register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree14Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #161

DevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
The stock MAP sensor cannot see and report boost above 22.5 psi. If boost exceeds that, it just keeps reading 22.5. Its a hardware problem.
Ummm.... they are trying to get it to work with a 3 bar. Did you somehow only read that one post? When you think you are somehow smarter than everyone else, realize you are probably wrong
aackthpt likes this.
 Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #162

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,780 Times in 941 Posts
Groans: 126
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DevinTheDood View Post
Ummm.... they are trying to get it to work with a 3 bar. Did you somehow only read that one post? When you think you are somehow smarter than everyone else, realize you are probably wrong
No. I've been following the whole thread. You might want to read all if it. "They" are not just 3 bar setups. "They" include stock sensors in this thread. There is far more in this thread regarding use of Torque than the last several posts. When you see blue colored username guys talking 22.3 max on Torque it is because the software assumed use of the stock sensor and designed the PID accordingly.

If you had read the entire thread you would know that most people using Torque and wanting a guide have stock sensors. Perhaps read more and keep your opinions about the smartness of others to yourself. Many people who feel compelled to criticize the smartness of others may be deficient themselves.

Being an asshole is ok here. Being a smug one is not.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.

Last edited by MSMS3; 08-29-2015 at 09:54 PM.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #163

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,519 Times in 1,761 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, the ones complaining are all on upgraded MAP sensors. Of course the stock sensor only reads to 22.3 psi, so this issue doesn't even apply to them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #164

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
No, the ones complaining are all on upgraded MAP sensors. Of course the stock sensor only reads to 22.3 psi, so this issue doesn't even apply to them.

Thank you. I've been following the thread from the start. I'm running a more robust datalogging software called ScanPro XL with Mazda PIDs. It might be interesting to see if it has the same 22.3 psi limit if the MAP sensor is changed. I don't know.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (08-29-2015), DevinTheDood (08-31-2015)
 Old 08-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #165

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's very strange. The boost appears to display correctly; it's not scaled. It just stops at 22.3. Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
 Old 08-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #166

DevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the worldDevinTheDood is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
Thank you. I've been following the thread from the start. I'm running a more robust datalogging software called ScanPro XL with Mazda PIDs. It might be interesting to see if it has the same 22.3 psi limit if the MAP sensor is changed. I don't know.
No need for butthurt - give these guys a little credit though. Trust me we'd all be stoked if you strolled in here and solved everyone's problems with a simple answer like "stock map sensor, guys!"
 Old 08-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #167

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's very strange. The boost appears to display correctly; it's not scaled. It just stops at 22.3. Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

The car is build metric and converted to PSI. That value is also converted from absolute pressure (boost+atmospheric pressure) Reason why yours may be topped few tenth below or above someone else.

with a 8 bit binary number the largest possible entry is 255. (2exp8-1 start at 0) Curiously 255 = about 37.xxpsi of absolute pressure...37.xx-14.xx=22.xx

So this is like measuring something with 99 centimeter ruler and having a display of 2 digit only. after 99 it will stop reading but remain accurate below. Even if you convert it to 0-38.xx inchs, it wont go above to 99inchs because you max out with CM first....

I don't know how COBB figured it out back in time when they run into the issue before adding the feature of the sensor equation? For sure, they intercepted the data before the PSI conversion because it remain accurate with both device.

Maybe it is just a matter of reading the next 8bits and both combined to a 16bits number, make enough range (Like with my exemple above: adding a second pair of digits) ...Since CAN is a worldwide standard maybe they kept some room for higher numbers...The one Torque is catching now may be just the Less significant byte but i really don't know, it is just some thoughs...
This is why we need the help of someone with access to decoding device. It would be very easy for him to check the next data value and if it remain to 0 until the sensor voltage rise above 255kpa and switch to 1 decimal or the first bit change, it would just have to find a way to combine both entry maybe by a math calcul.

Or if we can dig into a PID value of the map voltage before conversion to Kpa showing voltage, we would just need to compute the same euqation as we used for the Cobb.

I doubt other software can read more than 22.x because of the same reasons. Unless they give access to MAP voltage. I tested Forscan and no luck...

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-31-2015, 12:59 PM   #168

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DevinTheDood View Post
No need for butthurt - give these guys a little credit though. Trust me we'd all be stoked if you strolled in here and solved everyone's problems with a simple answer like "stock map sensor, guys!"
Not butthurt and it is not everyone's problem, only the ones on the last couple pages of a very long 14 page or so thread. But, given your particular issue, not common to most of us, I have offered a possible solution -- a different kind of monitoring and logging software besides Torque.

I'm not strolling anywhere. If something other than Torque, such as Scan XL Pro with Mazda PID's, might solve your particular problem, perhaps you might investigate this offer of possible help, or you can struggle along on your own with no answer and continue to attack people offering help, even if they might initially not understand that you have a 3 bar MAP sensor. Have a great day.
 Old 08-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #169

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@MSMS3 If you have scan xl would yhou like to try it ?

I bet you still have a 2.5bars sensor but it doesn't matter. You could just load a test map with the AP simulating a pressure equation to read above 25 psi when sensor see 0 psi (Large ofset)
Then without starting the car, just read boost with scan xl and the key on, it should show that value... (starting the car would run a bit curious...) you then would need to load back your actual map after the test.
I could re-check how that equation work and give test numbers that would work as described?

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 08-31-2015, 04:13 PM   #170

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. I'd love to, but I'm not running AP. I can contact Palmer Performance Engineering, the company that developed the software and ask them, though, and see what they say as to whether it can log the higher voltage and report it as psi. I know that it can also log in volts, but do not know where the limit is.
 Old 09-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #171

Ozynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am having a problem with using Torque on my CX7 turbo auto.

When I first plug the OBD bluetooth in and connect to my Android device everything works fine.

However after I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on it seems like my OBD bluetooth is crashing the cars comms.

I did this twice today and got the following fault codes.

U0072 Vehicle Communication Bus E (-) shorted to Bus E (+)
U0101 Lost Communication with TCM (Transmission Control Module)
U0121 Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module
U0100 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A" (grey code)

the first time and

U0072 Vehicle Communication Bus E (-) shorted to Bus E (+)
U0101 Lost Communication with TCM (Transmission Control Module)
U0155 Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module (grey code)

the second time.

Other symptoms include all my instrument warning lights coming on, the car not knowing what gear it is in if I drive it, clunky shifts from neutral to in gear.

This is happening everytime which means the only way I can use the Torque app is to unplug my OBD Bluetooth after every drive and plug it in again after I restart the car.

I have used two different OBD Bluetooth devices, I am currently using an OBDLink LX.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Is it normal to have unplug the OBD every time you drive?
2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD | Forged Build | Mahle Pistons | Molnar Rods | APR studs | Corksport Turbo @25psi | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CS HPFP | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI | CS OCC | CX9 20x7.5's | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Lowered 40mm | VersaTuned by Stratified
Ozynigma is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-04-2015, 03:37 AM   #172

Not Ranked  0 score     

I always unplug it anyway. Why would you leave it plugged in?

SnailTune in progress
 Old 09-04-2015, 03:42 AM   #173

Ozynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the worldOzynigma is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I always unplug it anyway. Why would you leave it plugged in?

The original plan was to use the Torque App to display extra "gauges" for daily driving.

So I wanted to make it as simple as possible to start the car up and have the Android tablet and Torque App come on.

Since then I got a Cooling Mist WMI with a boost gauge so that is one more thing covered.
2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD | Forged Build | Mahle Pistons | Molnar Rods | APR studs | Corksport Turbo @25psi | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CS HPFP | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI | CS OCC | CX9 20x7.5's | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Lowered 40mm | VersaTuned by Stratified
 Old 09-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #174

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well it sounds like you can't do that. Not sure why not though.

SnailTune in progress
The Following User Says Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
Ozynigma (09-04-2015)
 Old 09-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #175

jdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,653 Times in 804 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Which Bluetooth device are you using? I just ordered an OBDLink LX, it is suppose to support auto shutoff and be able to stay plugged in. I guess we will see.

If torque can fulfill my basic daily monitoring I will go ahead and swap to VersaTune. Speaking of which Finkle had mentioned in the VersaTune thread that for boost readings with a 3bar you just custom set a PID.

I'm having early morning brain farts, someone tag him as he may be able to shed some light.

HTA 3076 | HTP 4" Intake, battery tray, under mount piping | CPE Exhaust Manifold, downpipe, FMIC & Stage 2 RMM | MD TMM and PMM | Tial MV-R ewg w/ Kozmic dump tube | VCTS delete/Ported IM | JBR OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/ oil pan baffle & RSB | SP63 Oil Cap Breather | Synapse SB BPV | UR CBE | Autotech HPFP | H & R Coilovers | Whiteline Endlinks | Manley Pistons & Rods | L19 Head Studs | Kozmic 6th Port w/ DW65c ITFP | Snow Performance Stg 2 Meth | JMF Manifold | SouthBend Stg 3 Endurance Clutch | Tuned with
jdmage_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmage_mx5 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-04-2015)
 Old 09-04-2015, 05:21 AM   #176

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jdmage_mx5 View Post
Which Bluetooth device are you using? I just ordered an OBDLink LX, it is suppose to support auto shutoff and be able to stay plugged in. I guess we will see.

I now have an OBDLink LX. I had a Kiwi one but thought it might be the problem so I sold it and bought the LX.

Being a CX7 I use VersaTune for tuning and I was hoping Torque would be a useful monitoring tool.
 Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #177

jdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,653 Times in 804 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll update this thread after this weekend, my Bluetooth adapter comes in today. I wonder if it's the auto transmission that's causing the issue?

I got this adapter because a lot of people were recommending it but this is the first time I have heard of anyone having issues.

HTA 3076 | HTP 4" Intake, battery tray, under mount piping | CPE Exhaust Manifold, downpipe, FMIC & Stage 2 RMM | MD TMM and PMM | Tial MV-R ewg w/ Kozmic dump tube | VCTS delete/Ported IM | JBR OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/ oil pan baffle & RSB | SP63 Oil Cap Breather | Synapse SB BPV | UR CBE | Autotech HPFP | H & R Coilovers | Whiteline Endlinks | Manley Pistons & Rods | L19 Head Studs | Kozmic 6th Port w/ DW65c ITFP | Snow Performance Stg 2 Meth | JMF Manifold | SouthBend Stg 3 Endurance Clutch | Tuned with
jdmage_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-04-2015, 05:56 AM   #178

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's the one I have too. Works well, no issues.

SnailTune in progress
 Old 09-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #179

Not Ranked  0 score     

got ecm to other ecm communication issues with wife 2010 cx7 when a cheap dongle was pluged. It was about the stability control and it happened again without the dongle plugued so i ended up thinking it wasn't that... I had to unplug batterie to get rid of it and reset the stering clock spring reading as per the owner manual ...

I bought a LX also, work well but not 4x faster than elm327. I forget it plugued in the cx7 but without the cell phone linked and after 1 month, no complaint from the wife about any CEL...

And i never had any communication cell either with 2006 GS or the 2007 speed using cheap dongle....But CX7 GT has probably 2x more ecm modules than the speed so 2x more troubles

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 09-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #180

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use the OBDLink MX, because black, because I leave it plugged in all the time. That was one of the points of getting the OBDLink is that it has idle power-down and therefore won't drain the battery to nothing. Usually it works leaving it plugged in; sometimes I have BT connection problems but it's never caused any CELs or codes or problems with the car that I know of.

I do same as you, Torque for the regular/daily monitoring, but I use a cell phone clamp that goes to the CD slot and just dock it and start Torque almost every time I drive.
 Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #181

dolbouck7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can't seem to get the rail pressure to give me a real time information gauge. I however can see it under Raw data information gauge. Any Ideas to get it by itself?
dolbouck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #182

thrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

IIRC the raw data pressure is actually the rail pressure and the rail pressure doesn't work.
thrisnospork is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #183

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thrisnospork View Post
... the rail pressure doesn't work.
Are you saying that the pressure is not accurate in the raw information gauge?

If so bummer.
 Old 03-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #184

thrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dolbouck7 View Post
Are you saying that the pressure is not accurate in the raw information gauge?

If so bummer.
I'm going off memory so I could be wrong, now that I think about it I think it's the opposite. The rail pressure data displayed is the raw info and the raw info is inaccurate like you said.

Make sure you have the mazdaspeed torque add-ons installed too because I think you need them for fuel pressure to work.
dolbouck7 likes this.
thrisnospork is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #185

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thrisnospork View Post
I'm going off memory so I could be wrong, now that I think about it I think it's the opposite. The rail pressure data displayed is the raw info and the raw info is inaccurate like you said.

Make sure you have the mazdaspeed torque add-ons installed too because I think you need them for fuel pressure to work.
Found a plugging for torque call Racing meter that shows me the rail fuel pressure.
Now I just need to investigate how accurate it actually is. I did download and installed the Mazda PIDs.

Thanks for the help guys. Great info.
 Old 03-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #186

Not Ranked  0 score     

you also need to activate the mazda pids in the torque app, read this thread from the beginning, you will learn how.
dolbouck7 likes this.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 03-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #187

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
you also need to activate the mazda pids in the torque app, read this thread from the beginning, you will learn how.
Ok. I figured out what the issue was. Under my Vehicle Profile I had checked:

"Use Separate Dashboard layout"

once Unchecked I could select what type of display and info to show.
 Old 09-07-2016, 08:17 AM   #188

Jtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any update on how to configure a custom PID to read boost pressure above 22psi?
| Black Powdercoated Stockers | Built Motor |
| Mahle 88mm Pistons | Manley H-Beam Rods |
Jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #189

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jtaylor View Post
Any update on how to configure a custom PID to read boost pressure above 22psi?
Have you tried changing the boost calculation method?

From the main screen go into "Settings", then "OBD2 Adapter Settings", and then select "Boost Calculation Method".

You'll have three options: "MAP", "MAF", and "ALT"

MAP is the default, MAF is recommended if you're not seeing full boost pressure.

Make sure "Faster Communication" is checked.

Also make sure your vehicle profile info is accurate. Engine displacement and fuel type are particularly important...
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #190

Goldyau is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi guys,
I've bought Torque app and also addon for Mazda to log data from my Mazda 6 MPS using OBDlink MX. (I need KR mainly)
Torque itself and it's PIDs is working fine, but when I add addon's PIDs and as soon as I want to choose them for dashboard, errors from MX adapter will start to rise (adapter's icon will get yellow and red afterwards). Also I am getting info: Data corruption detected - disabling full rate (fast) mode and no specific PID is green = getting signal/data.

I tried setting the app as it is in the first post here, but it did not help and I did not find any post about this problem here or elsewhere.

I already wrote email to author of addon, but he did not reply.
Anyone has an idea what could be the problem?

Update:
ok, so after two updates of Torque, PIDs are green now and without errors from adapter. But KR is 0 all the time... So I guess no knock is there.

Last edited by Goldyau; 11-07-2016 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Update
Goldyau is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #191

ajw85 will become famous soon enoughajw85 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

What PID/s rate for logging are you getting out of the OBDLink MX? I have a made in China special from a decade ago and I get 5/s meaning I get a log entry like every 4 seconds with all the PIDs I'm looking at.
ajw85 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #192

Not Ranked  0 score     

my mx isn't reading a lot faster, i never used it to log but just as a live display but according to the menu telling speed with my 3 chineese dongle i get between 10 to 18 pids#sec and my MX is just above at 25...But the mx connect right away everytime without any issue. The others, give headache especially after connecting the AP...Sometimes i have to delete and reconnect them few times and open close torque to finally get online...

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 01-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #193

Goldyau is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am getting up to 32 PID/s with my MX depending on the phone...still, I did not try it with notebook. It is pretty slow for some logging, but for few PIDs it is enough.
But even with MX I got few times MIL (problem with communication of ABS or some other system) and last time it just wont connect to the car for some time.
I'm thinking about some cable obd adapter....
Goldyau is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #194

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im getting a voltage of 13.3 volts on Torq APP with car running but when I measure with voltmeter, I get 14.2. Could the discrepancy be due to the BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader/Scanner?
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #195

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex2007 View Post
Im getting a voltage of 13.3 volts on Torq APP with car running but when I measure with voltmeter, I get 14.2. Could the discrepancy be due to the BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader/Scanner?
NO. ECU reads voltage then you read the data from it like a text message. If you see 13.2, your ecu read 13.2. But ecu voltage isn't exactly the same as battery voltage, there could be some lost and it also depend on which condition you check it also. Not to mention meter error marging etc...

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 01-14-2019, 08:24 AM   #196

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

NO. ECU reads voltage then you read the data from it like a text message. If you see 13.2, your ecu read 13.2. But ecu voltage isn't exactly the same as battery voltage, there could be some lost and it also depend on which condition you check it also. Not to mention meter error marging etc...

I was idling with all lights off, no radio. The battery alternator tester at Advance Auto read 14.2 volts with perfect battery condition.

I dont see why the ECU would read something different.
 Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #197

Not Ranked  0 score     

mine do the same. And if i recall correctly, you have some other voltage reading available with discrepancies between each other.

I don't know if it is connectors, grounds, fuses loss or a protective diode into the ecu that make it, but there is a difference there.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 01-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #198

Not Ranked  0 score     

mine do the same. And if i recall correctly, you have some other voltage reading available with discrepancies between each other.

I don't know if it is connectors, grounds, fuses loss or a protective diode into the ecu that make it, but there is a difference there.
Im using the free Torq app. Perhaps the full version offers more voltage options?
 Old 01-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #199

Not Ranked  0 score     

i have voltage of: Control module or OBD adapter, my base layout was made with the control module and that voltage seem always lower...

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 01-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #200

Not Ranked  0 score     

i have voltage of: Control module or OBD adapter, my base layout was made with the control module and that voltage seem always lower...
Jeff,

What do you mean by "base layout"? Does the full version of TORQ give you various voltage-source reading options?