register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #1

Element has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What color to refinsh my wheels?

I have some TE-37s knock offs that I have been using for winter rims for the past 3 winters now. They are starting to show their age, so I was going to get them refinished. Right now they are black with a chrome lip, and my car is a true red.

What color should I do them? Green, orange, blue? Don't really care as they are my winter wheels, so I'm willing to do something different lol.
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #2

esr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much do you want to spend? You could get the lip powdercoated candy red and then do the inside a black chrome or a matte black color.

If you dont want to spend a lot and just want to spray paint them then idk lol.

Just figured i throw out that idea.
esr010 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #3

Element has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond reputeElement has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by esr010 View Post
How much do you want to spend? You could get the lip powdercoated candy red and then do the inside a black chrome or a matte black color.

If you dont want to spend a lot and just want to spray paint them then idk lol.

Just figured i throw out that idea.
Cost is not an issue since I have access to sandblasting and powdercoating equipment.
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #4

esr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice. Me too. lol. Matte Black centers and a Dark Candy red lip would pop i think. Or you could do a chrome base with 120% gloss trans black over it. That would stand out too. Deff different.

Also you could try black centers with a silver vein on the lip with a candy red over that. Ask your powdercoater. That would look sick too.
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My summer wheels are RX8 wheels PCd black with a red lip. I'll have to take a look at the color palatte and see whats out there.
 Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #6

GQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gold / Bronze
GQ_WhiteMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GQ_WhiteMS3 For This Useful Post:
phillyb (05-07-2009)
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GQ_WhiteMS3 View Post
Gold / Bronze
That was actually my number one choice. That or Takata Green lol.
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #8

GQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the worldGQ_WhiteMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Green on red to me is just tooooooo Xmas'y
GQ_WhiteMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GQ_WhiteMS3 For This Useful Post:
phillyb (05-07-2009)
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GQ_WhiteMS3 View Post
Green on red to me is just tooooooo Xmas'y
Yeah that was my concern. Maybe a blue or orange. I dunno I just want to fuck around with my winter wheels lol
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Pearl White would be different... I havent seen that on a red car.
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Only concern with white is how hard it would be to keep clean. I can see it staining easy.
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah thats why im not doing mine that color anymore. Would be nice though. Im sitting on a few pounds of pearl white now lol. Other options are mirror black or black chrome. Those are really cool too. Sounds like you want something really loud like that orange or green though.. hmm.
 Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah thats why im not doing mine that color anymore. Would be nice though. Im sitting on a few pounds of pearl white now lol. Other options are mirror black or black chrome. Those are really cool too. Sounds like you want something really loud like that orange or green though.. hmm.
Doesn't necessarily need to be loud. The wheels right now are black with a chrome lip, my summer wheels are black with a red lip. Just looking for something different.
 Old 05-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #14

ms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do same red as the car
2008 TR MS3 Sport[/B]:Cobb Sri,AP/Corksport Dp/Vibrant Dp Back/Pg HF CDFP/SU Boost Tubes/TRZ Poly MM/TWM STS, Shifter bushings/DashHawk/Turbosmart DualPort BOV/15,35% Tints/AutoExe Shift Knob/ Redline Shifter,E-brake Boot
Future Mods[/B]auter Rods/CP pistons/PTP SST K04/PG Tubular Manifold EWG/Turbo XS Dp/Cobb TIP/HKS Plugs/Perrin OCC/Devils Own WM Injection/BC Racing Coilovers/Hotchkis H&R Sway Bars/Rotora F&R slotted Rotors/EBC Red stuff Pads/Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines/ACT Street clutch and flywheel/Cobb FMIC/Tial 38mm v-band and screamer pipe/SU Side Mounts/8000k HIDs/PTP BS delete,WT/rx8 wheels/samco silicone hoses/235-40-18 Falken Azenis RT-615/P&L Motorsports ATP or ATR tune we will see though although 350whp is the goal!
ms3boost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no orange on red. that clashes. blue would be dope. grey with a yellow lip. do that.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #16

ms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to beholdms3boost is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yellow with orange lip or vise versa
2008 TR MS3 Sport[/B]:Cobb Sri,AP/Corksport Dp/Vibrant Dp Back/Pg HF CDFP/SU Boost Tubes/TRZ Poly MM/TWM STS, Shifter bushings/DashHawk/Turbosmart DualPort BOV/15,35% Tints/AutoExe Shift Knob/ Redline Shifter,E-brake Boot
Future Mods[/B]auter Rods/CP pistons/PTP SST K04/PG Tubular Manifold EWG/Turbo XS Dp/Cobb TIP/HKS Plugs/Perrin OCC/Devils Own WM Injection/BC Racing Coilovers/Hotchkis H&R Sway Bars/Rotora F&R slotted Rotors/EBC Red stuff Pads/Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines/ACT Street clutch and flywheel/Cobb FMIC/Tial 38mm v-band and screamer pipe/SU Side Mounts/8000k HIDs/PTP BS delete,WT/rx8 wheels/samco silicone hoses/235-40-18 Falken Azenis RT-615/P&L Motorsports ATP or ATR tune we will see though although 350whp is the goal!
ms3boost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #17

Strytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

gold =)
 Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #18

sea6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Edit: I havent seen that on a red car since 1987
sea6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
Edit: I havent seen that on a red car since 1987
Yeah i was 2 if that at then... lol.

Bump for the OP.