register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Cobb Tuning >
Cobb Access Port/Maps

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SLOWHATCH
  • 2 Post By Cobb Tuning

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #1

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,681 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Still losing communication?

What there ever a fix for this, my AP is still losing communication at least 25% of the time I try to log..

If you can't fix it 100% could you at least make the AP end the log so I can view what it managed to catch before the issue..instead of trying to re-connect forever forcing me to unplug the ap to reset it--and lose the entire log in the process..

Nothing sucks more than logging WOT through 4 gears and then it losing communication and losing the entire thing..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
08cosmic3 (02-25-2012), atvfreek (02-18-2012), Boost_creep (03-19-2012), helmetface (02-25-2012), MindCrimes (02-25-2012), nindoja (01-31-2012), sick_role (01-31-2012), SLOWHATCH (01-31-2012), SofaKingAwesome (02-01-2012), TriO (02-01-2012), wolly6973 (02-01-2012)
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #2

Poet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond reputePoet-Tek has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

90% it's the cable/connectors if you are losing communication between the car and AP during WOT. Have you replaced the USB cable/dongle to eliminate that possibility? You might even just want to position the cable and AP differently during driving and see if that helps. When you just drive around does the AP reboot or go blank momentarily often?

If it's the actual log file not capturing data, I think they have a firmware update that addresses it. But it sounds to me like there's a cable/connector problem or you need to send your AP for repair.

You could try rewriting/updating the firmware to eliminate a software glitch. If there is a cold solder joint or some other defect on the board or internal AP USB Connector, your best bet is to send it for repair.

Hope that helps.
Poet-Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Poet-Tek For This Un-useful Post:
SofaKingAwesome (02-01-2012)
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #3

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I feel your pain. Although mine seemed to be doing it pretty often a few weeks ago, not so much lately.

Its weird how it's so unpredictable. Only thing I figured to do was to make sure it was actually logging before going wot. I found that if I do it this way it still records the log vs other times where I would loose the entire log if it lost communication from the start.

Also once it does lose communication you can just hit the back button without unplugging the ap. At least that works on mine.

Hope there is a TRUE fix for this at some point. But I wouldn't trade my AP for anything else either way.

Originally Posted by Poet-Tek View Post
90% it's the cable/connectors if you are losing communication between the car and AP during WOT. Have you replaced the USB cable/dongle to eliminate that possibility? You might even just want to position the cable and AP differently during driving and see if that helps. When you just drive around does the AP reboot or go blank momentarily often?

If it's the actual log file not capturing data, I think they have a firmware update that addresses it. But it sounds to me like there's a cable/connector problem or you need to send your AP for repair.

You could try rewriting/updating the firmware to eliminate a software glitch. If there is a cold solder joint or some other defect on the board or internal AP USB Connector, your best bet is to send it for repair.

Hope that helps.
AP only seems to lose communication when datalogging. Never on the live data screen or at any point except when datalogging.
Stealth01 and rfinkle2 like this.

Last edited by SLOWHATCH; 01-31-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLOWHATCH For This Useful Post:
MindCrimes (02-25-2012), rfinkle2 (02-01-2012)
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,681 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Poet-Tek View Post

Hope that helps.
I have tried several different mounts/mounting locations, removed and zip tied the OBD2 connector, installed ferrules on the cable and car harness, it makes no difference. It never has any issues driving around showing live data. The issue only happens when actually logging. It says it's lost communication, and tries to reconnect forever, I have to unplug it to reset it.

If the AP occasionally loses connection because of how fast it's polling the ECM, I can live with that.

What's annoying is how the AP handles the issue.. It should save the log immediately after the connection is lost, and then try and reconnect to the ECM. I'd rather the AP save whatever portion of the log it can, than lose everything because it sticks trying to reconnect, and I'm forced to unplug it.

Originally Posted by SLOWHATCH View Post
Also once it does lose communication you can just hit the back button without unplugging the ap. At least that works on mine.
None of the buttons work for me, I have to unplug the AP to reset it..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (01-31-2012)
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #5

bigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,083 Times in 494 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has only happened once since the last software update. Used to happen a lot more frequently before then. I know there wasnt a fix in the last update but at least its less frequent for me.
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #6

sick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the worldsick_role is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

really frustrating. happens to me often.

Oh you mean dogs. Yeah I like dogs. I drive a Hyundai.
sick_role is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #7

xtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the worldxtasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 98
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Better than mines. mine disconnects every other log. It's getting annoying. =\
Mazdaspeed6 #10018 TiGrey
Forged Internals, PTE5858.
2015' Freektuned on 93Octane 322/337 (stock top mount and BPV)
2016' Freektuned on e85/93 480/444 (maxed out 3bar map sensor)
2017' Freektuned on e85/93 525/497 (maxed out pte5858 @ 35/36psi & fueling)
Mazda CX-5 AWD Daily
xtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #8

Metal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im lucky to get one log out of 3 attempts. It's so hit or miss too, sometimes I can get a good long log, other times it drops out right after starting the log. I also have to unplug mine in order for it to reconnect. I really like the new rate, but it seems to have unleashed some gremlins.
Metal409 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #9

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,751 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine loses connection right when starting the log- It'll monitor fine, and when you start the log it just loses connection, have to go back to the main screen and start monitoring again, then start a log again. This fail is about 1 in 5 logging attempts.

I lose connection during a log only rarely, maybe 1 in 30 or so, but that happens during the long logs and most of mine are under a minute.
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #10

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,219 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can minimize the amount of communication errors if you log from the data log screen vs. the live data screen.

It isn't a 100% fix, but seems to work pretty well for many guys.

It also seems that it is best to move back to the main menu, and choose datalog>the paramater you wish to log> and start logging right away.

(e.g. don't monitor for a long period of time in the datalog screen before starting the log)
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
Metal409 (02-01-2012), shawn. (02-25-2012), SofaKingAwesome (02-01-2012)
 Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,770 Times in 4,954 Posts
Groans: 890
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@David@COBB, is there an ETA for a fix? My offer for test vehicle/AP still stands.

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #12

TriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
Mine loses connection right when starting the log- It'll monitor fine, and when you start the log it just loses connection, have to go back to the main screen and start monitoring again, then start a log again. This fail is about 1 in 5 logging attempts.

I lose connection during a log only rarely, maybe 1 in 30 or so, but that happens during the long logs and most of mine are under a minute.
Same here. This never happened to me before but since I recently updated atr/AP firmware its happening quite often. It's a pita which Cobb should fix. it was definitely caused by one of the updates....
TriO is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #13
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SofaKingAwesome View Post
@David@COBB, is there an ETA for a fix? My offer for test vehicle/AP still stands.
I'm working on it guys. It isn't easy to track down, as I believe it to be linked to some form of memory allocation issues.

-David@COBB
TiGraySpeed6 and rfinkle2 like this.
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cobb Tuning For This Useful Post:
08cosmic3 (02-25-2012), atvfreek (02-18-2012), BobbleHead (02-06-2012), Boost_creep (03-19-2012), Easter Bunny (09-05-2012), fywdyl (02-01-2012), knarfies (03-15-2012), Metal409 (02-02-2012), MindCrimes (02-25-2012), rfinkle2 (02-01-2012), SofaKingAwesome (02-01-2012), SSinstaller (02-01-2012), TriO (02-01-2012), xtasy (02-01-2012)
 Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #14

Atomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond reputeAtomic41 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 38 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice to know you're on it !
 Old 02-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #15

fywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Remember back in the good ol' days, you had to blow into the NES cartridge to get it to work?
Try that before plugging in the AP.
Corksport TMIC || cp-e HPFP || COBB Accessport || JBR 3.5" WP SRI + 80 Duro Trilogy Mounts + RSB + IM TIG + TB Coolant Bypass & TIG + SSP + Bushings + Heavy Shift Knob || HKS SSQV III VTA || Denso ITV-22 || Ultimate Racing V2 Catted DP+Resonated TP || Ported IM || GT3071
Mods to come:
Driver Mod || Snow Performance Meth Kit
fywdyl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fywdyl For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (09-05-2012), rfinkle2 (02-01-2012), Stealth01 (02-25-2012)
 Old 02-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #16

BobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,103 Times in 898 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 33 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It rarely happens to me if I wait for it to start logging then go WOT. If I press the button and go WOT at the same time, I always have errors

BobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #17

TriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This issue is really starting to get annoying for me... Every time I go out to get logs it crashes a few times... Which sucks when I'm fighting for clear roads with no
Po Po.

Any update from Cobb?
TriO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TriO For This Useful Post:
qtrmile beast (09-05-2012)
 Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #18

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad you're working in it, David. THis happens to me about one in every three logs, and it seems to happen randomly, with no rhyme or reason as to why. WOT MIGHT have something to do with it...but not positive on that.

PLEASE let us know when this is fixed. LOVE my AP, but this is a pain.

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #19

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 22 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i've noticed it happens any time you sit at the datalog screen for a long period of time. if i go to monitor>datalog>KR then immediately start my log, i never once lose communication. however, if i go to monitor>datalog>KR and drive for 10 seconds (or more) or so THEN hit the middle button to start my log, it loses connection. and that happens almost every time if i don't start my datalog quickly.

i've just been making sure i start everything immediately and it works 100% of the time, but it is kind of annoying still to be doing all of that and time it exactly to where you want to start your log etc. haha
ATP GTX3071r// Cobb 3 Port EBCS // 3 Bar MAP // Cobb Accessport Freek Tuned // E85 Mix // JBR 3.5" Intake/TIP // Treadstone TR8C FMIC // Autotech HPFP Internals // Ported IM //C-pe Catted Downpipe // TRZ RMM // Corksport CBE // ISC Coilovers // EBC Slotted Rotors--Redstuff Pads // TWM shifter bushings // Dashhawk v2 // 6000k HIDs
Built engine--Manley H Beam Rods--Wiseco Pistons
shawn. is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #20

radbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the worldradbrad is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had this issue since day one. About 1 out of 4 logs would loose connection.

But since the latest update it has been happening much less.. About 1 out of eve 10 logs.

Also I've noticed it looses connection a lot less if you data log from the data log menu, not from the live data menu.

My .02 cents.
RadBrad
TWM STS || Forge BPVv1 || Sure RMM || Cobb SRI || CNT DP || AP || Autotech || ITV22 || COBB/TR8L FMIC || JBR TB&IM TIG || HTP TIP || JBR PMM&TMM || JBR EGR DELETE || Cobb CBE || SONIC COs || Perm Plate & OCC || JBR OCC || PnP IM || DO Meth Inj. ||
radbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #21

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm still having this issue and it's really starting to piss me off. I made three passes at the strip and tried to log all three and everyone lost contact during the run. This happens half the time now. I never had this issue until an update several months ago.

@cobb fix this issue please. If it's a cable let me know, I'll buy another cable if it's not under warranty. I don't have any issue except logging so I doubt it's the cable in my case.
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
08cosmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08cosmic3 For This Useful Post:
shawn. (03-22-2012)
 Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
Banned

scorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the world
Groans: 77
Groaned at 103 Times in 42 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is what is happening to me

Connection Issues NOT logging
scorpiorc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #23

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 987 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well i just bought mine about 3 months ago but i just started driving the car with it in the car and i am already getting this almost every time i go to log.......it also seems like it is having problems connected to my ATR as well..
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
Banned

scorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the worldscorpiorc10 is the leader of the world
Groans: 77
Groaned at 103 Times in 42 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had to get this

New OBD-II OBD2 16Pin Male to Female Extension Cable Diagnostic Extender M16P | eBay

because I guess a small % of us have stretched pins in the OBD2 port.
@David@COBB they told they would not make a better cable with longer and thicker pins like the cable I bought off ebay that works great!
scorpiorc10 is offline   Reply With Quote