register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's MazdaSpeed 3 - How-To's - Want help out fellow owners? Post How-To's to simplify future installations for others.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #1

the95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Unhappy So..Lost my key and FOB...help? HOW TO..

go about getting another one from stealership? I bought the car with 1 key and 1 fob only..now I lost both of them.. how is this going to work tomorrow morning at the stealership exactly..I know our keys have chips in them..

any idea on the prices?
 Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #2

HutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can't say for sure but it won't be cheap. Ford gives their customers the ability to program their own keys and FOBs but you have to have at least 1 key and 2 FOBs (or is it the other way around?) However in your case, you are BONED.

Sorry dude!!

2010 Black Mica MazdaSpeed3 - jbarone stage 2 ssp w/ weighted shift knob - cp-e 60D rmm - 15% Tint + AIR Blue 80 - DDM 55w 5000k HIDs (waiting to install) - CorkSport SRI+TIP (on order) - EBC RedStuff Brake Pads (on order)

HutcHJC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #3

tom.bomb.1 is a name known to alltom.bomb.1 is a name known to alltom.bomb.1 is a name known to alltom.bomb.1 is a name known to alltom.bomb.1 is a name known to alltom.bomb.1 is a name known to all
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think just two keys to program the third
tom.bomb.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom.bomb.1 For This Useful Post:
FenixTX717 (07-07-2010)
 Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #4

ms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

They will charge you to pull up your key logs and then i think its around 100 to program the key, plus the cost of the key. My experience with keys at the dealer has always been shitty. My guess will be around $200-$250 total.
ms_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #5

the95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to beholdthe95z is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms_3 View Post
They will charge you to pull up your key logs and then i think its around 100 to program the key, plus the cost of the key. My experience with keys at the dealer has always been shitty. My guess will be around $200-$250 total.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EK for 1 key and a fob? sigh...life sucks when you have to go back to the stealership

reporting to the dealership tomorrow..will post experience and prices when I come back :9
 Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #6

ms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the worldms_3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by the95z View Post
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EK for 1 key and a fob? sigh...life sucks when you have to go back to the stealership

reporting to the dealership tomorrow..will post experience and prices when I come back :9
Good luck, they don't call it the stealership for nothing
ms_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

called..at first they said 140 for key...then called me back and said they needed to reprogram 2 keys at one time..so have to pay for both ..and of course the fob..so 300 for keys..140 for fob..

STEALERSHIP! any ideas?
 Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #8

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,044 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy shit. Thanks for the lesson. I won't be losing my keys anytime soon.
 Old 07-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,737 Times in 5,164 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

that sucks
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-14-2011)
 Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #10

HutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by the95z View Post
called..at first they said 140 for key...then called me back and said they needed to reprogram 2 keys at one time..so have to pay for both ..and of course the fob..so 300 for keys..140 for fob..

STEALERSHIP! any ideas?
Always buy an extra key so if you lose one you can reprogram the new one yourself?

Call a different dealer and see if they're more "friendly and understanding"?

Kill/incapacitate/or otherwise punish the person that sold you the car with only one key knowing they ALL come with 2?

2010 Black Mica MazdaSpeed3 - jbarone stage 2 ssp w/ weighted shift knob - cp-e 60D rmm - 15% Tint + AIR Blue 80 - DDM 55w 5000k HIDs (waiting to install) - CorkSport SRI+TIP (on order) - EBC RedStuff Brake Pads (on order)

The Following User Says Thank You to HutcHJC For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #11

charlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry, but I know if you want to do it on your own,
You need two preprogrammed keys to program a new one
and at least one preprogrammed FOB to program a new one
The stealerships ridiculous prices is why i got a third (key and fob) just incase i loose one.

You could buy two keys and an FOB or pair online (ebay or something) for cheaper and ask the dealer how much they charge for cutting (not sure if this is possible without a copy) and programming only. This maybe the only way to save some.

However i will tell you that my local dealers didnt want to put a "ebay" key into their cutting machine cause they said their machine will get ruined by the "crappy" key and wanted to charge me 150 for a new one. I gave em the finger and went to the depot and got it done for free...
charlesfist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlesfist For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #12

CherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had the same issue about 4 months ago...lost my only key/FOB...in the freaking ocean. Thank goodness I was able to get two non-FOB keys cut from a locksmith for free. Then had car towed to Mazda, they programmed those two keys and I also bought a third from them - only top/blade part without the FOB. Cost me $110 for key and program oof the three keys. Then drove to my Mazda dealer (the one I was towed to was out of my area) and my service advisor gave me a new FOB to snap into the blade...for free. He had a whole drawer full of extras.

I do know that if you have to get a FOB from dealer, around $200-$300.

* Forge BPV * Cobb SF SRI * Cobb TIP * NGK Iridium 1-step colder plugs * Side vent mounted 60mm Prosport Premium Boost Gauge
* SU Test Pipe * CX-7 antenna * Clear side markers w/super white led's * R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors/Rotora Ceramic Pads * SU Rear Engine Mount * Magnaflow CBE * TWM Stage 2 SS w/bushings

CherryMicaChick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #13

charlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try onlinemazdaparts.com (No affiliation)

Online Mazda Parts

OEM parts and cheaper prices (for somethings i guess). They can cut your key (only key around $75 shipped) from your VIN and some other info. Calling them is a better idea (from other forums people say Jason took care of them)

You still need to reprogram at the dealer. So double check to see what your total cost will be...

Originally Posted by CherryMicaChick06 View Post
Had the same issue about 4 months ago...lost my only key/FOB...in the freaking ocean. Thank goodness I was able to get two non-FOB keys cut from a locksmith for free. Then had car towed to Mazda, they programmed those two keys and I also bought a third from them - only top/blade part without the FOB. Cost me $110 for key and program oof the three keys. Then drove to my Mazda dealer (the one I was towed to was out of my area) and my service advisor gave me a new FOB to snap into the blade...for free. He had a whole drawer full of extras.

I do know that if you have to get a FOB from dealer, around $200-$300.
In the ocean of all places
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #14

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,132 Times in 261 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got 2 when I bought the car, but I didn't really ask for it. I remember they only had 1 key+fob set, and had to program 2 whole new sets for me. I got to drive a CX7 around for a day.

Maybe ask if it's somehow covered under warranty (doubtful). Otherwise you're just gonna have to pay that price. I don't think a 3rd party has the setup to do the key programming, but I could be wrong.
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,184 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
predapio (07-08-2010), wankular (07-08-2010), xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^ no...they didnt use the jelly..they raped us without it..my wife leaves on business trip in a couple days..so we need to get the keys today
we bought the car from a mazda dealer with 21k..they sold it to us as NEW..but only provided 1 key and fob...since they sold it to us NEW...should we complain?..would be obvious to complain alll mas late that we lost keys tho...

i would go through the helpful links yall have provided..but because of the time strained limit..and because we would possibly only save about 100 bucks in the end...it seems we are fooked

damnit guys...hold on to your keys!! dont lose them in the OCEAN at least haha..some funnys for our gay situation..

they charge as if we are driving mercedes!! fukers..
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,175 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if they sold it as new, then you may as well complain about the fact that there was only 1key+fob. a new car comes with 2 keys, 2 fobs, and a valet key.
Sacrilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sacrilicious For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

+1

Old 07-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

WE JUST WON THE FOOKING LOTTERY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..it feels like it. haha SHE FOUND THE DAMN KEYS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! but..we are now going to stealership to get another key and fob..and possibly get them for free from complaining...if we have to pay..I will report what they charged us for each being that we already have 1 key and fob. FOOOOOOOOOOK YEAH!!!!! feel on top of the world! phew..that was like a cobb AP down thedrain ;p thanks for all the help/support!
 Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #20
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,175 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha...np, man...go complain up a storm, because it's not "new" without the bare bone basics!
Sacrilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
The Following User Says Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
wankular (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #22

pebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sacrilicious View Post
if they sold it as new, then you may as well complain about the fact that there was only 1key+fob. a new car comes with 2 keys, 2 fobs, and a valet key.
Theres supposed to be a valet key? Crap, I didn't get one when I got mine (new).
 Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pebenito View Post
Theres supposed to be a valet key? Crap, I didn't get one when I got mine (new).
+1 Bought new and no valet key..
 Old 07-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #24
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, no valet key.
 Old 07-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
Team Überfrazn

labikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the worldlabikesrcool is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no valet key for this guy(08 sport). maybe it's an 07 thing?
- Mitch Hedberg
labikesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well..we complained..they gave us a fob..it has the same exact numbers of everything on the back..but for some reason wont work..? does it still have to be programmed to car? if so..how can I do it? The manager snuck it out for us..gave it to us free..but he didnt know himself how to get it to work..he just thought if all numbers matched it would work..but didnt any links for fob programming guys? I have 1 working key and 1 working fob as it is..1 fob needing programming..

and he sent us to some other guy that does side work to get keys that work on car and engine for 40 bucks!! we are going to get 2 more veerrrry soon but as for the fob from dealer..:
08.5 gt ms3:
FOB: 155
Key w/chip no flip: 145
Key w/flip and alarm built in: 225

there was also a "maybe needed programming job..depends" type deal for each: 50 for programming..

yeah thats if you have a working key and fob already..if you lost them all...well you know from here
 Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Reprogramming FOB:

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.

Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

Enjoy!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlesfist For This Useful Post:
HutcHJC (07-08-2010), mr.speedy3 (11-09-2014)
 Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by charlesfist View Post
Reprogramming FOB:

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.

Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.
I GET TO THIS STEP AND THEN BOTH MY WORKING REMOTE AND NON WORKING ONE THAT WAS GIVEN TO US..AFTER PRESSING ANY BUTTONS TWICE DOES NOT GIVE A RESPONSE BACK FROM CAR...

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

Enjoy!!!
So after not getting a response..I take key out from ignition and try my original working remote..and of course it still works..So I switch batteries..and original remote still works..and non working one needing programming still doesnt. So I try the above list^ and still no response from car from either remote when pushing any button 2x on either remote on step 7. any ideas?

oh also..the new remote is EXACTLY the same as the one that came and works with car..FCC ID and Model # and everything match up exactly..

from what I am reading is that 2008 ms3s have to have their FOBS programmed by stealership by a computer..?

Last edited by the95z; 07-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
the95z is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok..I got them to work with list above thank you!! There is a trick..You have to do steps 1-4 within 24 seconds..and fcc and model #s must be the same!

everything done here guys! I will try to report when we get these 40 dollar keys as well.
 Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #30

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,044 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CherryMicaChick06 View Post
Had the same issue about 4 months ago...lost my only key/FOB...in the freaking ocean.
Pics of trip to the ocean?
 Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Link for extra help with fob in case:
good info in here.
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=8247.120
 Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #32

Zeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the worldZeya is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is a valet key? Just a third key without a fob?

<--- Too poor for valet
 Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zeya View Post
What is a valet key? Just a third key without a fob?
Something f'd up my post.

A proper valet key will cripple your car while a valet is driving it. Less power/accel. and top speed is something like 45/55 mph.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ whaaaa really? I WANT ONE!!! damn valets...
 Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #35

CherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond reputeCherryMicaChick06 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by charlesfist View Post

In the ocean of all places
Yep, it was fawking horrible. 90 miles from home, out at the beach for the weekend for a friend's b-day. Had our dog with us and decided to stop by the beach before heading to her house, so pup could have some fun. EVERYTHING we brought with us for the weekend was in the trunk, which we all know unless you do the back seat mod, on the MS6 the only way to open the trunk is with a key or the handle on the trunk (if the car isn't locked). Had my flip flops on, a pair of shorts, a hoodie and a tank top.

80 lb. pitbull pulls me a little too hard down the beach and I go tumbling several times. Key was in pocket of hoodie. By the time I had realized that during the tumble the key had fallen out, I was about a 1/2 mile down the beach and high tide was coming in. It sucked out loud.

Had to get a locksmith out to at least jimmy the car open so I could get my purse. Had to go buy all new clothes for that night as the locksmith couldn't get keys until the next day.

* Forge BPV * Cobb SF SRI * Cobb TIP * NGK Iridium 1-step colder plugs * Side vent mounted 60mm Prosport Premium Boost Gauge
* SU Test Pipe * CX-7 antenna * Clear side markers w/super white led's * R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors/Rotora Ceramic Pads * SU Rear Engine Mount * Magnaflow CBE * TWM Stage 2 SS w/bushings

CherryMicaChick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HutcHJC View Post
Something f'd up my post.

A proper valet key will cripple your car while a valet is driving it. Less power/accel. and top speed is something like 45/55 mph.
And you got one of these from the dealer when you bought it?
 Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

And you got one of these from the dealer when you bought it?
The Tech Package comes with the Advanced Keyless Ignition. In each FOB there's a key that will start your car. No electronics or anything. You can unlock the door and drive the car. I haven't read anything that states that key is a "true" valet key in the sense that it keeps the car from accelerating fast or reaching a top speed. The sales dude stated that I should keep the "key" and let the valet use the FOB as the key will unlock the glove box or some storage area that I have yet to find. I think he may have had it backwards.

I'll drive my car later today with the valet key and leave the FOB at my desk and see what happens. I'll report back here. Maybe a quick run to 7-11 for a Slurpee.:phillyb:

Old 07-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HutcHJC View Post
The Tech Package comes with the Advanced Keyless Ignition. In each FOB there's a key that will start your car. No electronics or anything. You can unlock the door and drive the car. I haven't read anything that states that key is a "true" valet key in the sense that it keeps the car from accelerating fast or reaching a top speed. The sales dude stated that I should keep the "key" and let the valet use the FOB as the key will unlock the glove box or some storage area that I have yet to find. I think he may have had it backwards.

I'll drive my car later today with the valet key and leave the FOB at my desk and see what happens. I'll report back here. Maybe a quick run to 7-11 for a Slurpee.:phillyb:
Ohh it's a tech package in the gen2s. They probably didn't have valet keys for the gen1. For a moment I was thinking this was a similar situation to when Haltech got screwed out of his oil cap that says Mazdaspeed 3 on it, lol.
 Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ohh it's a tech package in the gen2s. They probably didn't have valet keys for the gen1. For a moment I was thinking this was a similar situation to when Haltech got screwed out of his oil cap that says Mazdaspeed 3 on it, lol.
Ahh, got it.

Well, I finally got a chance to check out the "Auxiliary Key" and it appears to inhibit neither acceleration nor top speed (at least to 80). So it doesn't appear to be a "Valet" key and is more of a "if the battery in your Advanced Key FOB dies you can use the key to start and drive the car." Oh well...

Last edited by HutcHJC; 07-12-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Grammar
 Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't make the same mistake again of overestimating our crappy ECU. lol
HutcHJC (07-13-2010)