register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #1

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default TireClub to buy tires?

Anyone ever used this site to buy tires?

I found Toyo Proxes 4, 225/40ZR18's for $99/tire...

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the site...

Toyo Proxes 4 Performance all season radial tire
 Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #2

08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn if its legit I'm in!
 Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are these better than Nitto Neogens or Nitto NT 555's?
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #4

BlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the worldBlackMS3 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have no idea if they are better, but I doubt they are better than the 555's....

Either way, lots of people swear by them...

I called the place up directly today..... even though it sounded like a warehouse guy answered, he was a pretty cool dude. Said they had them in stock and that he would get bobby to load em up on the truck and they would be at fedex in a few hours. Just checked, they're already in Ohio...

Sounds like a small company with a huge warehouse of tires... I had my doubts, but after talking to the guy I got a really good vibe. I'll know more when the tires get here Friday, but so far so good!
itzl0l (05-19-2009)
 Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #5

TurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the worldTurboDreams is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sick

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
TurboDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 AM   #6

xandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the worldxandrake is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,973 Times in 115 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sub'd for results. Don't forget to check the date on the sidewall before you mount them to see when the tire was made...people have been selling jank old tires on the cheap...the results are blowouts and some nasty wrecks.
 Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xandrake View Post
Sub'd for results. Don't forget to check the date on the sidewall before you mount them to see when the tire was made...people have been selling jank old tires on the cheap...the results are blowouts and some nasty wrecks.
Thanks for the info! I'll check them out when they get in on Friday.
 Old 05-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #8

08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future08BLKMS3 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited. I need new tires real bad
 Old 05-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #9

jahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the worldjahman is the leader of the world
Thanked 20,489 Times in 388 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So whats the word?

I need new tires...

07 Mazdaspeed3
jahman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I honestly can't say for sure yet...

Earlier yesterday at slower speeds around town I liked the tires ALLOT... but coming to work last night once I got up to speed, they seemed like they had a little lateral movement and it made the car feel a little uneasy. I also took a hard corner at speed 60+ and they really induced some crazy oversteer and the rear starts slipping out... I'm not sure these will be as good as I thought, especially out at the track.

I really thought they would stick better as I've heard great things and from the touch, they seem to be made of a pretty soft compound...

I really don't know yet... could have been the road or just a weird feeling of new tires, but if they act like they did last night on a regular basis, I might stay clear.

Give me a week and I'll let you know for sure!

Last edited by BlackMS3; 05-24-2009 at 06:35 AM.
BlackMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the update!
 Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, I don't think they're quite as bad as I initially thought.

They definitely don't inspire confidence, but last night I hit my usual 35MPH curve (used to hit at 60) and hit 65. It never broke loose, never even squealed like the stockers would, but still felt like it was fading HARD to the outside... almost like at any moment the rearend would slide out... but it never did.

Low speed is the same way, initially it feels like you're going to spin out, but they never do and they seem to stick pretty well... just feels odd.

Highway cruising still feels like there's allot of lateral movement and I think I blame the center tread section on all of these downfalls.

It's almost feels like they're waaay overinflated and you're just running on that centersection.... and still fill somewhat unstable at speeds.
 Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
Banned

glocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the worldglocK23 is the leader of the world
Groans: 701
Groaned at 655 Times in 620 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you tried adjusting the tire pressure? I know the stock bridgestones on my ms3 can react different with different types of air pressure in them.
glocK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #14

itzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond reputeitzl0l has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 12
Not Ranked  0 score     

had these tires on my srt4 when i had it.....wierd feeling they had went away in about 2 weeks....i was also able to run slightly less tire pressure in them than the stock KDW2's on the neon.

07 cb Ms3 - MS cai / Vibrant exhaust / TurboXS DP / Cobb AP - trapped 107
TOTALED 11/2/09

04 SRT4 - sold - trapped 120+
itzl0l is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by itzl0l View Post
had these tires on my srt4 when i had it.....wierd feeling they had went away in about 2 weeks....i was also able to run slightly less tire pressure in them than the stock KDW2's on the neon.
Cool, thanks for the info... they seem to get better every day....
 Old 06-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #16

alwayzamd is a glorious beacon of lightalwayzamd is a glorious beacon of lightalwayzamd is a glorious beacon of lightalwayzamd is a glorious beacon of lightalwayzamd is a glorious beacon of lightalwayzamd is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you sure you are warming the tires up first? I know my Dunlop Direzza's have to get some heat in them before they really stick. The backend probably slipped out on you because they were cold. The higher the performance, the warmer they have to run to be sticky. And be careful when it's cold out because they will be less grippy than the stockers.
alwayzamd is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #17

Frequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlackMS3 View Post
I honestly can't say for sure yet...

Earlier yesterday at slower speeds around town I liked the tires ALLOT... but coming to work last night once I got up to speed, they seemed like they had a little lateral movement and it made the car feel a little uneasy. I also took a hard corner at speed 60+ and they really induced some crazy oversteer and the rear starts slipping out... I'm not sure these will be as good as I thought, especially out at the track.

I really thought they would stick better as I've heard great things and from the touch, they seem to be made of a pretty soft compound...

I really don't know yet... could have been the road or just a weird feeling of new tires, but if they act like they did last night on a regular basis, I might stay clear.

Give me a week and I'll let you know for sure!

Be careful with new tires. It takes a while for the release agent to wear off of them and for them to break in. Not very good to be pushing it around corners with brand new tires. Give it some time.
08.5 CWP MS3 - Cobb AP *Stage 2* ATR tweaked - Cobb SRI w/AEM dry flow filter - RPMC Inlet - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Downpipe (w/OE midpipe) - PTP HPFP - Stock BPV - TWM SS w/bushings - CP-e RMM - Bilstein Sports w/OE springs - Rota 18x8.5 48+ SVN Black/w Red Lip - Bridgestone Potenza RE760 - Cobb RSB - Prosport Boost Gauge/Mearcat pod - Motorcraft XT-M5-QS in the tranny!
Frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer View Post
Be careful with new tires. It takes a while for the release agent to wear off of them and for them to break in. Not very good to be pushing it around corners with brand new tires. Give it some time.
Yeah.. they seem to be much better now, but still not as good as the stockers were... to me at least.

I really need to get it out to an auto-x event and see how they perform out there...
 Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #19

Frequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the worldFrequentflyer is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alot of people complain about the Potenza's, but they really are some of the best tires out there, however they're definitely not cheap.
08.5 CWP MS3 - Cobb AP *Stage 2* ATR tweaked - Cobb SRI w/AEM dry flow filter - RPMC Inlet - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Downpipe (w/OE midpipe) - PTP HPFP - Stock BPV - TWM SS w/bushings - CP-e RMM - Bilstein Sports w/OE springs - Rota 18x8.5 48+ SVN Black/w Red Lip - Bridgestone Potenza RE760 - Cobb RSB - Prosport Boost Gauge/Mearcat pod - Motorcraft XT-M5-QS in the tranny!
Frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote