register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Djohns

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

SweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Which wheels should I get?

I'm torn. I'm leaning towards RPF1's though. (Made this with the WheelCo app, I'm no photoshop wizard).

Option 1

Option 2

||Cobb AP dyno tuned at 18psi||ETS top mount||Reworked K04||Ebay Catless turboback to HKS Hi-Power exhaust||
||Cobb sri & tip||Forge BOV||Eibach springs||CP-E RMM||Stop Tech rotors & Hawk HPS pads||Rota Torque 18x8.5's||
SweetLew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #2

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm a bit more of a fan of option 1, but I like both. I'm assuming you don't actually have aftermarket calipers?

Things that don't: Gen Pu wheels, CPE center pod with Prosport boost, OP, and OT gauges, Eonon G9151A.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
sharksinspace (01-19-2017)
 Old 01-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #3

SweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond reputeSweetLew has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I'm a bit more of a fan of option 1, but I like both. I'm assuming you don't actually have aftermarket calipers?
Correct. That's just part of the app.

||Cobb AP dyno tuned at 18psi||ETS top mount||Reworked K04||Ebay Catless turboback to HKS Hi-Power exhaust||
||Cobb sri & tip||Forge BOV||Eibach springs||CP-E RMM||Stop Tech rotors & Hawk HPS pads||Rota Torque 18x8.5's||
SweetLew is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #4

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Option 1. But my opinion doesn't matter, it's your opinion that counts. I've personally never liked rpf1s on black cars.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
cyclist20 (01-20-2017), KiwiFlavor (01-20-2017), sharksinspace (01-19-2017)
 Old 01-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #5

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 126
Not Ranked  0 score     

#1 . I don't care much for RPF1s in silver; would you be painting/dipping them?
 Old 01-20-2017, 04:02 AM   #6

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,541 Times in 943 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sharksinspace View Post
#1 . I don't care much for RPF1s in silver; would you be painting/dipping them?
Me neither.

RPF1s in SBC doe...

Edit: Holy big picture batman..

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2017, 04:27 AM   #7
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,755 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Black 17x9 RPF1s. Dooooooo eeet.

And that wheel app is pretty legit. Way better than anything I've yet to see.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
sharksinspace (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2017, 04:46 AM   #8

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,541 Times in 943 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #9

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
Black 17x9 RPF1s. Dooooooo eeet.

And that wheel app is pretty legit. Way better than anything I've yet to see.

Black wheels on a black car?? Shameful!! The 90s are over and the murdered out scene is gone. Thankfully. There's just no taste in black on black. Plus black wheels on a black car hide the design of the wheel from popping out.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
_SPEED3GT_ (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #10

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I must respectfully disagree with @Djohns; in this instance; that shit CWP posted looks hot.
CWP_MS3 (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

To each their own, I respect your opinion.
sharksinspace likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
sharksinspace (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #12

kpeezy188 is a glorious beacon of lightkpeezy188 is a glorious beacon of lightkpeezy188 is a glorious beacon of lightkpeezy188 is a glorious beacon of lightkpeezy188 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I cast my vote for option 1
 Old 01-20-2017, 07:21 AM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not always a fan of the black/black look (as with black on red, it IS a bit played out, which is why I went with anthracite grey when I dipped my RX8s), but I do think black RPF1s on a black genwon is a successful combination.
CWP_MS3 (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #14
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,755 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Black wheels on a black car?? Shameful!! The 90s are over and the murdered out scene is gone. Thankfully. There's just no taste in black on black. Plus black wheels on a black car hide the design of the wheel from popping out.
A man who purchases and installs a corksport hoodscoop on their car has absolutely no say in what does or does not look good. Your opinion is irrelevant. lol Especially when they have a fucking FMIC.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

I like the CS scoop on dark colored cars, myself. I appreciate the more aggressive look of it but don't like how the carbon finish sticks out on, say, a white or red Pu.
 Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
A man who purchases and installs a corksport hoodscoop on their car has absolutely no say in what does or does not look good. Your opinion is irrelevant. lol Especially when they have a fucking FMIC.
'Twas a gift from my girlfriend. And at that time I still had a top mount.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #17

MunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are those Work Emotions? Always been a fan of Work, but RPF1's look good when they're done well.
MunkieJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #18

_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all_SPEED3GT_ is a name known to all
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I vote for the 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_SPEED3GT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #19

manu is a glorious beacon of lightmanu is a glorious beacon of lightmanu is a glorious beacon of lightmanu is a glorious beacon of lightmanu is a glorious beacon of lightmanu is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I , too vote the first, even tho the 2nd look good too
In today's market there is sooo many to choose outhere
If i had enough money id buy and switch wheels every year

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manu For This Useful Post:
_SPEED3GT_ (01-20-2017)
 Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #20

talios has a spectacular aura abouttalios has a spectacular aura abouttalios has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 17 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Between the those two, definitely the first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
talios is offline   Reply With Quote