed has much to be proud of
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default ms3 wheels

Motegi sp10 18x8 40mm Et, Im running 225/40s right now with slight drifter strech but the 8" wheels would take 235/40s just perfect and there pretty agressive right now, so much that I have been holding off on my H&R sport springs cause I don't know if these will work even with fenders rolled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_161a71d02e2c4c96a19ce2ef28e7ec4e.jpg (18.1 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg l_c1173e76dfd64879b2e52e0e72376853.jpg (35.6 KB, 426 views)
Ms3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms3speed For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (04-12-2010), doubleflusher (04-29-2010)
 Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #106
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those wheels are nice. Wouldn't look bad with a small drop and some rolled fenders though

stock dampers suck, so you should replace those when you put the springs in. seriously, they suck.

Originally Posted by ZoomByU View Post
those grids or p45rs?
Yeah I dunno...wheel dude doesn't have the p45r's in +38

P45R http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5611

Grid http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5742

yo man, did you ever put up pics of the stock wheels with spacers?

Last edited by 802MS3; 04-12-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
802MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #107

Not Ranked  0 score     

no i dont have any. not sure where they went. im trying to get a new set of spacers so i can go back to stockers though.
 Old 04-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #108

Flightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 5
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would I be able to get away without rubbing on 18x8.5 +48 rota g-force wheels with 225/45/18 yoko advan neovas on my speed6? I am dropped 1.4" with h&r sports and fenders aren't rolled.
Flightmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #109
rabble rabble

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ZoomByU View Post
no i dont have any. not sure where they went. im trying to get a new set of spacers so i can go back to stockers though.
so you aren't using the stock wheels w/ spacers right now? what wheels are you rocking?
 Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #110

doubleflusher has disabled reputation
Thanked 302,953 Times in 13,565 Posts
Groans: 1,443
Groaned at 329 Times in 304 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just picked these up last night.

EVO X 18x8.5 +38

I'm not sure they're going to be too aggressive, but I will need to roll the fenders

Beanfab / Tuned by Nishan

Last edited by doubleflusher; 05-25-2010 at 11:18 AM.
doubleflusher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #111

Monstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

On the 6 they looks nice...That is MY opinion. Never seen em on a 3. +38 should be a good fit.

Originally Posted by doubleflusher View Post

EVO X 18x8.5 =38

I'm not sure they're going to be too aggressive, but I will need to roll the fenders

Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #112
rabble rabble

Not Ranked  0 score     

EVO X 18x8.5 =38

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu what did you pay. They will look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
 Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #113

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3 View Post
so you aren't using the stock wheels w/ spacers right now? what wheels are you rocking?
i have some black(spraycanned) RX8's. bought them for 75 bux no joke lol. running 235s
 Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #114

CeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the sickest, most dope fitment I've seen on an MS3 yet. Its some dude on M3F (Dazed&Confused I think):
DAMMIT! Ive been planning to do this too. me too slow.
CeeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #115

b-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud ofb-ron has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

not a speed but just got these on 2 days ago 18x9.5 +25

Westbound likes this.

Last edited by b-ron; 04-16-2010 at 10:16 PM.
b-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-ron For This Useful Post:
madvillain (04-16-2010), phillyb (04-26-2010)
 Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #116

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes please!
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #117

Qwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the worldQwik6 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rota Grid's 18x9.5 +38 w/ 235/40 tires

I WILL be rocking this setup one day!
OMFG! These are going on my speed6.

2006 MAZDASPEED6

FREEKTUNED @ 20PSI // COBB AP V3 // CPE TMIC // COBB SF // PG TIH // DENSO ITV22s // AUTOTECH INTERNALS // SURE TP // MAGNAFLOW CATBACK // JBR OCC // JBR IM SPACER // JBR PASSENGER & TRANNY MOUNT // SURE RMM // H&R SPRINGS // XXR 530 18X8.75 +35 // CAR LED TAILS // CPE REAR DIF MOUNT // TURBINE TECH FRONT DIF MOUNT // CPE TOW HOOK // 35% TINT // 3M DINOC WRAPPED ROOF // AUTOEXE CARBON FIBER BADGELESS GRILL
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #118

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

EVO X 18x8.5 =38

DUDE! ull be ok, I'm running advan RG 18x 8.5 +31 on a 245/45 r18 tire on a ms3 and i don't rub. ull be ok
 Old 04-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #119

gee0819 will become famous soon enoughgee0819 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by H3LLFiR3 View Post
Wheels are 18x8.5 +35
Tires are 245/40/18

Simple rolling of the fenders and boom, done =]
Any Advice or threads on rolling fenders to fit off35's on? I just bought a set of 35 offset wheels 18x8.
gee0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #120

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,015 Times in 1,768 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gee0819 View Post
Any Advice or threads on rolling fenders to fit off35's on? I just bought a set of 35 offset wheels 18x8.
yea you just need a rear roll, rent a wheel roller or have a shop do it

SOLD//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 AP // Corksport CTS4
// HKS Ignition // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/official-aggressive-offset-thread-40254/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda MAZDASPEED3 tuning wheels 17x9.5, ET +38, tire size / R17. 17x9.0 ET+45 This thread Refback 11-12-2015 12:03 PM
Best stancenation. Every City & Every State | searchsaving.com This thread Refback 12-20-2012 10:36 AM
Question on Durability of ROTA Wheels? | CustomPinoyRides.com - Pinoy Pride In Our Rides! This thread Refback 11-24-2012 12:24 AM
[WA] How much does a polar bear weigh ...? - Page 2 This thread Refback 01-25-2012 03:27 PM
[WA] How much does a polar bear weigh ...? This thread Pingback 05-24-2011 07:22 AM