register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xxblinddzxx
  • 1 Post By Vansquish
  • 1 Post By Vansquish

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #1

Xxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 26 Times in 11 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need help KOEO

Hi guys,

I'm currently having some fueling issue and saw alot of replies in threads that says to do the KOEO test ... anyone can tell how to do it exactly?

Are those instruction ok ?

Warm the car up.
Then shut the car off while monitoring HPFP pressure.
Turn the key to the on position(car is still off) since the AP doesn't get data when key is in ACC position.
If fuel pressure builds slowly rail/relief valve is good.
If all you see is ~60psi (in tank pump pressure) rail valve is bad.
You will not see 60 psi immediately -- the fuel pressure will not build up but instead it will fall steadily to ~60 psi

Thanks !
Bryce99 likes this.

Last edited by Xxblinddzxx; 08-01-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Xxblinddzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #2

danb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud of
Groans: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

turn your key to the on position but dont start the car and watch your fuel pressure, on your AP. It should keep rising
2007 speed3 GT. cobb rmm, JbR pmm, Corksport adjustable shifter, twm solid shifter bushings, Sure shift knob, AP3, Autotech, CS turbo, CS occ, HTP 3.5, Depo catless dp, TS Kompact bpv, CS 3port, cpe BlockD, GA V3, DO DVC-30, Cx racing piping, tr1035.. Freektuned

2011 mazda 6
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #3

Xxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud ofXxblinddzxx has much to be proud of
Groaned at 26 Times in 11 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need help KOEO

Does the car need to be warmed up?

When I checked the fuel pressure this morning it was stuck arround 48-51 psi

Xxblinddzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #4

danb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud ofdanb has much to be proud of
Groans: 12
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes, i think it should be warmed up. and it should go up and keep rising. could be the pressure relief valve if it doesnt

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl...KOEO&gsc.sort=

mazdaspeed forums google results of "KOEO"

save the search for further needz...
2007 speed3 GT. cobb rmm, JbR pmm, Corksport adjustable shifter, twm solid shifter bushings, Sure shift knob, AP3, Autotech, CS turbo, CS occ, HTP 3.5, Depo catless dp, TS Kompact bpv, CS 3port, cpe BlockD, GA V3, DO DVC-30, Cx racing piping, tr1035.. Freektuned

2011 mazda 6
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2019, 05:03 AM   #5

Erayners will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default KOEO

Hi there. I read up on how to text below. When putting ignition to the on position, when HPFP reading, when it rises, till what psi should it rise to when you have Autotech internals?
Erayners is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #6
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,967 Times in 2,773 Posts
Groans: 1,898
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Erayners View Post
Hi there. I read up on how to text below. When putting ignition to the on position, when HPFP reading, when it rises, till what psi should it rise to when you have Autotech internals?
The internals will not change the KOEO fuel pressure readings. The high pressure relief valve (HPRV) is what determines the pressure in the rail during the KOEO test.

The only way to know if you have upgraded (Autotech/Corksport/etc.) HPFP internals is to remove them from the HPFP and inspect them.
Erayners likes this.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
danb (09-12-2019)
 Old 09-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi, thanks for tip. I have a AP2. Reading on AP were 1326psi, and just stayed there. What should it read with autotech internal.upgrade?
 Old 09-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

Originally Posted by Erayners View Post
Hi, thanks for tip. I have a AP2. Reading on AP were 1326psi, and just stayed there. What should it read with autotech internal.upgrade?
Did you not read what I just wrote above? In case you missed it, I am quoting myself below and highlighting the important bits.

"The internals will not change the KOEO fuel pressure readings. The high pressure relief valve (HPRV) is what determines the pressure in the rail during the KOEO test.

The only way to know if you have upgraded (Autotech/Corksport/etc.) HPFP internals is to remove them from the HPFP and inspect them."

To be clear, the TYPE of fuel pump internals that you have will not have any effect on your KOEO fuel rail pressure. The only thing that can and will alter that pressure is the HPRV.

If you want to find out if you have aftermarket fuel pump internals, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THEM FROM THE PUMP AND INSPECT THEM.THERE IS LITERALLY NO OTHER WAY TO KNOW.

If you want to know if you have healthy fuel pressure while you are driving, then you have to datalog the HPFP Actual pressure while you are at WOT from 3000rpm - 6000rpm in a single gear (preferably third or fourth gear), and look to see if there are any dips in pressure below 1600psi during the WOT portion of the datalog.

You cannot assess the health of your fuel system while driving without datalogging. Watching the AP's screen will not help you at all, as the refresh rate is far too low to be useful.
Erayners likes this.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank you very much for that. I know I have the autotech cause I had it installed myself. Car was doing great after I had fuel rail sensor issues. I changed that, as well as in tank pump. After that, doing WOT logs, I am not seeing anything over 1400psi or something. That is when I knew I have fueling issues. Is there a way to use AP to see what in tank pump is doing, and if it's doing what it should, as well as for hpfp ? The issue must come from somewhere, I just don't know where.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erayners For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (09-12-2019)
 Old 09-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #10
Police - Grammarhead

I don't recall any particular way to read in-tank fuel pump pressures. Could you post a WOT datalog so we can take a look at it?