register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By tddvrrn
  • 1 Post By bigriver
  • 1 Post By wankular

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #1

realkewl will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Replace spark plugs

Ok guys, I'm sure this has been answered time and time again, but since it's my turn to replace my plugs on my MS3 2008, here goes the $1M question. How to you get the Intercooler off.

I loosen the ring, but how do you get the rubber hose off. BTW the ring does loosen, but will not slide down the hose. Not sure if that's an issue, but I cannot see what is keeping it from freely sliding around.

Keep in mind I'm not a mechanic, just like to do some things myself, so I'm assured it's done correctly.

I've already bought my plugs, and I downloaded a how to guide, but the rubber hoses is giving me grief.

Peace,
Realkewl
realkewl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,009 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did you remove the bolts holding the IC down?

if so, just pull. unscrew the hose clamp more, slide it down, and pull upwards on the intercooler.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chimmike For This Useful Post:
BobbleHead (02-02-2012), rfinkle2 (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #3

tddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,089 Times in 1,180 Posts
Groans: 103
Groaned at 86 Times in 55 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm actually a bit torn between ripping you the proverbial new anus for asking a very easily searchable topic and actually answering your question since it seems you have read up and are having problems with a specific step..

so.. the hose clamp, which is the 'ring' you are speaking of i think, should loosen up enough to move freely on the boost tube. if it doesn't, it may be stuck to the tube, in which case a good whack with a wrench should loosen it. or, it may be too short and you'll have to remove it completely.

as long as you have removed the 3 nuts holding on the ic and loosened the hose clamps on both boost tubes (one towards the back of the car, one towards the front), you should be able to wiggle and pull the intercooler off.

if you are having trouble, let the car warm up a few minutes. warm rubber is much more pliable than ice cold.

good luck. this is really quite easy. be careful doing the rest, i am afraid you may be a bit retarded.
2008 ms3 mit: hypertech tune, pg sri, corksport tip, jbr(80 tmm, 88 rmm, 80 pmm), jbarone bushings + heavy shift knob, diy sts, sure ssp, sensen shocks, jbr rsb, ford transfluid, aura 5 channel amp, jbl gt speakers, 6" bazooka sub, diy mudflaps, DDM 3000k HID fog kit, 6000k lows
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tddvrrn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tddvrrn For This Useful Post:
Black Metal (01-24-2012), BobbleHead (02-02-2012), chaser27 (07-28-2014), Easter Bunny (05-09-2013), Fermion (07-28-2014), kgb (12-21-2013), pipe (05-31-2012), rfinkle2 (01-24-2012), sadak (05-09-2013), uncorked11 (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #4

bigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,079 Times in 494 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Easier to just squeeze the hose to break it loose from the intercooler.
rfinkle2 likes this.
rfinkle2 (01-24-2012), tddvrrn (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #5

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,044 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I remember my stock hose clamps being glued to the tubes. Only in one spot so a good wiggle should get them off.
rfinkle2 likes this.
rfinkle2 (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #6

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,026 Posts
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've encountered what you're experiencing as well. Loosen the hose clamp and sometimes it get stuck on the rubber boost tube. Try to get enough slack on it and move that slack all along the edge of the clamp. It's not until you're able to rotate that clamp that it's free.

Also keep in mind that the bypass valve is connected to the cold pipe of the intercooler and you'll need to either remove the vacuum hose and return hose or take out the 2 bolts holding it to the cold pipe and leave it hanging there.
Just make sure that when you re-attach the BPV that the gasket isn't kinked and is well seated.
ETS TMIC, Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Cobb AccessPort, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & EGR Delete, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: KX-F3 Full Chassis Brace Kit, Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold, Ingalls Stiffy ETD, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
realkewl (01-24-2012), rfinkle2 (01-24-2012), tddvrrn (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #7

bigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya the clamp is glued to the hose. Just loosen it up a LOT and also squeeze the hose to break the gunk that might be between the hose and the IC inlet.
realkewl (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by theurgy View Post
I've encountered what you're experiencing as well. Loosen the hose clamp and sometimes it get stuck on the rubber boost tube. Try to get enough slack on it and move that slack all along the edge of the clamp. It's not until you're able to rotate that clamp that it's free.

Also keep in mind that the bypass valve is connected to the cold pipe of the intercooler and you'll need to either remove the vacuum hose and return hose or take out the 2 bolts holding it to the cold pipe and leave it hanging there.
Just make sure that when you re-attach the BPV that the gasket isn't kinked and is well seated.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Now, I cannot recall, which hose is the hot or cold, but I do recall there being three hoses that connected to the IC. Two towards the front. Is one of them the BPV you are referring too?

I think I"ll give it another go this weekend, so basically, I need to keep working the clamp until it freely moves around the hose, before I attempt to remove the hose.

Too bad there's no youtube on this.

Peace,
Realkewl
 Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,184 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by realkewl View Post
Too bad there's no youtube on this.
oh, but there is.

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
Chimmike (01-24-2012), tddvrrn (01-24-2012), uncorked11 (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,009 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dude. this is honestly a 15 minute job. Weekend? Srsly?
remove 3 nuts. disconnect 3 hose clamps (or loosen completely). Pull up firmly on intercooler (trust me, you're not going to break any hoses or anything.) viola, intercooler off.

then, unplug/remove individual coils. Take out old spark plugs.
check gap on new spark plugs.
install.

What plugs are you installing? Please don't say autolite or shit like that.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
im CAD hat's passt!

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 29 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Corksport TMIC instructions

that's corksport's instructions for their TMIC installation, but it goes through the removal as well. Maybe it will help you out. It was written for a gen2 but it's the same procedure for a gen1.

1994 Miata
Bought, disassembled, sold. Best bad decision I ever made

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
realkewl (01-24-2012), tddvrrn (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
Corksport TMIC instructions

that's corksport's instructions for their TMIC installation, but it goes through the removal as well. Maybe it will help you out. It was written for a gen2 but it's the same procedure for a gen1.
Good one! But OP is busy finger banging the hose clamps.

OP - the clamps will just get loose and wont rotate around the hose. You can stop fingering it.
Chimmike (01-24-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #13

deadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the worlddeadlandxtreme is the leader of the world
Groans: 82
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the OP after swapping out the plugs.
2010 Mazdaspeed3- Installed Mods:- GT 3071 (Ported,polished, and coated by Grimmspeed) Polished and coated throttle body (Grimmspeed)TWM Performance Full Replacement Short Shifter Kit, Corksport FMIC (Upgraded size and coated by Calico Coatings), HTP 4" SRI, Forge V2 BPV, Corksport coolant hoses, NGK Iridum, COBB AP, Full Race DP (ceramic coated), Corksport hangers,JBR EGR block off, Autotech HPFP internals. Glowshift triple gauge pod, Aeroforce Interceptor dual gauges, STRI Imperial boost gauge.Stratified EBCS.RSB and Rear Camber Arms ( JBR ). Tein EDFC kit - Tein Super Street Coilovers . Enkei Racing RPF1 .GTSPEC bracing (front to rear)Corksport FSB..StopTech SS Brake Lines-SportStop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors-StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads.. Stratified Boost dial and Guardian Angel. JMF Intake manifold. Full Race Exhaust Manifold (ceramic coated). Damond Motorsports CC. SSP CC. PERM PCV Plate. 3bar MAP. , CP-E Triton full exhaust(Tuning provided by Stratified Tuning)
deadlandxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadlandxtreme For This Useful Post:
karl-hungus (01-24-2012), msalva2 (09-14-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
dude. this is honestly a 15 minute job. Weekend? Srsly?
remove 3 nuts. disconnect 3 hose clamps (or loosen completely). Pull up firmly on intercooler (trust me, you're not going to break any hoses or anything.) viola, intercooler off.

then, unplug/remove individual coils. Take out old spark plugs.
check gap on new spark plugs.
install.

What plugs are you installing? Please don't say autolite or shit like that.
15 min would be great! I just ordered the OEM plugs which I think are NGK's...my days of ordering high-end stuff have passed. I like my speed3 the way it is...a real sleeper. Plus, I just bought another ride to compliment it, Kia Optima SX. So I just want to maintain my speed3 as is and do as much as I can...because time has showed me that your car gets messed up when you start taking it to the dealership. Not to offend any dealership mechanics here...you guys are different...

Peace,
Realkewl
The Following User Says Thank You to realkewl For This Useful Post:
tddvrrn (06-27-2012)
 Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #15

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,026 Posts
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sigh...... I tried.
ETS TMIC, Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Cobb AccessPort, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & EGR Delete, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: KX-F3 Full Chassis Brace Kit, Steedspeed Exhaust Manifold, Ingalls Stiffy ETD, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #16

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,044 Posts
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, right.
Re-visit this thread one year from today. And take a look at all the parts you have on your car. It's funny reading threads from like 2008 with dudes asking how to do an oil change and now present day they've gone BT with built motors.
theurgy (01-24-2012)
 Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #17

thomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the worldthomas_cory2000 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea right - my car is bone stock and I refuse to do any modding to it!! (just kidding)
The Money Pit: 2011 MS3 - Mica Black - Tech Package - Cobb SRI, TIH, AP, Hella horns, JBR Heavy Shift Knob, JBR RMM, JBR OCC, SSB, Test Pipe, Autotech HPFP Internals, Turbo Smart Kompact bpv, Sure Shortcut, DIY clutch travel mod

The Slut: 07 GSXR 750, PCIII, Jardine slip on, K&N filter, HID kit, GPR stabilizer, Breakaway bars, Vortex case cover & adjustable rearsets, SR frame sliders, 512 sprocket/chain, speedo adapter, ZG screen

God created turbo lag to give all motor cars a chance.

currently getting Freek tuned!
zoom zoom bitches...
thomas_cory2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #18

randino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

This post had me just rolling! It is so easy to pull off the damn TMIC. haha.

JBR 88 Dogbone & PTP Kicker | SURE AEROS/Countershift/Shortcut/Anchor Shift Bushings | COBB AP/TIP | CPE Catted DP/CBE/FMIC | Forge v2 BPV | DENSO ITV22 | PTP HPFP/Windage/BSD | Tanabe Strut Bar | JBR RSB/Camber Arms | BC Coilovers | GS EBCS | Guardian Angel | Coolant Bypass | CS Tow Plate & Hangers | Rotella T6 | LEX tuned!

Drive it like you stole it!!
randino69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #19

DoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the worldDoMiNic is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wankular View Post
Yeah, right.
Re-visit this thread one year from today. And take a look at all the parts you have on your car. It's funny reading threads from like 2008 with dudes asking how to do an oil change and now present day they've gone BT with built motors.
Been over a year and this dude is still a tool... with a fresh set of dusty oem plugs sitting in his garage.
TIP/AP-OTS-2/MS-SRI/JBR-88d-RMM/HPFP-Autotech/Ebay Downpipe/JBR-SP/Forged-BPV-v1.2/JBR-Boost-Tubes/WL-RSB/SPEC-CA/TWM-STS/JBR SB/TWM-Phantom-4in extension/Eibach-ProKit/Koni-Yellows/JBR-5mm-spacers/PCed-black-RX8s/Alpine-SWA-10S4/Alpine-M250/JBR-recirc-tube/DRAMA-E28-Tuned

Sold

08 FJ Cruiser Expo build in progress...
DoMiNic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

WRONG!!

The plugs have been changed thank you very much. You should inquiry first before making a false statement.

And for randino69, just because something is easy for you doesn't means it's easy for the next person. For example you know how to calculate the stochastics? How about land an airplane in a 20 knot crosswind?

And yes, it's been over a year and I'm still happy with my stock car. MAYBE because I have another car and a motorcycle. ;-)
 Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #21

kimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the worldkimura is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

WRONG!!

The plugs have been changed thank you very much. You should inquiry first before making a false statement.

And for randino69, just because something is easy for you doesn't means it's easy for the next person. For example you know how to calculate the stochastics? How about land an airplane in a 20 knot crosswind?

And yes, it's been over a year and I'm still happy with my stock car. MAYBE because I have another car and a motorcycle. ;-)
I just read this thread for the first time and couldn't decide if it was a complete troll job or not... with the gratuitous Kia mention... and because I couldn't actually believe that anybody could be as mechanically useless as you claim to be. then I got to this post and it looks like the whole thread is legit? lolwut?

seriously I think you are mechanically handicapped. I'm not sure you should try to even operate complicated machines like cars. please tell me you are posting from a Mac
 Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #22

Jeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Not Ranked  0 score     

WRONG!!
For example you know how to calculate the stochastics? How about land an airplane in a 20 knot crosswind?
You would think that if you could do these things that you could removed some worm clamps and rubber tubes. You shoulda asked him if he knew how to make a sammich cause that's what I'm going to get him to do next time I see him!

@randino69;
Jeremy3eb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeremy3eb View Post
You would think that if you could do these things that you could removed some worm clamps and rubber tubes. You shoulda asked him if he knew how to make a sammich cause that's what I'm going to get him to do next time I see him!

@randino69;
Hmmm...let me guess generation 'Y' living at home with moms.
 Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kimura View Post
I just read this thread for the first time and couldn't decide if it was a complete troll job or not... with the gratuitous Kia mention... and because I couldn't actually believe that anybody could be as mechanically useless as you claim to be. then I got to this post and it looks like the whole thread is legit? lolwut?

seriously I think you are mechanically handicapped. I'm not sure you should try to even operate complicated machines like cars. please tell me you are posting from a Mac
Seriously, NOT!!!

Forums are going the way of chat rooms...I pray to God you never need help with anything. Oh...and my guess is you do not know what I mean of going the way of chat rooms.

Dude you drive a Mazda...not a lexus, benz or Bimmer....A MAZDA ... my guess you never had either...and your reference to MAC WTF...that's so....not even words can express...thank God I do not need this forum anymore...one it's lack of moderation.
 Old 05-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #25

Jeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the worldJeremy3eb is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm...let me guess generation 'Y' living at home with moms.
Yeah, your moms.
Jeremy3eb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy3eb For This Useful Post:
DoMiNic (05-09-2013)
 Old 05-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #26

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,753 Times in 2,995 Posts
Groans: 2,480
Groaned at 79 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Too gay to even troll.

I hugged rfinkle2
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
DoMiNic (05-09-2013), Jeremy3eb (05-09-2013)
 Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #27

randino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the worldrandino69 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, what the hell happened on this thread? LOL. Yes, pretty much the EASIEST thing to remove on the car is the TMIC, but I digress. I will get back to living with MY mother, and tell my wife to take a hike. Actually, this thread is quite entertaining.

JBR 88 Dogbone & PTP Kicker | SURE AEROS/Countershift/Shortcut/Anchor Shift Bushings | COBB AP/TIP | CPE Catted DP/CBE/FMIC | Forge v2 BPV | DENSO ITV22 | PTP HPFP/Windage/BSD | Tanabe Strut Bar | JBR RSB/Camber Arms | BC Coilovers | GS EBCS | Guardian Angel | Coolant Bypass | CS Tow Plate & Hangers | Rotella T6 | LEX tuned!

Drive it like you stole it!!
randino69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randino69 For This Useful Post:
Jeremy3eb (05-22-2013)
 Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #28

TheSki1974 can only hope to improve
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

This thread was actually very helpful... I was also having a minor problem removing my intercooler. Just one question: what's an IC?

haaaa... just fuckin' with you, ya' hardcore supertuners, you. Everyone knows it's an integrated circuit.
TheSki1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say NO Thank You to TheSki1974 For This Un-useful Post:
Big Dog (07-28-2014), chaser27 (07-28-2014), ms6mil (08-02-2014), mxlplx71 (07-28-2014), smoogs12 (08-02-2014)
 Old 07-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #29

mxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,269 Times in 701 Posts
Groans: 114
Groaned at 14 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for reviving this bs

09 Speed3
2012= k04 intake 13.00@109.76
2013= BNRs2 E30 Freeked
Built & Bolted
12.63@113.75

2014 Bought 06 Speed6
Now with built block, ported head, gt3076, Fullrace exhaust mani, eBay catless dp, 6th port, DO 4 port method in a JMF intake Mani, JBR widepath, BSD, tigs, CPE front mount, KMD. Forge v2 bpv, egr Del, occ.
mxlplx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mxlplx71 For This Useful Post:
chaser27 (07-28-2014)
 Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #30

chaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the worldchaser27 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,156 Times in 424 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

INB4 @TheSki1974; tries to sell something at exactly 150 posts

EDIT: Nevermind. been a member for months and only posted once today... just a pointless ass post

POWER: HTP 3" intake, Corksport BPV, Cobb EBCS, Autotech HPFP, CPE full catless DP
ECU: AlphaTune
HANDLING: JBR RSB (Middle Setting)
RICE: Stickers and stuff, mudflaps, floormats, Evil M, etc.
RADAR: Passport Escort 9500ci
chaser27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #31

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,344 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The MS3 intercooler is cake, but the early MS6 intercooler is a bitch because of the 180° cold pipe and short coupler.

EDIT: I wasted my 3,000th post on this.

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

Last edited by sidekick; 07-28-2014 at 09:43 PM.
sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #32

mazdaspeed333 is infamous around these partsmazdaspeed333 is infamous around these partsmazdaspeed333 is infamous around these parts
Groaned at 88 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We'll I'm bout to throw in some denzo 22's and and gap em at .27, let's see how this tmic is to pop off >
mazdaspeed333 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #33
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,740 Times in 4,244 Posts
Groans: 119
Groaned at 68 Times in 55 Posts

For real, if you need help figuring out how to take your IC off, you probably shouldn't be doing your spark plugs.

Just don't over torque them bitches....

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #34

Dead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the worldDead Ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

When in doubt use a hammer , it works all the time for Jeremy Clarksonso why not
-CX Racing fmic piping -TR8L core
---------------------------------------------
2008 WHITE EVO X
-UR TP -UR Cat Back Single exit -Eibach springs
-UR UICP -TurboSmart dual port set fully recirculated
-Injen intake -3 port
...need moar money !

1995 Miata M Edition - DD
-The gay mobile
Dead Ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #35

mazdaspeed333 is infamous around these partsmazdaspeed333 is infamous around these partsmazdaspeed333 is infamous around these parts
Groaned at 88 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shouldn't be to hard, seems pretty straight foward.
mazdaspeed333 is online now   Reply With Quote