register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #1

Mooga47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Car won’t start

So I have a 2007 Speed 3. When I bought it the car had a random misfire. I changed the coil packs and properly gapped the plugs, new plugs ofcourse. Then there was only a misfire in cylinder 3. Before I changed the plugs and coil packs I noticed the misfire after that the car drove perfectly fine. Next thing I figured to check were the injectors. The injectors were first but they still worked. I tested them. The injector seals were really thin so I got cocksport injector seals. I’m this process I took out the battery, then I too of the intercooler piping for the FMIC. Took off the throttle body but kept it connect to coolant lines and put it to the side. Took off the intake manifold while unplugging all connections that were in the way. Too off the fuel rail and finally the injectors. When I put it back together I went in reverse order. Side note, on of my friends who insisted on helping kept playing with the throttle body opening and closing it. So after I put everything back together I noticed that there was a wire to the batter. A red thick wire. It was connected to the positive but I could tell because the wire was buried and wrapped around. I connected it to the negative and there was a spark. I later realized that it was the ground for the throttle body. Okay so everything is back together and I got to start the car it doesn’t start. Crank but no start. I look over everything, it’s all connected and the throttle body is making a humming noise. Now the car only stays on if I rev it but it then dies. Did I miss a ground or is the throttle body messed. Need help!!! Thanks guys
Mooga47 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #2

TaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud ofTaagMan has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Look for blown fuses while crossing your fingers.
TaagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #3

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I only have two wires going to my battery. A red (+) and a black (-).
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is online now   Reply With Quote