register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #1

manofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Wheels

Anyone got some places on the web where they got some good rim/wheel deals?

I am looking to get rims for my speed6 and I have been to:

rim1.com
discounttiredirect.com
wheelsnext.com
tirerack.com

I have done business with rim1.com before, but they don't have the selection like they used too...

The other three I have no clue....

Any recommendations?
manofhonor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #2

JMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,770 Times in 925 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

EBAY!

The selection may not be great at any one time but you'll probably find what you want if you're willing to wait. I got my $3220 VOLK CE28Nf's for about 1600 on EBAY from a place called Elites-Wheels. They don't have a great selection on their website: Elites-Wholesale - Official Site , but I'm pretty sure they can order just about anything and all the prices I saw were very good.

2009 MS3 GT - Built engine, JBR intake/TIP and short shifter, all engine mounts, Autotech HPFP internals, ETS TMIC, Custom AP tune, Pauter rods, CP pistons, and 6-puck ACT clutch
-GTX2867R Coming Soon
JMEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

manofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to beholdmanofhonor24 is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i found some rims that I really like....but how do I increase the offset so that they will install correctly?

I am 2 mm shy....
 Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #4

JMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the worldJMEngineer is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,770 Times in 925 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stock wheels on the 6 are 18x7 +55 offset. My rims are 18x7.5 +43, so they actually stick out 3/4" more than stock. If you go with a lower offset than stock you just have to make sure you don't go too far. If you go with a higher offset you can add spacers, but it's hard to find 18" wheels with more than 55mm offset.

How wide are the rims you found and what is the offset?

2009 MS3 GT - Built engine, JBR intake/TIP and short shifter, all engine mounts, Autotech HPFP internals, ETS TMIC, Custom AP tune, Pauter rods, CP pistons, and 6-puck ACT clutch
-GTX2867R Coming Soon
JMEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #5

shaneS will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

jlbmotorsports.com
shaneS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JMEngineer View Post
Stock wheels on the 6 are 18x7 +55 offset. My rims are 18x7.5 +43, so they actually stick out 3/4" more than stock. If you go with a lower offset than stock you just have to make sure you don't go too far. If you go with a higher offset you can add spacers, but it's hard to find 18" wheels with more than 55mm offset.

How wide are the rims you found and what is the offset?
They are 18x7.5 with a 40mm offset...
 Old 05-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #7

Wastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond reputeWastegate13 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manofhonor24 View Post
They are 18x7.5 with a 40mm offset...
You should be good to go with those wheels. Depending on your tire size.

Is there that much of a difference in wheelwell room between the 3 and the 6?

PS: I run 18x8 et40 with 215/45. I am slightly lowered on BC coils and I have never rubbed. No roll on the rear either. I will switch to a 225/40 when I need new tires in a few months and then I want to bring the car down some more. I will more than likely require a roll then.
 Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #8

djrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud ofdjrivera has much to be proud of
Groaned at 48 Times in 42 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

try streetdreams.net