register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nighthawk358
  • 1 Post By retrobmx63
  • 1 Post By SilverDemon

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #1

trufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to beholdtrufanatic is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default General Aftermarket Gauge install wiring

Using add a circuits from pepboys, they're $2.50 a piece. Most run prosport gauges which match the factory cluster, so to get those properly going WITHOUT any cutting or splicing please use the following:

***UTILIZING YOUR CAR'S MANUAL*** locate the fuse box layout.
**fuse box is located behind your glove compartment**

(physical fuse) 'CIGAR' - will be used for the red wire located at the back of your gauge.

(physical fuse) 'IG SIG' - will be used for the white wire, used for white daytime illumination

(physical fuse) 'Tail L' - will be used for the amber wire, used for amber/red nightime illumination.

NOTES:

Best ground source and the only one that should be used is located in the driver's and passenger side kick panels.

In the add a circuit package, there is a fuse marked 'E'. This is a straight-thru fuse, use these on all your add a circuits in conjunction with the original fuse who's spot you plugging into.

With a small wire spool from radio shack, physical labor shouldnt take you anymore than an hour flat if not less. if it does

ENJOY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse2.jpg (85.3 KB, 1131 views)
trufanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trufanatic For This Useful Post:
breakfasteatre (05-31-2012), FastAttack (05-31-2008), Haltech (05-08-2008), JBR (05-09-2010), kingpin748 (07-25-2008), oneurt (07-30-2011), retrobmx63 (09-20-2008), Shive (07-17-2011)
 Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
skeeter149@hotmail.com
Lurkers

dont know if this was locked but those of us with turbo timers can also use the harness for ignition and constant, then i caught the dimmer for light. hope this helps people i read it on the dsm forum and it worked great for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
FastAttack (05-31-2008)
 Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
Miembro

nighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just installed my Prosport Electrical Boost Gauge and the Automatic headlight sensor stopped working and I dont know why..Its in auto and its at night and the headlights dont turn on. I used the Add a circuits and used Ig Sig for Orange and Red (did not use the white). Tomorrow Im going to check everything again and Im going to plug the Red in a Constant. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?
Darkstar_915 likes this.
nighthawk358 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
Miembro

nighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the worldnighthawk358 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fixed the problem...Stupid Fuse lol
 Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
NEC

subparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Not Ranked  0 score     

So just an FYI for anyone else who follows this install:

the CIGAR fuse is not a constant 12v... i.e. no power when battery unplugged, so if your gauges aren't keeping your peaks after you turn off the car, or are beeping at you everytime you turn the car off and on again, you need to switch to a constant 12V source.

What I did was use the fuse for the double locking system... its the same size as the CIGAR fuse so all I had to do was swap my add a circuit into another location.

If you look in your owners manual, on page 8-57 they have the fuse diagram, the one I used for constant 12v is #37 D/LOCK 2

If that doesn't work, try using the one for OBD.
2005 Corolla XRS: *sold*
subparpunk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 05:19 AM   #6

retrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the worldretrobmx63 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not great with electrical know-how. So here's a noob question.

The add-a-circuits say they're only good for circuits that are 10 amps max.

The Speed3 cigarette lighter fuse is rated at 15 amps.

Can you explain why this is ok?
LatinKraze likes this.

Hey, do my fingers smell like your mother?
retrobmx63 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
NEC

subparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the worldsubparpunk03 is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Not Ranked  0 score     

The ones I used were from autozone and they didn't have anything that said they were rated for only a certain amount.

I've been running these gauges setup like this for a while now and so far, no problems.
2005 Corolla XRS: *sold*
subparpunk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #8

wisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond reputewisniaPl has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

physical fuse) 'IG SIG" what fuse number is that i can find it in
wisniaPl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #9

CMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,902 Times in 94 Posts
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

has anyone installed a tach or shift light? I need to find the wires to tap into to get the signal. I know there is a genius in here somewhere that knows. Getting some new goodies this week in the mail and need guidance.

Making the world a safer place one Taliban at a time.

Arias 8.8:1 Pistons - Pauter rods - Balance Shaft Delete - ARP Head Studs - Street Unit Rear Motor Mount - TurboXS Hybrid BOV - TurboXS Downpipe - - TurboXS FMIC - CP-E CAI - Custom Built/ported and polished Turbo and Wastegate - CP-E Engine Management - Upgraded high pressure fuel pump - PG Turbo Exhaust manifold - PG Dash mount gauge pod - Cooling Mist Progressive Methanol Injection - Apexi TT - VEI gauges (oil pressure, boost ) - Dashhawk -LaminX Fog lights - H&R Sport Springs - Cobb Rear Sway Bar - Tenzo DC-s wrapped in Nitto InVo's - TWM short throw shifter and bushings
CMESCOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,963 Times in 8,173 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

if you look at some of the posted PDFs in the specs area, you can tap the tach signal from the ecu harness or off one coil's negative side, than switch your shiftlight/tach to 1 cylinder mode.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #11

CMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the worldCMESCOOT is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haltech for president!

Arias 8.8:1 Pistons - Pauter rods - Balance Shaft Delete - ARP Head Studs - Street Unit Rear Motor Mount - TurboXS Hybrid BOV - TurboXS Downpipe - - TurboXS FMIC - CP-E CAI - Custom Built/ported and polished Turbo and Wastegate - CP-E Engine Management - Upgraded high pressure fuel pump - PG Turbo Exhaust manifold - PG Dash mount gauge pod - Cooling Mist Progressive Methanol Injection - Apexi TT - VEI gauges (oil pressure, boost ) - Dashhawk -LaminX Fog lights - H&R Sport Springs - Cobb Rear Sway Bar - Tenzo DC-s wrapped in Nitto InVo's - TWM short throw shifter and bushings
 Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Next quiz for ya:
Where does the sender for an egt gauge need to be? I've searched for a "how to" for this as well with no luck.
NOTE: the winner gets....hell, all I've got to offer is a thanks and maybe some rep.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,734 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, I wish I had known about the "add a circuit's" before!

Those look sweet!
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #14

Blitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant futureBlitzkrieg has a brilliant future
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet, now i need to pic up some add a circuits.
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #15

bergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to allbergj1986 is a name known to all
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by subparpunk03 View Post
So just an FYI for anyone else who follows this install:

the CIGAR fuse is not a constant 12v... i.e. no power when battery unplugged, so if your gauges aren't keeping your peaks after you turn off the car, or are beeping at you everytime you turn the car off and on again, you need to switch to a constant 12V source.

What I did was use the fuse for the double locking system... its the same size as the CIGAR fuse so all I had to do was swap my add a circuit into another location.

If you look in your owners manual, on page 8-57 they have the fuse diagram, the one I used for constant 12v is #37 D/LOCK 2

If that doesn't work, try using the one for OBD.
If you have the power for the gauge tapped into a constant 12V source, won't the gauge stay on after you shut the car off? I ordered a Prosport Premium Boost Gauge w/ Peak function, that's why I'm asking.
bergj1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #16

SilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the worldSilverDemon is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,132 Times in 2,122 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have the ProSport Premium gauges as well. The 12v constant is just for the memory, peak and warning only. The switched ignition source is the one that will turn the gauges off and on.
adrager622 likes this.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely idiot proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot.
- Douglas Adams

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

READ THIS----
2nd Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
SilverDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #17

808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CMESCOOT View Post
Next quiz for ya:
Where does the sender for an egt gauge need to be? I've searched for a "how to" for this as well with no luck.
NOTE: the winner gets....hell, all I've got to offer is a thanks and maybe some rep.
Did you get your answer yet?

It really depends on if you're going to be using an aftermarket header (read: exhaust manifold) or the stock exhaust manifold. The EGT gauge probe should be drilled, tapped into your stock manifold. If you're buying an aftermarket header there should be one installed on it. If not you'll need to drill into the header and have a bung welded on the cylinder port you want to take your readings from.
808mazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #18

locorasta has a spectacular aura aboutlocorasta has a spectacular aura aboutlocorasta has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

Would this work with auto meter cobalt gauges??
locorasta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #19

flyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 36 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

should work with ANY 12vdc gauge !
The volts don't know or care about brand name.

OP Thanks for posting this - awsome.
 Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #20

locorasta has a spectacular aura aboutlocorasta has a spectacular aura aboutlocorasta has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the quick answer btw why is the air/fuel ratio gauge reading kind of lazy?? it might need more power source or more ground?
 Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,189 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by locorasta View Post
Thanks for the quick answer btw why is the air/fuel ratio gauge reading kind of lazy?? it might need more power source or more ground?
what do you mean by "reading kind of lazy"?
Sacrilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

It takes a long time to read from red to green and when it is "hot" or working normally it takes a couple of seconds get the reading when I press the gas sometimes it would not read anything at all if like the car is off and suddenly it works again
 Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #23

808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of808mazdaspeed3 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

the sensor needs to warm up.
 Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

i understand but after warming up, it reads funny i don't know if is the gauge or is the mixture that is different, because i had a SE-R before and I had the gauge installed and it used to ready different, can it be because it is different in someway? I want to have the gauges on right and they are making me angry every time I work with them and I don't want to do nothing stupid
 Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

which wire did you tap into?
 Old 03-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

I ended up running the wire to the fuse box in the front n they are working 100% now
 Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #27

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,040 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

haven't been to pep boys yet but napa and advance don't carry addafuse..autozone did but they had three different ones and i don't know the difference off the top of my head. anyways subbing to use this weekend for my boost, oil press., oil temp and egt gauges.
jax ms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #28

GTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the worldGTISPEED3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm having a problem with the wiring. I have all the wires connected to the fuse box with add a fuse and have them connected to where the OP says to connect them. This is a prosport boost gauge. When I have the key turned forward one click without starting the car the gauge will work like it should (white during day and amber with headlights turned on). Problem is when I start the car the gauge stays white whether the lights are on or not. Any ideas?
Suspension: CS Springs, Koni STR.T shocks and struts, Whiteline bumpsteer kit, TEIN Spring Silencers
Exterior: Yakima Roof Rack

2013 Gray Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited (Wife)
Traded in GTI for this
Mods: 10 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty

GTISPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #29

moonyu69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bergj1986 View Post
If you have the power for the gauge tapped into a constant 12V source, won't the gauge stay on after you shut the car off? I ordered a Prosport Premium Boost Gauge w/ Peak function, that's why I'm asking.
I need an answer for this also. I have tried the door locks, as well as the horn, but my gauge stays on even without a key in the ignition. I didn't use the tap a circut things. Could that be the problem?
moonyu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #30

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't wire the power (red?) and illumination (orange or white?) to the same 12v source. The gauge has to have enough constant power to retain the peak/warning settings otherwise they'll beep every time you start the car. So do the red to the constant 12v and the illumination to Ignition so it lights up when you start it.
 Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #31

G Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the worldG Sp33dy is the leader of the world
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great write up! thanks!
G Sp33dy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #32

Justin Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

d

Great write up

Last edited by Justin Johnson; 07-30-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Justin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #33

Meder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the worldMeder is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone have the layout of the fuse box for gen 1s? I lost my manual and need a reference.
Meder is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #34

07mspeed3red is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default boost gauge

anyone live near castle shannon n would want to install my boost gauge i tired it once cant seem to get the vacuum line through the fire wall willing to pay or even have a brand new aem wide band not using please let me know 412 477 7590 sean
07mspeed3red is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #35

zpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 798 Posts
Groans: 354
Groaned at 213 Times in 109 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 07mspeed3red View Post
anyone live near castle shannon n would want to install my boost gauge i tired it once cant seem to get the vacuum line through the fire wall willing to pay or even have a brand new aem wide band not using please let me know 412 477 7590 sean
Keep on tryin or drill a hole. You really want to pay someone to poke a wire through a hole?

2007 Mazdaspeed6 (SOLD) - COBB SRI ~ Gutted Stock Midpipe ~ HKS BPV ~ JBR RMM ~ AWR PMM ~ AWR TMM ~ Juggernaught Rear Diff Mount ~ Dreadnaught Rear Diff Mount ~ ACT Stage 2 Clutch ~ ITV22s ~ AP(self fucking tuned in a week fuckers) ~ Autotech Internals ~ eBay Downpipe ~ Poke Sub thingy
zpele is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #36

xchrislee is just really nicexchrislee is just really nicexchrislee is just really nicexchrislee is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you can pay someone to install your gauge, you can certainly donate
xchrislee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xchrislee For This Useful Post:
15driley15 (04-23-2013)
 Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #37

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,072 Times in 1,586 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

probably not a good idea to drop your phone number.... and xchrislee dont fucking ask someone to donate when you only have 11 posts. hes asking for help no reason to beg for money
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TWOptSL0W For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-25-2013)
 Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #38

Squid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant futureSquid has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Big-time necropost, but I could really use some help here..

Got a Prosport Premium Peak-gauge and have it hooked up like this with add-a-circuits:
12v red wire - D/LOCK 2-fuse
Amber wire - TAIL L-fuse
White wire - Unhooked atm, planning on using amber at both day/night.
Black wire at a good grounding spot in drivers kick panel.

My main problem here is: Gauge wont hold memory once I turn of the car, just as it does NOT have a constant power source. We even tried plugging it directly to the battery but it still wont hold peak/memory.

Am I missing something here or is it actually the gauge that is broken?
HKS SRI | JBR SSP Stage II + Heavy knob | 3" Corksport TBE | US-spec Tails | US-spec Spoiler | Turbosmart Dual-Port BPV | JBR RMM | CP-e Gaugepod | ProSport Premium/Peak Boostgauge | RallyArmour Mudflaps | CP-e Towplate | Autotech FP-internals | JBR RSB | NGK Iridium IX-plugs

Will be buying:
Versatuner + -tune
Future plans:
BT-build | Coilovers

Last edited by Squid; 04-04-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Big-time necropost, but I could really use some help here..

Got a Prosport Premium Peak-gauge and have it hooked up like this with add-a-circuits:
12v red wire - D/LOCK 2-fuse
Amber wire - TAIL L-fuse
White wire - Unhooked atm, planning on using amber at both day/night.
Black wire at a good grounding spot in drivers kick panel.

My main problem here is: Gauge wont hold memory once I turn of the car, just as it does NOT have a constant power source. We even tried plugging it directly to the battery but it still wont hold peak/memory.

Am I missing something here or is it actually the gauge that is broken?
I ran my 12V to the front fuse box with addafuse and the amber cable ran it to the glove compartment light and tapped the cable there. Don't know if that would help but mine are connected like that and they work 100%. Hope you get your gauge to work soon, good luck brother.