register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Appearance > Appearance - Exterior > Appearance - BLACK

Appearance - BLACK All appearance mods for black cars

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonb82

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

airsoftsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question Fender flares/fender rolling etc...

Hey y'all I got some new rims today for my BM MS3 and I love them, but... I did not expect them to be THIS wide!! Granted they're 18x9.5, but they are much better than my old rims, which are cracked and basically thrown away honestly. So I got this pair of ambit re82's.

I like their look but they do stick out a bit too much. Would rolling the fenders be a more feasible idea or actual fender flares??? I don't want to go overboard with the "hellaflush" look. I just wanna make it look clean, not get my fenders and tires grinded down, and not murdered.

Btw first post yaaay lmfao and I tried using the search forum button yet it keeps glitching out on me... so please don't flame me if there is a thread related to this.

I would appreciate all the help thank you MSF community!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_10210274914215822.jpeg (256.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg received_10210274913335800.jpeg (171.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpeg received_10210274285280099.jpeg (247.9 KB, 39 views)
airsoftsolja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to airsoftsolja For This Un-useful Post:
btstarcher (09-14-2017)
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #2

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Not Ranked  0 score     

2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post

So what are you trying to say? Can you give some criticism, advice, opinions, etc?
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #4

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you can post here, I doubt the search function is not working for you. Too lazy? You come on here looking for easy answers and you will get flamed 100% of the time.

With that said, if you did search on google you would find hundreds of fitment threads. And perhaps you would have then had the frame of mind to look at the offset of the wheels you have now put on your car BEFORE purchasing them. To ensure they would not look gay as fuck and destroy your tires and fenders.

They are not right. Get wheels with the proper offset. I am dumbfounded you think some type of fender rolling is going to help.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-14-2017), monkey.bones.007 (09-13-2017)
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you can post here, I doubt the search function is not working for you. Too lazy? You come on here looking for easy answers and you will get flamed 100% of the time.

With that said, if you did search on google you would find hundreds of fitment threads. And perhaps you would have then had the frame of mind to look at the offset of the wheels you have now put on your car BEFORE purchasing them. To ensure they would not look gay as fuck and destroy your tires and fenders.

They are not right. Get wheels with the proper offset. I am dumbfounded you think some type of fender rolling is going to help.
The search bar kept disappearing on me on my phone. I can't understand why as I've tried it many times. I don't have a computer, which would make this much easier, and I've dug deep within a lot of threads to find solutions.

And yeah, I've should have researched more with the width and offset fitment threads. It's just that my situation of driving a set of cracked rims and a different rim from an oem mazda 6 has basically got me desperate to find a set of clean rims ASAP.

I don't intend to annoy anyone or anything. I'm very new to the car scene so I'm trying to learn hands-on and through specific forums like this place. I appreciate your input though.
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #6

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yikes. No fender roll is going to do anything about that. Not even a pull. And flares look like shit honestly. You're in a tight spot, I would suggest trying to find some proper wheels to run and selling those. Also hard to tell from that pic but it looks like the tint on your hatch is bubbled like no other. Should consider fixing that as well.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Yikes. No fender roll is going to do anything about that. Not even a pull. And flares look like shit honestly. You're in a tight spot, I would suggest trying to find some proper wheels to run and selling those. Also hard to tell from that pic but it looks like the tint on your hatch is bubbled like no other. Should consider fixing that as well.
Hahaha! Yeah that tint needs to get taken cared of BAD!!! I haven't shown her much love at all so that will be taken cared of very soon. I got these rims for a very good price so I can flip it or consider trading them in to someone around here in Houston.

I was so stoked to not pump air anymore every day because of those damn cracked rims though... oh well!
 Old 09-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #8

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fortune Flares is making a wide body kit for the genpu. Genwon is next. Probably going to be pricey though

Sent while probably pooping
airsoftsolja likes this.
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #9

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hate fender flares on these cars. They just look so shitty. Although those are much better than the bolt on options.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post

Fortune Flares is making a wide body kit for the genpu. Genwon is next. Probably going to be pricey though

I think I fell in love.... That absolutely looks drop dead gorgeous!!!
 Old 09-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by airsoftsolja View Post
The search bar kept disappearing on me on my phone. I can't understand why as I've tried it many times. I don't have a computer, which would make this much easier, and I've dug deep within a lot of threads to find solutions.

And yeah, I've should have researched more with the width and offset fitment threads. It's just that my situation of driving a set of cracked rims and a different rim from an oem mazda 6 has basically got me desperate to find a set of clean rims ASAP.

I don't intend to annoy anyone or anything. I'm very new to the car scene so I'm trying to learn hands-on and through specific forums like this place. I appreciate your input though.
Gotcha. Well, like DJohns said, find a proper set of fitting wheels and sell these. Good luck.

I don't think those flares look good, but that orange paint color is badass.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotcha. Well, like DJohns said, find a proper set of fitting wheels and sell these. Good luck.

I don't think those flares look good, but that orange paint color is badass.
Yea that color is gorgeous. I find it funny they have money to change the color, fender flares and all the other rice on that car....but they don't have the money for a front mount to cover up that ugly ass crash bar? Lol.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:22 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea that color is gorgeous. I find it funny they have money to change the color, fender flares and all the other rice on that car....but they don't have the money for a front mount to cover up that ugly ass crash bar? Lol.
Probably all stock under the hood. Because rice.....

Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #14

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think that's the guy's car that owns the start up. If I remember correctly he's mocking it up on his and then selling the kits.

CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #15

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,108 Times in 496 Posts
Groans: 110
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All show, no go.
Mods: Cobb AP, MSD Dashhawk, GT3076r, HTP 3" SRI, FMIC w/ tr8, Wiseco Pistons, Manely Rods, HPFP AutoTech Intenals, NJSPEED3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ VCTS Delete, Turbosmart BPV, Grimspeed 3-Port EBCS, NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs, 3.0" ATP Turbo Dowpipe w/ high flow cat, Devil's Own Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection Kit, CP-E 50/50 100 Proof Methanol, ACT 6 puck sprung w/ streetlite flywheel, Block8head vent pod, Prosport Performance Boost Gauge Amber/White, Cipher Auto Harness Bar, Cipher Auto 4-point Racing Harness, H&R Sport Springs, CP-E rear diff mount, JBR RMM 80A, SPC Front Adjustable Ball Joints, dale_gribble .5" top-hat spacers, Enkei Raijin Hypersilver 18x8 +45, 225/45/18
-Autocross Setup-
17x8 +38, BF Goodrich R1 225/45/17

Other Rides:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM: 114k miles, never modded (Totaled March 2013)
1969 Ford Ranchero: 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 600cfm, fully re-done interior (w/ Grant steering wheel, '91 T-Bird SC racing bucket seats), C-6 Automatic Trans w/ shifter kit, First, body work, then drag racing and dumping money into it.
1969 Pontiac Firebird: 4:11 gears, 28x10 ET Streets (Middle of restoration with father)
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: 174k miles, 5 speed, Fiberglass Baja Front clip, 2in body lift, 4in suspension lift, 33x10 BFG All-Terrains, Custom Smittybuilt Bumpers, Custom Intake (SOLD)
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #16

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
Sorry...I like it! Maybe the epic paint is tricking me into liking it. Like really well done make-up on an otherwise butter-face.
eBay Stage 1 OCC, DM RMM & Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, SRI, TBE, 20psi, OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (265hp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2017, 04:51 AM   #17

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,420 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like a jack o lantern but I'm still diggin it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3rd rebuild on the way...maybe...
Cheapspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

« NJ 07 Speed 3 | - »