register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree119Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-04-2017, 05:17 AM   #1881

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,309 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by krayon808 View Post
HAHAHAHAHHAHA YOU PAID FOR VIP HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH WHAT A BITCH PEACE OUT HIS FORUM IS PRETTY SAD AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH
Oh that is such an insult I'm soooo offended that I'm VIP. Because it's not like it has benefits or anything. Once again reading fail for you. Have fun with your erotic fantasies about others dicks I have a feeling mines not the only one you can't get out of your head.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-04-2017, 05:26 AM   #1882

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
...watching me shower? Gently caressing yourself as you watch me clean my body with warm and soapy water?.
Wait! We need to take a step back and elaborate on this. Got pics? Hahahaha
eBay Stage 1 OCC, DM RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Forged build ongoing. Manley H-Tuff Rods, Manley 2618 Pistons, King Bearings

Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
Djohns (03-04-2017), KiwiFlavor (08-09-2017)
 Old 03-04-2017, 05:33 AM   #1883

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Wait! We need to take a step back and elaborate on this. Got pics? Hahahaha
Idk my man, you'd have to ask him for them. He's the one that seems to know so much about my dick. Maybe if you can trade camber arms so he can go all out -12 he will give you the nudes he secretly took in return.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #1884

accordionfolder is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys - looking for some fitment help. I'm looking to get an extra set of wheels/tires after this weekend at Sonoma - got bumped to HPDE 4 finally and ran the MS3 (my miata was stolen last week). Had a blast, but literally shredded the 225 width summer tires on the poor car. I didn't have traction issues on acceleration - it just seems the weight of the car was really eating up the driver side tire on the car. Good pressures/temps though.

I read the front sticky and some of the pages that follow, but I'm a bit confused what applies to gen1 vs gen2. Driver311's post seems to indicate with a bit of work 255s should fit on all four corners - but his car is a gen1.

I was looking at getting something like:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/wto/6050807645.html

Are these going to come close to fitting?? I'm *stock everything* but RMM on a *Gen2 MS3*. I can run some spacers if necessary with longer lugs (maybe camber plates?), but obviously I'm looking for function over form - I just want them to fit without rubbing and not cause undue stress on the hubs.

I will appreciate any help. I am going to continue reading through the thread after work.

Last edited by accordionfolder; 03-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.
accordionfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #1885

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by accordionfolder View Post
Hey guys - looking for some fitment help. I'm looking to get an extra set of wheels/tires after this weekend at Sonoma - got bumped to HPDE 4 finally and ran the MS3 (my miata was stolen last week). Had a blast, but literally shredded the 225 width summer tires on the poor car. I didn't have traction issues on acceleration - it just seems the weight of the car was really eating up the driver side tire on the car. Good pressures/temps though.

I read the front sticky and some of the pages that follow, but I'm a bit confused what applies to gen1 vs gen2. Driver311's post seems to indicate with a bit of work 255s should fit on all four corners - but his car is a gen1.

I was looking at getting something like:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/wto/6050807645.html

Are these going to come close to fitting?? I'm *stock everything* but RMM on a *Gen2 MS3*. I can run some spacers if necessary with longer lugs (maybe camber plates?), but obviously I'm looking for function over form - I just want them to fit without rubbing and not cause undue stress on the hubs.

I will appreciate any help. I am going to continue reading through the thread after work.
Those will definitely take some work. The rears will need to be rolled flat and pulled. The fronts it may be a bit tricky if you don't want poke. I run a 8.5 wide wheel I believe they're +40 or 45 with a 245 wide tire and it is super flush up front, rears needed to be rolled but I didn't need to pull. But I do still rub slightly over big bumps. But I'm also lowered.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #1886

accordionfolder is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those will definitely take some work...
Gotcha - thanks for the direction!

I'll do some research - I don't mind rolling/pulling as long as it has a good success rate - several shops in the bay do it.

I'm also a complete idiot - I just realised I was on a gen1 subforum.
accordionfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #1887

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No worries this thread applies to both gens.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #1888

Mazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I need some insight on fitting work emotion xd9 17x9.5 +44 on a Gen 2 with sonic tuning coilovers.

My worries is the front hitting the coilovers becuase in the past I had 17x9 +45 rpf1 and the inner rim was barely rubbing on the coilover collar so I had to add a 10mm spacer and that gave me ample room.

My question is with a spacer up front does anyone know if the extra 0.5 on the width makes any difference in how the spacing will be with the wheels and suspension?

I'm thinking the rear won't have any issues and I have rolled and shaved rear bumper tabs so I'm not worried about rubbing. I plan to use a 5mm spacer up front as well.

So the csr would sit
Front 17x9.5 +39
Rear 17x9.5 +44

Tires would most likely be 245s.

Thanks

Stock K04/PTP Internals/CP-E TMIC/Sure Full 3" Intake with 3" MAF Housing/ATP Long Catless DP/UR CBE/Sonic Tuning Coilovers / 18x9 +35 RPF1 SBC
Mazdaspeed3KHP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #1889

Mazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond reputeMazdaspeed3KHP has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone have any insight on my question above ^ ?

I thought this was the number one mazdaspeed forum..

Stock K04/PTP Internals/CP-E TMIC/Sure Full 3" Intake with 3" MAF Housing/ATP Long Catless DP/UR CBE/Sonic Tuning Coilovers / 18x9 +35 RPF1 SBC
 Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #1890

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Get extended lugs. You may still rub. I have 18x8.5 +40 or 45 I can't remember and I rub slightly on the coilover. Had to add a spacer.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #1891

Not Ranked  0 score     

Get extended lugs. You may still rub. I have 18x8.5 +40 or 45 I can't remember and I rub slightly on the coilover. Had to add a spacer.
Yeah I have extended studs. Just curious if anyone on here has fit something similar with sonic coilovers. I will probably just go for it and hope for the best. Worst thing that can happen is they poke too much.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #1892

M3Trance is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey everyone! Just bought my first set of aftermarket wheels for a car. They're oem Rx8 wheels 18x8 +50 and I'm trying to figure out tire size. Gonna be going with the Kumho PS91 in either 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 but I'm not sure if the 245s will fit? Rolling my fenders on Friday no matter what, but I'm getting a group deal with Kumho and may or may not be able to get 235s, hence my asking. Ideally I'd like to get 5 or 8mm spacers to flush them up a bit too. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

M3Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #1893

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OK when it comes to wheels and tires, it's my shortcoming. Every time I view this thread I feel like I'm trying to read ancient Sumerian.

I'm currently running a set of BFG G-FORCE SPORT COMP 2 tires (225/40 R18 88W) - https://www.americastire.com/buy-tir...comp-2/p/37066

I really like them and they've lasted me a couple years...actually, close to three (I work remotely and don't put that many miles on my car). Anyhow, I'm looking into taking my car out to Sac Raceway sometime soon for their Test N' Tune nights now that I have my S4 in and want to get a set of drag radials. I caught this post on CL for a set of FD wheels for $400. The dude said that they're "16x8 +50 offset, 5x114"

Pretty sure they'll fit, yeah? Anyone on here use FD wheels? Pros v cons?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00Y0Y_6i8ig0slCiS_1200x900.jpg (220.2 KB, 24 views)
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #1894

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PapaBruno View Post
I caught this post on CL for a set of FD wheels for $400. The dude said that they're "16x8 +50 offset, 5x114"

Pretty sure they'll fit, yeah? Anyone on here use FD wheels? Pros v cons?
You don't have to worry about it. I just bought them.

Really though, I think I've seen several people on this forum running FD wheels. Crazy tight fit around the front caliper but they'll go on. Double check to be certain.

Simple Google search:
First to Fit RX7 FD Rims on MS6
FD RX-7 wheels
AwAfrican likes this.

Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
 Old 07-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #1895

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I remember correctly you *may* need to ground down the front calipers slightly (stock ones of course) but other than that yes they will fit.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #1896

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You don't have to worry about it. I just bought them.

Really though, I think I've seen several people on this forum running FD wheels. Crazy tight fit around the front caliper but they'll go on. Double check to be certain.

Simple Google search:
First to Fit RX7 FD Rims on MS6
FD RX-7 wheels
Wait, did you seriously buy them? If so:
Thanks for the info. $400 seems a bit high for these if it's just the wheels.

If I remember correctly you *may* need to ground down the front calipers slightly (stock ones of course) but other than that yes they will fit.
Thanks!

Either way, looks like I have some more research to invest into this before pulling the trigger.
Mainly just want to get her out to the strip with a reasonably cheap set of spare front wheels/tires.
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
 Old 07-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #1897

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PapaBruno View Post
Wait, did you seriously buy them? If so:
Thanks for the info. $400 seems a bit high for these if it's just the wheels.

Thanks!

Either way, looks like I have some more research to invest into this before pulling the trigger.
Mainly just want to get her out to the strip with a reasonably cheap set of spare front wheels/tires.
I think he was kidding since you guys are on different coasts haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (07-06-2017)
 Old 07-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #1898

Not Ranked  0 score     

I think he was kidding since you guys are on different coasts haha.
I thought so. But ya never know...maybe he's been scouting for a chrome set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 Old 07-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #1899

miataman2 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
Stock suspension you may rub on huge bumps and/or if you have passengers in the back. Besides I wouldn't put 225 on a 8.75" wheel. Just to let you know XXR's measurements are kinda funky. Their 8.75" is actually more like 9.25"

My car with XXX 530 18x8.75 +33. Tires are 235/40/18 Lowered on swift springs. Just letting you know, I had to roll my rears FLAT! and i mean FLAT before they can fit properly. Also, you may need to cut the bumper tabs.
Thats the same rim and tire set up I want to do. I have a Koni Orange with H&R springs. Do you have rubbing issues at all? any other issues that you have had?

In2ould appreciate the feed back i am ready to buy like yesterday.
miataman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2017, 04:20 AM   #1900

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by miataman2 View Post

Thats the same rim and tire set up I want to do. I have a Koni Orange with H&R springs. Do you have rubbing issues at all? any other issues that you have had?

In2ould appreciate the feed back i am ready to buy like yesterday.
Well he did say he had to roll his rears completely flat....so yea he was rubbing.
KiwiFlavor likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (07-07-2017)
 Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 AM   #1901

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,464 Times in 887 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well he did say he had to roll his rears completely flat....so yea he was rubbing.
LOL! I guess putting the word "FLAT" in all caps didn't work...

@miataman2; Yeah I rubbed real bad when I was on my Ksport coilovers. It took a chunk of rubber out of my new tires. Couldn't really say how much i'd rub on the swift springs because my fenders were already rolled at that point.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front)
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #1902

Not Ranked  0 score     

I realize that becaue he stated that sooooo. That means since you are "flat" have you had issues since that.. I am looking forward not what he did previously experience. So you didnt understand my quaestion.....

@miataman2; Yeah I rubbed real bad when I was on my Ksport coilovers. It took a chunk of rubber out of my new tires. Couldn't really say how much i'd rub on the swift springs because my fenders were already rolled at that point.

I asked after the "flat" parrt you guys are stuck on that for some reason.

So after you rolled/flatten up have you had issues? As in when you turn a corner does ot run the fender etc.

Thanks for your input.

Inam asked after the "flat" parrt you guys are stuck on that for some reason.

So after you rolled/flatten up have you had issues? As in when you turn a corner does ot run the fender etc.

Last edited by miataman2; 07-07-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #1903

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,464 Times in 887 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@miataman2;

Well I had to get the fenders rolled twice. The first time it wasn't enough of a roll and I still rubbed. So I had a friend that had a body shop do it for me. By flat i mean real flat. U wouldn't know there was a lip there. After he did that I was good to go! No more rubbing.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front)
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #1904

Not Ranked  0 score     

@miataman2;

Well I had to get the fenders rolled twice. The first time it wasn't enough of a roll and I still rubbed. So I had a friend that had a body shop do it for me. By flat i mean real flat. U wouldn't know there was a lip there. After he did that I was good to go! No more rubbing.
Ok 😎 i totally get real flat i am hving the body shop donit anyway. I just needed thebafter affect of THAT. Thanks for sharing.
KiwiFlavor likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to miataman2 For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (07-07-2017)
 Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #1905

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,758 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking at getting these WedsSport SA-20R's in 18x8.5 e35, with 255/35R18 tires. I'm on Ground Control coilovers, lowered but not too much. From what I can guess, they'll fit with some rolling

Oh, and it's on my pu.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #1906

Rose City Speed6 is a glorious beacon of lightRose City Speed6 is a glorious beacon of lightRose City Speed6 is a glorious beacon of lightRose City Speed6 is a glorious beacon of lightRose City Speed6 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I plan on using a spare set of stock 18 X 8 RX8 wheels (+50 offset) on my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 mounted with tires for use only in autocross.

The car is at stock ride height and will remain so, since the car is also my daily driver.

I would like to mount 235-40/18 or 245-40/18 tires on the RX8 wheels.

This is the information I need:

235-40/18 : Will this need a fender roll or other modifications to fit?

245-40/18 : Will this need a fender roll or other modifications to fit?

Would a +40 offset be better?

Last edited by Rose City Speed6; 09-25-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Rose City Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #1907

Master2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi everyone, I am new to your folks forum, so I hope I am posting in the right place.
I've got a 2012 MS3, sedan. I am planning to do some minor body work, while I have time, and also I want to install large wheels. I was looking for some inspiration and came across this MS6 (the black one in the upper right corner here). And I was wondering, what radius is that? 19 inches perhaps? And what sort of tires does it require?
I would be grateful for any comments from those, who use large tires on their MS.
Cheers!
Master2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #1908

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Master2005 View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to your folks forum, so I hope I am posting in the right place.
I've got a 2012 MS3, sedan. I am planning to do some minor body work, while I have time, and also I want to install large wheels. I was looking for some inspiration and came across this MS6 (the black one in the upper right corner here). And I was wondering, what radius is that? 19 inches perhaps? And what sort of tires does it require?
I would be grateful for any comments from those, who use large tires on their MS.
Cheers!
Are you sure thats a mazdaspeed? The pic in your avatar isnt a speed, theres no hoodscoop. Reason I ask is it could affect fitment.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #1909

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Master2005 View Post
I've got a 2012 MS3, sedan.
I was looking for some inspiration and came across this MS6. And I was wondering, what radius is that? 19 inches perhaps? And what sort of tires does it require?
Cheers!
You probably mean you have a MZ3.
That's got to be one Frankenstein of a MS6 with 19" radius wheels...aka 38".
What sort of tires? Huge fucking tires for sure!

Good morning.

Other rides:
History:
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
Thor Hammer (11-07-2017)
 Old 11-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #1910

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good morning.
None of the cars in that photo are speeds so Im pretty sure he means a regular 6. Look like 20 wheels.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #1911

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 84
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good morning.
I think that MS6 is running 44" Super Swamper Iroks.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #1912

Kevindust has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

2010 Speed 3
Suspension: Stock
Wheels: OEM Ford "Bullitt" style 17"x8" +45mm
Tires: 215/60/17 General Altimax Arctic (leftover from my previously owned 2005 Mustang GT)

This post is for informational purposes only, the tires seen in the photos are too tall (27.2") to use. I believe that the front tires would rub on the inner fender liner under load / at full steering lock. I was test fitting to see if the wheels would fit so I can use them for properly sized winter tires. The wheels do fit, they clear the brakes and are not particularly close to any suspension components. I will be installing 225/45/17 winter tires on these wheels this week and will update the thread when I put the winter wheel/tire combo on the car.

I think it looks...interesting and different. I probably won't get a lot of love here for using the Ford wheels but I already had them sitting in the basement so they suited my (lack of a) budget.

Well aparently, I can't post pics. TLR - OEM Ford "Bullitt" style 17"x8" +45mm fit on a 2nd Gen MS3

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Tech Celestial Blue Mica
2016 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade pkg 6 spd manual.
2005 Mustang GT (C&L Racer CAI, SCT SF3 + tune, MGW short shifter, GT500 swaybars, dampers, strut bar and wheels, Michelin PSS) sold

Last edited by Kevindust; 11-08-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Kevindust is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #1913

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is 225/45/17 correct height for a 3? I know it's quite a bit short for a 6...by nearly 3/4 inch.

Other rides:
History:
 Old 11-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #1914

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is 225/45/17 correct height for a 3? I know it's quite a bit short for a 6...by nearly 3/4 inch.
A 225/45/17 is the correct height for a 2010-2013 MS3. Tires in that size generally have an overall diameter of 25". Gen two MS3 OEM tire size 225/40/18 generally has an overall diameter of 25.1"

2007-2009 MS3 OEM tire size 215/45/18 (25.6" diameter) would be closer to a 215/50/17 (25.5" diameter) if you were changing to a 17" wheel.

I say "generally" because overall tire diameter can vary slightly among manufacturers and specific tire models.

2005 Mustang GT (C&L Racer CAI, SCT SF3 + tune, MGW short shifter, GT500 swaybars, dampers, strut bar and wheels, Michelin PSS) sold
 Old 12-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #1915

Drumea88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

17x9 + 45 rpf1 , 235/45/17 hankook v12, arp extended studs front, 10mm spacers , sonic tuning coilovers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8523.JPG (1.88 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8524.JPG (2.65 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8521.JPG (3.19 MB, 20 views)

CP-E Stage 2 RMM. JBR PMM. JBR TMM. JBR SRI. JBR Short Shifter. JBR Shifter Bushings. JBR Short Shift Plate. JBR Reverse Lock-Out Gate Guide. JBR RSB. Sure ASG 621g Knob. Sonic Tuning Coilovers. SPC Rear Camber Arms. CS Mid Chassis Brace. CS Skid Plate. Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45. DDM 6000k HID. OEM MS3 GT LED Tail Lights. 2Nine Rear Diffuser. Custom AD Cardboard Front Diffuser.

98 Honda Civic LX: 256,xxx
Drumea88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #1916

ericrlove88 will become famous soon enoughericrlove88 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Winter Set-Up

I'm looking for a winter set-up for my gen1, and I need to get them on soon to pass inspection by the end of the month. I found a nice set of 225/65R16. From what I found it here it sounds like this may be a little too big (stock suspension), but has anyone tried or can anyone confirm whether these will or will not fit? I'll just go to tire rack if these don't work out.

Thanks!
ericrlove88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #1917

drive_sideways is just really nicedrive_sideways is just really nicedrive_sideways is just really nicedrive_sideways is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ericrlove88 View Post
I'm looking for a winter set-up for my gen1, and I need to get them on soon to pass inspection by the end of the month. I found a nice set of 225/65R16. From what I found it here it sounds like this may be a little too big (stock suspension), but has anyone tried or can anyone confirm whether these will or will not fit? I'll just go to tire rack if these don't work out.

Thanks!

65s might be a bit tall on stock suspension. 55s are what I would do max on a pair of 16s on a gen 1, it wont rub at all. I would recommend the Michelin Ice X tires they are great in the snow and ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drive_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #1918

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ericrlove88 View Post

Thanks!
I test fit 215/60/17 (27.2" diameter) to my Gen 2 and the front tires rubbed the fender liners when turning. I could be wrong but I don't think that a 225/65R16 (27.5" diameter) would work on your car.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages

Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #1919

Jay07speed6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is it possible to run an 18x9 +30 on a speed6?
Jay07speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Jay07speed6 For This Un-useful Post:
Thor Hammer (01-04-2018)
 Old 01-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #1920

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 84
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jay07speed6 View Post
Is it possible to run an 18x9 +30 on a speed6?
No
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

« Broken TPMS | - »

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/ultimate-will-they-fit-thread-everything-you-101473/
Posted By For Type Date
rustysurfsa comments on Wheel spacers? This thread Refback 02-04-2015 03:02 PM
Wheel spacers? : mazda This thread Refback 02-04-2015 12:36 PM
Tire and Wheel replacement - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 11-20-2014 04:07 PM
The Ultimate "Will They Fit" Thread - Everything you need to know about wheels, spacers and tires for your MS - Mazdaspeed Forums This thread Refback 11-07-2014 10:15 AM
Spacers This thread Refback 09-25-2014 11:53 PM
Mazdaspeed Wheel Spacers - AE Autos This thread Refback 08-14-2014 11:42 AM
Bbs c5-s This thread Pingback 08-11-2014 12:43 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 217 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 02-05-2014 12:52 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 145 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-12-2014 07:19 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 111 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-09-2014 04:29 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 107 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-18-2013 09:19 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 214 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-14-2013 12:18 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 182 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-09-2013 01:28 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 216 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-04-2013 07:41 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 200 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 11-19-2013 09:00 AM
Tires & Rims Spec Questions! - Mazda3Club.com This thread Refback 11-12-2013 05:31 PM
My New(used) Car - Mazda3Club.com This thread Refback 09-16-2013 10:44 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 11 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-03-2013 06:38 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 5 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-06-2013 08:39 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 213 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-25-2013 12:26 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 211 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-10-2013 01:01 AM
Post Your Rims Here! - Page 54 This thread Refback 04-15-2013 04:11 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 4 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-28-2013 11:37 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 174 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-17-2013 02:44 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 204 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-14-2013 03:13 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 210 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-19-2013 07:57 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 2 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-18-2012 08:24 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 171 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-06-2012 07:37 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 83 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-03-2012 03:41 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 14 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 11-26-2012 01:57 PM
Decision made for wheels This thread Refback 10-20-2012 07:58 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series - Zobacz temat - [S] Nowe oryginalne felgi Mazda 18" This thread Refback 10-15-2012 04:23 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 147 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-29-2012 08:46 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 202 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-14-2012 02:08 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 20 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-06-2012 02:45 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 109 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-01-2012 02:38 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-23-2012 12:55 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 207 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-22-2012 09:55 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 87 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-12-2012 03:02 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 21 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-03-2012 11:33 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 196 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 06-19-2012 10:21 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 49 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-21-2012 09:47 PM