register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #41

Jesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,358 Times in 86 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
its gonna be REAL close to the caliper, but it works lol
They also offer a 40 and 48 mm offset

35psi, super cams, ported head, titanium valve springs, titanium rods/pistons, flux capacitor, 88mph mod, cryogenic tranny with welded differential
Jesse MS3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #42
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

40 will stick out way to much and rub the fenders. 48, the 255 slick will probably rub the strut.

The 26in slick every1 plans on running is something along the lines of 255/50/16, thats not a small tire lol
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #43

SpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A member of mazda3forums.com installed a set of 245/45/17 Nitto DRs and claims they don't rub. They aren't slicks but are very wide and sticky.
SpdFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #44
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

what wheel offset? Got a link?
 Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #45

SpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the worldSpdFreak is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what wheel offset? Got a link?
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=103971.0
SpdFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #46

TRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i got the 26x9.5x16 hoosiers too. i am going to run them on stock late model mustang V6 rims, which are 16x7 with a 39mm offset. i ran the rims with the factory mustang rubber which was a 215 but was also 27" tall !!! they did rub a tad on hard turns so i expect the same result with the slicks. the slick are a full inch shorter but also about an inch wider, so for down the track they should be fine.
TRU-BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #47

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

man these forums RULE!!! you can actually post a link with out abunch of stupid rules....
gsrtype1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gsrtype1 For This Useful Post:
Jesse MS3GT (03-19-2008)
 Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #48

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I need slicks.... especially if I keep going to that damn 1/8 mile track....
 Old 04-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #49

MazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

how bout the 16x8 rota slips? will those work better or worse with the slicks or maybe some 3rd gen rx7 rims
MazdaMan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #50

TRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the worldTRU-BOOST is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

well my slicks are ready.....now all i need is a track to go to ! i went to great lakes a few weeks ago, but the slicks were not mounted yet. then i planned on hitting route 66 last weekend but it got rained out. i got to get there soon !!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #51

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are those mustang wheels????

How much did that setup set you back??

Anyone heard of any issues launching with slicks?? (breaking anything)
 Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #52
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlackMS3 View Post
Are those mustang wheels????

How much did that setup set you back??

Anyone heard of any issues launching with slicks?? (breaking anything)
truboost will let you know lol. I know driver went out on slicks and the next day he was at the dealer getting his tranny replaced lol
 Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #53

MazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to beholdMazdaMan13 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

so what about 16x8 for slicks
 Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

yes they are mustang wheels. 2005+ V6 stang wheels are perfect !

16 X 8 should be fine with this slick.
 Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 AM   #55

Jesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the worldJesse MS3GT is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,358 Times in 86 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

truboost will let you know lol. I know driver went out on slicks and the next day he was at the dealer getting his tranny replaced lol
Input shaft or what?

Glad I havent bought slicks after hearing that...

35psi, super cams, ported head, titanium valve springs, titanium rods/pistons, flux capacitor, 88mph mod, cryogenic tranny with welded differential
Jesse MS3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

i didnt hear about that either, i havent heard anything from driver recently.
it wont stop me though. you just gotta drive it right. dont just drop the clutch, give it a quick slip. and i wont powershift the 1-2 shift. its just to much shock to the trans. the rest of the gear changes will be WOT though !
 Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't wait to see the outcome.... either way, LOL!!!
 Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #58
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,995 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

I think Driver is done with this car and probably wont hear from him much, if ever again.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #59

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
I think Driver is done with this car and probably wont hear from him much, if ever again.
why not?
 Old 07-04-2008, 03:49 AM   #60

Coulda is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone running slicks with cobb springs? just took a bunch of measurements and it looks like the 1 inch drop makes it a bad idea to run the same setup you guys are. Anymore developments on if slicks will break stuff...I don't think they would but you never know till someone trys!
Coulda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #61

94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man I'm curious to see what kind of abuse these axles can take.
 Old 07-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #62
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world

Me too.. but ugh, i dont want to be the test mule. That's what we have Loosh for.

An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
 Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #63
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

fuck that, im not snapping an axle 2 hours from home.....ill perfectly happy being the street tire champ
 Old 07-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #64

94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world94jedi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fuck that, im not snapping an axle 2 hours from home.....ill perfectly happy being the street tire champ
LOL, ok I guess TRU will be the honorary mule then.

If you think about it though, wheel hop usually kills axles right? At least, it does on Terminators and other high HP cars using "half shaft" style axles...Hell, even Jeep Wranglers w/ solid rear axles pop them when bouncing during rock climbing.

So it would stand to reason that as long as you don't wheel hop, you're fairly safe. or at least, you'll find the next weakest point which might be the trans itself as driver311 found out.
 Old 07-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #65
Eatin' Your Tuna

Ok, Tru it is... mr map clamp himself.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

hey, i have no fear !! if the axels snap i already have a place that TRZ set me up with that makes aftermarket shafts that are rated to 1300 HP !! and if the motor pops, i'll get a forged set-up from PG !! you have to look at the positive side fellas !! if one thing breaks you get to replace it with something better !!
i think the axels will last on this car. they are pretty beefy. i have launched it from 3500-3800rpm about 10 times now on the slicks and no harm done. also there is ZERO wheel hop on slicks. the real test will be next time i go. we'll see how it holds up with the 2 step !!
 Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #67
Eatin' Your Tuna

Tru, be pro-active and gets us some strong axles, NOW.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #68

Coulda is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any more developments...anyone else running slicks? I just went to the track yesterday and decided these RE050's are the worst performance tires in history. Need to figure out the best setup with cobb springs.
Coulda is offline   Reply With Quote