register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires HaveMazdaSpeed 3 - Wheels & Tires - Have a question about wheels or tires? Need a calculator to figure out offsets? We have them in here

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #41

mpsgarage has a spectacular aura aboutmpsgarage has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll send it, when I get a minute to look.
mpsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #42

Monstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm getting a hold of some 32 offset 18x10s, and will be testing them. I will get pics of my awesome rubbage. They are not my 1st choice of wheels, but they will help me find the right fitment. Also ordered in some 18x9.5s in a +37. Not for me, customer, but gonna see how they fit as well.
Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #43

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh yeah... the +37 offset is going to stick out alot... should get a 45 for a mazda ...

but... cant wait to see tha pics
 Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #44

mdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the world
Groans: 86
Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

can someone please hurry and prove that 18x10 will work without "too much work" on the MS6? I need a reason for new wheels!!
 Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #45

Monstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura aboutMonstar has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by :: Gusto :: View Post
oh yeah... the +37 offset is going to stick out alot... should get a 45 for a mazda ...

but... cant wait to see tha pics
You sure....Cause my +35s are flush as hell.

Test fitting this weekend on the 10's.
 Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #46

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Monstar... its sunday... test fit already... post pics man!!
 Old 01-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #47
Banned

MS3_Noob is a jewel in the roughMS3_Noob is a jewel in the roughMS3_Noob is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

MORE!! LABIAS...(labias=Dish)
MS3_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #48

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Monstar View Post
You sure....Cause my +35s are flush as hell.

Test fitting this weekend on the 10's.

anything yet>???
 Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #49

dallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond reputedallasms3gt has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 7
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Please see my post on the same topic concerning the predicament I am going through. It's long, but good information to know..

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...5-40-18-a.html
dallasms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #50

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dallasms3gt View Post
Please see my post on the same topic concerning the predicament I am going through. It's long, but good information to know..

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...5-40-18-a.html
we are talking about 18x10's ... on a MS6.... not 18x8 on a ms3....

-- the reason your rubbing is your front offset... should have been something smaller... like a 45-38mm... not the tire size...

+ your suspension is too soft.. go w/ a stiffer rate spring.. i ran a 18x9/18x8 set up on my 3 all day long... dropped on Eibach's.. w/ some mazdaspeed sways had no issues... ... & i live in the NorthEast where the roads Suck...

always do measurements 1st ... do your research... if it dont fit its on u....

-----
 Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #51

mdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the worldmdogg is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm getting a hold of some 32 offset 18x10s, and will be testing them. I will get pics of my awesome rubbage. They are not my 1st choice of wheels, but they will help me find the right fitment. Also ordered in some 18x9.5s in a +37. Not for me, customer, but gonna see how they fit as well.
any luck on either?
 Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #52

Boonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the worldBoonestafa is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by :: Gusto :: View Post
vw kids do it all the time.. looks dope.. heh

u gotta be able to runa 18x9 on tha speed6 no prob....

maybe alil rolling & pulling... but no big deal...

I had a set of staggered Porsche wheels on my GTI and while looking dope drove like shit when set with the skinny's up front and the fatties out back. when I had them switched around it handled great but looked like shit... I could actually get the rear end to step out at will! I'll look for a pic.

JBR RMM, HPFP Internals, cobb AP in near future!
Boonestafa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boonestafa For This Useful Post:
ms3=evokilla (12-29-2010)
 Old 01-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #53

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,465 Times in 2,601 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i am going to try 245/40 on 18x8 +50 wheels, I'll let you know all know how it goes in the next couple weekend when I get them
aaronc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

So far no luck, but still waiting on some other wheels. I had an epic fail on our "new" corgi A2024, so I got a new machine coming. Boo. 255s will fit 8.5's...but it needs 9.5-10 to look good. They fit all the way around, but stick out with my offset more than the wheel lip does...so no go. I will get the higher offset/wider wheels soon enough and get some new pics. sorry for the delay. But I did have 255/35/18s on the 6 last night...but just on my 8.5s.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monstar For This Useful Post:
mdogg (01-30-2009)
 Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 AM   #55

Not Ranked  0 score     

So far no luck, but still waiting on some other wheels. I had an epic fail on our "new" corgi A2024, so I got a new machine coming. Boo. 255s will fit 8.5's...but it needs 9.5-10 to look good. They fit all the way around, but stick out with my offset more than the wheel lip does...so no go. I will get the higher offset/wider wheels soon enough and get some new pics. sorry for the delay. But I did have 255/35/18s on the 6 last night...but just on my 8.5s.
hmm.... 255/35/18 on 8.5 wheels.... sounds tasty
what offset were those wheels? +35?
camber settings F/R?
how much are the sportlines lowered? 1.5?

I really appreciate the effort you're putting in on this to reach your goal - and it sounds like you have the means to try different setups much more easily than the rest of us! Hopefully we can find the maximums!
 Old 01-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #56

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

tru that....

id love to see a 18x10 on a ms6..
 Old 01-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #57

corbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,285 Times in 1,258 Posts
Groans: 336
Groaned at 121 Times in 71 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

go buy a vdub if your gonna be gettin staggered tires on a fwd. that shit is hideous
aaronc7 (01-31-2009), HoustonMS3 (06-15-2009)
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to corbs For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #58

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by corbs View Post
go buy a vdub if your gonna be gettin staggered tires on a fwd. that shit is hideous
every1 has their own opinion....
The Following User Says Thank You to :: Gusto :: For This Useful Post:
TurboDreams (04-06-2009)
 Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #59

corbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the worldcorbs is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,285 Times in 1,258 Posts
Groans: 336
Groaned at 121 Times in 71 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sorry didnt mean to come off so harsh 2 of my good friends have vdubs and one of em is goin for the "i wanna be so low that i cant even drive while he is driving 19x8 rims? idk that and the whole stretched tire look

but to each their own goodluck on findin a tire that works im curious myself
 Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #60

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i do love the a nicely done VW... i would pik one up.. if the damn things didnt break all the time.. + who the hell wants to do wheel bearings all the time... heh

but they do have some clean lines.. heh.. although i love my mazda...
 Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, 18x8.5 with +35offset. the 255s were TIGHT. I am running -1.6 front and -2.8 rear.
I am going to try 10inch with a 38offset and hope that gives enough room in the rear, but what I am fearing is that I am going to have to run a staggered offset front and back to achieve the look I want. So....10 in the front with 255 with a +35/37 and rear I have no clue yet....
 Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #62

Smokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the worldSmokehouse is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,708 Times in 98 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bmorrisj View Post
haha staggered wheels on fwd....
Damn...beat me to it...

I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here...
Smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smokehouse For This Useful Post:
HoustonMS3 (06-15-2009)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Smokehouse For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #63

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, 18x8.5 with +35offset. the 255s were TIGHT. I am running -1.6 front and -2.8 rear.
I am going to try 10inch with a 38offset and hope that gives enough room in the rear, but what I am fearing is that I am going to have to run a staggered offset front and back to achieve the look I want. So....10 in the front with 255 with a +35/37 and rear I have no clue yet....

please tell me u arent thinking of running a 18x10 in a reverse staggered set up... as in widest up front...

u should be able to fit the 18x10 all thaa way around.. but yoru deff going to have to run 2 diff offsets... thats just the way it has to be done...
 Old 02-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #64

Not Ranked  0 score     

No no no.....18x10 front and back. slightly diff offset on the rear, not width. Duh.
Also...got my promo from Bridgestone last friday. They are allowing me 4 sets of tire per year at 25% LESS than my COST from wholesale. Werd..... RE-01R.
 Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #65

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sounds good....

but ...

please post some pics...
pa pa pa pa please!!!
 Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Still no wheels...Snagged some 18x9.5 Blitz wheels, friends, just to test fit and check width...but no other 10s yet. Not alot of people with em just laying around..
 Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #67

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Cool

Originally Posted by meicalnissyen View Post
Thanks

whats w/ the noooooB's posting "thanks" & "great" ... that has nothing to do w/ the thread.... its like they are trying to get there post #'s up...

thats LAME....

===========

did u snap some pics of the 9.5 on yoru car...??

i gotta talk to some SUBEY owners... & see if any1 they know has a set of 10 or 11's i can try out... .. .heh
 Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #68

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

do we have any updates on this thread???
 Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #69

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have no pics to contribute yet, sorry.
 Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #70

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

...waiting for something... spun out in the snow earlier this week.. had my DSC off... got pulled over... & the cop gave me a ticket to have my tinted windows checked... since they are illegal... hah

oh well..

although i would love.. & can actually afford some 18x11 wheels... i think im going to try n save for a house... heh...

let me know what happens w/ the wide shoes...
 Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #71

Not Ranked  0 score     

Still nothing guys, sorry...I kept the 8.5's and am changing tires today, but no 10s yet. Still looking for a the right offset. 245s on 8.5 is giving me a nice tight shoulder, no more stretched look for the 6....till I get the 10's. I was gonna say F it, and order the 9.5s, but I don't want to hate them and have to sell another set of wheels and tires. I will just wait. I will get the pics up of the 245/40s on the 8.5s (35 offset).
 Old 03-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #72

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

tHanks for the heads up...

a buddy of mine works @ a custom car show down in jersey.. i gotta see if he has any set up sitting around. .. maybe i can test fit...

===========

hrmmm okay.. not goin to lie.. im looking @ some asanti wheels..... they look soo dope.. hehehe

Last edited by :: Gusto ::; 03-26-2009 at 09:45 PM.
:: Gusto :: is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #73

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so today i swapped my OEM wheels back on... took off my winter rollers-- & i decided to try on the stagg set up i had onthe 3 .. & also tried putting both 18x9" wheels on one side.. just to get a feel for the look....

.. take into consideration.. that the tire size was perfect for the 3.. but way way to small for the 6.. obviously... & yes i know my car needs a drop...

this is all 18x9 (f/r)

==
18x8/18x9 set up

====

so now im thinking maybe a 19x9 or 19x10 wheel... the 10" wide will deff fit in the rear...
 Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #74

wisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you want roll on those you need drop
wisniaPl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #75

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wisniaPl View Post
if you want roll on those you need drop

thanks for pointing out.. something i already noted...

heh

-----------

they need bigger tires 1st off.... the are 35 series...

+ i dont really like the way they look on the car...
 Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #76

sea6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those are 245/35's on both the 8" and 9"?

Damn, look at those lips. If they were on a woman...
sea6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #77

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

heh.. no 245 on the 9" :: 215 on the 8"
 Old 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #78

RhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,476 Times in 403 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want to go with 19x9.5 (maybe even a bit wider) on my MS6. Is there any way to make it work??? Gusto, Monstar, what offset do you think would be needed? I'd need them to work for daily driving most importantly. But I also want to have that set up and slam the car at shows with the coilovers.

P.S. - did anyone ever find out the offset to MPSGARAGE's 19x9's?
rhoadblock- the ms6 that will never run again

Last edited by RhoadBlock; 05-16-2009 at 11:00 AM.
RhoadBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #79

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

9.5 will deff fit in the rear... its goin to be hard to shove them in the front...

u live in FL.. so it should be easy for the 19s...

its been a while since ive done the measurements on the wheels.. but im thinkin u should be able to stick a 50-55mm in the rear w/ a 9.5-10 wide rim...

there is a series of calculations u can do .. to know exactly.. if u really want to know. i can post them for u.. then u will know the largest u can really go w/

although im going to boston for the weekend.. so ull have to give me alil bit to psot them...
============================

i should really try that staggered set up on my car.. now that i dropped it.. on mazdaspeed springs...

its hard to find NICE 18x10 that arent a fortune... esp.. if i want to get a motorcycle too.. heh
 Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #80

RhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the worldRhoadBlock is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,476 Times in 403 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tru, yeah those measurements would be cool. No rush man, it's gonna be a while before the wheels are actually purchased. How far would 9.5's or 10's stick out tho? I really don't wanna go past flush. After I saw inside the wheel well, idk if flush can be accomplished with 19x9.5's.
rhoadblock- the ms6 that will never run again
RhoadBlock is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f319/widest-shoes-18226/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda6 / Atenza > Looking to go 19x9.5 on my MS6... This thread Refback 06-23-2009 10:26 AM
Looking to go 19x9.5 on my MS6... - Mazda6 / Atenza This thread Refback 05-18-2009 03:26 PM