register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #41

bf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the worldbf360 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 42 Times in 35 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like the stance i just couldnt ever do the stretched tire deal, i need traction and nice wide rubber
your car is possessed by satan, so i dunno whats goin on with that LOL vta's shootin fire some crazy ass extra fluid lines. secret boost control settings haha ninja, or your demon spawn gas pedal not taking no for an answer lololol but your shit rips it.
bf360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bf360 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (02-10-2013), KeysMS3 (12-21-2009)
 Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #42

sumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol thanks guys.

KeysMS3 - lol sorry but, hey, look at it this way. the money is going to be spent anyways! might as well use it towards something fun and of desire. there are good things for sale for cheap out there! you just gotta find it lol. again sorry if i fed the fire hahaha. (actually im kinda not. i wanna see more lows and wides... but dont go broke!)
sumthaiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #43

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

im 90% sure u can shove a 10" wide wheel int he rear of the mzd3 hatches...

========

loooks really good though!
 Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #44

ETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,371 Times in 281 Posts
Groans: 124
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I LOVE IT.
Its not for everyone, but that is kind of the point. Only thing I would like to see is the front end lowered a bit more and then it would be sick!!!
ETERNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #45

Jogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really niceJogadoggz is just really nice
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

its your car bud do whatever you want, you can't impress everyone!
2007 Pearl White MS3 | 18x8.5 Work Schwerts SC4 | H&R Sport Springs | Autoexe Emblemless grill painted black | GV Copy Front Lip | RE-Amemiya Rear Lip | Black Roof | Magnaflow CBE | Cobb SRI | Cobb FMIC | Cobb AP | Turbosmart BOV | Defi Red Racer Gauges
Jogadoggz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2009, 04:02 AM   #46

sumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant futuresumthaiguy has a brilliant future
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha yea thanks guys. i know i cant expect everyone to like it but i like it and thats all that matters.

the BC's are all the way down WITH perches taken out. so its as low as its going to go with all BC equipment. BUT ive been talking to this guy about some replacement springs sooo. next plan is to buy some shorter, stiffer springs to replace the bc ones. itll be super slammed possibly the lowest ms3 evarrr. its going at least an inch lower all around. lol i want to achieve the chassis height when i was on the 17's w/ rubberband tires but on the 18's. scrapping belly everywhere and getting stuck on speed bumps lol.
 Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #47

Strytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud ofStrytnyne has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol dang 215s on 9.5 i had 225 on a 9 and it was hella uncomfortable to see my lip exposed like that
 Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #48

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,994 Times in 1,710 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

as i said before, looks AWESOME man. Id never pick those wheels out in a million years if i were to see them by themselves, but they actually look great on the car. definitely makes me want to go get some new wheeeeelz... i dont want to spend the money right now though. im waiting for the new PF01's to come out and about..
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #49

Fagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the worldFagwagon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,217 Times in 543 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lookin good man tell me you dont rub.
Fagwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #50

joeylow will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks good man, love to see diff wheels instead of the 3-4 wheels everyone goes with i had the tenzo r type m black with red lip, bought the car in dec of 2007 and bought them right after then that blew up so sold the wheels been running the stockers sense, now looking at another set of wheels (haven't seen them on any 3 or speed3) so looking like i might be buying them................once again good job bro
joeylow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #51

paradigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really niceparadigmshift is just really nice
Neutral  -1 score     

I think it looks great!
 Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #52

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

strtnyne - the tires might be 215's but they fit wide. more like a 225. and im extra careful when things are around my lips of the wheels. accidentally curbed my last wheels. it wasnt even that bad. it was like an inch of light curb but i was still super angry about it.

thanks again madvillain!

Fagwagon - lol i would say its barely a rub. only slightly rubs on big bumps. and on hard transfers of weight.

Joeylow - exactly my point! i was tired of seeing the same old wheels on every single dang ms3. not everyone might like my car but at least its unique. boo to the monotony of wheel choices on ms3's. lol care to leak what kind of wheels youre looking at?
 Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #53

ispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the worldispypsi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The stance on it isn't bad, at least it's not chulo pokin'. I never liked those wheels, well I don't like tri-spoke wheels in general. But it's moderately nice.

I ran a stance setup on my 240sx. The stretched tires are definitely NOT a performance enhancement, to whomever said they get good grip. Stretching tires is only functional in the "it will fit" perspective. Most of the drifter guys liked stretched tires because you can break traction alot easier, since there is essentially no 'bubble/balloon' effect in the tire, esp if you run a higher air pressure. Was surely nice for sliding, but not a grip setup.

Anywho, it looks good and there will always be some haters. I came up with the term fitmint, because I always associated hellaflush with those trendy kids from CA who thought they were ahead of the curve all the time. :roll:

I do like that 3 up there with the 9" wide +40 RPF1s.
 Old 12-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #54

black-speed3-gt will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

shit gay as fuck get a mans tire on there bro so you can get some traction i should post pic of my ride looks 10 times better
black-speed3-gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #55

IndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by black-speed3-gt View Post
shit gay as fuck get a mans tire on there bro so you can get some traction i should post pic of my ride looks 10 times better

"people that talk shit on here are clowns"
IndianOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #56

ATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond reputeATAZ has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

sumthaiguy - you car looks sick man, I love the vw stretch. I didnt think it would look that good on our stance. So well done
ATAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #57

silversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 52
Groaned at 26 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by IndianOutlaw View Post
"people that talk shit on here are clowns"
True that
The dick heads on here blow harder/faster than our
2.3 mzr disi phailboat motors
Rota wheel whore #1
MOdS list
shaved with a razor moldings (EDGE cream)~de-BaGEd FTW~
painted StoCk wheels secret color ~ rattl;e caned RooF~ jdm painted brake conversion~ clear tint ~ light weight black hood and trunk with wing option ~ japanese amber side markers/ running lights ~ tw0 light weight car seats ~ shifter weight reduction ~ stock recaros with red stitching ~ mp3 mazda stereo

for sale: ms3 transmission second gear is worn out. Perfect if you want to Upgrade it or if you don't want to have any down time if you're trans is messed up!
PM me with offers
silversurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #58

IndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the worldIndianOutlaw is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silversurfer3 View Post
True that

I got that quote directly from the guy above my post..
Thought it was pretty ironic
The Following User Says Thank You to IndianOutlaw For This Useful Post:
silversurfer3 (12-28-2009)
 Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #59

silversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me give everyone a preview of you're dope whip
it is stock suspension and or stock painted wheels or rotas same phail anyway you look at it
Stock block soon to be fully bolted but for now just a blow-off valve and intake.
Maybe a shifter type r status. More to come
Rota wheel whore #1
MOdS list
painted StoCk wheels secret color ~ rattl;e caned RooF~ jdm painted brake conversion~ clear tint ~ light weight black hood and trunk with wing option ~ japanese amber side markers/ running lights ~ tw0 light weight car seats ~ shifter weight reduction ~ stock recaros with red stitching ~ mp3 mazda stereo

for sale: ms3 transmission second gear is worn out. Perfect if you want to Upgrade it or if you don't want to have any down time if you're trans is messed up!
PM me with offers
The Following User Says Thank You to silversurfer3 For This Useful Post:
IndianOutlaw (12-28-2009)
 Old 12-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #60

Radar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the worldRadar_This is the leader of the world
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i see a lot of blue in here, lol
 Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Attention: We have a good observer in in the house.
 Old 12-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #62

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL @ you. what a fail. id like to see your 10 times better ride. please show me up... im begging you.

True that
QFT.

Let me give everyone a preview of you're dope whip
it is stock suspension and or stock painted wheels or rotas same phail anyway you look at it
Stock block soon to be fully bolted but for now just a blow-off valve and intake.
Maybe a shifter type r status. More to come
LOL i wanna see this badass ride! must be the nicest car in the US. XD what a turd...

thanks for the compliments guys! yea its not too poke. at least not mexi-poke. and its DEF. not for performance. and yes drifters use it because its easier to loose traction.
 Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #63

jdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks awesome we need to get more speed members with this style
 Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #64
Banned

Buildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the worldBuildabong is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,138 Times in 576 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 274 Times in 187 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

this thread turned to hate, lol, people that hate on the rims and setup are just mad they cant afford shit like that
Buildabong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buildabong For This Useful Post:
ETERNAL (02-20-2010), IndianOutlaw (01-06-2010), KeysMS3 (01-07-2010)
 Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #65

jdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to beholdjdmjerry is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Buildabong View Post
this thread turned to hate, lol, people that hate on the rims and setup are just mad they cant afford shit like that
agreed... seems like alot of speed owners just paint parts and paint stock wheels need more people to buck up cash and effort to get slammed speeds cause they look awesome.. i also understand some just dont like real low cars and or track theres which is cool to
 Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #66

Archangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

well, let me start by saying that i def. give you props for going in a different direction than most people with your speed. Now... 215 on a 9.5 inch wheel in my personal and professional opinion (Manager for Discount Tire) is stupid. The first time you hit some dip in the road or a patch of repaved ashphalt, wheels are bent. Heaven forbid you hit a pothole on a stretched tire like that on that wheel, not only do you have a tire that will break the bead and go flat, but you may also have a crack in your wheel, because there's not enough sidewall to protect it. As long as you're aware of said conditions, and you still decide that's what you want to do, then props. I think you're an idiot, but props...
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #67

2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,638 Times in 353 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
well, let me start by saying that i def. give you props for going in a different direction than most people with your speed. Now... 215 on a 9.5 inch wheel in my personal and professional opinion (Manager for Discount Tire) is stupid. The first time you hit some dip in the road or a patch of repaved ashphalt, wheels are bent. Heaven forbid you hit a pothole on a stretched tire like that on that wheel, not only do you have a tire that will break the bead and go flat, but you may also have a crack in your wheel, because there's not enough sidewall to protect it. As long as you're aware of said conditions, and you still decide that's what you want to do, then props. I think you're an idiot, but props...
go on VWVortex and say that....
2007speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #68

Archangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the roughArchangel is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 2007speed3 View Post
go on VWVortex and say that....
don't own a VDub, nor will I. Not my cup of tea.... Seems everybody has their opinion, I gave mine and that's what it is.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #69

stormtrooper3 has a spectacular aura aboutstormtrooper3 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont know what is wrong with some of the people in the mazda3/speed 3 community, people always have to hate. Little do they realize they are behind the time. Id love to see black-speed3-gt's ride.
Lets see it fool!!! Lets see those awesome sunken battle ships your rocking! I bet your car looks like a damn hover craft. Stop hating, especially on something that actually looks different than every other stock looking speed 3 with removed side moldings and painted badges. People like sumthaiguy are pushing the limits of fitment on our cars and making this community more interesting and making our cars more in line with the fitment in EVERY OTHER CAR COMMUNITY!!! Sorry u cant afford to have nice fitment! If u cant respect it then GTFO! Go lurk around and make douche-bag comments in the highest offset possible wheel threads.
stormtrooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #70

ZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to beholdZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to beholdZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to beholdZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to beholdZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to beholdZoomZoom_ms6 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

dope

Last edited by ZoomZoom_ms6; 01-27-2010 at 02:30 PM.
ZoomZoom_ms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #71

ETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,371 Times in 281 Posts
Groans: 124
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Problem is, this (your post) isn't an opinion. You are posting as if an expert of the matter. People run stretched all the time, my wifes ride is slightly stretched and we have by far the worse roads anywhere. And she couldn't avoid a pot hole if there was a sign saying there is a pothole ahead. And hundreds of people on forums run insane stretches and the issues you speak just do not happen often at all.
Opinion is, I don't like the look.
ETERNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #72

dealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

CeeeJay did you have to roll your fenders at all to run that rim/tire setup and also are you rubbing at all? I have always loved the rpf1's and im thinking about doing the exact setup when I get the funds
dealerjohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #73

06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world06spped6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I kinda like the look but how much of a ride dif did you notice stretching the tire that much was it rough?

Cobb CAI : Cobb AP Stage 2 91 : Denso ITV-22 : SU TMIC : SU Testpipe : TS Dualport Bov : SU Boost Tubes : H&R Lowering Springs : Riax 18x9 Wheels : Escta ASX 225/45/18 Still To Come : DevilsOwn Meth Kit : GS BCS
06spped6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #74

CeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to beholdCeeeJay is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dealerjohn1 View Post
CeeeJay did you have to roll your fenders at all to run that rim/tire setup and also are you rubbing at all? I have always loved the rpf1's and im thinking about doing the exact setup when I get the funds
Fronts were not necessary to roll but I did do the rears.
CeeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #75

peez is a name known to allpeez is a name known to allpeez is a name known to allpeez is a name known to allpeez is a name known to allpeez is a name known to all
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wish I could do this to my car That mazda 6 with the evo x wheels gives me a woody.
peez is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #76

dealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the worlddealerjohn1 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks man
dealerjohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #77

Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you posts some of you're camber info.
Please
Rota wheel whore #1
MOdS list

PM me with offers
 Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #78

khris2476 is a name known to allkhris2476 is a name known to allkhris2476 is a name known to allkhris2476 is a name known to allkhris2476 is a name known to allkhris2476 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks awesome, id roll with that setup but for sure dent those wheels quick out here in LA
khris2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #79

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

dang ive neglected this thread. o well new setup is almost done so a new thread is coming. but ill answer some things that i havent addressed.

lol well first off, since youre a manger at DT, you should know that federals run 1 size wider than true to size. so it fits like a 225. still not to spec but wider than 215. and even though you work at discount, i doubt you have the experience to know what it takes to run a stretched tire and the consequences of it because discount never pushes any kind of limits at all. the only way you could get that experience is first hand, by actually going stretched and driving on it. tons of people in my city run stretched. hell they drift on stretched. and the rate of failure is slim. it takes a hell of a stretch and a stupid mechanic that doesnt put enough pressure in it to break beads. i know what it takes and the possible consequences of doing so. people have been stretching for a long time. and theres a safe way to do it. im not saying there arent consequences but there are precautions. im just saying that its not as dangerous as people put it out to be. you gotta keep your pressures up and pay attention to your driving. i know what im doing and plus mine is only a moderate stretch so im confident that ill run out of tread before something happens.

Originally Posted by 06spped6 View Post
I kinda like the look but how much of a ride dif did you notice stretching the tire that much was it rough?
the ride is almost the same from what i noticed. a little rougher due to higher psi and increased sidewall rigidity. its the same amount of contact from the tire as a regular setup.
 Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #80

Caldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

first of all, the ONLY thing I would have done differently is not stretch the rubber so much, but thats just personal. Other than that, looks great man!! Clean, nice, etc.

And don't apologise for the photography. That all looks great. Maybe let the dude in the minivan pass by before you snap the shutter, but other than that, really nice. Excellent composition on some, and good/really good on others, nice exposure, cool location, nice lighting. Some magazine quality shots there.

91 Talon TSi, 5spd AWD, GT3076R, fmic, 3" exhaust, Jackal EMS, methanol injection, JIC C/O and more. Looking at 10's
Caldazar is offline   Reply With Quote