register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #41

Andrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the worldAndrew85 is the leader of the world
Groans: 286
Groaned at 274 Times in 223 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
post dyno sheets
Im sure w/o tires he'd still 'out dyno' you Philly
phillyb (08-12-2009)
 Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #42

RayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the worldRayRayBauder is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,092 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 234
Groaned at 154 Times in 122 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^less rotational mass - more power so of course he would

yes i just stood up for philly by making up some bs excuse...

'08 MazdaSpeed3 - sold
RayRayBauder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #43
Wide tire man

dbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by retrobmx63 View Post
It's been almost a month. Where are the finalized pics. I'm horny for them.

This is going to turn into the epic badge saga.

Cept to melt your wheels you'd need a pretty big oven...
I was on vacation for the past week, but I ordered tires tonight. The bad part is my tire mounter is going to the UK for work for 10 days and he's leaving this weekend.

onlinetires.com has a smoking deal on the new Hankook V12 tires. I ordered the 235/45/17 tires and they were $363 shipped. On top of that, Hankook has a $50 rebate on the V12s.
I also picked up some Mazda OEM TPMS sensors a month or so ago, so I'm good to go in about two weeks.
Cobb AccessPort, Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport Stage II intake with TIP and airbox, Corksport rear camber arms, Corksport catted test pipe, Denso ITV22 plugs, JBR rear sway bar and HD mounts, CP-e stage II rear motor mount, Mazda5 rear brake upgrade, Bilstein struts, Eibach pro springs.
Too many wheels & tires to list.
dbrier is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #44
Banned

killa cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the worldkilla cam is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i creamed my pants at the thought of some sticky lightweight 235's on my car... i'm going to get these wheels soon i think.
killa cam is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #45

mr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the worldmr_mazda329 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,356 Times in 255 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is awesome..now only if they were gold:

Photoshop awhile ago when i was thinking of doing this.

Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

mr_mazda329 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #46
Wide tire man

dbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the worlddbrier is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice work with Photoshop.

I've never been a big fan of gold wheels. My tires will have a slightly taller sidewall, but make those silver and that will be my car.
Cobb AccessPort, Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport Stage II intake with TIP and airbox, Corksport rear camber arms, Corksport catted test pipe, Denso ITV22 plugs, JBR rear sway bar and HD mounts, CP-e stage II rear motor mount, Mazda5 rear brake upgrade, Bilstein struts, Eibach pro springs.
 Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #47

all4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant futureall4bspinnin has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

look around on iwsti and you can probably find a set of the stock RE070's for dirt cheap if you need tires... plus the RE070 is a very sticky tire
all4bspinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #48

2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,638 Times in 353 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i know on 247 they have pics of these rims on car.

if some can look over there they will find them,

I am banned from my work computer to go or i would do it myself, stupid govt computers
2007speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #49
Wide tire man

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's a marroon 3 sedan with gold wheels. It looked horrible until it was lowered.

Originally Posted by all4bspinnin View Post
look around on iwsti and you can probably find a set of the stock RE070's for dirt cheap if you need tires... plus the RE070 is a very sticky tire
The 070 is a great track autocross tire, I've run them in the past on my WRX. The suck as daily driven tires, the sidewalls are made of iron.
The wheels had a set in very good condition, but I sold them. The 225/45/17 tire is a little short for a car that already has short gearing. In the last 4 months, I've sold 3 sets of 225/45/17 tires transitioning to the taller tire Mazda.
 Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #50
Wide tire man

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 2007speed3 View Post
i know on 247 they have pics of these rims on car.

if some can look over there they will find them,

I am banned from my work computer to go or i would do it myself, stupid govt computers
This is the car I was thinking of.
Mazda 3i with STi BBS wheels NO 56K!!!
 Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #51

Fa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the worldFa5t is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I really want a set in gold! The Mazda 3i however, looks like a smacked ass.
 Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #52

Switters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond reputeSwitters has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those wheels look sweet man. Now i need a set for CBM....

07 CBM MS3 GT-traded
JBRTRMotorsportCorksportHTPTRZDashhawk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fierce invalids home from hot climates.
Switters is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #53
Wide tire man

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tire are mounted!
The wheels and tires are very close to the strut in the front, I'm guessing 1/4" or less, but they don't rub. I don't think 245s would fit in the front without a spacer. The +53 offset will do that. I have plenty of clearance in the rear, even without rolling the fenders.

Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 235/45/17 tires on the 05+ STi wheels.

No flush or aggressive fit here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbrier For This Useful Post:
madvillain (08-05-2009), mr_mazda329 (08-14-2009)
 Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #54

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

those look amazing!
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #55
Wide tire man

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks

I should add some more info.
The OEM Mazda TPMS sensors fit the BBS wheels just fine, I have a set in there now. If anyone wants to know, the TPMS sensors weigh 1 5/8 oz (46 grams).

This wheel and tire combo is about 30 lbs lighter than the OEM setup, and the tires are much wider. Since the offset is within .5mm of the OEM offset, I've retained all the original scrub radius, Dave points, and handling characteristics that are built into the car.

I think it makes the car look more ordinary. The wheels are smaller and they don't stick out like many aftermarket wheels. Part of the allure of this car is the sleeper factor. I've upped the performance and made it look plainer.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbrier For This Useful Post:
2007speed3 (08-06-2009)
 Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #56

bnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 530 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks nice. Love the idea of a light setup, just wish I knew a machinist that would do it for me cheap.
2013 Ford Focus SE - Sold!
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold!
2002 BMW M3 - Sold!
2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
1974 GMC Super Custom 1500 built 350/TH400 3200 stall
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #57
C Notes

Cornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the worldCornerfreak is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fucking asshole! Now you have me looking for wheels.
BTW I hate you!
 Old 08-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #58
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

shit's dope. do want
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #59
Wide tire man

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anybody want thier own set?
4 WRX STI SUBARU 2005 / MAZDA SPEED III WHEELS & tires:eBay Motors (item 370255737303 end time Sep-14-09 1825 PDT)

Not mine, but looks like the same process. They have the offset listed wrong, STi wheels are +53.
Not a bad price.
 Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #60

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dbrier View Post
Anybody want thier own set?
4 WRX STI SUBARU 2005 / MAZDA SPEED III WHEELS & tires:eBay Motors (item 370255737303 end time Sep-14-09 1825 PDT)

Not mine, but looks like the same process. They have the offset listed wrong, STi wheels are +53.
Not a bad price.
do waaaant.
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #61
Banned

ms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the worldms3077 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,218 Times in 760 Posts
Groans: 974
Groaned at 738 Times in 373 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very nice set up man! I'm jealous as hell right now
ms3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #62

gcd23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mr_mazda329 View Post
This is awesome..now only if they were gold:

Photoshop awhile ago when i was thinking of doing this.
sick combination imo! The gold oddly enough looks great with the white.
 Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #63

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn...loooks good!