register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree131Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #241

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3MYK View Post
Sorry for not being able to find the info, but does anyone know if 17x9 +28 will fit ok on a Genone with Springs and Koni yellows??? I have an idea on some wheels i wanna run.
dear god no. no, that won't work at all. not in any kind of functional sense anyway. you could stretch tires and run stupid camber but that defeats the purpose all together. with 17x9 you need +45s or so and space them out only as much as you need.

Originally Posted by Meder View Post
No idea what width would work best for my tire size.

basically, 235-245 with a 40 sidewall or greater is what I need to run. Wheel is 17 inch 45 offset. I can buy whatever width is needed to run those tire sizes. I'd prefer to avoid doing more than a roll and I am on hr coils.

Does a 245 tire fit well on a 8 inch wheel? Do I need a 8.5/can I fit am 8.5 without trouble/spacers on a 45 offset wheel?

Edit - what I'm saying is I'll buy whatever width I need for that siZe tire
245/45/17 on a 17x8 +45 will work with only a fender roll (maybe a tiiiiiiiiny pull). You're welcome.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

Last edited by anavrinIV; 06-06-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #242

MS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the worldMS3MYK is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,634 Times in 857 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
dear god no. no, that won't work at all. not in any kind of functional sense anyway. you could stretch tires and run stupid camber but that defeats the purpose all together. with 17x9 you need +45s or so and space them out only as much as you need.

245/45/17 on a 17x8 +45 will work with only a fender roll (maybe a tiiiiiiiiny pull). You're welcome.
Thanks alot man, i was hoping to run 03 Svt Cobra wheels....guess thats a no go lol

2008.5 CWP Speed3 GT - SOLD /

1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 SSP

331 Stroker 9:1 compression - AFR 185 Heads ported to 205 specs - 1.6 Roller Rockers - Comp Turbo Cam - Edelbrock RPM Performer II Upper and Lower intake mani - 24# injectors - 70mm throttle body and EGR spacer - C&L Intake - BBK Headers - MSD Billet Distributor - MSD Coil - Ford Racing Wires - MSD Ignition - A/C delete - Built 3 spd With reverse manual valve body - B&M Shifter - Aluminum driveshaft - 3.55 gears - Moser 31 spline Axles - Nitrous Express 125 shot - 5 lug conversion With SN95 Brakes
MS3MYK is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #243

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3MYK View Post
Thanks alot man, i was hoping to run 03 Svt Cobra wheels....guess thats a no go lol
generally wheels from a rwd car won't work. it's not a steadfast rule, but it's a good generality. rwd cars have the wheels mounted more centrally to the wheel. I don't know the specific reason for this but that's how it seems to be.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
 Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #244

Meder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm on hr coils, I'd like to run a 8.5 if possible but I feel like I may run into issues. The HRs seem to have less room than other coils.

I'm a bit worried about a 245 on a 8 inch wheel. I really want to avoid sidewall roll. anyone else feel 245 on a 8 inch is ok?
Meder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #245

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,794 Times in 3,106 Posts
Groans: 423
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Meder View Post
I'm on hr coils, I'd like to run a 8.5 if possible but I feel like I may run into issues. The HRs seem to have less room than other coils.

I'm a bit worried about a 245 on a 8 inch wheel. I really want to avoid sidewall roll. anyone else feel 245 on a 8 inch is ok?
Yeah it should work well.

Youll have a taller tire (245/40 would put you closest to the stock tire size, in terms of height), but running that wide of a tire on an 8" wheel, youll need that extra sidewall height.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ
6.5" Lift | Armor | 33" Tires | Bumpers

1996 Jeep XJ
3.5" Lift | 31" GY Duratracs | Bumpers

1994 Miata
15x8's w/NT05's | KYB AGX | Hardog Roll Bar | 70D Engine Mounts
smoogs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #246

Bureku is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Will 17x9+45 RPF01s and 255/40 tires fit on stock height with no rubbing issues? If not 255 tires, how about 245s? I've read a lot of different answers and was hoping for a definitive answer.

Thanks.
Bureku is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #247

darkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the worlddarkcherry is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed.
blitz bov, cpe hpfp, tmic, excel nano sri, tip, blue duro rmm, 3" ss catted dp, 3" ss cs cat back exhaust, Cobb AP, sure short cut, counter weight, twm stage 1&2, ms cf shift knob, msd dh, autoexe rear brace, whiteline rsb, tt rear diff mount, awr pmm , winter=stock wheels w/winter tires / summer=18x8 adr hyp black wheels w/bfg force kdw, eibach sportline springs. Soon to come: bt, slotted rotors, cf fi hood
darkcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #248

naoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hope I'm posting in the right thread. If not please let me know or if I should just make a new thread....

I just installed my new wheel setup (18x8.5 +45, wrapped in Nitto NT555 235/40/18, stock suspension)on my gen1 ms3 last week but I punctured the passenger rear tire 2 days later.

The tire was ripped on the inside like this:

I checked the other rear as the tire was scrapping on the strut. The fronts struts actually were dented in and created a flat spot:

Before executing this setup, I read and saw that people did not have trouble running the setup I did.

Now my first question is: Did the choice in tire/summer tire cause this to happen? I know that tire brands have different characteristics for stretch and fitment. I feel like summer tires are thicker than all seasons...

Second questions is: I plan on running spacers on all fours to stop the rubbing but in the near future I will like to go lower. Will installing aftermarket coil overs solve this issue? I heard that the strut on coil overs are located in a different position so there will be more clearance.

Thanks in advance guys.

15 Soul Red Mazda3s GT HB
naoandlater is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #249

Meder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by naoandlater View Post

I checked the other rear as the tire was scrapping on the strut. The fronts struts actually were dented in and created a flat spot

Your tires did not do that, all gen 1 speeds have that flat section on the strut and it always looks as if something has been rubbing on it. If you were rubbing that e bad you would have known...
Meder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meder For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (06-12-2012)
 Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #250

dastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,000 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

IMO i would just run a 3mm in the front and a 5mm in the rear.
dastpe is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #251

ziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

will 215/45/r18 work on 18x8 e35 without roll? i rub a lil in the rear with 225/40/r18 right now.

Last edited by ziwang55; 06-11-2012 at 10:51 AM.
ziwang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #252

ms3_604 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ziwang55 View Post
will 215/45/r18 work on 18x8 e35 without roll? i rub a lil in the rear with 225/40/r18 right now.
I too rubbed in the rear 225/40/18 size Michelins on 18x8 +45 offset wheels, I soon learned my lesson and went down to recommended stock 215/40/18 and not a problem tires tuck in nicely at the back, haven't rolled fenders or anything either, was carrying 4 people one day and went over rubbish pavement. I highly advise stick to stock size.
ms3_604 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ms3_604 For This Useful Post:
ziwang55 (06-17-2012)
 Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #253

naoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the worldnaoandlater is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dastpe View Post
IMO i would just run a 3mm in the front and a 5mm in the rear.
That's what I'm thinking too

Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #254

Smashy will become famous soon enoughSmashy will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

So... What is the straight up widest wheel/tire you can run on a gen one with no fender rolling/pulling and rubbing?

and what would be the same with about a one inch drop?

I saw alot about if i have these wheels/tires will they fit, but no straight up answers on stock limits. I'm also a bit tipsy.
 Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #255

smoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the worldsmoogs12 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Smashy View Post
So... What is the straight up widest wheel/tire you can run on a gen one with no fender rolling/pulling and rubbing?

I saw alot about if i have these wheels/tires will they fit, but no straight up answers on stock limits. I'm also a bit tipsy.
245/40/17x9 +48ish

That's about the max. And that would maybe a tiny rub in the rear depending in how the car is loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata

Last edited by smoogs12; 01-10-2013 at 03:41 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoogs12 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (01-10-2013), Smashy (06-18-2012)
 Old 06-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #256

dastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the worlddastpe is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,000 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Smashy View Post

if you arent willing to rub or roll, just stick to the stock tires and wheels. anything wider can and may rub.
dastpe is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #257

ziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to beholdziwang55 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone Noice going down to a 40 side wall makes the wheel a lot smaller even at 225 40 vs 215 45.
 Old 06-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #258

Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone Noice going down to a 40 side wall makes the wheel a lot smaller even at 225 40 vs 215 45.
Those particular setups you mentioned would have a 90mm and 96mm sidewall respectively.

Not that much different, but if you want as close as possible to stock sidewall on a 40, the best fit would be a 235.

Edit: Do you mean the wheel or the tire?

SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
 Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #259

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by smoogs12 View Post
Those particular setups you mentioned would have a 90mm and 96mm sidewall respectively.

Not that much different, but if you want as close as possible to stock sidewall on a 40, the best fit would be a 235.

Edit: Do you mean the wheel or the tire?

Closest wider tire size is 245/40. under .5mm difference in sidewall. Although the width will give issues if you don't pull.

@naoandlater I'm pretty sure that was some kind of fluke that tore your tire like that. the wear doesn't look abnormal and there are no rub marks on the strut. If you were rubbing you'd know it long before your destroyed a tire, it makes a lot of noise. As far as coilovers fixing the problem, not necessarily because the spring perch will be even lower and could cause problems. you shouldn't need spacers with your current setup tbh, and I say replace the tire and go.

The Following User Says Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
smoogs12 (06-17-2012)
 Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #260

Not Ranked  0 score     

Closest wider tire size is 245/40. under .5mm difference in sidewall. Although the width will give issues if you don't pull.
Yeah that's true. I was trying to stay as close to stock width as possible (even though 235s wont really fit (well) on stock wheels, so I suppose it doesnt really matter )
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
The Following User Says Thank You to smoogs12 For This Useful Post:
anavrinIV (06-17-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #261

stogi1knobi will become famous soon enoughstogi1knobi will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great thread. How would these fit???

XXR Wheels: 522 18x8.5 Chromium Black Rims

was thinking maybe 235 40s? or would that be to small? Not to sure what tire would be the best fit.
stogi1knobi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #262

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stogi1knobi View Post
Great thread. How would these fit???

XXR Wheels: 522 18x8.5 Chromium Black Rims

was thinking maybe 235 40s? or would that be to small? Not to sure what tire would be the best fit.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...r-522s-103371/

And you could go 235s or 245s. Both in a 40 series.

Pretty sure you will need a decent roll for those.

Also use the "search this thread" option at the top of the page and search for your setup. Im sure that it has been discussed.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
 Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #263

stogi1knobi will become famous soon enoughstogi1knobi will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...r-522s-103371/

And you could go 235s or 245s. Both in a 40 series.

Pretty sure you will need a decent roll for those.

Also use the "search this thread" option at the top of the page and search for your setup. Im sure that it has been discussed.
yea just did that. Just want to be 100% sure of what im getting into. Thanks for the info i hope this setup looks good!
stogi1knobi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #264

Not Ranked  0 score     

thinking about getting rpf1 18x9.5 +45 with 225/40. will that clear the strut? i just like the x9 concaved looks.
 Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #265

ahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thinking about getting rpf1 18x9.5 +45 with 225/40. will that clear the strut? i just like the x9 concaved looks.
I'm going to say probably not, but I don't know how much clearance there is.

This is comparing to a stock wheel...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341683578.816409.jpg

tapatalked

go | COBB AccessPORT | Autotech HPFP Internals | TurboXS Catless Downpipe | TurboXS Race Pipe | Ultimate Racing Catback w/Magnaflow Resonator | Corksport Urethane Exhaust Hangers |
JBR Boost Tubes | cp-e Nviscid Pipe | cp-e XcelNANO SRI | cp-e HeliHose | cp-e Stage 1 xFlex RMM | JBR SSB | RDS-05 Rear Sway Bar |
Torque Solutions Delrin Shift Knob | Block8Head Dual Defrost Pod | Aeroforce Interceptor | Prosport Evo Boost Gauge

show | BC Racing BR Coilovers w/Koyo | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Avid.1 AV-06 18x8 +42 225/40 | 2011+ Tech Headlights | Corksport Tow Plate |
Morimoto 5000k bi-xenon / 3000k fogs | 3BSpec Switchbacks | Corksport LED Rear Bumper Lights | S204 STi Lip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ahfunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #266

castrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the worldcastrocastro is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ahfunaki View Post

Attachment 65916

tapatalked
What app is that?
castrocastro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #267

Not Ranked  0 score     

Attachment 65916

tapatalked
Just wondering because my previous set up was 18x8 e35 with 225 40

According to rimsntirecalculaor.com it's the same clearance to fender only difference is clearance to strut which is changed but not by much compared to stock rim clearance
 Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #268

Not Ranked  0 score     

This will not work. The tires are too small. The wheels are too big.
SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
 Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #269

ahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the worldahfunaki is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by castrocastro View Post
What app is that?
It's called "Wheel App Plus" I think it was like .99 cents...

This will not work. The tires are too small. The wheels are too big.
Not true: Tyrestretch.com - 9.5_225_40_R18

go | COBB AccessPORT | Autotech HPFP Internals | TurboXS Catless Downpipe | TurboXS Race Pipe | Ultimate Racing Catback w/Magnaflow Resonator | Corksport Urethane Exhaust Hangers |
JBR Boost Tubes | cp-e Nviscid Pipe | cp-e XcelNANO SRI | cp-e HeliHose | cp-e Stage 1 xFlex RMM | JBR SSB | RDS-05 Rear Sway Bar |
Torque Solutions Delrin Shift Knob | Block8Head Dual Defrost Pod | Aeroforce Interceptor | Prosport Evo Boost Gauge

show | BC Racing BR Coilovers w/Koyo | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Avid.1 AV-06 18x8 +42 225/40 | 2011+ Tech Headlights | Corksport Tow Plate |
Morimoto 5000k bi-xenon / 3000k fogs | 3BSpec Switchbacks | Corksport LED Rear Bumper Lights | S204 STi Lip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahfunaki For This Useful Post:
castrocastro (07-08-2012), ziwang55 (07-08-2012)
 Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #270

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's called "Wheel App Plus" I think it was like .99 cents...

Not true: Tyrestretch.com - 9.5_225_40_R18
So you are saying that a 225 is an appropriate tire size for a 9.5" wheel?

SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
breakfstincluded (02-17-2013)
 Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #271

Not Ranked  0 score     

No he's saying that it works
 Old 07-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #272

Not Ranked  0 score     

No he's saying that it works
Exactly. If that's what he wants do it's definitely possible...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #273

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well good luck. Hope it works out for you.

SOLD

1999 Jeep XJ

1996 Jeep XJ

1994 Miata
ziwang55 (07-08-2012)
 Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #274

Not Ranked  0 score     

Soooo ughhh will I be able to clear strut with 9.5 e45
 Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #275

Not Ranked  0 score     

Soooo ughhh will I be able to clear strut with 9.5 e45
So according to my app you will have 17mm less inner clearance.

You need to get under your car and see if you have that much space from the inner side of the wheel to whatever part of the strut that sticks out the closest to that...

That's the only way to figure it out unless someone is already running that exact same wheel/suspension setup...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #276

Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn I don't think anyone's running that. Well I did some research they say it's only 5mm Closer to strut comparing to stock wheels
 Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #277

corner-hard is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just went through the entire post: just wanted to get clarification on a set up I'm looking to run... RPF1's, 17x8 on a 245/45 tire. If I don't want to roll/pull fenders, want zero rubbing issues and do not want to run any spacers - what off set do I need to be at? Back spacing? Thanks.

corner-hard is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #278

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by corner-hard View Post
Just went through the entire post: just wanted to get clarification on a set up I'm looking to run... RPF1's, 17x8 on a 245/45 tire. If I don't want to roll/pull fenders, want zero rubbing issues and do not want to run any spacers - what off set do I need to be at? Back spacing? Thanks.
What offset? I was rubbing the rear fenders 17x8 +35, 235/45 stock suspension on a genone ms3....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #279

corner-hard is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was thinking a 45 offset

corner-hard is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #280
Banned

dantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the worlddantes5823 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,891 Times in 3,580 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 52 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so im thinking about running some PF01's in either 17x9 +40 or 18x9 +45 18x8.5 +48 or even a 17x8.5 +40. I would prefer a wider tire and im not agains rulling and pulling. I want to run a 245 tire but not sure if it would work on either setup. Im lowered on the eibachs.

Last edited by dantes5823; 07-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
dantes5823 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dantes5823 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (01-10-2013)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/ultimate-will-they-fit-thread-everything-you-101473/
Posted By For Type Date
rustysurfsa comments on Wheel spacers? This thread Refback 02-04-2015 02:02 PM
Wheel spacers? : mazda This thread Refback 02-04-2015 11:36 AM
Tire and Wheel replacement - Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum This thread Refback 11-20-2014 03:07 PM
The Ultimate "Will They Fit" Thread - Everything you need to know about wheels, spacers and tires for your MS - Mazdaspeed Forums This thread Refback 11-07-2014 09:15 AM
Spacers This thread Refback 09-25-2014 10:53 PM
Mazdaspeed Wheel Spacers - AE Autos This thread Refback 08-14-2014 10:42 AM
Bbs c5-s This thread Pingback 08-10-2014 11:43 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 217 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 02-04-2014 11:52 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 145 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-12-2014 06:19 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 111 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-09-2014 03:29 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 107 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-18-2013 08:19 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 214 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-14-2013 11:18 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 182 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-09-2013 12:28 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 216 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-04-2013 06:41 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 200 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 11-19-2013 08:00 AM
Tires & Rims Spec Questions! - Mazda3Club.com This thread Refback 11-12-2013 04:31 PM
My New(used) Car - Mazda3Club.com This thread Refback 09-16-2013 09:44 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 11 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-03-2013 05:38 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 5 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-06-2013 07:39 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 213 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-24-2013 11:26 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 211 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-10-2013 12:01 AM
Post Your Rims Here! - Page 54 This thread Refback 04-15-2013 03:11 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 4 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-28-2013 10:37 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 174 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-17-2013 01:44 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 204 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 03-14-2013 02:13 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 210 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 01-19-2013 06:57 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 2 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-18-2012 07:24 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 171 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-06-2012 06:37 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 83 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 12-03-2012 02:41 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 14 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 11-26-2012 12:57 PM
Decision made for wheels This thread Refback 10-20-2012 06:58 AM
Forum Mazda Performance Series - Zobacz temat - [S] Nowe oryginalne felgi Mazda 18" This thread Refback 10-15-2012 03:23 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 147 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-29-2012 07:46 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 202 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 09-14-2012 01:08 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 20 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-06-2012 01:45 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 109 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 08-01-2012 01:38 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-22-2012 11:55 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 207 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-22-2012 08:55 AM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 87 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-12-2012 02:02 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 21 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 07-03-2012 10:33 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 196 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 06-19-2012 09:21 PM
Pic Request Thread, No Photoshops - Page 49 - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum This thread Refback 05-21-2012 08:47 PM