register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #41

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I had a ms6 then I wouldn't worry about DR, but since us ms3ers are fail wheel drive with good power, we need more then a street tire to put the power to the ground.

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #42
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

NT-05s are the fucking shit. fix your tune if you want to help wheel spin. reverse boost taper FTW.
 Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #43

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah true but I'd rather use the tire to get traction tho.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #44
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,249 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

reviving old thread FWIW...

I have run Z1 Stars and they are have fairly good grip but quickly turn into a hockey puck.

I then went to Advan A048 [current tire] which are killer in the grip department since they are DOT R compound tires but I wore them out in 6 months and they are over 300 each. ouch!

I wanted to try the Hancook R-s3 but they are on national back order for 30-90 days in my size 235-40-18...and I am currently running slicks with the A048s..

sooooooo

I am gonna give the NT05s a try and see how they stand up...then try the Nt01 if that doesn't work...tired of buying expensive tires to only have them last 6 months lol

I have even adjusted my tune for reverse taper and hoping the combination of NT05 and that will give me a little more fun in 3rd gear

BTW.

anyone tried using performance snow tires? Like Mich pilot Pa3s I know a guy that's trying to talk me into those but I just don't think I can do it...haha

@driver311

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (01-25-2012)
 Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #45
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the nt-05s really are an awesome cheap tire. They are def not a drag radial, but in the turns, they do not disappoint.
 Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #46
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yup...we'll see...if I don't like them I'll get 2 nt01s for the front or go the driver311 route and get some mich pa3s and see what they are like...lol

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
 Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #47

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah thats the thing, my friend had the 555r's for 6 months and they looked like they had about 60% tread life left. And he went to the local track a couple of times and did a few burnouts. Which is hard for me not to go with these.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #48
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

unless I am blind in one and can't see out of the other the 555r's don't come in my size

235-40-18

Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #49

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm going to be running the 245/45r17

Old 01-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #50
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah...seems they come in a ton of 17" sizes...Maybe I need my 2nd pair of rims to be 17s lol

Boosted Beluga (01-26-2012)
 Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #51

daafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the worlddaafisch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

and 17inch tires are cheaper
daafisch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daafisch For This Useful Post:
 Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #52
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol...right but I am an old man and don't want to lower my car and don't like huge gaps or sidewalls....what do ya do!

Old 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #53

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well if you have coils thats not a problem.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #54

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so I've had the 555R's on for about a week now. I'm very impressed with the grip. spins a little in 1st and thats it. At 35psi in the tires. In the rain they seem good but well find out more this weekend. Haven't gone on any twisties yet tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted Beluga For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-13-2012)
 Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #55

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@daafisch
@travis9935
@deek
@jroc
@Palms
@rfinkle2
@Dano

The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted Beluga For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-13-2012)
 Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #56

jroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the worldjroc is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,110 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ive never tried them besides sitting bitch in a 500hp cobra at WOT on a highway on ramp. they did grip.

i wouldnt necessarily take them through turns though.

NASA Time Trials/Time Attack, Global Time Attack

A miata may be gay, but its probably faster than your car around a track. That's pretty gay.
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #57

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

As soon as the weather clears up I'm going to try them out in the turns and report back. The V12s handled good but with the soft sidewall I didn't like them. Well see how these do.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #58

deek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boosten Ya(josh) View Post
As soon as the weather clears up I'm going to try them out in the turns and report back. The V12s handled good but with the soft sidewall I didn't like them. Well see how these do.
the nt05's should be a vast improvement over the v12's.

6 inch pro comp lift, 35x12.50x20 pro comp tires, pro comp 7089 wheels 20x9.5
deek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #59

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

True. But I have nt555rs. They feel pretty solid but we'll see.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #60

deek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the worlddeek is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

True. But I have nt555rs. They feel pretty solid but we'll see.
ah sorry reading fail. the nt555r will be a huge better in a straight line, i would try to air them up a little higher, drag radials typically have a softer compound to go straight faster. In the turns it will roll over more.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #61

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its all good man. Yeah currently they are at 35psi and spin 1st and 2nd a little.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #62

travis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 41 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by deek View Post
ah sorry reading fail. the nt555r will be a huge better in a straight line, i would try to air them up a little higher, drag radials typically have a softer compound to go straight faster. In the turns it will roll over more.
The NT555r's are drag radials?
HT programmer, Mazdaspeed CAI, Turbosmart Dual port Bpv, Corksport Test pipe back exhaust, HTP TIP, Autotech CDFP internals, CP-E TMIC, Cobb Springs, Koni yellow struts, SU RMM, Ts shift plate, prosport bg, 10k headlights, 3k fogs, OZ Ultraleggera HLTs, Pioneer nav/dcs......On the way; Devils Own Stage 2
travis9935 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by travis9935 View Post
The NT555r's are drag radials?
the 555 is not, the 555r is

NT555R vs nitto 555http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt555

cheap street/autocross tire is nt05
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt05

another drag radial is the nt05r (hint the r)
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt05r

road course tire is nt01
http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/nt01

which also confuses me because i told him about the bfg ta drag radials, and he said he would be daily driving them and didnt want a drag radial, he wanted a street tire, (wonder if he has them on the back too?)

The Following User Says Thank You to deek For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (04-13-2012)
 Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #64

travis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond reputetravis9935 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

So NT555's not good with this car?
HT programmer, Mazdaspeed CAI, Turbosmart Dual port Bpv, Corksport Test pipe back exhaust, HTP TIP, Autotech CDFP internals, CP-E TMIC, Cobb Springs, Koni yellow struts, SU RMM, Ts shift plate, prosport bg, 10k headlights, 3k fogs, OZ Ultraleggera HLTs, Pioneer nav/dcs......On the way; Devils Own Stage 2
 Old 04-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #65

Not Ranked  0 score     

So NT555's not good with this car?
For a street tire it's fine, depends really on what your planning on doing. (drag, autocross, road course etc).

Old 04-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #66

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by deek View Post
the 555 is not, the 555r is

NT555R vs nitto 555NT555

cheap street/autocross tire is nt05
NT05

another drag radial is the nt05r (hint the r)
NT05R

road course tire is nt01
NT01

which also confuses me because i told him about the bfg ta drag radials, and he said he would be daily driving them and didnt want a drag radial, he wanted a street tire, (wonder if he has them on the back too?)
You talking about me? If so I never said I wanted a street tire. And I'm winning the handkooks v12s in the rear.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #67

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks but I plain to use these all the time. Or else those would be an great choice
My fault you didn't say no drag radial, just no to the bfg's.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #68

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh yeah. No worries man.

Well these tires are great in the rain. They hook up in 3rd gear and i'm at 370wtq.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #69

Not Ranked  0 score     

I want a street tire with grip, how about Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport?
 Old 04-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #70

pwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do they make the nt555s for the speed6? I have a set of the rims and am trying to find them for the rims lol
Upcoming mods//rmm//JBR rsb
pwned101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #71

2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pwned101
Do they make the nt555s for the speed6? I have a set of the rims and am trying to find them for the rims lol
Wow really?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3195662477.jpg (17.6 KB, 17 views)
Cobb AP 50/50 FREEKTune/Cobb 3port EBCS/C-PE Nano Intake/C-PE TIP/C-PE TMIC/HKS SQ3 BOV/Auto Tech HPFP/M2 DP/Custom CB/Denso ITV 22's/JBR RMM/Sure SSP/Sure Shifter Bushings/Custom EGR Kit/TB&IM TIG/MD Stage2 OCC/Koni Yellow S&S/H&R LS/Stoptech Blanks/EBC Red/Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines/
2.3speed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2.3speed06 For This Useful Post:
deek (04-27-2012), Macncheese (09-15-2012), SarcasticOne (04-27-2012)
 Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #72

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pwned101 View Post
No they only make them for lambos
The Following User Says Thank You to travis9935 For This Useful Post:
Macncheese (09-15-2012)
 Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #73

Not Ranked  0 score     

No they only make them for lambos
But if he puts Lamborghini doors on the ms6 they will custom make them

Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #74

pwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond reputepwned101 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went on nitto's site and the only had the invos and one other one
Upcoming mods//rmm//JBR rsb
pwned101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #75

Stormtrooper6 will become famous soon enoughStormtrooper6 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have NT-555 on my speed6 and love them

sent from the Death Star as it rebuilds....
Stormtrooper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #76

Not Ranked  0 score     

I went on nitto's site and the only had the invos and one other one
cuz i think your actually serious about not finding them
2006 MAZDA 6 tires - Nitto

they do not make a 215/45/18 in the 555, however they do make a
225/40
225/45
235/40

the closest to stock size is the 235/40 but is a tad wide for the factory 7 inch width rim. (can be done)
the next closest is the 225/45 which is a sminge taller then factory and bout half inch wider, if you have the clearance and are set on this specific tire then this is a viable option and lastly if you are worried about clearance the 225/40 will fit just fine and be a little wider yet shorter then the oem equipment. the only one of the 3 that are suggested on a 7 inch wheel is the 225/45 though.

there are fewer tires in the 215/45/18 range, a popular cheaper tire is the toyo proxes 4, somewhat sporty, and are all season tires. other popular one is the hankook ventus v12 summer tires.

like i stated earlier in this thread it really depends on what you are planning on using the tires for ie autocross, drag racing, daily driving, grocery getting, nascar