register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree15Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-30-2014, 06:53 AM   #41

CaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainCode has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just wanted to share what you will have to do if you fuck up and break a bolt like I did lol.
Took me 10 hours to remove the subframe, extract the bolt and re-assemble everything. My alignment is not off as far as I can tell. Luckily I had a fellow speed owner who let me use his shop and helped out as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0172.jpg (2.48 MB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0190.jpg (2.30 MB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0198.jpg (1.43 MB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0200.jpg (1.78 MB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0201.jpg (2.02 MB, 95 views)
jack_hammer (11-30-2014)
 Old 11-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #42

azarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Moral of the story, don't do that.

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT - Cobb SRI, HKS BOV, Cobb AP V2, Sure RMM, EBC Front Rotors, Hawk HPS, ROCA PMM, Yokohama YK580, SenSen Rear shocks

Planned: Cobb TIP, Autotech HPFP, MattD RMM, Koni Street Shocks/struts
azarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #43

Atticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the worldAtticaz is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tried like hell to do this this last weekend. The tools I had just wouldn't let me. So I use the Corksport instructions on installing a new swaybar to lower the subframe. Was a piece of cake... Except for trying to raise that damn thing back up and get the bolts lined up... especially by myself. But I did it, with the help of 2 jacks. Now my steering wheel is off a bit to the right. I measured the spacing of my tires' position in the wheel well on both sides and it appears I need to loosen the subframe and shift/rotate it clockwise a tad bit? Good times.
 Old 01-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #44

BenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud ofBenWhitney has much to be proud of
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damnit! I wish I had seen this a month ago before sending my car to the shop for bushings. I've been trying to play around with performing the maintenance on my car myself and this would have been a good one.
BenWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #45

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its a pain in the ass job for sure. You can get them off with a 3/8th air ratchet after you've broken them loose of course. Although I recognize most guys don't have air tools.

Subframes are often that way when youre working on your back...easy to take down, a pain in the ass to get up.
Atticaz likes this.
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #46

davros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll just leave this here ............

Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #47

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by davros View Post

Shiny.
davros likes this.
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex2007 For This Useful Post:
davros (03-26-2015)
 Old 03-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #48

sclark0610 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Small hands are the best thing to have when doing this. Takes a bit of time figuring out the angles to come in from, but only took around an hour and a half. Wobble head ratchet is the only thing I used besides PB blaster.
sclark0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2015, 04:43 AM   #49

davros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the worlddavros is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't need any pb which I was nicely surprised at

Plus look at how shitty the stockers are ......

Last edited by davros; 03-29-2015 at 05:32 AM.
davros is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #50

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,252 Times in 3,181 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At least they used a thick bracket. Your new one looks like they made it with a paperclip.
Atticaz and davros like this.
Nliiitend1 (03-29-2015), roguemazda (12-30-2015)
 Old 03-29-2015, 08:23 AM   #51

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,628 Times in 3,120 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not to mention, the "rubber" used for the OEM bushings is about as stiff as all of the PU aftermarket options.

My originals lasted ~60K+ miles without problems, so I used new OEMs when I did this (despite the fact that I had "collected" every other available option over the years before I actually replaced them).

TL;DR - I know a few folks whose PU aftermarket bushings failed in less time/mileage than OEMs typically last, so I used OEM.
rfinkle2 likes this.

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
dinoxor (12-29-2015)
 Old 04-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #52

chrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nice
Neutral  +1 score     

I plan on doing this job shortly. I just purchased an 08 and it needs some suspension refreshing to fix clunks. This thread was super informative, I will have to post back after I see how it goes. In case anyone is in here looking the part numbers the oem front bushings are B37F34156B
chrisbmx68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisbmx68 For This Useful Post:
Murcielago311 (04-10-2015), rfinkle2 (04-13-2015)
 Old 12-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #53

MortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 14
Not Ranked  0 score     

Currently in the middle of this. Small hands definitely. Can't seem to get full power on the bolts so that I can break torque, Spent the last three days soaking them in PB Blaster, Gonna pick up a longer wrench or a Bent 3/8" with a swivel head and see if I can get better cranking power on the bolts.

Alright, Updating this post for people who are having trouble getting it off. Due to improper bushings. I had to tear the system down again.

I used the following tools.

Medium 3/8's socket wrench with a regular 14mm socket.
Harbor Freight 3/8's 17 inch breaker bar.

For those of you wondering how I got that breaker in there, it's important to note that my car has zero rust and never spent a winter in a rust area. I soaked the bolts every night for about 3 days (upon inspection of the bolts... this seemed to do jack shit) while I was working on the rest of my suspension. I managed to get the breaker bar, with a medium socket, from and East/West direction. The handle sat right below the stock downpipe right in front of the exhaust hangers and it gave me just enough room and leverage to crack the bolts loose. I then used my smaller socket wrench to finish up the job.

be very careful with this method as there are metal lines, fuel and otherwise very close to the swinging track of the breaker bar. I braced the bar with my fingers/hands in such a way where I used hand leverage to get the bolts loose. once I cracked it a little, I followed the rest of the instructions on this front page to get the job done. YMMV if you have rust. I did mine with 80k miles on the car, and leverage is absolutely important, even if you can get just a little bit.

Last edited by MortalMechanica; 12-21-2015 at 05:17 PM.
MortalMechanica is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #54

lreyes66 is a jewel in the roughlreyes66 is a jewel in the roughlreyes66 is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 14 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Was quoted $160 (lowest after haggling) which was still too much espeically when the bushings only cost like $15. Gonna attempt the install. Wish i had a garage so i could jack the car up and let the bolts soak in liquid wrench just in case... living in a townhome community, some jackass neighbor would prob complain to management if i left my car on jacks over night. I will atempt this during the holiday break. Wish i could do it now just cause im tired of the clunk ... was hoping replacing the endlinks would do the trip but nope...

I have flexible racheting wrenches but they may not be enough to get to the bolts and having enough leverage to loosen the bolts im assuming (not sure if linking wrenches works for racheting wrenches). May have to pick up a few of the tools mentioned on here even if may not be needed and return whatever i dont end up using. Would a U-Join flexible socket adapter not help in the tight situations?

Originally Posted by davros View Post

Can someone explain how this would help?

I have a 3/8 flexible head ratchet that i pretty much use as a breaker bar. Like this:

Not sure if the curve/angle from the quoted picture helped alot with getting to the bushing bracket but if it does, compared to what i have, then i may just pick the up.. could always return it lol.

Last edited by lreyes66; 12-22-2015 at 12:51 PM.
lreyes66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #55

MortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond reputeMortalMechanica has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 14
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lreyes66 View Post
Was quoted $160 (lowest after haggling) which was still too much espeically when the bushings only cost like $15. Gonna attempt the install. Wish i had a garage so i could jack the car up and let the bolts soak in liquid wrench just in case... living in a townhome community, some jackass neighbor would prob complain to management if i left my car on jacks over night. I will atempt this during the holiday break. Wish i could do it now just cause im tired of the clunk ... was hoping replacing the endlinks would do the trip but nope...

I have flexible racheting wrenches but they may not be enough to get to the bolts and having enough leverage to loosen the bolts im assuming (not sure if linking wrenches works for racheting wrenches). May have to pick up a few of the tools mentioned on here even if may not be needed and return whatever i dont end up using. Would a U-Join flexible socket adapter not help in the tight situations?

Can someone explain how this would help?

I have a 3/8 flexible head ratchet that i pretty much use as a breaker bar. Like this:

Not sure if the curve/angle from the quoted picture helped alot with getting to the bushing bracket but if it does, compared to what i have, then i may just pick the up.. could always return it lol.
Here's a video of how I set the breaker bar for my final torque. not the most ideal angle, and it's hard to get a torque wrench up there so you're going to have to guess and check. I guessed based on the amount of breaking torque the bolts required and tried to get a good feel for how tight they needed to be, tiny bit of thread tight and I'm satisfied

lreyes66 likes this.

Last edited by MortalMechanica; 12-23-2015 at 06:06 PM.
MortalMechanica is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #56

lreyes66 is a jewel in the roughlreyes66 is a jewel in the roughlreyes66 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. Gives me a good idea on where n how to angle my breaker bar. Plan on using blue loctite just in case I dont torque it correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
 Old 12-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #57
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,482 Times in 1,739 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My solution was to let my local shop do it for $75 in labor.

I am getting too old for PITA work like this...
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cld12pk2go For This Useful Post:
lreyes66 (12-24-2015), MortalMechanica (12-24-2015)
 Old 12-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #58

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,252 Times in 3,181 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post

monkey.bones.007 likes this.
cld12pk2go (12-30-2015)
 Old 12-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #59

azarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post

Dont blame you, as one of the local Nator guys said to me after helping me with mine;

"If I have to do this on my car, im selling it"

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT - Cobb SRI, HKS BOV, Cobb AP V2, Sure RMM, EBC Front Rotors, Hawk HPS, ROCA PMM, Yokohama YK580, SenSen Rear shocks

Planned: Cobb TIP, Autotech HPFP, MattD RMM, Koni Street Shocks/struts
azarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azarashi For This Useful Post:
cld12pk2go (12-30-2015)
 Old 12-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Knocked it out today. Took 2 1/2 hours and didnt need pb blaster to loosen the bolts. Indeed was a PITA and for the time spent, wish it added HP lol... but oh lawd 1/2 mercy... the knock and clunk is finally gone!!!

All i really needed was the flexible breakbar/rachet i posted above and a flexible 14mm racheting wrench.
MortalMechanica likes this.
 Old 06-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #61

furinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nice
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I want to do this repair as well but I already have the endlinks off, control arms off, and the struts out. Would it be worth it to drop the subframe still or should I have enough room to do this? I have the necessary tools but am wondering if it is worth the extra effort for the subframe. How much effort is it to take off at this point?
 Old 06-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #62

chrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nicechrisbmx68 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

you should have plenty of room to do it without dropping the subframe IMO. I had the best luck with the car up on ramps in the rear, jack stands in the front and centering my body under the downpipe and working around that. I didn't really think it was all that difficult actually maybe I just got lucky.
chrisbmx68 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #63

furinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nicefurinax is just really nice
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was able to do this easily with the control arms out. I had plenty of space but had to use the closed end of my wrenches with a breaker bar. It helps of the wrench is angled or if you have a flex head. Ironically the 4 sway bar bushings and brackets I bought were 1.25" ones which don't fit the stock sway bar. I just greased up the old ones and put them back on.
 Old 08-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #64

Sierra248 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reviving an old thread I realize. If I’m doing struts and springs. Can I do everything from the side to avoid all these headaches or does it need to be done from under the car?
Thanks in Advance for any info, sorry o revive such an old thread.

Reviving an old thread I realize. If I’m doing struts and springs. Can I do everything from the side to avoid all these headaches or does it need to be done from under the car?

Last edited by Sierra248; 08-09-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Sierra248 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #65

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,742 Times in 913 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sierra248 View Post

What do you mean by "everything"? This thread is about replacing sway bar bushings without having to remove the subframe. That is all. But, I'll try to help.

To do the sway bar bushings you must have the car up on a lift or jackstands and must get under the engine and transaxle. You will have your feet pointing out of the middle of the front of the car, lying flat on your back, facing upward looking at the two sway bar brackets and the bushings in each. If you are doing the struts, you may be able to reach in and access the sway bar bracket bolts and bushings from the side, but I've never tried to do them at the same time,

Now, if your "everything" also includes doing struts and shocks and end links, there are different threads here about that. You might want to read them before proceeding.

All of this requires that the car be up on a lift or on jack stands. The suspension must be allowed to completely droop.

The front struts can be replaced without getting under the car, as far as I recall, but obviously the wheel must come off. Do you have the correct tools? You need a spring compressor. It is helpful to also have an impact wrench for the big cross bolt that holds the bottom of the strut in place, as it is likely to be very tight, and some sort of pinch bar to spread the yoke to release the bottom of the strut. I used a reversed bolt to press it open. You need to read the threads.

I found it is good to have a separate jack to lift and lower the lower control arm that the struts connects to position things properly. A small bottle jack works fine for this. It is a good time to replace the front end links, as you have to undo each of them to do the strut removal and replacement.

Rear shocks can be done without compressing and removing the springs. You will have to get under the car for that. Same with the rear end links. Under the car.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.

Last edited by MSMS3; 08-09-2018 at 02:20 PM.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
Sierra248 (08-09-2018)
 Old 08-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #66

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sierra248 View Post

It is possible but headaches abound. Since the vehicle is up on stands, it is not that much extra work (unless you're all rusted out) to get under there and pull the 2nd cat. All it takes is the mid-brace's eight 10mm bolts and four 12mm exhaust bolts to get to the sway bushings.
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattyhawk1 For This Useful Post:
Sierra248 (08-09-2018)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f33/how-front-sway-bar-bushing-replacement-w-140109/
Posted By For Type Date
Considering upgrading to a 3 MPS (Speed) from a 2.0 sport. What are they like to live with? : mazda This thread Refback 01-31-2015 05:13 PM